Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122224 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Too Townie to Live [Day 3]
« Reply #720 on: January 24, 2014, 11:03:05 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Tiruin: +!!scientist!!+, ToonyMan, Superblackcat
Superblackcat:
+!!scientist!!+:
makeinu:
ToonyMan: Elephant Parade, Tiruin
NativeForeigner:

No Lynch:

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, makeinu

Tiruin tried to explain
That she really wasn't a pain
  But her reason fell flat
  There's a knife under her hat
So out comes the lynch rope again

Tiruin has been lynched!  She was a Serial Killer (SK).

Night 3 has begun!  Night 3 will last until Monday, 1/27 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - I'm totally super serial [Night 3]
« Reply #721 on: January 28, 2014, 01:20:23 pm »

The mod is full of the derps
He often forgets how time works
  He is ashamed
  And should be blamed
For being a mod who lurks

You come back together in the morning
Full of trepadation and warning
  You do a quick count
  And get the right amount
Looks like the night was boring

No one has died.

Day 4 has begun!  Day 4 will last until Friday 1/31 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Snore [Day 4]
« Reply #722 on: January 28, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »

Well, I suppose I should let everyone know I jailed ToonyMan last night, more for reasons of role blocking than for protection. I'm not sure which aspect of jailing led to a lack of deaths, but I'd guess that Toony is scum and I kept him from killing last night. The only problem is, what with 3+ town roles, there has to be a JOAT. Because I can't block or roleblock the JOAT, there's no reason why me jailing should have stopped the JOAT, but it seems as if it has.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 28, 2014, 05:31:04 pm »

Fucking Serial Killer!

I called it. Day One. Y'all thought I was crazy, but I called it.

The rest needs a reread.

BBIAB, after I accomplish that.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 28, 2014, 05:33:08 pm »

I didn't action last night.  My plan was to bait the mafia into killing since they think the game would end if I were to kill as well, but that didn't end up happening it seems like!

I sadly can't confirm Scientist's block, since I received no PM, but I believe their claim of Jailkeeper and I can prove it in my thoughts below.

I wrote my thoughts down after Tiruin flipped SK:

///
The seven letters rolled:
HKK????

HKKP??? if Scientist is telling the truth (I believe they are...maybe...Pufferfish not using their ability on N1 is very suspicious).

Scum team has to be TTT or T with the SK flipped now.

If everybody is telling the truth then the letters we generated are HKKPTTT.  This means the scum have a goon and a JOAT left.

Scientist can't be lying because that would make 4 Ts and that doesn't have any serial killer...so Scientist is most likely telling the truth.  I hope he protects me Night 3.  :)

*Post-Edit*: It seems you did but not to protect me. :(

That also means out of the remaining players:

Elephant Parade
Superblackcat [E]
makeinu [E]
NativeForeigner

Two of these players are mafia, with at least one being a JOAT.
///

I don't believe Makeinu is mafia so the last two scum are in the group Elephant Parade, Superblackcat, and Nativeforeigner.

Elephant Parade, is Superblackcat or Nativeforeigner your buddy?  If you won't admit that, will you at least say who you find more suspicious?

As a side note, I will ridicule and make fun of people who vote me.  I am town.  On Day 2 DarkStar fake-claimed vig and I almost got lynched instead of him.  On Day 3 Tiruin fake-claimed vig and I almost got lynched instead of him.  I swear to God I am a town vigilante who hasn't shot for three days now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 28, 2014, 05:44:47 pm »

Wait even better, if people can believe Scientist's claim, that means we rolled HKP????.  I'm leaving my claim of K out.

If I'm mafia that means there would be 4 Ts, 4 Ts doesn't have a serial killer.

So either Scientist and I are both lying (which is impossible because I am telling the truth at the very least), or one of the players who claimed vanilla townie is town, but they're hiding their power, which is understandable but I don't believe it happened unless they want to step forward now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 28, 2014, 06:48:47 pm »

And I was rooting for town, too.

Night 3 has begun!  Night 3 will last until Monday, 1/27 at 11 PM EST.
Ah, Mondays.

Edit: Would it kill anyone to add a darn 's' to that 'he' pronoun? >_>
Ugh, you people.

Also, Elephant used his extend.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:55:35 pm by Tiruin »

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:33 pm »

So, I'm thinking, what if +!!scientist!!+ IS lying? Mostly spit-balling here, but there's something about it that just bugs me...

His claims to have blocked Tiruin N2 and ToonyMan N3 are essentially unverifiable. Both Tiruin and ToonyMan claim they got no alert that their actions were blocked. Tiruin wouldn't have if her chosen SK ability was Strongman/Ninja Kill, because her kill would've bypassed the Jailkeeper block.

ToonyMan, of course, claims he put in no action last night, and I believe him. Honestly, I believe his town cred is indisputable at this time. And if we accept that he's not lying on that, then it follows that the rest if his claims are true as well.  Which brings me to this:

So either Scientist and I are both lying (which is impossible because I am telling the truth at the very least), or one of the players who claimed vanilla townie is town, but they're hiding their power, which is understandable but I don't believe it happened unless they want to step forward now.

If we assume ToonyMan is telling the truth on all of it, and +!!scientist!!+ is lying, then there has to be another town power role out there. We know that because of Tiruin's SK flip. I have my suspicions...

Putting that aside, I have a problem reconciling that there was no kill last night. That argues that ToonyMan was the mafia target. But why?

If +!!scientist!!+ really is the Jailkeeper, why wouldn't he be the kill last night? He can't self-protect, and a guard role is very bad for a scum team. Doctors always die the night they're revealed.  Always. Or often enough that it's effectively enough to be a truism.

Yet, he lived, and evidence points to his claimed target also being the mafia target? Why? Because he's a Vigilante? That would mean either that Elephant Parade is mafia and they wanted him alive for certain, based on ToonyMan's threat to kill him, or that the mafia want us to think that.

There's a mafia JOAT. If they'd really wanted ToonyMan dead, why not simply Strongman kill him? If EP is mafia, and they took ToonyMan at his word on that threat, they'd have had to Role Block and kill him, which strikes me as oddly inefficient, and guaranteed to set EP up for serious suspicion today. I believe that was partly your plan, ToonyMan? To draw the mafia out defending EP?

But, again, +!!scientist!!+, the Jailkeeper, still lives, despite the problem his continued existence presents to the mafia. That makes no sense to me.

ToonyMan:

What's your stance on this, now?

I suspected you and Scientist at the start of today because you two were the only people who weren't voting DarkStar at Day 2 end.  I am that simple-minded, but hey look I'm pretty sure one of you is scum now!

NativeForeigner:

Can you explain, please, in greater detail here your thought processes and reasoning?

NativeForeigner: You've been absent for a while. What are your reads? Do you think these claims are true?

I honestly don't think Tiruin is lying. I wish I had actual evidence to back this up, but I don't. Just my best idea reading through the mountains of text.

That leads me to believe that it's Toonyman who's lying about his roleclaim. But until Makeinu votes, I'm going to withhold my vote. I'm not going to risk tying up the vote. I'll be keeping an eye out for his vote before day end.

I'll buy not wanting to risk a vote tie. I'll buy the "if Tiruin is true, ToonyMan is false" logic. But what about Tiruin, especially in light of her SK flip, made you so sure that she wasn't lying?

I'd very much like to hear your reasoning, because I was pretty sure at some point in the day that was exactly the case myself.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 28, 2014, 07:52:38 pm »

Dammit! Wrong button...

+!!scientist!!+: what have you to say to the above?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 28, 2014, 08:11:42 pm »

There's a mafia JOAT. If they'd really wanted ToonyMan dead, why not simply Strongman kill him? If EP is mafia, and they took ToonyMan at his word on that threat, they'd have had to Role Block and kill him, which strikes me as oddly inefficient, and guaranteed to set EP up for serious suspicion today. I believe that was partly your plan, ToonyMan? To draw the mafia out defending EP?
Well, if I died last night I would have been the only death, that probably would put heat on Elephant Parade since I am suspicious of his attitude to me when I said I was going to shoot him.  You're right that it's odd Scientist blocked me, but I won't believe he's mafia unless somebody claims a power-role because it's literally impossible for him to be mafia otherwise.

ToonyMan:
What's your stance on this, now?
I suspected you and Scientist at the start of today because you two were the only people who weren't voting DarkStar at Day 2 end.  I am that simple-minded, but hey look I'm pretty sure one of you is scum now!
Tiruin satisfies the condition I said there.  Scientist could be scum, but I really really doubt it unless somebody claims.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:54 pm »

Bah. I still want to know why he felt it necessary to block you last night. It seems like he was protecting EP from your threat. If that was his intention, I'd like to know why. If it wasn't, I'd still like to know why.

SBC, NF: can we please hear from you two?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 28, 2014, 11:51:27 pm »

I'll buy not wanting to risk a vote tie. I'll buy the "if Tiruin is true, ToonyMan is false" logic. But what about Tiruin, especially in light of her SK flip, made you so sure that she wasn't lying?

I'd very much like to hear your reasoning, because I was pretty sure at some point in the day that was exactly the case myself.

As I said in the original post, it was more of a gut feeling I got while skimming over the boatloads of posts that were happening.

As far as the recent revelation, I was technically right. Tiruin wasn't scum. But in light of her SK flip, I'll have to reevaluate what's going on.

However, I have my doubts about scientists' claim. Primarily due to the fact that he's still alive.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 28, 2014, 11:56:08 pm »

Hey Makeinu.

Now lets make Tiruin a liar:

Possible roles would be: P,H,KK,TTT.

That would mean, Scum: TTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia JOAT, Serial Killer. There is a SK. (Tiruin could be an SK, Though I think not).

There would be 2 Scum left, and a SKer on the loose. (Given the kills, I don't think this is plausible. Same reason why Tiruin IMO isn't Vig, Scum didn't kill.)

However, if This was what happened. Then the two remaining mafia would both be inside the Vanilla Townie Claimers.

I'm pretty sure this is the setup. There shouldn't be two extra people not claiming... (Which makes it the 1 T setup).

So What I'm thinking is. With the blocks scientist is claiming, the fact that Mafia still has not killed yet, makes this game seem incredibly weird. I don't think Tiruin was lying about who she killed... Since she is SK.

So I propose: What if our actual JK/Doctor is just incredibly lucky, and not scientist. He's letting scientist take all the credit, but he's actually doing what not.

Scientist is JOAT, and RBed someone and claimed it. But it didn't work.

Maybe there was 1 NK in there, but there couldn't be 2. I'm seeing a JKer who managed to JK a mafia, and a townie.

Toaster: Does a specific member of mafia kill? Or does all of mafia kill? (So if X, Y , and Z is mafia, does X himself 'kill' (So if you block X, you block the kill) or does all 3 target the same target?)

Why is Toonyman confirmed?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 29, 2014, 12:03:36 am »

ToonyMan isn't confirmed, I'm just not suspicious of him at this point. I could, of course, be wrong.

Your scenario still requires someone to claim a power they haven't claimed yet, and requires them to very specifically claim.

I can understand a Doctor or Jailkeeper still not claiming, or a Role Cop not claiming, but a Tracker not so much. Maybe. And if there's a Role Cop, they obviously haven't found anything useful yet, i.e., they haven't found the JOAT.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 29, 2014, 12:34:32 am »

That is utterly ridiculous Superblackcat.  You're the other mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57