Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: StarLords3K - An on-line strategic 4X space game  (Read 37619 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: StarLords3K - An on-line strategic 4X space game
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2014, 09:16:57 am »

If you were looking for more players/testers, there's a 4x subreddit.  This thread would probably be the perfect place to plug it (not sure how much you want people to spread it, though.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2014, 09:21:04 am »

Well, I've joined the game and started playing for a bit. If you ever see a nation ruled by Lord Pokey, well... I heard that things are great in New Pork City.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2014, 01:27:19 pm »

I know the Admin is trying to prevent people from teaming up OOC. I haven't told anyone my empire name so relationships can develop naturally.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2014, 01:28:33 pm »

I know the Admin is trying to prevent people from teaming up OOC. I haven't told anyone my empire name so relationships can develop naturally.

Oh. Okay then.

mahks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLords3K
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2014, 09:25:02 pm »

We could use some new blood in game, if anyone would like to help test.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2014, 05:57:30 am »

I would, but I don't make a good tester (too unreliable). I might take a look further on down the track however.

mahks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLords3K
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2015, 03:12:12 am »

Update :

2 new options now available :
- Design your own ships
- Negotiate treaties with Independent stars (NPCs)

Now working in Chrome, just some minor issues with canvas.

Graphics marginally improved, I updated the images in post # 1

Tutorial re-done, got rid of the videos, now text pop-up based. Could use some new blood to test the tutorial...

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2015, 04:31:55 am »

I'm enjoying it. at first glance it looked a little like just another farm-vile type game but it's totally not, it's not anywhere near that dumbed down. 
Getting started is a little slow with the 10hr post jump cooldown, but as the game progresses and you territory grows there's plenty to check up on.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2015, 01:25:02 pm »

ptw
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2015, 05:08:03 pm »

This seems interesting. How many are playing? Is there an active community?

mahks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLords3K
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2015, 06:17:55 pm »

Is there an active community?

The game has just gone though a major overhall, during which most of the regular players have "been on leave"

Last several months we have been testing to find the bugs created during the update. That phase is complete (very few bugs poping up now, mostly in Chrome) Have a few Chrome users now  helping ferret out the last of those.

Currently I am on a recruitment drive to get some new blood trained up for beginning the next episode of the game. Once we have a few more, Ill call back the regulars.

The game is fairly deep (some would say complex) and I would like to get some new players over the learning curve before the "real" game begins so they will be on a more even footing with the vets. The game does allow for completely green players to participate, I just want to begin it with enough experienced players to drive the diplomatic aspects of the game.

Please give it a try, It will not appeal to all due to its complexity, but if you are a member of that niche group of strategy gamers this game is designed for,  you will be happy you did.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2015, 06:21:44 pm »

Its  not as complex as DF or Aurora,  so the learning curve is maybe steep,  but short,  especialy with the tutorial pomting out the basics as you play, and the fairly detailed manual which is just a button away ingame.

mahks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLords3K
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2015, 01:34:54 am »

We had some new people try it this week (many from this site) If we can get as many next week  we should be able to start a regular game (after everyone is trained up)

mahks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • StarLords3K
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2015, 10:46:34 pm »

No Chrome related bugs reported for about a week now, So maybe I can say "Now 100% Chrome compatible"

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2015, 02:55:53 am »

How many Bay12-ers are still playing this?

I'm desperately trying to catch up to two of the three other players in my little corner of space, one of which is large enough to have me a bit worried as he's got a large number of indi stars under his control.
I'm trying to play a slightly longer game and using trade treaties to butter them up before trying to assimilate them. it's expensive though, but from what I understand about how that works, it's going to be cheaper than trying to have them in my territory then assimilate them .
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13