Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341088 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Caverns
« Reply #4380 on: August 12, 2014, 01:39:38 pm »

((there are some cases where I deliberately skew the initiative rolls for certain reasons. It's usually for that moment of "HOLY S***! This guy means business!"

I'll post when I get home, just got to work))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: August 12, 2014, 01:51:24 pm »

Nadarr grunts as he is told((Presumably :P)) what Nimue said.

The dead often leave coins in their pockets, and rings upon their hands.

If he sees a rocky out crop near the entrance, he throws rope (If there isn't enough rope, he'll tie the chain to it) and throws it round the outcrop. If need be, he will also use his wings/jump to get high enough.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: August 13, 2014, 09:58:52 pm »

((If Cave Croc 3 took a bite at Alexander or his tamed crocodile, he took holy damage for ignoring Karl's challenge.

Also, no problem, home life, getting over illness and job searching all take priority, so take whatever time you need.))

Karl flexes his wrist to get the tingling out after bouncing his sword off the crocodile's iron-hard scales. "Let's give this another go, shall we? Now, pay attention, or suffer the consequences."

Standard: Valorous Smite on Cave Crocodile 3

((My next character is a ranger, I swear. So many attacks in one round...))
You strike at the cave croc! (17+9) You hit, dealing (7+8+5) damage!

((That would also make it worth having a good initiative. As well as something to do with empty actions. The only thing that ticks me off a bit is that an agile boss would almost always be first in the initiative [and sometimes our lives would depend on the initiative]. But it is more realistic truly. Wouldn't it create more work for you though?

I haven't even used the maximum of attacks I can since that needs a bit of setting up + action point. Only downside is if you don't hit, heh. [Reminds me of the first encounter where I stumbled and dropped my weapon >.<))

If it's still alive after Karl's turn:

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Cave Crocodile 3
Standard: Twin Strike on Cave Crocodile 3
Move to Minor: Off-Hand Strike on Cave Crocodile 3

ELSE

Try to tame the Cave Crocodile that's fighting mine.

You activate your quarry on the cave croc and then strike! (10+10) You just hit, dealing (1+1) damage on the first hit, causing the cave croc to die!

Your tamed cave crocodile attempts to clamp down again! He hits, dealing (14) damage! Cave croc2 attempts to break free! He fails to do so and attacks the last cave croc but dies after taking (3+3) damage!

You both gain 265xp. The last cave croc swims up with the dead cave croc in its maw and starts eating it. From how quickly and greedily it eats, and the fact its eating its own kind, you can tell its VERY hungry

ELSEWHERE...

Nadarr grunts as he is told((Presumably :P)) what Nimue said.

The dead often leave coins in their pockets, and rings upon their hands.

If he sees a rocky out crop near the entrance, he throws rope (If there isn't enough rope, he'll tie the chain to it) and throws it round the outcrop. If need be, he will also use his wings/jump to get high enough.
You find a rock that hangs out a bit. You toss a rope up (?) but you don't get the other end of it

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: August 14, 2014, 03:07:20 am »

Karl wipes the blood off his sword and looks around, figuring that the crocodiles were the main predators of this particular lake. As he passes Alexander's hungry, hungry crocodile, he gives it a wide berth.

"I'm not sure how you made friends with it so quickly, but were you planning to bring it along?" Karl asks.

Look around the lake cavern for any treasure or exits.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: August 14, 2014, 03:29:28 am »

"Well, ehh, got any food on you? Maybe a snack or two for your hound? I think it'd be more disposed to come with us if I told it more of that would come if it tags along. Talking about your hound, how much is it like a dog? Can it smell? Specifically a scaly dragonborn who we both know?"

Kicks the other dead cave croc to mine.

"Here boy, a bit more if you're that hungry. See, it feels good to be on the winning side, doesn't it?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: August 14, 2014, 05:28:29 am »

((That's a good question, did Karl's hound fall with them and survive the fall' or did he dissapate?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: August 14, 2014, 05:32:08 am »

((That's a good question, did Karl's hound fall with them and survive the fall' or did he dissapate?))

((I was under the impression that after the extended rest, your hound went away and you haven't summoned it ever since. I recall the DM saying that during extended rests that would be the case [though I imagine there are exceptions if you specify ([example: scout, protect or any continuous job.])]))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: August 14, 2014, 06:35:16 am »

Grumble and try repeatedly until it works.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: August 14, 2014, 07:29:41 am »

((That's a good point!))

Karl summons his hound and tries to have it search for the scent of others in the area. While that happens, he looks in his bag for his bedroll - perhaps it still smells a bit like Nadarr after he used it while sick.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: August 14, 2014, 08:28:35 am »

((That's a good point!))

Karl summons his hound and tries to have it search for the scent of others in the area. While that happens, he looks in his bag for his bedroll - perhaps it still smells a bit like Nadarr after he used it while sick.
((I'm not home, but I don't think we'll need many rolls for a bit))

You summon your hound and have him sniff the bedroll. Although you remember it doesn't smell of Nadarr, but goblin. Luckily, the hound picks up a scent and you follow it. You make it to the other end and follow a tunnel and make it out without any problems. He starts to sniff when you smell smoke and the hound stops for a bit because of the fumes messing with his senses. You follow along a second tunnel he led you to and you manage to see light on the other side coming from an alcove. You just get a glimpse of rope going up a rock and getting pulled back down repeatedly. The hound scratches it's nose from the very strong scent of burnt flesh and smoke. You assume it immediately to be Nadarr and Weston from the smoke and the owl hovering overhead. Within twenty minutes, you make it back with the others, though Nimue spots you halfway there.

Grumble and try repeatedly until it works.
You keep tossing the rope up and failing. You then turn around as Nimue screeches and see the others have found you, followed by a large cave crocodile. He still looks hungry after eating two of its dead kin, and eyes you greedily as it smells Elthia's food in your bag.

Thoradin laughs as he sees the others return, and downs some booze heartily in rejoice! ((Due to the fact of how weak the booze is and how high Thoradin's endurance is against booze, I'm not rolling this))

You all feel a deep tremor from a distance away. Now there are ~5 ways to go that the party knows as a whole; the ones that Thoradin and Cromwell went through that Alexander and Karl didn't come out of, the cave the two found along the way, and to return to the gate (which is still closed and no mechanisms were found)

The hound stills seems to be attempting to search with it's nose, but it cannot smell with the scent of smoke and a burnt dead body in the air...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: August 14, 2014, 09:51:31 am »

Curtly greet everyone, eye the croc warily, and ask if anyone has a grappling hook he could use.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: August 14, 2014, 10:31:21 am »

Check if I have a grappling hook from my climber's kit and give it to Nadarr.

"Dragonborn, could you give me some of the food you give your pet to me to give to this little fella? I think he might come in handy with the river and other bodies of water. He's harmless, believe me."

Looks at Isbat warily and turns again.

"Have you seen the boy Symon by the way? I could've sworn he would've also fallen in with somebody."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:42:23 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: August 14, 2014, 10:42:07 am »

Nadarr inclines his head to Alexander and thanks him for the hook. He then gives him as much food as he wants for the croc.

One good turn deserves another.

He then tries to climb into the alcove with the hook and rope.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: August 14, 2014, 10:48:51 am »

Notices the lack of an answer about Symon and turns to Isbat to eye him wholly.

"Great! Another maniac joins the group!"

Alexander then goes and feeds as well as plays with the croc while the party decides what to do.

"Who's a good boy? Oh yes you are. Don't worry boy, stick around long enough and you'll never grow hungry. See these scary men over here? That weird one over there that looks like he's both annoyed and bored? He has a friend you could play around with. No eating though. Same goes for the other scaly one's friend. Who knows, you might be related to him yourself. No eating random animals either, boy. If you do that we'll both be in trouble and no food for you. Understand? Attaboy."

Perception check on the Cave Crocodile

((Meaning I abstain from voting where to go.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:52:27 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: August 14, 2014, 12:01:38 pm »

Notices the lack of an answer about Symon and turns to Isbat to eye him wholly.

"Great! Another maniac joins the group!"

Do I really look like a manic to you?
Isbat looks down at himself to see if he looks crazy
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 344