Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 343025 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): On the Road Again
« Reply #2565 on: April 04, 2014, 10:21:23 am »

"Soon as the sun's back up, we keep going. But we can't save Nadarr if we kill ourselves."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: April 04, 2014, 04:06:43 pm »

Karl agrees as well and helps Symon with the wagon and the mounts before making sure that Nadarr is as warm and comfortable as possible, given how sick he is.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: April 07, 2014, 09:32:30 am »

((Sorry for long delay, I was at my D&D group on saturday, and I passed out at 5pm for a nap and woke up at 3am.))
"Wouldn't do us good to fall asleep on our mounts. Let's stop for the rest of the night."

Symon nods and starts driving the wagon to the clump of trees to rest.
"Soon as the sun's back up, we keep going. But we can't save Nadarr if we kill ourselves."
Karl agrees as well and helps Symon with the wagon and the mounts before making sure that Nadarr is as warm and comfortable as possible, given how sick he is.
The party sets up camp under the cover of the trees. The watch is defined by drawing straws. Weston takes first watch with Karl, followed by Symon and Aurel and lastly, Thyra and Cromwell. The first watch takes over after they get Nadarr close to the fire and not on the cart
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: April 07, 2014, 01:20:33 pm »

((Last watch with Thyra? Looks like it's time to start insulting some elven mothers.))
The Derail Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: April 07, 2014, 01:42:50 pm »

((You're going to wake us up early with your fighting, aren't you?))

Karl paces around the campsite area carefully, standing away from the fire with his cloak wrapped around him. After a while, he comes to stand near Weston. "Are you still planning to stay with us all the way to the fallen fortress, Weston? You're not bound to the same mission as the rest of us, and given the terrors we've already encountered, and what we've been told to expect there, I doubt any would disagree if you wanted to go somewhere safer."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: April 07, 2014, 01:57:03 pm »

Weston grimaced.

"I won't deny that I've been considering doing just that. Seems like everyone in this group has secrets, some of them quite dangerous. Hell, for all we know Symon's actually some horrible nether beast in the guise of a simple cleric."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: April 07, 2014, 02:02:10 pm »

Karl chuckles and shakes his head "I think he's too pious for that. I can't imagine that Bahamut would let a false cleric shout his name so often, though I'm sure he does approve of how Symon smites things. I understand what you mean about secrets. I'm not party to most of them, but we've already run afoul of some of those secrets returning to haunt their bearer.

What worries me more is what we've encountered in our journey. Those shadow creatures are... abominations. And I worry that they've returned a dead companion to challenge us once, and that they might do so again."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: April 07, 2014, 02:38:54 pm »

((going to be 100% honest, I'm mostly not skipping to morning for some of these talks. They're great for milking you guys for how your characters are really like))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: April 07, 2014, 02:44:40 pm »

((Nadarr wakes up!

That's how this works, right? :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:57 pm »

((This is why meditation is great, I can read through all the RP and technically it's still In-character for me to know what's going on.))
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: April 07, 2014, 03:05:37 pm »

((I'm just glad I have my Familiar...who knows where my pants would be otherwise, lol))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: April 07, 2014, 03:59:02 pm »

((Hate to break it to you, they've been removed when Aurel was bundling you into the bedroll... or at least I think they were. We'll go ahead and say that Karl made sure to fold them neatly so your familiar could sit on them.

Hm... also, idea. If you want to move things along, these sorts of conversations can be routed through PMs between the people involved, highmax, and copied to anyone who should be listening in on them. That might end up with something odd like a conversation in the past going on for two weeks, but it might be worth considering for in-depth conversations.))
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:01:56 pm by Hanzoku »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: April 07, 2014, 06:03:09 pm »

Karl chuckles and shakes his head "I think he's too pious for that. I can't imagine that Bahamut would let a false cleric shout his name so often, though I'm sure he does approve of how Symon smites things. I understand what you mean about secrets. I'm not party to most of them, but we've already run afoul of some of those secrets returning to haunt their bearer.

What worries me more is what we've encountered in our journey. Those shadow creatures are... abominations. And I worry that they've returned a dead companion to challenge us once, and that they might do so again."

Weston waved a hand dismissingly.

"That was just an example. If I weren't so tired I could have come up with a better one. Anyway, the shadow beasts are indeed worrying. I don't like how no-one seems to recognize what they are or where they came from. And then there was that strange fellow in the gigantic suit of armor..." Weston stared moodily at the darkness for a moment. "So many strange things happening, and very little of it appears to be any sort of magic I recognize."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: April 07, 2014, 08:28:06 pm »

((Hate to break it to you, they've been removed when Aurel was bundling you into the bedroll... or at least I think they were. We'll go ahead and say that Karl made sure to fold them neatly so your familiar could sit on them.

Hm... also, idea. If you want to move things along, these sorts of conversations can be routed through PMs between the people involved, highmax, and copied to anyone who should be listening in on them. That might end up with something odd like a conversation in the past going on for two weeks, but it might be worth considering for in-depth conversations.))
((Well, some personal info can be discussed via PM but it can happen anywhere with the proper stealth check and there will be a bonus to that depending on effects. And plus, with the pm, in certain scenarios (like sleeping) where if I tell you to PM those who heard, it will tell you who is hearing, etc. and I don't think you said to talk personally with Weston, so it isn't that big of a problem in that case))

Weston waved a hand dismissingly.

"That was just an example. If I weren't so tired I could have come up with a better one. Anyway, the shadow beasts are indeed worrying. I don't like how no-one seems to recognize what they are or where they came from. And then there was that strange fellow in the gigantic suit of armor..." Weston stared moodily at the darkness for a moment. "So many strange things happening, and very little of it appears to be any sort of magic I recognize."
The night goes on, and nothing happens. Symon and Aurel are awakened by Karl and Weston for their shift...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: April 07, 2014, 09:20:00 pm »

Symon finds a place to sit, and watches the camp, occasionally glancing at Thyra and Aurel.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 344