Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174587 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 22 - Beta V0.5 - Herbalist and legendary Bonecarvers
« Reply #855 on: January 22, 2014, 09:00:17 pm »

If you build two red portals, the newest will be active. The older one wont ever work again. So you probably get confused quite soon, once you build too many of them.

In short: Its always the newest portal that works.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 22, 2014, 09:04:46 pm »

So has anyone else been kinda, running into issues with minions and ghouls attacking uncontrolled skeletons? It's lead to a few... Mishaps, that had to be contained via slayracing the offending ghoul and minions...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #857 on: January 22, 2014, 09:09:32 pm »

I only had those just at embark. The rest of the time it was fine, no casualties.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 22, 2014, 09:14:28 pm »

I dunno what caused it to be honest. I know part of the problem was the minion summoning thing taking priority over reigning in the skeletons which lead to the minions attacking the skeletons but something also made them attack a ghoul child (who proceeded to kill several minions before getting slayraced because it was clear this was going into cascade town, as the little rotting brat was actually actively assaulting them now.) The minion that started picking on skeletons constantly also got hit by divine wrath, and the place was leveled by humans at the end of the first summer due to a lack of weapons or armor since I embarked on a glacier for the hell of it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #859 on: January 22, 2014, 09:32:16 pm »

Crap. That doesnt sound good. I have no idea why they attack opposed to life members. That can only happen right at the start, or right when the units spawn in a migrant wave. I have to delay that opposed to life somehow.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 22, 2014, 09:34:39 pm »

Convert to Evil interaction?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #861 on: January 22, 2014, 09:36:48 pm »

No. The problem is that they must reapply it constantly, while being not controled by warlocks/pylons. I have no idea how to do that. I just gave them the opposed to life tag naturally. Its just this silly behaviour that creatures dont use interactions as soon as possible, but whenever they want. IndigoFenix had some problems with that as well. -.-

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 22, 2014, 09:38:34 pm »

Hmmm... With time, DFHack could probably fix the interaction problem, if it doesn't have a Force Interaction command of some sort already.

wrightly678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 21 - Beta V0.5 - Torture Chamber and Prisoners
« Reply #863 on: January 22, 2014, 09:47:29 pm »

fricy: Yes. Thats the idea. You dont want slade-throwing warlocks with near-golem grade skeletons attacking you? (or do you? ^^)
Yes! I mean I realize that the playable warlock civ needs to go extinct it seems like such a shame for warlocks to only affect themselves is there any way that sieges from warlocks against dwarves/orc/kobolds could happen without making it so more warlock migrate  to your tower?

I realize the seiges couldn't be TOO FUN! but couldn't they be set up so they only attack late game, against competent , battle hardened Forts?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #864 on: January 22, 2014, 09:55:45 pm »

I made Minions spawn with a 450-600 tick delay. That should give the skeletons some times to become tame.

Dfhack has no force interaction script yet.

Playable warlocks could come with the advice: For maximum gameplay, set pop-limit to 10 (or something similar). That would mean no migrants after the first two waves, but would allow normal warlock enemies for the other civs.

I made Skeletons level 20 DISCIPLIN. What is discipline? Its an unused skill without a profession. That means no graphics for it. And then I added a reaction to the Inscriptor: *Free Skeleton Masterwork Reacion* with the hint to use this to make them a squad member. It produces weaponracks that boil away after 1 second. They create a masterpiece after 1-3 tries, which takes only a few seconds. This way the gamebalance with the bone doesnt change, and the graphics doesnt change. (otherwise all skeletons would always look like bonecarvers). God, sometimes the game makes modding hard. ^^

wrightly678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 22, 2014, 10:07:52 pm »

God, sometimes the game makes modding hard. ^^

Honestly I'm amazed with the level of complexity and depth in mods of a game that has obfuscated code and no real modding API, I realized the [TAG] system is something but people do crazy things with it,
Also DFhack helps too right?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #866 on: January 22, 2014, 10:13:19 pm »

Dfhack makes crazy things possible. Interactions are also almost turing-complete, so you can do all kinds of crazyness with them, but the amount of interactions gets ridiculous very fast, once you want to do something nice with them. ^^

Honestly, making this undead civ was a very nice challenge. So much new stuff. I am glad that the fundraiser worked out and I could take a month for this. Its just 2 building left. Building stuff in the Fleshsmith and AoE spells for the Square of Sator. Thats it. Only refining and playtesting left after them. And adding a few things here and there to already existing workshops. 

111 permitted workshops.
1606 permitted reactions.

Not bad for 3 weeks. ^^

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 22, 2014, 10:41:26 pm »

Yeah Meph, I gotta say I am really impressed with what you've done with this.  Some of these tricks are really ingenious
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #868 on: January 22, 2014, 11:07:29 pm »

Dont forget the scripters behind it. Putnam, Warmist, Roses, IndigoFenix. They are all responsible for the dfhack magic I abuse. ;)

Here my todo list. Criticism and idea welcome. The more the merrier.

Things missing:
 - Square of Sator => AoE Spells that affect the map.
 - Fleshsmith => Special gear and flesh/bone constructs.
 - Prisoners => Turn them into Ghouls. Turn them into Thralls.
 - Werebeast Shapechange. (Putnam just finished that script, yeah :) )
 - Catapult Ammo => Some sort of Warpstone AoE Ammo.
 - More manual entries (?)
 - Prisoner Riot / Poltergeist. Some negative effect from Prisoners.
 - Pylon Rebalance. Maybe Line-of-Sight control only?
 - Use for Megabeast Souls
 - Use for fossils, treasures and relics.
 - Use for Tear, Blood and Bone of Armok Gems.
 - Magma-spawning of some kind.
 - A magma-only workshop/tech of some kind.
 - Burning / floating skull
 - A use for tar/pitch
 - A use for the curious ritual knives
 - Special magical gear from the Enchanter.
 - Ammo for the Magestaff / Wraithblade
 - Special effects for Magestaff / Wraithblde.
 - Aura-Shields (?)
 - Attribute-boosts from souls. Devour soul = get more strength/agility/endurance.
 - Temporary Uber-Soldier transformation, which ends with the user dying/going berserk.
 - Use some of the dwarven/orc/kobold magic as well.

Thats about it. If you like things from this list, let me know, and I give them a higher priority. If you dislike them, do tell me as well. If you have some good ideas about points you saw, let me know. ;)

I still have 5 days to add stuff before I concentrate on balancing and bugfixing.

Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Three Blind Mice running on a keyboard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 22, 2014, 11:31:04 pm »

possibly pitch/tar used as a component of speciality catapult ammo, sticky type of stuff, or mundane flaming exploding ammo?

also, in the manual under "Prisoners" there is a typo of 'Exuction Chamber'.

with the pylons, is having the range of both the skeleton control and pylon powering the same distance,but making the skeleton control LoS, while the pylon powering isn't Los a good idea? (just throwing random suggestions around)

Well done Meph, ,Putnam, Warmist,Roses and IndigoFenix. well done you all.
RegalDoom! The Little Warlock Who Could!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137494.0
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 110