Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122279 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Snore [Day 4]
« Reply #795 on: February 04, 2014, 10:29:10 pm »

I don't really expect you to be scum Makeinu, but if SBC really flips town then statistically you have a 66% chance of being scum and with Scientist blocking one of the other two it's almost a done-deal.  I would prefer that SBC is really mafia, but if that isn't the case I hope my aim is true...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Snore [Day 4]
« Reply #796 on: February 05, 2014, 12:20:47 am »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Superblackcat: makeinu, Elephant Parade, ToonyMan, NativeForeigner
+!!scientist!!+:
makeinu:
ToonyMan:
NativeForeigner:

No Lynch:

Not Voting: +!!scientist!!+, Superblackcat

The catted one is brought down
Said to be too much a clown
  He is tried and shot
  Quite a heck of a lot
Too bad that he's really town

Superblackcat has been lynched!  He was a Townie (Town)

Night 4 has begun!  Night 4 will last until Wednesday, 2/5 at 11 PM EST.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:44:04 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Lincoln Towncat [Night 4]
« Reply #797 on: February 05, 2014, 10:59:30 pm »

In the morning ToonyMan is found dead
A bullethole placed in his head
  His hand on his gun
  He's run out of fun
And gotten a faceful of lead

Makeinu is also deceased
His life force is now released
  His planning was fine
  And his schemes sublime
But now he is brought down to least

Toonyman has been killed!  He was a Vigilantie (Town).

Makeinu has been killed!  He was a Mafia JOAT (Mafia).

Day 5 has begun!  Day 5 will last until Monday 2/10 at 11 PM EST.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:01:54 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Lincoln Towncat [Night 4]
« Reply #798 on: February 05, 2014, 10:59:56 pm »

Bah... look at that beauty...

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Down to Three [Day 5]
« Reply #799 on: February 05, 2014, 11:08:58 pm »

scientist: Who did you block and why?

Looks like my second hunch was correct. Shame I didn't act on it yesterday.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 05, 2014, 11:35:34 pm »

NativeForeigner: Why are you scum? I suppose there's technically a possibility that it could be scientist, but I really don't think so. What do you think of the recent roleflips?

Spoiler: Wall of quotes (click to show/hide)
Your recent posts are all very short. I suspect that you were trying to appear busy without actually contributing a lot.

scientist: It's all up to you, I believe. I hope you make the right decision. Let's try to stay active until the day ends. The more we three question each other, the better your chances of lynching the correct person. What do you think of the recent roleflips?

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 05, 2014, 11:36:55 pm »

I actually jailed nobody, I didn't see what time night ended at, for some reason I thought there were a few days for thinking through stuff. I'm far too much like my predecessor. Why they aren't killing me, though, is beyond me. My best guess is that all my hunches up until this point have been hilariously wrong. I think SBC and toonyman are scum, they turn out to be town. I think Makeinu, TDS and Tiruin are town, and that goes about as well. If I am to follow this idea, then as I have clearly stated in the past that I thought NativeForeigner was scum, he must be town. Therefore, I'll have to ask:

Elephant Parade, what do you think of my reasoning?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 06, 2014, 12:02:25 am »

I actually jailed nobody, I didn't see what time night ended at, for some reason I thought there were a few days for thinking through stuff. I'm far too much like my predecessor. Why they aren't killing me, though, is beyond me. My best guess is that all my hunches up until this point have been hilariously wrong. I think SBC and toonyman are scum, they turn out to be town. I think Makeinu, TDS and Tiruin are town, and that goes about as well. If I am to follow this idea, then as I have clearly stated in the past that I thought NativeForeigner was scum, he must be town. Therefore, I'll have to ask:

Elephant Parade, what do you think of my reasoning?
Your reasoning involves a major logical fallacy; I forget exactly what the name of it is, but attempting to extrapolate from "perfect" statistics rarely ends well.  I suggest you go over the posts made by both me and NativeForeigner, and at the end of the day draw a conclusion from the content you find within.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 06, 2014, 12:21:37 am »

NativeForeigner: Why are you scum? I suppose there's technically a possibility that it could be scientist, but I really don't think so. What do you think of the recent roleflips?

That's such a hilariously scummy question to ask in LYLO. That, coupled with the fact that Toonyman generally has a good track record for scumhunting leads me to believe that you're our last scumbag. Also, makeinu was trying to egg me into voting for scientist here after I admitted some vague suspicious at his livelihood. So that makes me doubt scientist's scumhood.

Additionally, assuming Toonyman's analysis of the setup here was correct (and I strongly believe it was, as both his and makeinu's analysis of the situation lined up well and described the possible setups quite well), scientist can literally not be scum. Of the four listed in that post, one flipped mafia (makeinu) and the other flipped town (SBC). That leaves only myself and EP as possible scumfolk. I know for a fact I'm town, so that leaves you, Elephant Parade.

Of course, I could be making a mistake by not fully analyzing the situation myself to make sure makeinu and Toony didn't miss anything, but I'm confident in their work considering they matched well even though they were on opposing teams. In short, I'm 97% sure EP is the last of the scum.

As for the roleflips, makeinu was my "maybe, but probably not" suspect. He plays a good game, but for me he was hitting that uncanny valley feeling. I'm just glad Toonyman was true with his aim.

+!!scientist!!+: Read my above analysis on the analysis that was previously done and tell me what you think. As for your current reasoning, I think the vote itself is dead on, but I want you to be confident in your vote.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 06, 2014, 12:23:15 am »

Oh! Just noticed, makeinu flipped JOAT, which was stated as a necessity for Toonyman's analysis to be correct. So now I'm pretty much 100% sure on my vote.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 06, 2014, 12:51:48 am »

NativeForeigner: Just going to vote me? Not even going to ask me a question? Rather rude of you. Scummy, too. It's almost as if you don't want more information about me to come to light.

Anyway, yeah. From your viewpoint, I'm obviously scum. But from my viewpoint, you're obviously scum. On the other hand, scientist doesn't know which one of us is telling the truth. As a result, now is not the time to be lazy and say "WELL LOGICALLY YOU'RE SCUM" since we're both logically scum to each other, and scientist doesn't know who's telling the truth.

Also, why is it a hilariously scummy question to ask in LyLo? I said that you're scum (which you just did to me) and asked a basic question to get the discussion going.

Town asks questions, NF. Scum doesn't want to ask questions, since more information means a higher chance of a new scumslip being committed, or a past one being found after being seen in a new light.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 06, 2014, 01:00:40 am »

You asked "why are you scum?" which is a heavily loaded question. That's why it's hilariously scummy. I presented my case as asked scientist for his opinion on it. That's hardly being lazy and simply announcing you scum. I'm not asking you questions because I'm not particularly interested in what you have to say anymore. Granted, I'll answer your questions, but I don't need anymore information on you than I've already got. Scientist might have some questions, though, and he's more than welcome to ask either of us.

I provided an in-depth reasoning for my vote and asked for an analysis to get the discussion going. It's the same process, but mine is more thought out and well-executed than simply asking a loaded question and asking questions about the roleflips.

Go ahead and try to build a case against me, but don't act like I'm not promoting analysis here.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 06, 2014, 01:09:49 am »

You asked "why are you scum?" which is a heavily loaded question. That's why it's hilariously scummy. I presented my case as asked scientist for his opinion on it. That's hardly being lazy and simply announcing you scum. I'm not asking you questions because I'm not particularly interested in what you have to say anymore. Granted, I'll answer your questions, but I don't need anymore information on you than I've already got. Scientist might have some questions, though, and he's more than welcome to ask either of us.

I provided an in-depth reasoning for my vote and asked for an analysis to get the discussion going. It's the same process, but mine is more thought out and well-executed than simply asking a loaded question and asking questions about the roleflips.

Go ahead and try to build a case against me, but don't act like I'm not promoting analysis here.
Looking back on it, it kinda was. I was trying to say something more interesting than "YOU'RE SCUM" but I could see that being viewed as a loaded question, yeah. I can assure you that it wasn't actually meant to be a loaded question.

Also, even if it was, I'm not sure how it could be as loaded as a flat-out statement of the other person being scum.

We should be giving scientist more information by asking each other questions.

Speaking of which, YOU STILL HAVEN'T ASKED ME QUESTIONS. Ask me things. I will answer. This will reveal information, thus benefiting town. If you think I'm scum, why not prove it to scientist by making me look suspicious?

Unless you know I'm not scum, and attempts to make me look scummy will end in failure.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 06, 2014, 01:54:02 am »

There's no such thing as a "loaded statement"...

Like I said, I'm not asking you questions because I don't need anymore information from you. It's more useful for scientist to ask us the questions himself. At least with myself, I know that I get better information by asking the questions myself. All he can expect from us is to try to trick each other into slipping - either falsely or truly. That's why the questions would be better coming from his own mouth/fingertips.

Our questions are going to be completely biased. His won't.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 06, 2014, 02:16:53 am »

*lights cigarette*

Looks like this vig has smoked his last...go town.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57