Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 343086 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): On the Road Again
« Reply #2535 on: April 03, 2014, 02:04:53 am »

((Sorry, but given we are playing a forum game across a number of different timezones, I think some assuming is necessary. We can always work out 'wait, but I...' situations.))

((I completely agree with Hanzoku. We could always do what you want, Highmax28, but as I have previously said, it will definitely slow the game down to a near halt. D&D games are slow enough as they are. Let's try not to make them even more slower.))

"Maybe we should stop for the night? I dread to know what might have kept the shadows from us for a full night."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: April 03, 2014, 09:53:12 am »

((Sorry, but given we are playing a forum game across a number of different timezones, I think some assuming is necessary. We can always work out 'wait, but I...' situations.))

((I completely agree with Hanzoku. We could always do what you want, Highmax28, but as I have previously said, it will definitely slow the game down to a near halt. D&D games are slow enough as they are. Let's try not to make them even more slower.))

"Maybe we should stop for the night? I dread to know what might have kept the shadows from us for a full night."
((I', not saying names, but one of you have told me to slow it down so others can post their opinions. And if I advance, like right now, when someone wants to throw in their two cents, they won't have the option and things are done. As much as I want to advance as fast as possible, I actually need to hear everyone's voice for group decisions like this one. I know this slows this down a bit, but I don't want people to get upset because people don't get to do what they wanted. It is also why updates have been very slow recently.))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: April 03, 2014, 10:13:05 am »

((I', not saying names, but one of you have told me to slow it down so others can post their opinions. And if I advance, like right now, when someone wants to throw in their two cents, they won't have the option and things are done. As much as I want to advance as fast as possible, I actually need to hear everyone's voice for group decisions like this one. I know this slows this down a bit, but I don't want people to get upset because people don't get to do what they wanted. It is also why updates have been very slow recently.))

((That is a good reason to slow down, but what me and Hanzoku are talking about right now is about you wanting us to specify such things as covering him up. Such things as he said have to be assumed due to difference in timezones which might cause somebody to avoid something as to get on with the game. Otherwise waiting for everybody to be heard is good.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: April 03, 2014, 10:41:02 am »

((That is a good reason to slow down, but what me and Hanzoku are talking about right now is about you wanting us to specify such things as covering him up. Such things as he said have to be assumed due to difference in timezones which might cause somebody to avoid something as to get on with the game. Otherwise waiting for everybody to be heard is good.))
((You guys think I should assume things like that, but that means I'd be playing as I would... And that means you would all have gotten the loot from the goblins at the watch tower which you all left behind. You took the staff the goblin hexer had and the treasure in the bottom but no one took the stuff from the other dead goblins... And I'm sure Karl would've benefited from javelins))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: April 03, 2014, 01:50:06 pm »

((Honestly, I'm not sure about that. None of Karl's abilities are usable with ranged weapons, and we've always started combat within one round of movement with the enemy. Karl tries to get to the front of the group to take advantage of his higher AC, which means having a ranged weapon in hand is a liability.

As for not looting the goblins clean, that was actually a conscious decision, at least for me. Karl comes from privilege, and doesn't think about squeezing every last copper from a situation. He'd take the obvious valuables and everything we could identify as magical, either to use or to sell.

Back to the topic, I'd prefer that we behave more the way you expect then have silly mistakes like Nadarr not being cared for properly happening.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: April 03, 2014, 01:58:44 pm »

((I think in this case it's actually acceptable. Given he didn't say in his description "Someone warms Nadarr up at fire," then you were given ample warning to think about it. Maybe you assumed Highmax would do it, but he didn't write about it.

Also, if Highmax just generalises the important details like that, it doesn't seem like the player is thinking like the character. For example, Symon would be most likely to think of helping someone, Cromwell somewhere below him. If you post to help, you are in character.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 03, 2014, 02:00:56 pm »

((Yeah, I don't really see Cromwell as the sort of guy to remember making sure someone isn't soaking wet when they are unconscious.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 03, 2014, 02:09:44 pm »

((Yeah, I don't really see Cromwell as the sort of guy to remember making sure someone isn't soaking wet when they are unconscious.))

((I think he meant Weston.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 03, 2014, 02:12:01 pm »

((Still applies.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 03, 2014, 02:22:58 pm »

((I think Symon would be the only one who would notice because Thyra can't even pick him up and didn't bother... Totally not going to admit I forgot about him and then realized everyone forgot about him :-X

But that is the honest truth, and believe me, if you forget about something like that, I may or may not remind you. I really shouldn't as the DM but I'm playing a character , so I should've said something but i completely forgot))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: April 03, 2014, 02:30:53 pm »

((Still applies.))
((I said Cromwell. I meant Cromwell.  :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: April 03, 2014, 05:23:15 pm »

((Still, its up to YOU guys to remember. Thyra is only in as a roleplay element... Especially after other complaints about the lack of role play going on in our campaign...))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: April 03, 2014, 05:50:54 pm »

((Still, its up to YOU guys to remember. Thyra is only in as a roleplay element... Especially after other complaints about the lack of role play going on in our campaign...))

((Lack of roleplaying? I thought we've been doing good ao far.))

Symon speaks up, "I-I-I guess w-we're c-c-continuing?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: April 03, 2014, 06:00:44 pm »

((Lack of roleplaying? I thought we've been doing good ao far.))

Symon speaks up, "I-I-I guess w-we're c-c-continuing?"
((I can't say names, and also, this was back in the mountains where you had 3 encounters in a row and they said "This is all battles! I signed up for role playing!" well, here's an elvish maiden for the 5 men in the party, enjoy))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: April 03, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »

((I can't say names, and also, this was back in the mountains where you had 3 encounters in a row and they said "This is all battles! I signed up for role playing!" well, here's an elvish maiden for the 5 men in the party, enjoy))

((And Symon has been enjoying. He's been trying not to stare at Thyra ever since she joined.))
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 344