Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340568 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Okay, where'd you get that spider thing? the Book of Vile Darkness?))

Karl winces at Aurel's description. "Poor woman, I'm sorry for your loss." he said somberly. "As for my obligation, it's luckily a simple one. My father awaits word of the recovery of our family heirloom still. I was to return weeks ago, however our dealing with the Necromancer turned out to be something of a delay. Now, I at least need to send him word of its recovery, though I would prefer to return and more formally ask to retain possession of it."
((The thing's a baby, so expect it to grow.

And no, this thing is another monstrosity I made myself. And if I told you what I based it off of, you'll know immediately all the !!!FUN!!! that will ensue. I also realized almost half the things the party needs to do involves going to Waterdeep...

A) Blackstaff Tower is there
B) As he's recovering from "dying", Elminster is residing in Waterdeep
C) Karl's got stuff to do back home

Also, I realized that karl would know Tarmalune since Waterdeep and Tarmalune both are rival townships. I also should mention that I didn't expect it this far and I REALLY should have looked up places before posting  :-[ ))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((So not only do me and Karl share the same goddess but our homelands have a rivalry going on? Talk about coincidences.

Seems we'll be going to Waterdeep first and then Tarmalune.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Unless 4e changed some things, Karl is Amnian. Waterdeep is a neighboring city-state, but if I recall they aren't the best of friends with Amn.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Unless 4e changed some things, Karl is Amnian. Waterdeep is a neighboring city-state, but if I recall they aren't the best of friends with Amn.))
((Waterdeep is a city state, but its not a part of Amn. The map actually shows that there's a long distance between Amn and Waterdeep, especially considering Baldur's Gate is in between them. If Amn extends the entirety of Baldur's Gate and Waterdeep, then Amn is REALLY big.

Here's a map I edited to show Crimmor and Waterdeep in orange and Bladur's Gate in red:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's going to be intersting...))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((back during the time of the Baldur's Gate games, Baldur's Gate had some influence perhaps as far south as Candlekeep, but was really more concentrated closer to itself. Waterdeep extended to... Daggerford maybe? Amn's influence northward ended at the Cloud Peaks mountains, but they extended south and east a fair amount. I haven't really kept up what happened with the whole spellplague, but I understood that it was supposed to cause most of the nations to collapse inward.))

Karl frowns as he calculates the distance and time of year. "My family's lands are a good week away to the east, assuming good weather and the monsters not swarming more then they normally do. However, it sounds like we may need to try to meet with the Blackstaff in Waterdeep about this ring. That probably means traveling back to Athkatla and purchasing passage on a merchant bound for Waterdeep with the fall trade."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Let me read up on it. I'll get back to you guys when I can.

In the meantime, what does Weston say about the whole thing since Cromwell is still off in the land of inactivity?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((After we deal with Olon and Karl's stuff I think it's a good idea to go do some dungeon delving and adventures so we level up a bit before moving on.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Let me read up on it. I'll get back to you guys when I can.

In the meantime, what does Weston say about the whole thing since Cromwell is still off in the land of inactivity?))
((Frankly I'm not even sure what's going on. Too many spoilers, too much lore I know nothing about, and I'm pretty sure Weston knows jack about this ring and has no reason to care.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((Basically say if you want to hide the ring, bring the ring to Olon, or run off with Aurel.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Should I take the assumption the party sells all the shit and then goes see Olon after hiding the ring in the basement?))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((Yea, no other option I can see))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((In character, Karl wanted to avoid getting Weston involved in what he suspected would be some fairly nasty business around the ring. In fact, until Aurel and Symon came back, he and Nadarr were the last ones who even knew they were originally there to retrieve the ring. Now, of course, Weston is involved anyway, so that didn't really work out well.

And yes, that sounds like the best assumption. I'd still say sticking the ring in Symon's backpack before hiding it there might give it an extra bit of 'hard to find' on the magical side of things.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((So hide it in the backpack, give it to Aurel to put in the basement?))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sounds good to me))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Give me the Ring in the backpack and I shall put it in the basement where I'm confident there's security. Then we can meet Olon."
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 344