Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122252 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #375 on: January 09, 2014, 07:32:18 pm »

PFP
If you are town, unvote me pls and lynch Imperial Guardsman for obv bandwagoning

If you are town, Caz, we'll find out when you die tonight, so we'll be able to take a closer look at the people who are voting for you tomorrow.

TheDarkStar, this post and its followup are so scummy it's unbelievable. It looks like you just wanted a lynch, not necessarily his.

And then your response to Persus13 was absolutely wrong. You caved to pressure and voted him because Persus pointed out you weren't voting, and did so with no case. Your vote is reasonless, a bandwagon, a reasonless bandwagon, and the cowardly response to an obvious pressure vote.

Well, Urist Imiknorris, I think you're ignoring that you were one of the people who was most adamant that Caz was scum.

I found a strong lead with Caz, and am sticking with it because there's really no way he can be telling the truth. In the meantime, I'm looking for other leads.

Why did you want him dead so badly? Obviously, there was a way he could be town.

Also, there was no way for me to actually affect the voting besides causing a tie vote (which I did not think would help us). I was voting to show that I did not disagree with Caz dying (because I thought he was scum at the time). I was wrong, but so were other people.
TDS
This sounds more like a reaction to being voted than not--looking back, I don't see you refuting a way Caz could be town, either, in this prospect.

You hold UI down here when you yourself had a significant note on him? What made you vote Caz? I notice that you said 'wrong color' when it was BLUE instead of RED.

That signifies you 'accidentally' doing a FoS instead of what you really intended, huh.

Nextly, that retort to UI...doesn't explain your own vote for him. That sounds more like an OMGUS and comparing who did what instead of why you did so.

Also, there was no way for me to actually affect the voting besides causing a tie vote (which I did not think would help us). I was voting to show that I did not disagree with Caz dying (because I thought he was scum at the time). I was wrong, but so were other people.
You didn't seem to disagree--you didn't talk about anyone else but that one-liner on Caz--but I've to ask, from where does the orange portion stem from?

PFP argh this.

Spent too much time modeling the odds not to have paid attention to the roles. I just dismissed the Hider as largely useless for the Town.
makeinu What's up with the bolded part?

Well, I'm guessing we have a SK?
Well, I'm guessing we have a SK?
Or a vigilante.
SBC/EP
Could you detail your initial thoughts on the matter and why you thought what you said firsthand?

Next, why you both only say a one-liner on the first post of the day, and then nothing else?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #376 on: January 09, 2014, 08:05:35 pm »

@Tiruin: I have a tendency to not notice things. In this case, I failed to see the victim's role.

As for why I haven't been posting, I'm sick and annoyed. I don't really feel like analyzing things right now. I'll try to get something done later today, though.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 09, 2014, 09:29:48 pm »

Spent too much time modeling the odds not to have paid attention to the roles. I just dismissed the Hider as largely useless for the Town.
makeinu What's up with the bolded part?

I should have specified better, it was a quickpost before jetting off.

The Hider is useless for the Town in death. If he lives through the night, he's effectively a Role Cop, because he's hidden behind Town. If he dies, it tells us next to nothing. Either he was targeted by a killer and didn't use his ability, hid behind scum (mafia/SK), or hid behind Town that was night-killed. And he can't tell us which.

So Persus' death doesn't actually tell us anything, really. He's a smart, active player, so he likely used his ability, and we know ZU was Town, so we can safely say that's where he hid last night. Which means we can logically guess at a few possibilities:

• No SK.
  • Mafia and SK both targeted ZU.
  • SK didn't send in a kill order last night.

We can probably guess that there's no SK, since it's not smart play for an SK to skip a kill even N1. Though, 2 is a slim possibility. I'm not sure who I'd have chosen to NK last night, either as mafia or SK, if the choice had been mine to make, but the possibility both chose ZU exists.

Better?

If you are town, unvote me pls and lynch Imperial Guardsman for obv bandwagoning

If you are town, Caz, we'll find out when you die tonight, so we'll be able to take a closer look at the people who are voting for you tomorrow.

TheDarkStar, this post and its followup are so scummy it's unbelievable. It looks like you just wanted a lynch, not necessarily his.

And then your response to Persus13 was absolutely wrong. You caved to pressure and voted him because Persus pointed out you weren't voting, and did so with no case. Your vote is reasonless, a bandwagon, a reasonless bandwagon, and the cowardly response to an obvious pressure vote.

Oh holy fuckballs, Batman, how the batshit did I not see this? *reads back* Ah, right, missed part of the late day, and skipped over reading the full day end drama bits.

Nice subtle role-claim, btw Caz, if you're still reading. Very nice.

Well, Urist Imiknorris, I think you're ignoring that you were one of the people who was most adamant that Caz was scum.

I found a strong lead with Caz, and am sticking with it because there's really no way he can be telling the truth. In the meantime, I'm looking for other leads.

Why did you want him dead so badly? Obviously, there was a way he could be town.

Yeah, by being friggin' Town! Buh...

Also... *checks the Lurker Tracker* Yeah. UI had a case against Caz. Not a detailed one, no WoT from that guy, but a logical one. Which was more than you made, I have to say.

Then why did you vote at all? Oh. Right. The vote was in reaction to Persus' question about your FoS. So, why the FoS at all? Especially given your reasoning for it:

You do realize you could have said that exact same thing without raising any suspicions against yourself simply by just saying it? But you just had to reassure everyone that you're on the Right Side Of This(tm) by making sure everyone knew that you, too, were suspicious of Caz, right?

Aaaaaaand then..... Persus questioned it.

Not enough on the Right Side Of This(tm) then, change that to a vote, with a little weaseling to boot. "Oops! wrong color!" Right...

I'm not convinced you're scum, yet, because you choose targets like a mountain lion in a flock of sheep, but you're making me very suspicious, TheDarkStar.

PPE: Hey! What'd'ya know. Red and blue on the color list are really far apart...
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 09, 2014, 10:05:19 pm »

PFP no time no time

@Urist Imik:
I have to side with DarkStar here, it looks to me like you don't really care who you're lynching UI, and with this vote on DarkStar you're following the momentum you created from the Caz lynch train.  What do you think?

@Tiruin:
Urist Imik is your buddy right?

@Pufferfish:
I know what you did last night.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 09, 2014, 10:23:07 pm »

but I've to ask, from where does the orange portion stem from?

It comes from the simple fact that we mislynched yesterday. Up to five of us (possibly minus scum) were wrong on who we thought the scum were, and Caz was wrong about what IG was too.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 09, 2014, 10:28:36 pm »

@Pufferfish:

Interesting, a roleclaim already? Because of this, you must either be a town tracker or a one-shot tracker (or lying, but fakeclaiming as an investigative role early is nearly impossible to pull off).

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 09, 2014, 10:29:17 pm »

Toony: Mind sharing?

Tiruin: I was in a hurry, and saw two people dead... So SK popped in my head.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 09, 2014, 10:41:32 pm »

If you haven't already seen, there was a hider who might have hid behind the wrong guy (unless he didn't hide and both people were targeted), so there might not be an SK.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 09, 2014, 10:49:35 pm »

@Pufferfish:

Pufferfish: Mind elaborating for ToonyMan. What did you do last night? I tend to believe D2 claims like this because they have a tendency to backfire horrifically if the claimer is lying. Doesn't confirm his townhood, but I have little doubt behind the reason for the vote.

TheDarkStar: Really? Blatant OMGUS? All I've seen from you are reactionary votes when someone calls you on something and lazy explanations for those votes. Please tell us why you're voting for UI. What has he done to come off as scummy to you?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 09, 2014, 10:53:00 pm »

Please tell us why you're voting for UI. What has he done to come off as scummy to you?

As I said, he led us on a mislynch, and I'm worried he'll do it again.

ToonyMan: You've claimed 1-shot tracker or town tracker. What exactly did you see pufferfish do?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 10, 2014, 12:12:06 am »

TDS

That is not the argument I made. Voting for a townie is not a scumtell, because if it was, half the game would be scum.

I voted Caz with a case, actual reasoning, actual substance, and of my own volition.
You voted Caz with no case, no reasoning, no anything, not even fluff, as a direct response to Persus pressuring you about not voting.
And then you have the bright idea to OMGUS me because I voted a townie? You must really want me off your back.

Behold, the coward. The coward does what he feels others want him to do (your vote on Caz) because his primary goal is to not be viewed as a suspect. When this fact is pointed out, the coward does not argue the point (because it's true), but instead tries to deflect attention (and thus suspicion) onto another (in this case, me) in the hope that the pressure will go away. It never works.

Cowardice is nigh-exclusively a scum trait. Town do not want to hide - they want to get in the action and find scum, as doing so is the only way they have of winning. Scum, on the other hand, want to draw as little attention as possible, because their goal is simply to outlast the town.

I was voting to show that I did not disagree with Caz dying (because I thought he was scum at the time). I was wrong, but so were other people.
You gave no reasons. That is the difference between a regular vote and an obvscum bandwagon. Also, stop deflecting onto other people.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I led that lynch?

The only way you could define me to have led that lynch is that I had the strongest case, in which scenario I deem you to have been blindly following the lynch train due to your having no case whatsoever.

So seriously, your actual reasoning, please.

Toony
I have to side with DarkStar here, it looks to me like you don't really care who you're lynching UI, and with this vote on DarkStar you're following the momentum you created from the Caz lynch train.  What do you think?
I think you're quite mistaken and that you need to elaborate (especially the bolded part - what momentum?) so I can tell you exactly how so.

Toony and Native: Pufferfish is pending replacement. I doubt you'll get any response from him.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 10, 2014, 12:41:03 am »

ToonyMan~
@Tiruin:

O_o
wat
...How is he my buddy?

ANSWER ME THEDARKSTAR
Please tell us why you're voting for UI. What has he done to come off as scummy to you?

ToonyMan: You've claimed 1-shot tracker or town tracker. What exactly did you see pufferfish do?
You're blatantly ignoring me.

That said, you're blatantly ignoring me in more games than this.

Reply more, you.

Luckyblackcat

...SK took precedence instead of Vig..why?

On those guys on Pufferfish

Toony and Native: Pufferfish is pending replacement. I doubt you'll get any response from him.
I can back this up guys. Puff left me a note via PMs in the BM he's playing in--but I believe he'll be back soon.

But you've to wait for your responses though (I mean, if he does decide to revoke the replacement OR someone decides to replace in).

PFP

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 10, 2014, 12:59:45 am »

ToonyMan~
@Tiruin:

O_o
wat
...How is he my buddy?

ANSWER ME THEDARKSTAR

You're blatantly ignoring me.

Reply more, you.

Luckyblackcat

...SK took precedence instead of Vig..why?

On those guys on Pufferfish

I can back this up guys. Puff left me a note via PMs in the BM he's playing in--but I believe he'll be back soon.

But you've to wait for your responses though (I mean, if he does decide to revoke the replacement OR someone decides to replace in).

PFP

Because Makeinu talked all about SKs... SO that's the first killing role not maf that appeared in my mind

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2014, 02:00:01 pm »

-snip-
Although everyone accidentally does it occasionally, it's best to not quote huge posts.

I'm still sick, but I'll try to find something to question people about.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 10, 2014, 02:57:01 pm »

ANSWER ME THEDARKSTAR

Reply more, you.

I have this thing called a life that means that I can't be hear every second of the day. If you want my attention, ask me a question; don't just say ANSWER ME NOW.

It's odd how you are making long posts that are simply yelling and that consist of "You're wrong". You seem to be encouraging lynches on people just to get a lynch.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57