Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341058 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Caverns
« Reply #4410 on: August 14, 2014, 06:00:05 pm »

((I'm going to remind everyone to take second winds... So many actions but not a second to sit down and heal. Seriously, Weston is at 5hp and can use the 15-20 minutes to get his health back to full))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: August 14, 2014, 06:06:29 pm »

Nadarr grunts and turns around at the dog's barking.

He who does not follow the instinct of something with better instincts is a fool.

He turns to follow the dog.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: August 14, 2014, 07:26:42 pm »

I think that im going follow that hound its got a better sense of smell then i do

Follows the hound

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: August 14, 2014, 07:29:15 pm »

You are coming with us, then? Presumptuous of a stranger.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: August 14, 2014, 07:32:39 pm »

You are coming with us, then? Presumptuous of a stranger.

Of course if youll let me  , going with you guys has to be better then fumbling about in the dark alone.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: August 14, 2014, 07:38:42 pm »

Nadarr shrugs.

If you want to come, I see no reason why not. One good turn deserves another, and you were brave standing up to the undead spider.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: August 15, 2014, 12:06:32 am »

((Going to assume you guys heal, as this trek takes ~an hour))

The party follows the hound. You come across a large expanse that you assume to be the main section of the caverns, as it is the biggest section you have seen, and Nimue can fly high enough to the point that she can no longer see the light of the torch and still be able to fly up for a good distance. You then notice a breach in what appears to be a natural column in the far distance with very light emanating from it. The hound barks at it. You take nine steps closer to it and you hear the sounds of cackling as a wall of dark shadows ensnares the opening, preventing your escape. You are then greeted with a voice that Alexander alone recognizes:"Did you really think you could enter the place where I harvest the dead and expect to walk away without meeting some of my greatest works? Come, my pet! Feast upon the flesh of the new bloods!"

The earth quakes! (16+4) (20+2) (3+3) (11-3) (13+4) (?) (4+3) Nadarr, Cromwell, Isbat and Thoradin manage to keep their balance as Weston, Karl and Alexander fall over from lack of balance as the great burrowing creature breaks through from the earth before you! It bellows as it remains buried halfway underground still, but flailing enough to launch rocks and soil everywhere! Luckily, none of them are large enough to do real damage, but the soil dirties everyone's clothing/armor/cloaks. You get a good look at the creature now, and you regret ever laying your eyes upon it. You can tell its some hybrid again of necromancy and shadow magic, but here, its perfected. You can see the missing gapes of flesh and bone that are usually the weak points of undead, filled in with a dark aura that seems to suck out all light around you. If it wasn't for Nadarr's staff, there wouldn't be a good glimpse at the creature's head. Its maw is split into three parts, decayed feathers running down its back and the top of its head, and each section of its maw riddled with teeth that are no bigger then shortswords. Sitting on top of it is a faint red light glowing and standing on it is a familiar figure in a red cloak.

"Miss me already? Give me one good reason to not sic this beast on you and I'll make sure you die first!"

He stands with a sick, madness filled grin as he stands, his cloak flapping from the force and gusts made from the debris flying about. His fangs are barred and he holds now a rapier on one hand and a dagger with a holy symbol of a diety no one can recognize from your distance away. Karl feels a great horror befall his heart at the very sight of the symbol, but cannot see what it is. You can tell it isn't Orcus but its outline, but its something equal, or maybe even more fell then the power of the Demon Prince of Undeath. Alexander hears whispers that sound like a thousand screaming voices pierce his ears. You can't tell from the sound drowning out your ears, but you make a scream of pain as you cover your ears. Alexander is deafened until farther notice. Aurel grins deeper as he notices one fewer in the main group.

"So the child of Bahamut has fallen... Excellent... Cotl, deal with them while I work my magic..."

He fades into a hundred bats and then disappears into the darkness as the crimson light fades. The beast roars, barring its mighty maw and the party prepares for a great battle! Thoradin can't help but laugh as his axe is drawn as the rest of you unsheath your weapons and implements.

"I don't know about the rest of ye, but I don' feel like meetin' the gods today. Songs will be sung of the seven who slayed the great feathered serpent."

((I want a response for Karl's feat choice in case it increases initiative, etc. Don't worry, this is winnable, but you're going to have to think outside of conventional D&D... And also, ENTER THE TESTING FORM OF THE "NEW" INITIATIVE SYSTEM! That way it isn't Wurm->party->wurm->party all the time))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: August 15, 2014, 07:36:20 am »

((So we're waiting for Karl's feat choice before we start off? Okay.))

Alexander screams afterwards, not knowing how to talk normally anymore due to being deafened:

"Unleash your full artillery on the creature! Burn the feathers, mages! Anybody with a sun enhanced weapon hit it as hardest as you can where you think it'll do good! Karl, tell you hound to circle around and take its attention as best as it can alongside my croc. Thoradin, aim for the bones, it's an undead creature in the end and crippling it is the best choice. Everyboy throw some sunrods around it as well so we can see better. If all else fails, strike the mouth or try to make the cavern fall down on it! Don't tell me anything as I can't hear you!"

Alexander then shuts out all outside stimuli, focusing on the creature, enveloped by silence in his mind but starts to curse heavily and morbidly in Deep Speech. Saying things that he hopes the creature or anybody that might be listening might understand. It is obvious that Alexander's anger is inflamed. As for why it is... nobody in the party knows.

((So far bringing the cavern wall down on it seems best, but I have no idea how to do that as I don't think we have any explosion-based magic. And to top it off, Aurel's using magic which will show up at one time or another, which means we might acquire victory, for it to only be pyrhhic.))
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 07:40:43 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: August 15, 2014, 08:22:35 am »

((Could you remind me what the troll head does?))

Draw the head.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: August 15, 2014, 08:47:49 am »

((Feat choice and statups are sent to highmax. I'm wondering how the new initative system will play out...

I'm also wondering at the moment how we're to step out of AD&D mechanics to win this one. Let's see how this goes.))

Karl scrambles to his feet, drawing his sword and shield. He ignores Alexander's order however. "Stay close, Siga, and guard me."

He starts walking towards the forgotten beast, heart pounding in denied fear. As he brings up his sword, he roars out his challenge.

"Creature of shadow and death! Face me, for I am the Raven Queen's champion in this place! I oppose and deny all that you are! For the Goddess, I will bring you to true death!"

((Goes to find some boss battle music to play. And I seriously hope Aurel and shadow-Symon don't show up for this.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: August 15, 2014, 08:53:13 am »

((I don't think the head does anything, mastah.

And as for Symon, Nadarr burned him to make sure he didn't come back. Who knows how that'll play out.))

Stays close to Karl but looking for a sweet spot to hit whilst the Cave Croc eats at it.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: August 15, 2014, 08:55:13 am »

((Probably as a cloud of smoke that will appear to smother and kill us. *Sigh*))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: August 15, 2014, 10:26:08 am »

((Anyone else ever worry about the eventual shadow party we'll run into? We've only fought and rekilled Xeron and Bouchart if I recall correctly, which leaves Grot, Archuther, Aurel and potentially Symon if burning him to ash doesn't stop the process.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: August 15, 2014, 10:31:15 am »

((Gonzou was never fought? You guys left his body back in Amn))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: August 15, 2014, 10:37:15 am »

((He never met them so it makes sense for him not to be one. After all, if that wasn't the case, then what stops the shadows from taking whoever died at whatever reason?))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 344