Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174689 times)

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 17 - Beta V0.3 - Inscribe them skills, y'all.
« Reply #645 on: January 17, 2014, 06:52:05 pm »

Shortcut reactions: Certainly possible, but it would add to the already long list of reactions. It would mean a lot of scrolling in the workshop menu.

Artifical gems are planned. made from glass and metal dust.

pylon-picks: Lol, yeah, just from a modding perspective that can be done. But like I said: before I balance pylon stuff, I want to see how people play with it in the first place.

Hmm, I suppose as long as the 1+1=1 reactions at the top it wouldn't really hurt (apart from visual clutter) would it? The only people needing to scroll would be the ones using the shortcuts. I'd hoped they could be nested or something though.

Must have missed the mention of artificial gems, oops and yay.

Will look forward to how things pan out, I'm really liking this race so far.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 16 - Beta V0.3 - You must construct additional pylons!
« Reply #646 on: January 17, 2014, 08:02:29 pm »

already partial skeleton?
Yep. There is a good chance that this is the case. ^^
Can it be fix? Cause the 3 month cooldown will make it imposible to do it many time
Or some warning to player like,  your warlock have been found dead, do something before his soul depart to underworld!
Or at least write in the manual that you have to do it before his body rot.

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 17, 2014, 08:28:32 pm »

As for the herbalist, any thought to 'performance' enhancing syndromes (warlocks need their coffee too) or nasty landmine type 'traps' made from fungi/mosses that can burst and hit an entire area with crazed/confused statuses.

Kind of figure anything herbalist for a warlock would be dessicated/rot or embalming related.  That is at least the general theme I am sensing here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #648 on: January 17, 2014, 08:34:57 pm »

Nuttycompa: No science has been done on this. No ones knows exactly. All I know is that the corpse needs an UPPER_BODY token and that it must meet FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION. Thats it. I guess it can be that the corpse is too rotten. Or something else happened. I dont know.

Denisac: Yes, I wanted to go that direction. Catapult ammo mostly. We already have this trap-part thing with the acid from the chemist.

I wouldnt know what to do with embalming, DF is very limited when it comes to things you can do with corpses that are items.

Skills: I will come up with something. currently I tend towards making it 3 times more expensive, but adding 3 skills each reaction. Thats already 3 times less micromanagement. 5 reactions till a skeleton reaches legendary. That should be enough.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 17, 2014, 08:48:27 pm »

Just had another thought, a lot of the classic voodoo stuff would fit in with the darker side of herbalism. 

Would say poisons also, but I think you probably already covered that sort of thing elsewhere.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #650 on: January 17, 2014, 09:01:48 pm »

Voodoo is a bit tricky, because it does zombies. Thats not so special under all these undead shenanigans we already have. But if you got good ideas, I am all ears. A voodoo AoE attack that turns attackers into opposed to life creatures is what comes to mind.

Chuck catapult ammo like this into a siege, look at voodooified soldiers fighting normal soldiers.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #651 on: January 17, 2014, 09:51:30 pm »

Use a soul and a totem to make a floating skull at a voodoo workshop?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 17, 2014, 10:04:15 pm »

Use a soul and a totem to make a floating skull at a voodoo workshop?

What would such a construct do in your mind?  Floating skulls are cool and all, but throw some ideas in there on what it'd do.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #653 on: January 17, 2014, 10:06:59 pm »

I was honestly thinking either a slightly tougher version of the soul wisp. One not meant to self destruct (unlike the pain elemental).

Alternatively, flys up to somebody, latches onto their head like a perverse helmet, possesses them and turns them into a thrall or something.

Other option is totems being converted into ammo. Skull hurling catapults is a staple of evil armies.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 17, 2014, 10:26:14 pm »

There's also a need to figure out what to do with relics and other archeology items.  Could they maybe be used as secondary reaction components for otherwise expensive things? 

Am thinking along the lines of the classic evil wizard and their long lost artifact of power.

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 18, 2014, 08:37:43 am »

Expanding on the soul + skull/totem idea:

An immobile entity that cast/interacts a debuff on the skulls/totem material race invaders.

Example - goblins ambush encounters a line of goblin skull totems get a debuff of some sort.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #656 on: January 18, 2014, 08:44:59 am »

An immobile entity that cast/interacts a debuff on the skulls/totem material race invaders.

Example - goblins ambush encounters a line of goblin skull totems get a debuff of some sort.
That would work. I dont have race specific skulls, but I do have race specific scalps and souls. :)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 18, 2014, 08:47:49 am »

So, day 18 will be just a whole bunch of floating inanimate things?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 18, 2014, 08:50:05 am »

That would work. I dont have race specific skulls, but I do have race specific scalps and souls. :)

Well, soul, scalp, skull... irrelevant! I just want an awesome tower/fortress with an approach littered with totems made from my enemies! And some sort of debuff/effect would fit with the twisted warlock/voodoo style.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #659 on: January 18, 2014, 08:55:07 am »

Only problem: The attackers would destroy these totems on sight. Because the totems would count as creatures. I could make them workshops, but then you would have to run one reaction in them once every time invaders show up, like "intimidate goblin invaders with the totem".

Or I make them items, that can be worn by the military, and they add an AoE effect around the creature. That would actually make most sense. "Breatplate decorated with goblin skulls => gives nerfs to all goblins near the creature that wears that breastplate". :)

And I just had some good ideas for my epic uber spell workshop. :) More on that later.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 110