Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122318 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #555 on: January 17, 2014, 03:29:05 am »

Okay, so, yeah, another long day. Had a moment earlier where I might've had the chance to respond here, saw the multiple walls of text, and realized I was going to need more than a moment to respond.

So this got deferred and BM got my attention instead.

TheDarkStar:

Oh holy jeebus, I warranted a response, and it's longer than three sentences! I think I hit a nerve, maybe?

So, you're using meta to defend him. Toony obviously lied, because why would a town person want to get rid of random people?

Well, meta, and logic, but yeah, because I don't see that he was trying to get rid of a random person. I see that he was applying a pressure vote on someone whom he saw as suspicious. Pufferfish also happened to be lurking at the time, though that apparently was something real life related. I've used pressure votes myself past the RVS stage to get a response, it's a valid tactic.

If he were trying to get rid of some random person, there are a lot of other things I'd've expected to see. False case. Policy lynch the lurker. Something other than a bluff accusation and insistence on staying silent pending an answer. It sure didn't do much to build a lynch train on Pufferfish, that bluff.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill with your accusations, imo.

There wasn't really anything in defense of TheDarkStar, save his own post, which was surprisingly more wordy than his usual. He tries to give reasons, but they just come across as defensive and deflective of suspicion back to ToonyMan. He even pulls a self-meta with his noted vote flightiness.

And that's where I get stuck with a tunnel vision warning. I always see TDS as flighty and promiscuous with his vote, and so tend to dismiss that as a scum-tell with him. But when he self-metas with it, it's now referential because it becomes WIFOM. Sort of. I think.

What are you trying to say here? I might have a flighty meta, but Toony does not.

What I'm trying to say is that I know you have a flighty meta, so it gives me tunnel vision when trying to parse what the hell you're doing. All I tend to see is TDS being damn flighty again. But you keep bringing up that as meta, so now your meta is admitting to being flighty. So then, is it you being flighty because you're flighty, or are you being flighty because that's what people expect from you so you can get away with it?

My votes might be flighty, but that is not a reason to vote for me.

See? WIFOM.

1. Why do you even care that I changed the colors? I actually just missed the other red vote; I change them as a rule to make the lurker tracker work better and to make it easier to see what I voted for. This is not actually a reason to lynch me.

Because it's weird! I mean, just, why? And then, why only the unvote? You took the time to change one but not the other?

PPE: Ah, I see. Lurker Tracker. So, it was to ensure that the unvote wouldn't appear to be yours, and a self-vote would draw enough attention that anyone looking would check the posts to see what the hell was actually happening. Except that the Lurker Tracker apparently ignores red text in quote tags. I checked.

So, the whole thing is strange, curious as Tiruin puts it, and deliberate, and pointless. Which makes it suspicious in my book.

2. +!!scientist!!+ is definitely town; either Toony is town or +!!scientist!!+ is, and we've already seen that Toony is probably scum. This is why I wrote that he was town.

I'm not seeing this. From whence comes the assurance that +!!scientist!!+ is "definitely town"? The only "definite town" right now are the four dead. Everyone else is still suspect.

PPE again: Damn it, really? Role claim? So despite crying j'accuse at ToonyMan for promising a role claim on lynch, and at me for using meta around that to "defend" him, you're going to play the same card? Really?

So help me, if you claim, whatever you claim! you'd damn well better have something to back that up. That goes for Toony as well. No empty claims, or it's not real until role flip.

3. He roleclaimed the minute he wrote the post accusing Pufferfish/+!!scientist!!+, not after people started asking questions. Why are you so defensive of him all the time? It's not like you're working with him, riiiiight?

Really. Yeah, I'm just wielding a chainsaw here.

Now, why don't you lynch Toony (and then makeinu, after Toony's role is revealed)? They seem the most likely two people to be scum. If I had to guess, the other scum would either be Elephant Parade (randomly accusing +!!scientist!!+/Pufferfish) or Tiruin (long rage posts directed only to me).

Please, review your arguments and stop voting for the wrong guy. I want to stay alive and make sure Toony dies, but you're all busy killing me.

And a capstone ending with an appeal to emotion. Man, you've got all the mafia tropes going today, all in one post. And setting a personal one-post word-count record. Nothing here to change my mind.

Tiruin:

makeinu is staying quite along on the green-side, moreso against the audience, the most on that zone given his play and his words. I find little discrepancy with how he acts (...despite some drama... :I )in how it conforms to scumplay--no deviations in how words are put, nor do I see any withheld commentaries or verbal sleights. He's drawing quite well in my eyes, and I am pleased with his aesthetics.

Though I'd love to see that alleged spreadsheet there.

{snip}

makeinu: Your spreadsheet. I believe that's a list of notes and all. Why have you not caught onto this find? What is your spreadsheet about, and what does it concern? Vote patterns? Because if you could make a note for me (thanks :>) or scientist's own confusion on said spreadsheet, (yeah I read your reply to him in stereotypical russian..it's quite amusing and nice in that accented english).
I'd like to hear from you.

What about me exactly puts me on your green-side, by which I read that you are leaning not-scum? And why the FoS over the spreadsheet? You take notes, right? I assume most experienced players do. Though, we know the Cat doesn't, apparently.

Anyway, if you want to look, fine, it's here. It's my personal tracker, trimmed from a tool I use as a game mod. I've kept notes of who voted for whom, when, and a guess/approximation at why, plus unvotes, replaces, and kills.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZU_6NHN6M7WNPAO_J7Ug5NytnKGIjV0Q9WUqrc4OwZU/edit?usp=sharing

There's a fair number of question marks here and there, and I do revise notes as I reread stuff. And I haven't updated the reads on my suspect list in a hot minute.

PPE: Gorramit! You're doing that thing again! You're becoming flighty, Tiruin...

You guys must look and see with your own eyes. TDS may be doing stoopid antics, and may have done many things--however I attribute, and why I'm hanging on him and his antics, is that I feel that he's taking a personal field into the matter. IRL, nobody would deny logic and correct reasoning--TDS is acting cornered, defensive and outright stupid illogical in the way that he prizes HIMSELF as too much rather than think about the team.

As his IC, previously, I am deeply ashamed. Both in myself and how I taught. Him? I'd rather attribute his behavior in this game towards how his actions have proven him. Let no dishonor come to him other than how he acted here--HOWEVER I WILL ACTIVELY DISPUTE HIS LYNCH RIGHT DAMN NOW.

If anyone has objections. Tell me. Because I'm quite suspicious of those who take him as the 'easy' lynch. I tire of the conventional scumtells, however I also tire of scum riding the waves in trying to hang a man--who's own personal defense cannot stay by his own words. He's flailing and lying and doing ALL NO U in order to save his skin.

Logical conclusion: Marginally useless town. If scum, then that's a WONDERFUL bus. If SK, then...I don't even. Least probable thought here.

The hell makes you think I'm not looking with my own eyes? I can read, take notes, make correlations, eliminate contradictions. TDS just looks scummy as hell right now. And it's because of his "defensive and outright stupid illogical" reactions to people that give that impression.

He may indeed not be scum, but that doesn't mean you can dismiss any vote on him as band-wagoning or busing. Not without backing, bucko. You've been arguing more than anyone, longer than anyone, wordier than anyone, that TDS is scummy, vote-flopping on him like a fish out of water does, and for the very reasons that you decry above. That he's flailing, and lying, and caving under questioning to change his vote, and appealing to emotion, and deflecting, and all that. Reasons you've attacked him for, repeatedly.

And now, all of a sudden, it's scum just riding in for an "easy lynch"? The hell, no, the fuck, Tiruin?

Because others finally come to the conclusion that he's scum, you suddenly turn about and "he's not" on us? He's "logically" "marginally useless town"? Or he's being bused to the lynch.

Good gobs, how many scum do you think we have here?

Or is this vain-glory speaking? You take some measure of responsibility for his play because you IC'd a game he was in, and can't stand the thought that his shite play is somehow your fault, and so you don't want to see him lynched for said shite play. Is that it?

Because that's a crap reason. If you'd "rather attribute his behavior in this game towards how his actions have proven him" and truly feel that we should "[l]et no dishonor come to him other than how he acted here", then by gum, fucking do that. That, above? That's the worst use of meta in scum-hunting I've ever seen.

Superblackcat:

You sound like you're just threatening us.

"Hey, I might have a role, that's important. Huh, you still wanna kill me? I'll role claim soon! Haha, be scared! Feel bad!"

Eh, Caz did the same thing at the end of D1, and that threat held true. I think he's being shady about it, but not for that reason. Surely you have more than this laziness.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2]
« Reply #556 on: January 17, 2014, 09:13:20 am »

Was thinking about this as I tossed and turned last night. I'm getting tunnel visioned entirely thinking about whatever your deal is, TheDarkStar. If you're going to do a role-claim, better do it soon, and better make it good, if you expect to save yourself. 14 hours 'til day ends from this post.

I'd say the same to you, too, ToonyMan, but I don't think there's much risk people swinging against you.

Tiruin, I know you're across the world with flaky net, but I hope you get the chance to answer my semi-coherent questions/comments.

I need to do a reread and take a look at some others, update my suspect list.

Friday, so might be a short day for me. Hopefully.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 17, 2014, 12:38:48 pm »

My vote has to go for TDS. He flat out ignores possibly compromising questions designed to get him to explain his reasoning, seems certain that Toony's scheme was going to end in a mislynch, he changed a FoS' to a vote when he got called on it and tried to explain it away as "the wrong color", and he's generally useless. There's a bit more to it than that, but that's the meat of it. If he's somehow not scum, he's a weak link and he's distracting everyone from other targets. He needs to go.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 17, 2014, 06:05:32 pm »

If you really want to know, I'm a vigilante. That's why you shouldn't lynch me; if you do, we'll likely be at LyLo tomorrow (If there are 3 scum; 2 scum would still get you close). And because you don't have any leads (besides wanting me dead), we'll likely lose.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 17, 2014, 06:21:48 pm »

The thing is, we've made our cases and presented our evidence and opinions as to why we think you're scum, and you haven't really done anything to refute or contest it. You also haven't made any sort of case on anyone else that could stand up on its own. If you want to not get lynched, you either have to convince the mob that you are innocent or convince the mob that someone else is more guilty/the better lynch, and you haven't really made a hard push at either. We can't let you off the hook just because you claimed Vig.

Who'd you shoot at last night?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 17, 2014, 07:37:54 pm »

The thing is, we've made our cases and presented our evidence and opinions as to why we think you're scum, and you haven't really done anything to refute or contest it. You also haven't made any sort of case on anyone else that could stand up on its own. If you want to not get lynched, you either have to convince the mob that you are innocent or convince the mob that someone else is more guilty/the better lynch, and you haven't really made a hard push at either. We can't let you off the hook just because you claimed Vig.

Who'd you shoot at last night?

First, I did not shoot anyone last night. At the time, I had no leads, and my odds were higher of killing someone from the town than someone from the mafia.

Second: I have been defending myself and have also pointed out other things going on (for example, my case on Toony, which people have simply ignored), but some people have decided to focus only on me instead of other people who are more suspicious

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 17, 2014, 07:57:41 pm »

Vig? You're claiming, and it's Vig... *goes apoplectic* You have claimed by literally least favorite role, ever, anywhere...

First, I did not shoot anyone last night. At the time, I had no leads, and my odds were higher of killing someone from the town than someone from the mafia.

At least you haven't gone all loose cannon, if we're to believe this.

*commences re-read*

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 17, 2014, 08:15:30 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: 
Tiruin: 
TheDarkStar:  Superblackcat, ToonyMan, Hapah, makeinu, NativeForeigner
Superblackcat: 
+!!scientist!!+: 
makeinu: 
Hapah:  Tiruin
ToonyMan:  TheDarkStar, +!!scientist!!+
NativeForeigner: 

No Lynch:

Not Voting:  Elephant Parade

Day 2 will last until Friday, 1/17 at 11 PM EST, less than three hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 17, 2014, 08:42:49 pm »

Vig? You're claiming, and it's Vig... *goes apoplectic* You have claimed by literally least favorite role, ever, anywhere...

At least you haven't gone all loose cannon, if we're to believe this.

*commences re-read*

If I was scum, I'd have claimed a role that people would prefer to have over most other roles, like an investigative role or a doctor.

That said, if I'm not lynched, I'd prefer that a doctor would protect me.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 17, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »

TheDarkStar is now almost definitely scum in my opinion, but on the off hand chance that he's vig, I'm going to leave some cliff notes I'd like myself to be remembered by:

1. If TheDarkStar is vig, then SuperBlackCat is more likely scum than town, IMO, as he did the scumtell of trying to tell me what I wanted to hear, with the exception of continuing to attack TheDarkStar.

2. ToonyMan is almost certainly scum in my opinion, for all the reasons I gave earlier and his complete lack of response.

3. If ToonyMan turns out to be scum, as I suspect, then I think NativeForeigner is as well, because he was doing almost nothing but talking about ToonyMan's lie for the majority of the day, and he never questioned Toony on it, and he was the last person to doubt Toony and the last person to believe me.

(sorry, but I probably won't be able to post again till lynch.)
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 17, 2014, 10:34:10 pm »

Here's my reads (as future notes if people don't change their minds):

EP: Lurking, slight scum lean
Tiruin: I'm not sure about him. He doesn't like the way I play, though.
SBC: I'm not sure about him either, since he doesn't do that much.
+!!scientist!!+: Town lean, since he sees that I am not scum and agrees with me on Toony.
makeinu: Slight town lean; he thinks I am scum, but he also is willing to listen to what I say. He seems simply misguided on my alignment.
Hapah/UI: He doesn't do much; null read.
ToonyMan: Scum read for RVSing when it's long past RVS.
NativeForeigner: Town lean, but that's more of a feeling I get from him than from what he has directly said.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 17, 2014, 11:02:30 pm »

TheDarkStar says "But I'm a vig!"
Another says "That's just a wig."
  So they reveal his face
  And spray it with mace
Then string him up like a pig.

TheDarkStar has been lynched!  He was a Mafia Goon (Mafia).

Night 2 has begun!  Night 2 will last until Monday, 1/20 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Gotcha [Night 2]
« Reply #567 on: January 20, 2014, 02:22:23 pm »

Though Hapah had snuck in late
Turns out he suffered the same fate
  He got knocked out
  Sent home to pout
Thrown back to the starting gate

Hapah has been killed!  He was a Townie. (Town)

Day 3 has begun!  Day 3 will last until Thursday, 1/23 at 11 PM EST.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Too Townie to Live [Day 3]
« Reply #568 on: January 20, 2014, 04:13:26 pm »

So, if we lynch wrong today it's most likely going to be lylo.  I highly doubt there's an SK.  That means there's two scum left.

At day end I did not think Makeinu or Hapah were scum at all.  I still don't think Makeinu is mafia, definitely.

My picks for last two scum are Tiruin and +!!scientist!!+.  What say you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Too Townie to Live [Day 3]
« Reply #569 on: January 20, 2014, 04:15:56 pm »

Actually, there might be only one scum left.  I think we have enough people who have role flipped that we can start piecing together what sort of set-up we generated.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57