Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 174680 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 17 - Beta V0.3 - Inscribe them skills, y'all.
« Reply #660 on: January 18, 2014, 08:55:39 am »

So, day 18 will be just a whole bunch of floating inanimate things?
No, I dont think I will spend all day on these. Most of them are done already.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 18, 2014, 08:56:27 am »

Only problem: The attackers would destroy these totems on sight. Because the totems would count as creatures. I could make them workshops, but then you would have to run one reaction in them once every time invaders show up, like "intimidate goblin invaders with the totem".

Or I make them items, that can be worn by the military, and they add an AoE effect around the creature. That would actually make most sense. "Breatplate decorated with goblin skulls => gives nerfs to all goblins near the creature that wears that breastplate". :)

And I just had some good ideas for my epic uber spell workshop. :) More on that later.

Debuffing skull decorated armor? Even better! Meph you are awesome!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 18, 2014, 02:11:44 pm »

Only problem: The attackers would destroy these totems on sight. Because the totems would count as creatures. I could make them workshops, but then you would have to run one reaction in them once every time invaders show up, like "intimidate goblin invaders with the totem".

Or I make them items, that can be worn by the military, and they add an AoE effect around the creature. That would actually make most sense. "Breatplate decorated with goblin skulls => gives nerfs to all goblins near the creature that wears that breastplate". :)

And I just had some good ideas for my epic uber spell workshop. :) More on that later.

Debuffing skull decorated armor? Even better! Meph you are awesome!

Heh, I like that. Maybe allow you to improve weapons and armor by decorating them with a given type of bone as well, for various effects?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #663 on: January 18, 2014, 02:20:26 pm »

Morrigi: Where is your avatar from?

given type of bone
There is only one type of bone in the mod. So I cant really do that.

Debuffing skull decorated armor? Even better!
I will have a look at it tomorrow. :) But it should be no big problem. I just need to check orc mode and the correct syntax for scalps.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #664 on: January 18, 2014, 02:38:08 pm »

Sounds cool!

Also, just realized something. Once the ability in the next vanilla update happens for civilizations to keep active even when they're off screen. How are plagues and such going to effect that?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #665 on: January 18, 2014, 02:45:55 pm »

They dont, since units in worldgen dont use interactions. Except if Toady changes that, but even then it wont do much.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #666 on: January 18, 2014, 03:36:56 pm »

Dev Log - Day 18

I added minions today. :) Each warlock now summons 4 of them automatically at embark.

Three new spells: Bloodspike, Bloodhail and Web. For the libraries.

I finished the Grand Convocation, your highest high tier building. Let me know what you think, description is below.

I finished writing the "Getting Started" section of the manual.

I wrote the animated weapon creatures for warlocks, but havent quite finished the reactions/costs etc yet. Since its 21 (7 weapons X 3 materials) I am almost inclined to give them their own workshop. Arcane Forge or something like that.

I fixed Bloodbeasts, which were crashing the game. >:(

Ebonforge can now create artifical gems from ruby glass, cobalt glass, ashland glass or ebony glass.
shredders can now grind adamantine and slade. Slade is currently used in the Abyss, Adamantine not used so far.

I finished the Abyss. Late game demon summoning. :) Costs souls, obviously. ;)

Still havent gotten around to the Herbalist. ^^ But got more suggestions today, so expect to see bone/skull/scalp decorated armor floating around in the next update. Hopefully. Its certainly on the list. ;)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 18 - Beta V0.3 - Minions. And Super-High-Tier workshop
« Reply #667 on: January 18, 2014, 03:48:14 pm »

All those upgrades in the grand convocation sound so sweet. Especially the over-pylon.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 18 - Beta V0.3 - Minions. And Super-High-Tier workshop
« Reply #668 on: January 18, 2014, 03:53:13 pm »

Download: Beta V.0.4 - Pylons and lots more stuff.

And here is the next test version. :)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 18 - Beta V0.4 - Minions. And Super-High-Tier workshop
« Reply #669 on: January 18, 2014, 04:16:01 pm »

Could you make a cape or robe of scalps? That seems like something warlocks (and orcs) would do?

Also how do the banners and such work? Are they just reactions? Or actual items? If they're destroyed or taken off the map will the abilities they grant disappear? (I'm guessing no given what you've said earlier)
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #670 on: January 18, 2014, 04:46:18 pm »

They are creatures. If they die, you will still have the abilities, but not on new creatures. I transform warlocks into these banners. The reason is twofold: 1. I can give them graphics, which is nice. 2. You can look at them and see which ones you already got. 3. They take away the warlock corpse. If I just kill the warlock, you can revive him.

But if you have 10 skeletons, build the skeleton banner, these 10 will be in control forever. Even if the banner dies. If you build 10 more skeletons while the banner is alive, the 20 skeletons will be in control forever. But if the banner dies, and you build 10 new skeletons then, these new skeletons wont have the bonus.

In short: The banners affect all creatures on the map, forever. If the banner dies, new creatures dont have it.

Robe of scalps: Yeah, possible. I might even completely change the reagents for the better books. "This is a human-skin bound book" sounds about right. I just use the scalps as reagents for the higher tier books. should be possible.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 18, 2014, 04:52:35 pm »

I saw Hostlistic Spawn and immediate began flashbacking to Syrupleaf. :<

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #672 on: January 18, 2014, 05:02:13 pm »

Hostlistic Spawn
Ups, wrote that wrong in the manual. Holistic Detective it is. ^^ Good book btw.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 18, 2014, 05:03:30 pm »

..Just how many books have you read, Meph?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #674 on: January 18, 2014, 05:11:36 pm »

I honestly dont know. First year of traveling I counted, it was 103. Up to that point, the first 19 years of my life... something around 500 ?

Since I have gotten a ebookreader it has gone up. 3-7 per week... I adore books. And I dont have a job. (and no TV) ;) Its mostly fiction though, its more of an entertainment for me, like other people watch TV. I am currently reading the Shadowrun books, I got 1-50 on my kindle. :)

(actually, now that I think of it: The last weeks I havent read any. Since christmas. Damn. Too much website and modding)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:13:39 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 110