Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60

Author Topic: The First Magic Girls: A New Day Dawns  (Read 66258 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Magic Girls: Maho Ga Umareru
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 06:36:17 am »

This is interesting, self-immolation. I wonder how this is suppose to work? A growl remind me. I was getting food. I'll work out what happened with a full belly.

Back on track to the shops
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 09:20:40 am »

"Oh dear. I should go wake up Ma and Pa."
Keith grabs a sandwich and then runs back to his room to alert his parents of what just happened.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 11:38:12 am »

"Shit."

Gently feel for any broken bones. Get help ASAP. Call an ambulance if I have a (working) cellphone.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 11:48:55 am »

There was too much noise. The cacophony of sound coming from every direction overwhelmed her, she attempted to move her hands to block her ears but cried out in pain as she tried to move her broken arm. She slumped down the wall until she was sitting on the ground, wishing that the world would just be silent. Eventually doing her best to shut out the noise and the pain she staggered to her feet.

Then she started to force herself towards the nearest hospital
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 11:55:22 am »

Tirus looked down and stared blankly at the ground.

"Orenji..."
Bury Orenji. Go back to my grandmother and see what she thought about the meteors.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:00:00 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 01:12:45 pm »

"M-mommy and daddy okay... w-wight?" Minu looks kind scared. Would her foster family be nice?
((...The image Scapheap posted has become true!))
((I suppose.))
"Don't worry, Mimu."

((Not surprised. Find a good one? :P Aw no roll for me yettt))
Go get a drink of water before sitting on the sofa I hopefully have in the place.
Okay, that's not a normal thing to have happen to someone.
Thinking the most obvious thought you have thought in your life, you lay back on the sofa, still blissfully unaware of anything odd happening.

'what
what is this.
right
contain damage first
panic later.'

Those panic fueled thoughts out of the way, Hikaru tries to limit the damages caused by the impromptu fireshow.
Make sure ALL the fires are out.
[3] You manage to put out the fires after a good bit of work. There is no way you're going to hide the fact that they happened, though.

Pain.
Lots of pain.
I expected this, but I had at least expected it to end quickly.
This is very bad.
Why couldn't I just die?
Attempt to get up
[3][4] You try to struggle up, before realizing that you seem to have broken your back. You can kind of crawl, though.
Suddenly, your vision is obscured for a second with brown. When it clears, you are a bit different...your face, body shape, and such are a bit different. You also realize you can move again.

Minu also suddenly realizes that you go to a hospital when you get hurt! She tries to look at her injuries, and also looks around for her catsuit and uniform frantically!
Minu realizes that she isn't hurt. Weird...

Hurk... No, not on the bridge!
Willamina rushes to the edge of the bridge before emptying the contents of her stomach into the water below.
Ugh... What the hell was that? Some sort of meteor shower? Maybe the clumps, but I was definitely hit by light, not a ro- Hurgh!
Willamini's reverie is interrupted as she vomits again.
Radiation maybe? If that's the case, this might be serious. I'll head back to the hotel, and if it doesn't get any better by then, then I'll go and see a doctor.
Willamina heads back to the taxi, asking for a sickbag and a ride back to the hotel.
You feel sick, but thankfully manage to avoid actually vomiting...not that you really want to risk it.
[3] You call for a cab. After about fifteen minutes, one arrives. The driver sees that you are sick, and hands you a paper bag smelling faintly of ham and cheese. You begin heading back, wondering what was going on.
At least you saw the bridge.

Yukari winced, her eyes widening. clutching her wrist and looking at in in mixed horror and awe.

"So I have wind powers...oh god."

She falls back down onto the sand, thinking for a moment, before taking out her phone. She needed to get to a hospital. She'd call Fuuka first; yes, he sister was probably wondering where she was right now. Crap.

Clinic, then house.
Head off to the nearest clinic to get my wrist checked at.

((Changed from calling a cab. Mild irritation, but understandable.))
[1] You don't know where a nearby clinic is. You airhead.

Claudia exhales slowly, her body deflating from the state of tension it defaulted to moments previously. She wasn't sure if she felt puzzled, worried, mystified, horrified - if she had to pick a word to describe herself right now, it would be 'blank' that fit best. This was something entirely beyond conventional human experience.

Check self. Am I injured or bleeding? If not, get up slowly and carefully.
You seem to be okay. You stand up, exhaling.

This is interesting, self-immolation. I wonder how this is suppose to work? A growl remind me. I was getting food. I'll work out what happened with a full belly.

Back on track to the shops
You head to the shop, ignoring the stares of numerous onlookers.

"Oh dear. I should go wake up Ma and Pa."
Keith grabs a sandwich and then runs back to his room to alert his parents of what just happened.
So he does. However, it seems they are quite aware. Turns out, a glowy thing from a meteor hitting the ship and making it start to sink gets everyone's attention.

"Shit."

Gently feel for any broken bones. Get help ASAP. Call an ambulance if I have a (working) cellphone.
Currently, you are made of metal. You're pretty sure you have some broken bones, though. It certainly feels like something's broken inside you.
You figure out how to turn normal, and determine that you definitely have broken bones.
[4+1] Pulling out your brand-new smartphone, you call an ambulance. They arrive, and take you to a hospital.

There was too much noise. The cacophony of sound coming from every direction overwhelmed her, she attempted to move her hands to block her ears but cried out in pain as she tried to move her broken arm. She slumped down the wall until she was sitting on the ground, wishing that the world would just be silent. Eventually doing her best to shut out the noise and the pain she staggered to her feet.

Then she started to force herself towards the nearest hospital
[1] Why is everyone rolling 1's on the "Get To a Hospital" check?
[6] You walk to a hospital. Unfortunately, this makes your injuries significantly worse.

Tirus looked down and stared blankly at the ground.

"Orenji..."
Bury Orenji. Go back to my grandmother and see what she thought about the meteors.
You silently bury your old friend, then return home.
((Let's just pretend this is all spoken the way Japanese people would actually talk, with their own aphorisms and such. This formally absolves you of needing to append -san, -chan, -kkun, or whatever to names, for instance.))
"Sent! Are you alright?"
"Yes, Grandma."
"Thank God! I'd heard about a meteor or something that exploded. They say three people were killed by one, a bunch of people got burnt or broken bones, and the strangest things are happening..."
"Do you have any idea what they could be?"
She shakes her head. "Something...strange. World-shattering. Different. I don't know."
That pretty much answers your question, you guess...

I think that's everyone. Convenient.

I'd include a Status Sheet thing, but I think you're all interested in an update. Next turn, I swear. (Which means it should be done by next week.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 01:16:43 pm »

Keith heads for the life boats with his family.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 01:24:48 pm »

Yukari decides to use her phone to call for a cab to a nearby clinic, if possible. She thinks this through.
>If I get to a clinic and get my wrist checked, then they'll be all worried, but-
Her line of thought is interrupted by a text message.

Where the hell are you? Mom's looking for you!
You've been gone for three hours, and you left your bag here

She sighs irritably, before doing some quick thinking.
"Be right there, just give me a couple of minutes."
Yukari sprouts the wing constructs she had found she had gained and flies to her mother's house, where she had been eating dinner earlier.

She'd explain it to her sister; her mother would never believe her. Yes, she needed to a ride to the nearest clinic as soon as possible, but first she needed to get home, if only to assuage her mother and sister.
Fly to my mother's house.

((I shall not burden you with characterization, GWG. Leave it to the Elf! :P
And no, character names weren't meant to be Persona references. Neither was the element. I decided to throw that in later.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 01:46:25 pm »

"..." Minu looks worried and slightly upset. Would she have to stay her long? When could she see her parents again? Who would her foster parents be? And could she still wear her cat costumes? The lack of injuries are of no concern to the four year old as she looks around for food, and any indication of what might have happened since she fell asleep suddenly. Last she remembered had been some pretty lights...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, 01:47:20 pm »

the stares of numerous onlookers.

(My clothes are not fireproof, are they?)

Check pants status.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 02:04:45 pm »

the stares of numerous onlookers.

(My clothes are not fireproof, are they?)

Check pants status.
You have pants. You would have thought they would have burnt when you were set on fire.

Hm, why would people be staring at you? Maybe because you just set yourself on fire and walked away unharmed?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2013, 02:16:01 pm »

Miyuki staggered towards the reception desk, the pain was almost unbearable now and the incessant noise was still raging through her head. She could barely think any more, simply focusing on reaching the receptionist. When she finally got there she spoke

"Please... I need a doctor"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 02:16:42 pm »

Let the hospital people do their stuff. I probably have a concussion from... whatever the hell that was.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 02:22:29 pm »

I scream.

God that hurt. And...

I'm...

Different? Am... am I changing awake too, now? Are my dreams breaking out of my head and into my perceptions?

"Never rains but it pours..."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 02:42:39 pm »

Tirus thinks back to what the creatures said. Maybe the meteor did something to her. Maybe she could help.

"Grandmother, do I have your permission to go find and help anyone who's been hurt by the meteors?"

Wait for answer. If yes, then go find other victims and see if I can use this supposed healing ability.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60