Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174658 times)

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 18 - Beta V0.4 - Minions. And Super-High-Tier workshop
« Reply #705 on: January 19, 2014, 09:44:33 am »

...Yup. Sounds good to me.
I have runes for weapons and armor, but they dont add interactions. Only tags, like NOFEAR or NOSLEEP and such. I wanted to do a Thaumaturg for dwarves that makes magical items for ... a long time, but never got around doing it. But I will certainly add something like this for Warlocks. The spiked and skin-decorated armor works the same way.

Cool. Do like. I'm going to try and mainly focus on gauntlets, for 'active' powers for now.
Do you think I should start up a dev thread (to help keep me motivated) in general modding?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:47:17 am by Octobomb »
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #706 on: January 19, 2014, 10:42:30 am »

Do you think I should start up a dev thread (to help keep me motivated) in general modding?
Why do you ask me? I dont even know exactly what you are doing, and how much it will be. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 19, 2014, 11:21:20 am »

Why do you ask me? I dont even know exactly what you are doing, and how much it will be. :P
Sleep-addled me knows well enough to try and fetch advice before doing something dumb (in this case, asking was the dumb thing to do. Paradox anyone?). Well, I'll do a bit more work on it - namely trying to get the gloves to work in arena mode first - itemsyndrome acknowledges their presence but they won't use them. Grrr.
Sig

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #708 on: January 19, 2014, 11:28:30 am »

Test things like that in Fort mode. Arena has odd behavior sometimes, especially when it comes to scripts.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #709 on: January 19, 2014, 12:58:23 pm »

Could you make 'lite' versions of the skinned armor by having 'sapient scalp capes'? Not quite as effective as the armor, but still fearsome.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #710 on: January 19, 2014, 01:08:33 pm »

I already did a "race-skin runerobe", takes 10 skins, can be worn above armor or by civilians, reduces all damage by 50%. done in the fleshshmith. First reaction it has. :)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #711 on: January 19, 2014, 01:13:42 pm »

Swwwwweeeet.

Anyway, been thinking that the really terribly powerful spells with lots of friendly fire, I'm going to restrict to the 4 riders. More targetted spells can go into general use by all of my warlocks, but anything super 'splosiony is going to be reserved for those 4. Since that seems to be their duty. Go in alone, kill everything.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #712 on: January 19, 2014, 03:31:40 pm »

Dev Log - Day 19

I added the Overlord. You can transform ONE of your warlocks into your warlock leader. He gets different abilities. For example he can slap other warlocks, making them faster but causing pain, and he can summon minions once a year. Not absolutely finished, I have quite a bit to do on it still.

I added scalps and skin-bound books. Books now do not use leather, but only sapient-race skins. This means only invaders you butcher. The more you kill, the more materials you unlock for books and libraries.

The scalps/skins can also be used to decorate armors, which will give buffs against the race. I havent written the manual about it yet, that comes tomorrow. But you can decorate a breastplate with dwarf-skin, and all dwarves fighting against you get negative effects.

You can also decorate the armor with bone spikes, which gives an extra tackle attack that causes bleeding and pain.

I added the animated weapons and armor to the Enchanter.

I added a new building, the Academy, a trainings building for Warlocks. :)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 19 - Beta V0.4 - Enchanter, Scalps and Academy.
« Reply #713 on: January 19, 2014, 03:38:59 pm »

Dev Log - Day 19

I added the Overlord. You can transform ONE of your warlocks into your warlock leader. He gets different abilities. For example he can slap other warlocks, making them faster but causing pain, and he can summon minions once a year.

This is beautiful.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #714 on: January 19, 2014, 03:44:47 pm »

Dev Log - Day 19

I added the Overlord. You can transform ONE of your warlocks into your warlock leader. He gets different abilities. For example he can slap other warlocks, making them faster but causing pain, and he can summon minions once a year.

This is beautiful.
Its heavily Dungeon Keeper inspired. I got a textfile with all the quotes from the first game. I plan to build them in, as announcements. Mostly for the rainding system. :)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #715 on: January 19, 2014, 03:45:42 pm »

It's a pity we have so few military squads. I'd fucking adore setting up groups devoted to each specific kind of race. The Beard Cutters, the Ear Takers, the Man Slayers, etc.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 19, 2014, 05:09:38 pm »

I advocate you name one of the studying reactions after DnD. It's too good an opportunity to miss.
Sig

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #717 on: January 19, 2014, 05:16:13 pm »

I just had this vision of Warlocks as DF forum members... discussing horrendous tortures, horrible infections, new magics to fuck with dwarves and humans... all in the name of !!SCIENCE!!

But they'd never insult your mother. Perfectly gentlemanly and polite for the most part.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #718 on: January 19, 2014, 05:20:17 pm »

I advocate you name one of the studying reactions after DnD. It's too good an opportunity to miss.
I never played DnD. I wouldnt know how.

They are all called "Study Skill-name with Pen&Paper" (because you need ink and paper to study, so pen&paper can also mean that. For people that dont know what a pen & paper rpg is)

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 19, 2014, 05:30:03 pm »

I never played DnD. I wouldnt know how.

They are all called "Study Skill-name with Pen&Paper" (because you need ink and paper to study, so pen&paper can also mean that. For people that dont know what a pen & paper rpg is)
I've never played Dungeons and Dragons either, but just add another reaction titled 'Play Dungeons and Dragons'. I was intentionally playing off of the dual meaning. Or if you like, play 'Play modern setting tabletop game'. I'm sure a lot of people would crack a smile.
I just had this vision of Warlocks as DF forum members... discussing horrendous tortures, horrible infections, new magics to fuck with dwarves and humans... all in the name of !!SCIENCE!!

But they'd never insult your mother. Perfectly gentlemanly and polite for the most part.
DF: The only game where all the forum members are lizard men, mantis, pathos, pawns of Xantalos, dolphins and now warlocks. At the same time.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110