Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340574 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, he still has Nadarr, Cromwell and Weston to go through. Now granted, I don't think any of them are what one could call diplomatically built, so this is probably going to end in bloodshed.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Symon takes a few moments to compose himself, closing his eyes and muttering a few prayers to Bahamut underneath his breath. Finally he opens them and says, "My parents didn't teach me anything, since I am an orphan. But the monks who raised me taught me not to be truthful in all things, so I will say that I died on the expedition and came back to life through the will of Bahamut. As such my memory of events in the fortress is quite hazy, and I am unable to shed any light on what happened." He shrugs apologetically and adds, almost as an afterthought, "But as you seem to be ridiculing and threatening us, your manner would make me hesitate to tell you anything that I know."

((I have absolutely no clue what would be rolled here, but Symon has terrible Charisma so whatever is rolled is going to be terrible anyways. So... DM's discretion? Or let's not roll anything because he's not bluffing or trying to be diplomatic? This is going to turn out badly either way, I know it.))
((Not one stutter! Symon's grown so much... And truth be told, you're not really lying, as you were dead for half of it.))

He lets out a half grin before letting go of Symon.

"I cannot deny that to be true.

Fine then. I will search for this comrade of yours in the abyss and find my master's ring.

Oh. And for your incompetence, you can be certain that my master will not take this lightly. I may be merciful on this day, but he will not give you a second chance.

Goodbye then."

He drops a vial of something before his metal arm extends and grabs Nadarr's neck and his fist begins to grow in size as the mechanical parts expand!

"One more thing..."

The vial hits the ground and you can't see anything, but you hear a mechanical press and then a CRUNCH as Nadarr feels his head getting pile drived into the ground. As the mist fades, Olon is gone, but Nadarr lays on the ground, unhurt (damage wise) but very sore, and VERY insulted. The area around Nadarr's head is indented in deep, straight through the solid stone and compressing the very dirt itself, but Olon is gone before you could do anything. People start running outside to see what is happening as they see the dragonborn stand back up and the party gathers itself. It is late in the evening now.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

"Let's find a place to stay at. I think I've had enough adventure in the past month for the next decade. As for the house, it would seem that a writing it under a different name will be beneficial. Thankfully I can easily arrange that if you folks are interested."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl helps dust Nadarr off and looks around carefully for any signs of someone left behind to watch them.

"Agreed. And good luck to Olon if he does find Alexander in the Abyss. I don't give him good odds. As for the house, I might be interested in investing in a new structure. Who knows, it might be handy to have a place to stay when I come this way.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nadarr's features tremble as he tries to contain his rage. Finally, he approaches a wall and punches it, pretending it is Olon's face. Bloody. Mechanical. Bastard.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Well, he still has Nadarr, Cromwell and Weston to go through. Now granted, I don't think any of them are what one could call diplomatically built, so this is probably going to end in bloodshed.))
((Actually Weston has a very high Bluff skill and fairly high Intimidate. Wild Sorcerers are built off of CHA, after all.))

"Soooo...I take it he's displeased about something?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I should mention that the price of a room at the inn by where you're at is 2gp per person. Food costs 2sp per meal))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((That's rather expensive but probably worth the bed. 30 days worth of staying at an inn would be about 200+ gold. Don't remind me if it's for living all year-round.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:38:04 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That's rather expensive but probably worth the bed. 30 days worth of staying at an inn would be about 200+ gold. Don't remind me if it's for living all year-round.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((You're in a town of thieves and crooks. Its not surprising if some things get overpriced here))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Symon shrugs and says to Weston, "We said that failed at the task he gave us, which seems to be quite important to him and his master. Why wouldn't he be displeased at us? We should be asking instead why he is so displeased at us failing the task, so that he threatens and insults us." Obviously Symon has no idea why Olon is so angry at them, so he cannot answer his own question. Nor does he have any ideas on how to solve this mystery behind Olon and the ring, so he just shrugs again.

((To be fair Symon did die, meet his god, have evil purged out of his body/soul, was marked as Bahamut's champion and returned to life. Of course he would mature. Also I'm glad that someone finally realized that Symon stopped stuttering.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Olon was egging on you still being a pansy. Sadly for him, you grew up.

Also, does any character have a birthday they actually listed? Since there will be time lapses probably for the next little bit, it wouldn't hurt to know.

One last thing, who's staying at the inn and who's following Aurel to his sex dungeon basement??))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((On Symon's stuttering, I had noticed that, but I was waiting to see if it was a continuing pattern or a 'shock' effect from his resurrection that would fade again. Welcome to the land of the confident speakers, Symon. :)

On age: Through the power of random.org, Karl was born on the 3rd of Highsun.))

Karl makes his way to the inn and negotiates the price of the rooms and the meals, angling for a group discount. After dinner, he retires to his room and makes his prayers to the Raven Queen, and an extra one asking that his mother be happy in her afterlife.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:21:25 am by Hanzoku »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

As Karl bargains, Nadarr turns on his lamp.

((It gives a plus to bargaining right?))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As Karl bargains, Nadarr turns on his lamp.

((It gives a plus to bargaining right?))
The other patrons tell you to turn your damn light off indoors! ((No, perception and insight))

The innkeeper thinks about Karl's offer and says 8gp for all 5 of you (pretty much giving one of you a free room). As for the meals, he goes for 7sp. It doesn't seem he'll go lower

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl pays for rooms and meals for everyone, and makes a mental note to collect from the others later.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 344