Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122283 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Snore [Day 4]
« Reply #765 on: February 01, 2014, 03:08:41 pm »

Why'd you vote Elephant Parade over NativeForeigner?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 01, 2014, 06:16:42 pm »

E is earlier in the alphabet than N

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 01, 2014, 06:19:25 pm »

What. No. That's a terrible reason. Seriously, you should have some reason for voting me over NF. Unless, of course, you're scum and don't actually have a reason to vote either of us.

Superblackcat: What are your reads? Do you think NF is scummy, or just busy?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 01, 2014, 06:29:16 pm »

You're kidding, right?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 02, 2014, 03:46:45 pm »

You're kidding, right?

Dude. That's not even flipping a coin random. That's not even trying. Seriously? A random vote, utterly random, at MyLo?

NativeForeigner - "I agree with Makeinu, Scientist is really suspicious!"  I don't think Makeinu is scum, but I find his suspicions of Scientist as completely paranoid since it's only possible if one of the four vanilla townies is hiding their role for no reason whatsoever.  I will not allow a Scientist lynch.  I'm guessing NF's other suspect he's concealing might be me, since outside parties might think that Scientist and I are both lying in the most cleverest ploy ever, but sadly, this is not possible.

Paranoid I might be, that I won't deny. However, I can think of a reason why a town power role might conceal himself still: if they exist, they know scientist is likely scum, or ToonyMan is, and by concealing that as a known, they stand a better chance of ferreting out the partner. If the scum-hunt turns solely on scientist, then the partner can stay hidden, and we have to start from scratch tomorrow.

Mind, I'm not saying that is what's happening, but it makes sense to me as a possibility, and it helps explain why scum didn't kill a known power role, a dangerous one or them, last night, instead apparently targeting the other.

As to what targeting you last night means, I don't know, but it veers wildly into WIFOM territory if I start considering what it means regarding EP. Like, I can't even comprehend what they may have been thinking.

So, all things considered, I won't rule out scientist as scum as a possibility. Sometimes numbers do lie, if you don't know all the variables.

If we assume scum wouldn't bus at this point, which is logical, and with no solid case in any event, we can make some guesses.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 02, 2014, 04:22:49 pm »

What. No. That's a terrible reason. Seriously, you should have some reason for voting me over NF. Unless, of course, you're scum and don't actually have a reason to vote either of us.

Superblackcat: What are your reads? Do you think NF is scummy, or just busy?
Also, if you're going to vote me over somebody else for no actual reason, you need to at least ask some questions. This isn't the time for random votes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 02, 2014, 04:26:32 pm »

@Makeinu:
Hmm, you make a good point.  NativeForeigner may want a Scientist lynch because he is in fact hiding his role.  And PufferFish/Scientist not making an action Night 1 is pretty suspect.

However, I'm not going to vote Scientist unless NF's explicitly states this.  That way, if we lynch Scientist and he actually is town Jailkeeper, NF is lying and I can shoot him.  But if we keep things implied I can't consider that enough to shoot.

@Superblackcat:
That's pretty silly, but I can see why'd you say that since if you believe what I'm saying it doesn't matter whether it's Elephant Parade or Nativeforeigner, they would be both scum to you.

Still, it's nice to give reasons.  However, a bit early you say this, which sort of implies that you think NativeForeigner is town, what are your thoughts now?  Also, Superblackcat for now.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 03, 2014, 12:26:51 am »

@Makeinu:
Hmm, you make a good point.  NativeForeigner may want a Scientist lynch because he is in fact hiding his role.  And PufferFish/Scientist not making an action Night 1 is pretty suspect.

However, I'm not going to vote Scientist unless NF's explicitly states this.  That way, if we lynch Scientist and he actually is town Jailkeeper, NF is lying and I can shoot him.  But if we keep things implied I can't consider that enough to shoot.

As much as I'd love to say that and have this in the bag, I'm not hiding a power role. Not gonna lie and say otherwise for a scientist lynch because that only hurts town if he's somehow the jailkeeper.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 03, 2014, 03:27:03 pm »

Yeah, that was more hopeful than anything else. After Tiruin's SK flip, I'm a little jumpy, I think, and overthinking things.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 03, 2014, 03:46:24 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: Superblackcat
Superblackcat: makeinu, Elephant Parade, ToonyMan
+!!scientist!!+:
makeinu:
ToonyMan:
NativeForeigner:

No Lynch:

Not Voting: +!!scientist!!+, NativeForeigner

Day 4 will last until Monday, 2/3 at 11 PM EST, about 7 1/4 hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 03, 2014, 04:41:48 pm »

I'm worried, the other mafia player isn't voting to save his buddy if SBC is mafia.  Can you reply to my previous post SBC?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 03, 2014, 04:52:16 pm »

I'm asking now if anyone would like my extension used to extend this day. I'll check again about an hour before day end. If no one speaks up, I'm letting the day end. Either way, I'll likely be coming back to vote SBC depending on how/if he responds.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 03, 2014, 08:11:13 pm »

I don't mind a SBC lynch.

If SBC flips mafia I am not shooting tonight.  Scientist, you can do whatever.  I would advice blocking somebody you think is scum though.

If SBC flips town I'm going to shoot Elephant Parade.  Scientist, you block NativeForeigner or Makeinu.  I say either or because if NF and Makeinu are the scum team then they'll kill with the player you aren't blocking.  Don't state who you are blocking.

If you see any problems with this plan you can speak up.  I'll also consider shooting NativeForeigner instead and have you choose between Elephant Parade or Makeinu if you want to.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 03, 2014, 08:32:03 pm »

Well, the plan makes sense. Obviously, I think that you should shoot NF, since if you don't it's a town loss (unless scientist blocks/protects correctly, of course). Then again, NF will say the same thing.

So really, it's up to you. I recommend that you take this time to ask us some questions, so that you are more likely to hit the correct target.

Also, NF, you need to use your extend.

Hopefully, SBC is scum and none of this matters.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 03, 2014, 08:38:33 pm »

Definitely Extend. We don't have a second chance at this, even with a Vig and a Jailkeeper.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57