Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122696 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Too Townie to Live [Day 3]
« Reply #630 on: January 22, 2014, 10:12:44 am »

makeinu
The problem with your sarcasm claim there is that it could be true.
...Because it is. >_>

Anyway: Could you settle that bias with Vigs? Define me. In what you really think. Am I fit enough to go under that..that label of yours?

Seven numbers rolled. Any number can be T, 50% chance.
..Would it be funny if I got how it was done after I posted, but before this was explained? >_> Bleh, half-got it anyway. So after the 7 are rolled, there are 6 vanilla townies, confirmed. Am I correct on the VT count?
It's the others, the I/P/H/K/R, that determine the scum.
wat.
It directly says the # of 'T' roles influence scum, and they're 3 scum (unless and depending on the # of Ts)

That's the massclaim there. I have nothing to add to that. Any other power claims fucks up all the math, so anyone left is Vanilla Town or scum. And scum don't claim, not honestly, anyway.
You didn't claim (unless I missed it). SBC didn't claim. NativeForeigner didn't claim.

Fucking hate lurkers almost as much as I hate Vigs.
So do you hate me or not?! <___< ckkkhhh

Toony
I think you claimed because you are crazy!  Do you realize the implications of claiming every single possible kill this game has had so far?  If you're the SK or mafia then you're being super ballsy, if you're a town vig you don't deserve to live anymore.
'Don't deserve to live'...why? You never explain why you thought I was lying in the first place. And here comes your own special vagueness. >_>
Oh, and I don't see the 'implications' of claiming every kill sans Persus this game had, other than to give information. I mean I could've just shut up!
Nobody thinks past that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 22, 2014, 10:14:42 am »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Tiruin: +!!scientist!!+, makeinu, ToonyMan, Tiruin
Superblackcat:
+!!scientist!!+:
makeinu:
ToonyMan: Elephant Parade
NativeForeigner:

No Lynch:

Not Voting: Superblackcat, NativeForeigner

Day 3 will end Thursday, 1/23 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 22, 2014, 10:20:28 am »

Your self-vote is an appeal to emotion, and those never work.
Also it was more of my emotional duress and not of this 'appeal to emotion' (though this is often inferred.)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 22, 2014, 11:10:25 am »

Busy today I could probably post more tonight.

Also, stop voting yourself.  I think you're lying because you're the SK now.  Elephant Parade's claim as a vanilla townie probably marks them as mafia, but I'll have to check back.  I think you claimed because you are crazy!  Do you realize the implications of claiming every single possible kill this game has had so far?  If you're the SK or mafia then you're being super ballsy, if you're a town vig you don't deserve to live anymore.
Would you have preferred me to lie and claim something else? I can't see any point in lying about it, other than confusing everyone. While that could potentially cause the mafia to kill me instead of somebody with a power role, I figured it wasn't worth confusing everyone else as well.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 22, 2014, 11:13:16 am »

*facepalms*

Tiruin, if it weren't for the fact that it's known there's no Jester in this setup, I'd swear you were trying to get lynched.

Yes, the T count determines the scum team, but you can't count confirmed T and work backwards, because more are added at the end. You have to count power roles.

There are four kill roles in this game:

1) scum/mafia
2) Serial Killer
3) Vigilante
4) Vengeful

Of those four, only the Vigilante and Vengeful have a responsibility to use their kills with caution, because they don't know who to kill.

Scum do: everyone not them. SK kills everyone.

Vigilante and Vengeful are Town roles. They have to be careful when they kill, otherwise they risk killing their allies. That only helps the scum.

By your claim, you've acted irresponsibly with your kills. You've killed based on your suppositions, and have been wrong in them each time. That's what I mean by loose cannon. A loose cannon has fire that is misdirected, that can hit allies, friendly fire.

And that's still all predicated on whether your claim is true. If it's not, then you're likeliest to be anti-town.

Or very unlucky.

Why the hell did you claim two of three night kills, Tiruin? What outcome did you expect?

The best case I can make in this is that you're playing a very bold scum move, because the other options don't make sense.

No. I haven't claimed. I have no role to claim.

SBC and NF haven't claimed because they're lurking. Possibly one or both laughing their asses off at this whole thing.

Also it was more of my emotional duress and not of this 'appeal to emotion' (though this is often inferred.)

Works out to the same.

Deep breath. Calm. Think. Explain.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 22, 2014, 09:12:06 pm »

Tiruin

So you are saying you ... killed every town that has died so far during the night.

Are you sure you aren't mafia? Because usually that's what mafia does.

Given that we have 7 people left.

the most scum left we could have left is 3.

I'm going to guess a 2. considering. If Tiruin was telling the truth. then she would've hit scum.

But if she isn't telling the truth... Then we are going to hit scum!

I'm just scared that it's currently lylo.

Also Tiruin. If you actually are a vig. YOU ARE QUITE DUMB TO KILL SO MUCH. REMEMBER WHAT MAKEINU SAID ABOUT BEING TRIGGER HAPPY? I THINK YOU ARE A PERFECT EXAMPLE!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 22, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »

Also Tiruin. If you actually are a vig. YOU ARE QUITE DUMB TO KILL SO MUCH. REMEMBER WHAT MAKEINU SAID ABOUT BEING TRIGGER HAPPY? I THINK YOU ARE A PERFECT EXAMPLE!
Stop being an ass SBC. After lurking SO LONG, all I get is this?

I am justified in voting myself.

Of all people I talk to. Of all people, you pull this self-assed assertion at me? Trigger-happy?
Do you analyze my case instead of showing hostility?
I'm going to guess a 2. considering. If Tiruin was telling the truth. then she would've hit scum.
What kind of crap is this, Mr. Velvet claws?
SBC, detail your thoughts. For one so vocal or present in the IRC, and quite not on this 'forum' and lurking your head off, I'd like to know why you're so lynch-happy instead of someone to question.

So you are saying you ... killed every town that has died so far during the night.
BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLE OF SUMMARIZING MY DAMN CASE.

You think i'd nothave known if they're town, oh-and I claimed too!

Goddamn you. Where are your brains.

I'm just scared that it's currently lylo.
Explain.

*facepalms*

Tiruin, if it weren't for the fact that it's known there's no Jester in this setup, I'd swear you were trying to get lynched.
I. Am. TIRED. Of trying to explain to people who can't delve deeper than the perceived notion of thought-acting on superficial basis and not wondering why I even thrice damn claimed. OH TIRUIN, YOU KILLED TOWNIES. YOU DIE!

By your claim, you've acted irresponsibly with your kills. You've killed based on your suppositions, and have been wrong in them each time. That's what I mean by loose cannon. A loose cannon has fire that is misdirected, that can hit allies, friendly fire.
...Irresponsibly? I believed Hapah to be scum based on that basis. I believed ZU-on the grounds of choosing one evil or the other, or letting him live-without using my kill to shorten the suspect list.
And here I am being labeled again!

Works out to the same.

Deep breath. Calm. Think. Explain.
To What same?
You tell me to be calm, yet you hurl these labels at me as if what I said does not explain my kill basis. Do you attack that? Yeah, you did-unlike some others-except that you generalize my thoughts as if they're to be taken as such, yet my case depended on the minute details within each person!
Why can't you tell me specifics? I feel like you're nitpicking, but obviously for you you're not.

And that's still all predicated on whether your claim is true. If it's not, then you're likeliest to be anti-town.

Or very unlucky.
..Anti-town? ANTI-town?!
Yeah, tell me in the truest sense how I'd known those people are town, then argue in this manner. Yeah, unlucky-I did ask for people to try checking in my shoes, nobody did..ahh well. Best to assume the fact that everyone wants me killed.

Perhaps I should've just shut up and leave this case to sprawl in the dust, thereby leaving the question of those kills unfounded. Perhaps people would've thought about that. Nobody did. Everyone's all kill-frenzy, and in that matter it doesn't make sense in the same. I see claims and I see counterclaims. I believe I've been bussed but I've no case against that but to say that I was-for that is my only basis that makes sense to me.
Nobody argues along that--do you believe the same?
No, all I get is 'TIRUIN, YOU'RE LYING'. While this would be an acceptable form of scumhunting, it isn't when nobody expounds why. Implications. Assumptions!

The best case I can make in this is that you're playing a very bold scum move, because the other options don't make sense.
Ugh thrice damnit can you TRY to look at this from another point of view from the others? This is a crucial point an-
*reads all reactions*
Y'know, I'll just shut up. All I get is accusations and mud. I expected more from this kind of response, but all I see is an angry mob of stupid ignorants.

Vigilante and Vengeful are Town roles. They have to be careful when they kill, otherwise they risk killing their allies. That only helps the scum.
Oh, you GOT MY POINT! Yet you refute my actions as someone not thinking?
Wow.
I put a hell lot of thought behind my kills and why I'd have done so--even if I was the SK, sarcasm aside, then the context would be the same (only under a publicly assumed malevolent wincon, though the process would be the same for the person), and thus what your insults are target the person instead of the player. You think I'm not thinking? Do you care to look back?

All I want to see are people thinking. Wondering. All I get are votes--most of whom are not even pressure (or really badly worded ones), or reactionary ones (or, people like being aggressive jerks!). Perhaps I should've just shut up and left this case without clarity instead.

Ah well. Shorten this crap.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 22, 2014, 09:38:04 pm »

Tiruin.

I don't care about your case. In fact I didn't even read it... at all.

Guess what? You killed 3 town. That's more than Mafia/3rd person roles combined. I don't care if you made an amazing case against them. You still killed them, and they were still town. You could pretend all you want that they are mafia, point everywhere that they were scummy in these ways, but that doesn't change the fact that they are mafia...

NOT AT ALL.

I'm hoping we have a more than a lylo, because without a lylo, we are in serious crap.

So I'm going to vote you. Given that two other people jumped up and claimed... If you aren't mafia, they will die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 22, 2014, 09:45:30 pm »

Tiruin.

Guess what? You killed 3 town. That's more than Mafia/3rd person roles combined. I don't care if you made an amazing case against them. You still killed them, and they were still town. You could pretend all you want that they are mafia, point everywhere that they were scummy in these ways, but that doesn't change the fact that they are mafia...
1. You didn't read my case.
2. You base my scumminess on results instead of the notes beforehand.
3. You don't bother to question me and add this 'guess what?' deal.
4. You add insult to injury and not caring about the other person's feelings?
5. You insert a crappy detail on another kind of case to debunk the one I'm forwarding.
6. You IGNORE my questions! Impressive.

So I'm going to vote you. Given that two other people jumped up and claimed... If you aren't mafia, they will die.
Whatwhatwhat? They will die?
Heck. People claimed-I can't refute that they're both scum due to
> Timing.
> Context.
One or the other is telling the truth, or they both are and I got bus'd. Ignore what I said before on the bus driver (commuter-ability confusion, ho!) but...this?

What in bloody hell SBC.
Guess what? You killed 3 town. That's more than Mafia/3rd person roles combined.
I don't even your sense. And no, I killed ZU-I doubt that Persus hid under him.
You blame me too for his death? Explain that to me--you want to, in the softest sense, guilt-trip me on this?
Bring it on you impudent feline.
Hide your claws, I see them sharpened.

I'm hoping we have a more than a lylo, because without a lylo, we are in serious crap.
Aww, look at this crap-explain that crap!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 22, 2014, 09:50:57 pm »

Tiruin already claimed serial killer so I don't see why the day has to go on any longer.

Also it's not exactly lylo, if Tiruin is somehow town then if I can shoot scum tonight we'll be okay, but I'll probably be killed tonight too.  Anybody have any ideas who I should shoot?  Scientist is probably telling the truth about being a jail keeper so he's clean.  I don't think Makeinu is scum either so that leaves

Elephant Parade
Superblackcat
NativeForeigner

If Tiruin is SK then two of these three players are scum.

I'm thinking Elephant Parade is one of them.  I'll shoot him tonight (unless Tiruin flips mafia then the SK likely does not exist and I will not be shooting).

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 22, 2014, 09:54:10 pm »

Tiruin.

1. You didn't read my case.
2. You base my scumminess on results instead of the notes beforehand.
3. You don't bother to question me and add this 'guess what?' deal.
4. You add insult to injury and not caring about the other person's feelings?
5. You insert a crappy detail on another kind of case to debunk the one I'm forwarding.
6. You IGNORE my questions! Impressive.

Whatwhatwhat? They will die?
Heck. People claimed-I can't refute that they're both scum due to
> Timing.
> Context.
One or the other is telling the truth, or they both are and I got bus'd. Ignore what I said before on the bus driver (commuter-ability confusion, ho!) but...this?

What in bloody hell SBC.
Guess what? You killed 3 town. That's more than Mafia/3rd person roles combined.
I don't even your sense. And no, I killed ZU-I doubt that Persus hid under him.
You blame me too for his death? Explain that to me--you want to, in the softest sense, guilt-trip me on this?
Bring it on you impudent feline.
Hide your claws, I see them sharpened.

Aww, look at this crap-explain that crap!

Quite sorry. I did not see your questions.

Past that. What else do I look at?
In the end, isn't everything based on the results?
No one cares if 'you tried' the important part, in the end, would be that 'you succeeded' or 'you failed'

And I'm pretty sure you made it to the 'you failed' part.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 22, 2014, 10:00:54 pm »

Quite sorry. I did not see your questions.

Past that. What else do I look at?
In the end, isn't everything based on the results?
No one cares if 'you tried' the important part, in the end, would be that 'you succeeded' or 'you failed'

And I'm pretty sure you made it to the 'you failed' part.
> Past what? You miss all my questions, and fail to answer them. You address them, technically, yet you fail to do anything about it-or give any thoughts on my everything.
> The results? Yes. In theory. However you fail to account the case of surity, clarity and technicality. You attack me as if you're blaming me that I killed 'town', explicitly without any focus on queries. I am deeply unsure how you could do so without any questions beforehand. Like, you conclude upon the spot.

I don't see that as a good townie attribute.
> No one? I'm sure people do care-they just don't say it. Saying 'I failed' only works when I'm dead, and emotional duress + being labeled plus a nice breakdown didn't help my logic back then. It can be used against me, however--doesn't matter as I'm explaining for myself now.

Also I do like how you're not using your extend-so sure on Tiruin, eh?

What do you think about me-in relation to everyone else. Give your general outlook on the scene as of today. Your view on the count, and quite much explain your thoughts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 22, 2014, 10:05:29 pm »

Tiruin already claimed serial killer so I don't see why the day has to go on any longer.

Also it's not exactly lylo, if Tiruin is somehow town then if I can shoot scum tonight we'll be okay, but I'll probably be killed tonight too.  Anybody have any ideas who I should shoot?  Scientist is probably telling the truth about being a jail keeper so he's clean.  I don't think Makeinu is scum either so that leaves

Elephant Parade
Superblackcat
NativeForeigner

If Tiruin is SK then two of these three players are scum.

I'm thinking Elephant Parade is one of them.  I'll shoot him tonight (unless Tiruin flips mafia then the SK likely does not exist and I will not be shooting).
Shoot scum? Yes-that list is true, however I'd wonder-why only claim now anyway?

You take my sarcasm as seriousness. Why?
You did not address the part where you thought i was lying, too.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 22, 2014, 10:06:39 pm »

Any why Elephant Parade over SBC?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 22, 2014, 10:46:24 pm »

Toony, please answer my questions. You know we're lacking time, and you shift dispositions despite that. What do you truly believe, aaand you never gave your 'implications' about my stating the kills.
Expound, because giving the notion of 'courageous claim' is nothing without details.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57