Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340528 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Karl pays for rooms and meals for everyone, and makes a mental note to collect from the others later.

You make note and the party rests for the night. Symon prays to Bahamut before he rests and Karl prays for his mother. Aurel returns to his basement and rests.

In the nest morning the party eats and gathers.

No matter what direction the party goes, its North. Karl's family stead is along the way to Waterdeep along with a bit of a hike east near the Werewoods. With mounts, you guess Karl's 7 day hike will take no more then three days (especially since it won't rain so much as it is nearing the middle of fall). Upon this morning, you notice that Olon's cart is still stabled but under the party's name with a note:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damnit Olon...

((Ok, so party agrees to go to Karl's stead first, right?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Okay, so who doesn't want to use his cart and horse? We can probably sell them and then buy new ones at 70% return rate.

I'm up to going to Karl's place.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I say check them for Mage's Mark or other methods of tracking them. If they exist, I agree, let's sell them and get some that are truly our own.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nadarr looks the cart over for any tinkering, magical or otherwise. He turns on his lamp to help.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nadarr looks the cart over for any tinkering, magical or otherwise. He turns on his lamp to help.
The stable boy, obviously hung over and sleepy, tells you to turn your damn light off.

(?) you find no magical marks. You do notice that flipping the note reveals a viscous and glaring symbol of a red eye glaring at you. It looks avian-like and angered. Feeling it's marked, you toss the note away after Nadarr burns it.

((So to Karl's place then I assume?))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((Sounds good to me))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 89 Days Remain...
« Reply #5046 on: June 04, 2015, 11:14:39 am »

((My agreement to that.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: June 04, 2015, 11:53:05 am »

The party starts making their way towards Karl's Home. (?) You don't run into anything on the way there, and soon, Karl sees his family's lands on the third day. As you make it there, you hear sounds of battle, and as you start quickening your pace, the battle ends as you see a man in rather ornate armor bearing a coat of arms that shows a gem, a sword and a cresent moon carrying a longsword in one hand and a shield in the other. He's surrounded by footsoldiers that are soaked in blood, and several fallen nearby. You can tell the one in ornate armor is the leader commanding them and must not have joined in the battle. You see before them are the bodies of orcs and goblins surround their feet. The footmen collapse n exhaustion and before he notices Karl, the man commands them.

"Come on men! There's more out there! Father told us there's an orc chieftain out there and I want his head!"

They look reluctant but they seem to have renewed strength. He turns and sees Karl and after a slight hint of shock, he smiles and waves his blade.

"Karl! Good to see you! Father sent me out to go deal some orcs that some of the locals here told us of. I assume your return means you finally found our sword?"

((I should mention he looks and acts like a warlord))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: June 05, 2015, 01:27:27 am »

Karl returns the wave with an open hand, noting his brother's immaculate armor and weapon, a stark contrast to the men around him. "Hail, Freidrich, a well fought victory to you and your men. I was indeed successful, and must discuss our family relic with Father. But what is this of an orc chieftian in the area?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: June 05, 2015, 01:57:37 pm »

Karl returns the wave with an open hand, noting his brother's immaculate armor and weapon, a stark contrast to the men around him. "Hail, Freidrich, a well fought victory to you and your men. I was indeed successful, and must discuss our family relic with Father. But what is this of an orc chieftian in the area?"
"A band of orc raiders came by not too long ago. They burned down some of the farms nearby and killed about two dozen innocents. We've been hunting them all day and we haven't stopped. I don't like resting knowing there's an Orc band not far from here. Luckily, I think I know where they are. They're out somewhere in the werewoods. Trying to keep hidden from us."

"Sir, we've been fighting Orcs since sunrise. We need rest."

One of the footmen, who looks exhausted to the point of collapsing, stands up leaning on his shortsword like an old man leans on his cane.

"Nonsense! I won't stop until we've hunted them down."

((Right... Forgot that Symon is the only one who bothered to take perception...))

(?) Symon hears one of the footmen mumble something about him not even putting in the effort

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: June 05, 2015, 02:03:39 pm »

Karl looks at the exhausted and bloodied group of men and nods "Your man has a point, Brother. They won't do our family proud when they're about ready to drop from weariness. Why don't you lead me and my companions to these orcs, and together we can put an end to them."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: June 05, 2015, 06:21:33 pm »

Karl looks at the exhausted and bloodied group of men and nods "Your man has a point, Brother. They won't do our family proud when they're about ready to drop from weariness. Why don't you lead me and my companions to these orcs, and together we can put an end to them."
He agrees and the seven of you start searching for the orcs stealthily. (?) Since none of you are trained in nature, its difficult to find them at all. (?) You find them alright, but you watch as a wereboar rips one apart with his tusks as the orcs fight the beast. The chieftan turns and sees you approach and curses in giant.

The wereboar takes this opportunity to gore another Orc as they turn to look at you. Another orc falls, leaving 4 orcs and the chieftan alive.

There are three dead orcs around the Wereboar.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...
« Reply #5052 on: June 06, 2015, 06:21:37 am »

Karl draws his sword and watches the combat with interest. "Well, if that wereboar wants to soften them up for us, I don't see a problem with that."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: June 06, 2015, 06:29:18 pm »

The Chieftan goes next, hacking at the Wereboar! His axe lands, hurting the wereboar a bit!

Aurel begins his turn!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: June 07, 2015, 04:33:54 am »

Draws weapons and looks around for shade. Keeps waiting for them to fight it.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 344