Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174602 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 21 - Beta V0.5 - Torture Chamber and Prisoners
« Reply #825 on: January 22, 2014, 03:35:07 pm »

Its possible, but they use the one instrument tile. Which is... a guitar. ^^ But I am thinking of changing the Golem tile to a Gargoyle, to make Gargoyle statues. (and as a basis for a spawnable Gargyole creature)

You have dead roots, trees, totems, skeleton/monster statues...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 22 - Beta V0.5 - Herbalist
« Reply #826 on: January 22, 2014, 03:42:45 pm »

Dev Log - Day 22

Today I finally finished that Herbalist. You can now use cavern plants for items (same thing as dwarf mode), grow your own evil or poisonous plants. You can make papyrus to write books on. And you can make 3 new AoE acids for your acid disperser trap comps.

Spawnunit got an upgrade, and spawned creatures now have their natural skills. Its pretty awesome, thanks Warmist. It also allows spawned skeletons to make masterwork bone items quickly. They are now legendary bonecarvers be default. And once they made a masterwork item, they can join the military. :)

Skeletons that arrive as migrants should also be controlled for 2 weeks by default. (to stop them standing on the map edge)

I added more to the manual, in the industries section, the credits and the tips/tricks section.

1. Embark on Necromancer Towers or Tombs

By using the included 'embark everywhere' tool in the Gui, you can embark together with an army of friendly undeads. Before you do your embark selection, while looking at the map, open the Gui, go to the ControlBar on the top and press on 'Embark'. You can now embark on the tomb or tower.

2. Rob caravans

Be sure to invite caravans through your Emissary. Lure them to your dungeon and have the undead rip them up. Worst case scenario is trading, best case scenario is free stuff, including undead caravan guards.

3. Masterwork Bone Items

Skeletons are natural bone carvers and their masterwork bone arrows pack a mean punch. Since skeletons have no emotions, they dont care if these masterwork arrows are destroyed. Their masterwork bone armors are also not bad.

4. Souls vs Phylacteries

While Phylacteries are usually preferable, it makes a lot of sense to use souls for reactions. This takes less work steps, since you save the hourglass and the storing of the soul. But for buildmats you should use Phylacteries.

5. Fires & Magma

Skeletons are fireproof. Send them to light braziers or candelabras. Or put them into squads with fire mages. They also make good miners that breach volcanos.

I made a few more tests with scripts. I wont say anything yet, because I dont know what will work, and what dont.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:46:05 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 22 - Beta V0.5 - Herbalist and legendary Bonecarvers
« Reply #827 on: January 22, 2014, 03:58:00 pm »

Mmm... acid sprayer... typo of papyrus, by the way.
What does an acid sprayer look like?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #828 on: January 22, 2014, 04:02:04 pm »

Its an item from the chemist. A trap part that shoots acid flasks. They have an AoE effect.

Fixed the typo. :)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 22, 2014, 04:03:48 pm »

since you save the hourglass
Why would you want to save the hourglass, though? You're not really gonna do anything else with it and you're not gonna trade it either because warlocks prefer to kill the merchants instead.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #830 on: January 22, 2014, 04:08:40 pm »

If you use a soul to do something its:
 - Workstep 1: Use soul in job.

If you use a phylactery its more like this:
 - Workstep 1: Mine a boulder
 - Workstep 2: Haul boulder to craftsman
 - Workstep 3: Make hourglass
 - Workstep 4: Make Phylactery from hourglass and soul.
 - Workstep 5: Use phylactery in job.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 22, 2014, 04:11:28 pm »

I usually have a ton of spare rock laying around and I prepare hourglasses even when I don't have any souls. Plus, the phylactery reaction is automatic, so there's that too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #832 on: January 22, 2014, 04:12:36 pm »

That doesnt change the fact that its not efficient.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 22, 2014, 04:16:49 pm »

It's efficient for people who often completely forget about souls before they wither away, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #834 on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:51 pm »

True. Its either extra worksteps, or just-in-time production.

EDIT: I checked my list. Wow, only 3 building to go:
Square of Sator
Fleshsmith
Spiderpit

Thats it. The rest is refining existing features.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:20:56 pm by Meph »

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 21 - Beta V0.5 - Torture Chamber and Prisoners
« Reply #835 on: January 22, 2014, 04:25:43 pm »

I am currently testing it with linux. A issue I came across is, that a few files in "Dwarf Fortress/raw/graphics" end with capital ".PNG". This is not an issue on Windows, but for linux ".png" is not ".PNG". simply renaming them fixes this.

All this is linux, so bug reports may also be caused by my installation:

Embark 1:
on a tomb (seems elven)
2 Ghouls
2 Skeletons
1 Warlock
2 Witches

Right after embark the warlock went off to clean something.
The Ghouls died on the 10th granite(bled to death) no combat log.
The witches/warlocks are friends to each other, same for the skeletons. Ever other relationship is "Grudge"
-> unhappy warlock
-> next embark

Embark 2:
on a tower
1 Witch
1 Warlock
3 Skeletons
1 Ghoul
1 Vampire (female)

Pre-Embark:
some Profession names for the Vampire are broken. "Not Axe" "Not Scourge" "Not Hammer" "Not Spear"
For others they are "Not Axeman" "Not Swordsman" "Not Hammerman" "Not Spearman", even for witches. The "scourge/sword" might be wrong everywhere.

The friendships look similar to the first embark. Witches/Warlock/Vampire are friends with each other and (new!)Long-Term Acquaintance with the Ghoul. Rest is Grudge.

Right after embark the resident dead killed my warlock. I could not figure out why. some clues:
- some dead caravan guards were there shouting their Battlecries
- the Necromancer was caught in a burst of "call down the doom"
-> next embark

Embark 3:
2 Skeletons
1 Warlock
4 Ghouls

I figured out the Friendship thing: Each group (wrlocks/witches/vampires/(possibly also werebeasts), skeletons, ghouls) is friends with each other group member. All other relationships are "Grudge" except ghouls and Warlocks etc. This is weird

Right after embark there was some sort of explosion. Some units were hit by "boiling fisher berry wine" ,"boiling blood" and "rotten meat".

Two of the Ghouls are very unhappy, with no thoughts to explain it. They are not even injured (onyl one ghoul is injured, but he is quite content)

I guess these are mostly self made (broken installation) Problems, but I thought i should report them anyway.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 22, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »

Huh.  I assumed phylacteries were permanent vessels.  But i suppose that would require more steps, with one item for full and one for empty phylacteries.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #837 on: January 22, 2014, 05:17:47 pm »

Ah, you mean "phylactery with soul" and "empty phylactery" ? Thats hard to make, because the reactions accept souls and phylacteries. I would have to make 2 reactions, if I want to make specific products like empty items.

somebears: I will rename the PNG ones.

Right after embark the resident dead killed my warlock. I could not figure out why. some clues:
- some dead caravan guards were there shouting their Battlecries
- the Necromancer was caught in a burst of "call down the doom"
-> next embark
What caravans?

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 22, 2014, 05:25:46 pm »

In the manual if you click the Warlock link and go down to ghouls, in the first paragraph, it still mentions them learning fishing and hunting.

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 22, 2014, 05:33:04 pm »

What caravans?
Some dead Caravan guards in the tower. They were there from the start.

I made a new embark, no weird boiling blood atm, but at the start there was a explosion of Rotten Meat flying in all directions. Now there are random explosions of Rotten Meat. They seem to be originating from a Ghoul and only go in one direction.

A very interesting thing was, that the skeletons were Opposed to Life at embark. after a few ticks the warlock took control over them. That might be why there was fighting before and could possibly explain all the hate for skeletons

[EDIT:] do you use a modified version of dfhack? I used v4 on my end
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:35:55 pm by somebears »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 110