Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174559 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 24 - Beta V0.6 - Gui and merging versions
« Reply #945 on: January 25, 2014, 02:07:28 am »

A group with skeletons showed up, and once again no problems! Had a few hiccups with flow while the skeletons righted themselves but again, no infighting with minions or ghouls and nobody attacked the skeletons, so good work!

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 25, 2014, 04:33:53 am »

Yesterday I've been trying to make v.06b run on my linux machine all day. I still have the rotten meat explosion problem. I need help!
Is anyone able to run this with linux?

Also:
Would someone(Windows or working linux) be so kind and test this save for me?
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8362
0 frames since embark.
What I want to know:
  • One of the Ghouls is causing an explosion of rotten meat. Does it still happen for you?
  • Do more explosions happen later on?(just let it run for one or two minutes)

What I found out about my little Problem so far:
  • not using dfhack does not stop it
  • It stops If I break the line of sight between the ghoul and everyone else
  • It continues, once they see some other creature again
  • It seems to consist of Two parts: One part where rotten meat flies in every direction and one where it only goes in one direction
  • The second one seems to be hot and is displayed with a red tile. (If it hits the wagon/the drinks a fire starts. After the fire the wagon and the drinks are gone)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:36:44 am by somebears »

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 25, 2014, 05:54:38 am »

I wish there was some way to farm trees like in dwarf mode  :(

I sould at least be able to farm the evil ones.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 25, 2014, 06:27:27 am »

I've finally found a solution to the room value problem:
Step 1: Have wood on the map
Step 2: Have someone cut down 10 trees
Step 3: Build a crematorium and a screw press
Step 4: Turn 10 wood into 30 coke
Step 5: Press coke into diamonds
Step 6: ???
Step 7: Profit!!!!
EDIT:
(Step 8: Optional) repeat steps 1-7 5 times and use the resulting gems to boost a skeleton to legendary engraver skill

you should keep watch on your value, you wouldn't want to trigger sieges too early

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 25, 2014, 08:43:17 am »

i demand a picture for today
Day 24 Warlocks and gnomes
A Shitty photoshop image for you
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: dammit I figured I'd make a quick image, but meph beat me too it, his looks better too.
Can you remove the gnome? That Warlock is SO COOL. I WANT IT FOR MY BACKGROUND.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #950 on: January 25, 2014, 09:02:46 am »

Playtesting goes well? Thats good to hear.

the artificial gems are in the Ebonforge, which also makes the new glasses. I think 15 gems is fine for a legendary worker.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 25, 2014, 11:49:38 am »

You can still build a sawmill the last I checked (under the industry workshops).  That will let you get your hands on acorns and spores when your lumberjacks are smoothing wood.  This assumes you did not get any at embark. Just set them to farm and restrict your fields (d->o->r) to keep your guys from randomly stomping your seeds out of the ground on their way to kicking the occasional puppy.  Warlocks tend to make poor farmers, but if you need trees, you need trees.

As an additional note, the ethereal portal makes for a near instant stone carving industry now that the blocks do not vaporize anymore. Cannot set a workflow yet to stop production, but that's not surprising given that it is a new workshop generating the blocks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #952 on: January 25, 2014, 12:07:46 pm »

You can still build a sawmill the last I checked (under the industry workshops).  That will let you get your hands on acorns and spores when your lumberjacks are smoothing wood.  This assumes you did not get any at embark. Just set them to farm and restrict your fields (d->o->r) to keep your guys from randomly stomping your seeds out of the ground on their way to kicking the occasional puppy.  Warlocks tend to make poor farmers, but if you need trees, you need trees.

As an additional note, the ethereal portal makes for a near instant stone carving industry now that the blocks do not vaporize anymore. Cannot set a workflow yet to stop production, but that's not surprising given that it is a new workshop generating the blocks.
You still cant use the farmed trees. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 25, 2014, 12:25:21 pm »

It seems kind of silly to be unable to use something after investing the resources required for farming it; especially since we can't control what summoned caravans bring after killing everyone. So what if instead of log production, warlocks used tree-farming for use in the plant-shredder? Sort of like how orcs only burn farmed saplings, it could at least be a possible opportunity.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #954 on: January 25, 2014, 12:35:52 pm »

Yeah, I should probably add something that uses up seeds.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 25, 2014, 12:39:25 pm »

I've finally found a solution to the room value problem:
Step 1: Have wood on the map
Step 2: Have someone cut down 10 trees
Step 3: Build a crematorium and a screw press
Step 4: Turn 10 wood into 30 coke
Step 5: Press coke into diamonds
Step 6: ???
Step 7: Profit!!!!
EDIT:
(Step 8: Optional) repeat steps 1-7 5 times and use the resulting gems to boost a skeleton to legendary engraver skill

you should keep watch on your value, you wouldn't want to trigger sieges too early

On the other hand, if I get that legendary engraver, I can start actually doing things with nobles and have warlocks above "very unhappy". Besides, after looking at what my bone armed and armored ghouls do to wildlife, early ambushes shouldn't be a problem, unless they're ninja drow. If they are, I'm going to lock the door to my tower and have my warlocks shoot slade at them from the top. Also, since my Keeper of Knowledge keeps mandating cages, I could put some cage traps up to deter early game ambushes and take them down once my military is good enough.

the artificial gems are in the Ebonforge, which also makes the new glasses. I think 15 gems is fine for a legendary worker.

Ah, thats neat. I think I'll start using that once I've cleared the map of trees for my coke into diamonds thing. It'll also give me something to do with junk stone: Turn it into sand at the millstone. Then turn that into glass. Then grind ores. More gems. Gems are definately the big bottleneck for warlocks. You need them for high quality ANYTHING, ground gems for sigils and large gems for pylons.
Yeah, I should probably add something that uses up seeds.
Why? Just farm them at a farmplot. Then shred them at the plant shredder. Tada
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #956 on: January 25, 2014, 12:58:27 pm »

plant shredder cant shred them yet, but I will add that. :)

Gems, Souls and Skins should be the bottleneck for Warlocks. ;) Spells and Books barely require gems btw

HorrorToaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 25, 2014, 01:00:28 pm »

Hey Meph having a lot of fun with Warlocks. Just wanted to post about something strange a caravan brought to my fort. I lured an Orc caravan and amongst the loot was a barrel of electricity.

Shadow9657

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 25, 2014, 01:19:08 pm »

How do you sell your captured prisoners to the hoard master? Do they have to be caged first?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #959 on: January 25, 2014, 01:24:08 pm »

I havent added that yet. I am not sure if its possible anymore. I first wanted to do prisoners as tools, but then I made them actual creatures. I should probably delete that reaction. Prisoners can give souls anyway, by simply butchering them.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 110