Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122216 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #330 on: January 07, 2014, 12:07:27 am »

Persus is votejumping more than TDS today. Make up your mind pls.

Elephant Parade how's your vote on Toony going, and why haven't you had any follow-up or even posted in the last 48 hours?

So someone prods you on voting for a lurker... you jump off them to vote Tiruin for roleclaiming... then a post later you jump back onto another lurker? Odd behaviour. Like you're arbitrarily voting those who appear 'scummy' instead of building a real case to go on.
And I'm supposed to care about what zombie urist thinks because?
I have no reads on people, and I noticed that two lurkers were both voting the same person, two lurkers ZU completely ignored in his little post. Elephant Parade was active more recently, so I have hopes he'll show up and post in the next 24 hours.
I don't see anything about Caz mentioning ZU there, Persus.

Jumpy-jumpy, much?
Caz referred to someone prodding me (which I've bolded for you) which I took in context to mean ZU. By the way, how's scumhunting and what's your case on ZU?

Quote from: Perseus13
Elephant Parade how's your vote on Toony going, and why haven't you had any follow-up or even posted in the last 48 hours?

I keep forgetting to unvote. I'll see the votecount, be about to post, and then get distracted by something.

As for why I haven't done much, I've been a bit busy. I just got a new game system (and games!) so I've been playing those. Also, school just started, so that's a huge cut into my free time.
Yeah, school just started up again for me too, and I'm glad to see you active. What was your case against Toony anyway?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 07, 2014, 12:10:36 am »

So someone prods you on voting for a lurker... you jump off them to vote Tiruin for roleclaiming... then a post later you jump back onto another lurker? Odd behaviour. Like you're arbitrarily voting those who appear 'scummy' instead of building a real case to go on.
I have no reads on people, and I noticed that two lurkers were both voting the same person, two lurkers ZU completely ignored in his little post. Elephant Parade was active more recently, so I have hopes he'll show up and post in the next 24 hours.

Jumpy-jumpy, much?
Caz referred to someone prodding me (which I've bolded for you) which I took in context to mean ZU. By the way, how's scumhunting and what's your case on ZU?

Quote from: Perseus13

I keep forgetting to unvote. I'll see the votecount, be about to post, and then get distracted by something.

As for why I haven't done much, I've been a bit busy. I just got a new game system (and games!) so I've been playing those. Also, school just started, so that's a huge cut into my free time.
Yeah, school just started up again for me too, and I'm glad to see you active. What was your case against Toony anyway?
He hadn't posted much. :-[

At least, I think that was it. I'll have to check.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 07, 2014, 01:02:18 am »

Sorry about being mostly away. I've been playing some new video games, and some other things have been draining my time as well.

I'm (actually, this time) going to go through and look for evidence. I'll be online for at least an hour before I sleep, so feel free to ask me some questions.

Who are your suspects?
Uh... I dunno. I feel a tiny bit suspicious of a few people (Tiruin, Perseus13) but that might be because I just read a few posts accusing them. I'm going to try to reread the entire thing while I check my new replies.

After I do so, I will give you a better answer.
"Might" sounds like an understatement. Why were you exactly suspicious of those people? Because of...a few others accusing them?

How does that make sense?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 07, 2014, 01:05:16 am »

Sorry about being mostly away. I've been playing some new video games, and some other things have been draining my time as well.

I'm (actually, this time) going to go through and look for evidence. I'll be online for at least an hour before I sleep, so feel free to ask me some questions.

Who are your suspects?
Uh... I dunno. I feel a tiny bit suspicious of a few people (Tiruin, Perseus13) but that might be because I just read a few posts accusing them. I'm going to try to reread the entire thing while I check my new replies.

After I do so, I will give you a better answer.
"Might" sounds like an understatement. Why were you exactly suspicious of those people? Because of...a few others accusing them?

How does that make sense?
I tend to be influenced by things I read, especially when I'm tired. Also, it was a tiny, tiny, tiny suspicion. I wanted to answer the question, though I suppose I did that in my next post anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 07, 2014, 01:18:34 am »

That doesn't exactly, or even specifically answer my question. I can't see the 'why' other than 'I may be tired so I'm influenced by what I read.'

Which logically doesn't even match up with what you just said earlier by 'I suspect these people because I read a few posts accusing them'.

I believe that means you believed those posts, huh. Expound for me.

What exact posts were those, and why did you believe them? Just for granted? Given that tiny suspicion, what keeps you from suspecting...oh, anyone else?

Seems pretty lax.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2014, 01:26:02 am »

I was busy all day.  I'll try to post tomorrow when it isn't past midnight.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2014, 01:30:05 am »

That doesn't exactly, or even specifically answer my question. I can't see the 'why' other than 'I may be tired so I'm influenced by what I read.'

Which logically doesn't even match up with what you just said earlier by 'I suspect these people because I read a few posts accusing them'.

I believe that means you believed those posts, huh. Expound for me.

What exact posts were those, and why did you believe them? Just for granted? Given that tiny suspicion, what keeps you from suspecting...oh, anyone else?

Seems pretty lax.
I've been busy lately, so I'm not really in the zone. The posts accusing you and Perseus were the most recent ones I read, and they made sense, so I believed them. I will attempt to produce them shortly.

As for what keeps me from suspecting anybody else, nothing. Look up a few posts. I just accused Urist Imiknorris. Again, I was rather busy, and didn't suspect others because nothing really jumped out at me at the time.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2014, 01:33:23 am »

I found them! Two of them, anyway.

Jumpy-jumpy, much?
Tiruin, why are you hinting about your role D1? And why are you claiming vanilla town? That just seems really odd to me.
Again, I was tired, and not really in the loop yet. I'll be forming my own opinions now.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 07, 2014, 02:27:01 am »

Caz:
What scraps?
Saying I'm lying about something that doesn't really make sense in context.
Except it does. You claimed you didn't vote because you didn't want to tie the vote, but if you had voted any of the people you claimed to suspect at the time, you wouldn't have tied the vote, therefore (given that there was a votecount pretty soon before that post) you either made up your suspect list on the spot in response to my question or didn't want to be seen tying the vote in your favor (and then lied about it).

TheDarkStar - nervous voting as usual, doesn't seem to be as aggressive as scum, maybe bc it's early game and he's still confident, but w/e. null
Explain, especially the bolded part.

Persus13: What's your case on Elephant Parade? I don't see one.

Superblackcat: Why are you trolling Tiruin? Also, please explain in more detail how Caz's posting is getting worse.

Elephant Parade:
Urist Imiknorris, all of your posts are either rhetorical questions/answers (accusing somebody based on a logical error) or accusing people for not scumhunting properly. Though this may sound a bit hypocritical due to my lack of posts, I only have a few, while you have many.

If I missed a post that does not fall into those two groups, I apologize. I am tired, and speed-reading while tired tends to result in somewhat poor comprehension.
Real life's been giving me issues, this day is a clusterfuck, D1 in general sucks for me, and I've been gone for a year, so I freely admit I'm nowhere near my best. I found a strong lead with Caz, and am sticking with it because there's really no way he can be telling the truth. In the meantime, I'm looking for other leads.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2014, 03:41:33 am »

Sorry, net's been flaky for a bit, and post-holidays are starting to buzz buzz with activity here as well.

If it does turn out to be the lurkers joined up together, I'll be pissed. I used to go for the "lynch all lurkers" idea before the "there's better people to lynch than lurkers" strategy came around. Getting us all to argue for pages upon pages while they sit back and pick us off.

Bargle. He does make a good point, and that would be convenient, and frustrating. Though, I'm not sure how strong the case might be, given neither presented much of a reason to vote that way. Bah...

Tiruin:

Tiruin: SK? Power role of some kind. Vague role-claim seems to indicate anyway. Seems assured of presence of certain scum roles. Very hard to read, as always, easily agitated. Press D2. Null.
I'm actually Vanilla town. How surprising.[/snark]

WHERE do I seem assured?! I recall asking you exactly to state it before (or was that in Paranormal), but if you've to present this kind of read, I'm surely interested at where you pull it out.

Also I'm more agitated at how my connection goes than at anyone else's shallow comments and beliefs on me this game--they seem to want to provoke aggression more than not.

And press me now, bucko. Nothing's stopping you.

1) That was early-day notes, didn't get updated later. So, no, I don't see the need to press more now. I can, if you want, but you have this way of dismissing pressure as not being backed by arguments, even when they are.

2) Your wording early on gave me the distinct impression not of speculation about present roles. Rereading, trying to learn you because you're hard to parse, has led me to reconsider that conclusion.

3) That was Paranormal, dear. Bad enough SBC is cross-quoting things from other games. SBC, the Uncanny Valley bit was in BM.

That statement is more of flavoring than not to anything else you've said. Cutting out these pleonasms gives the gist of 'I'm suspecting Tiruin because stuffs.' wherein the vagueness is implicit. Excuse given, though, that its a natural reaction.

However the degree of how you repeat it is very interesting. Why can't you just ask me instead of speculating IN MY FACE as if I'm a variable instead of A PERSON.

:D I learnded a new word I'll never use in conversation...  :-\

I did ask you, repeatedly. Do you not remember all that back and forth? It was pretty extensive.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2014, 04:01:23 am »

NativeForeigner needs prodding as well.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2014, 12:18:44 pm »

Except it does. You claimed you didn't vote because you didn't want to tie the vote, but if you had voted any of the people you claimed to suspect at the time, you wouldn't have tied the vote, therefore (given that there was a votecount pretty soon before that post) you either made up your suspect list on the spot in response to my question or didn't want to be seen tying the vote in your favor (and then lied about it).
Didn't do either. You're letting one small thing become huge and cloud your judgement.

Explain, especially the bolded part.
It's just dumb meta. I probably shouldn't have included it.

Bargle. He does make a good point, and that would be convenient, and frustrating. Though, I'm not sure how strong the case might be, given neither presented much of a reason to vote that way. Bah...
Who vote which way?

Imperial Guardsman: Are you going to explain yourself or what?! You've done NOTHING useful this entire game.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2014, 12:29:01 pm »

Caz, my mind is made up, you are incredibly scummy, and unless you happen to be an Innocent Child, which I severly doubt, you are being lynched. You have been acting incredibly scummy and havent contributed anything to any conversation that doesnt involve your defense.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 07, 2014, 12:32:14 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: Persus13
Persus13: zombie urist
Tiruin:
TheDarkStar:
Superblackcat:
Pufferfish:
Imperial Guardsman: NativeForeigner, Caz
zombie urist: Tiruin
makeinu:
Urist Imiknorris: Elephant Parade
ToonyMan: Pufferfish
NativeForeigner:
Caz: Imperial Guardsman, Urist Imiknorris, ToonyMan, makeinu

No Lynch:

Not Voting: Superblackcat, TheDarkStar

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 1/7 at 11 PM EST, about 10 1/2 hours from this post.

NativeForeigner and Imperial Guardsman have been prodded.  PPE:  Never mind on half that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 07, 2014, 12:33:13 pm »

and unless you happen to be an Innocent Child

What?

, which I severly doubt, you are being lynched. You have been acting incredibly scummy and havent contributed anything to any conversation that doesnt involve your defense.

So, no reason than "you are scummy". Right.

I think there's a better lynch candidate today than me, here.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57