Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342533 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1605 on: February 20, 2014, 03:21:42 pm »

"I suppose Bouchart also will need a grave. Even if only for all that time we travelled together."

Go over to Nadarr's Faceplate and play with it and checking it out.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 20, 2014, 03:29:38 pm »

((
Cromwell pulled his trousers back up and walked over to the cave mouth with the others.
"Huh, these aren't the bogeys I remember fighting, where'd I end up at?"
Mount my noble steed!
"Well, I may be out of power, but I'll be d$%^ed if anyone says I'll go down without a fight!"

And why the hell does he sound exactly the same as me!

As I said earlier XD))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 20, 2014, 04:14:10 pm »

"I suppose Bouchart also will need a grave. Even if only for all that time we travelled together."

The face plate seems angered at you for poking at it. Not because it LOOKS angry, but its charging into you at full speed seems to show that. You don't learn much other then he can bruise you pretty badly. You take (1) damage
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 20, 2014, 04:23:35 pm »

The face plate seems angered at you for poking at it. Not because it LOOKS angry, but its charging into you at full speed seems to show that. You don't learn much other then he can bruise you pretty badly. You take (1) damage

Play around with it some more and try to tie a cloth on it's eyes (if it has eyes).

((What's my HP btw?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 20, 2014, 04:56:27 pm »

((You realise this is going to end badly for you, right?))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 20, 2014, 05:01:48 pm »

((You realise this is going to end badly for you, right?))

((Not particularly.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 20, 2014, 05:32:31 pm »

"Well, when he comes back, we can put him to rest and bury him then. At the moment, all of his corpse disappeared into the shadow when Bouchart killed him. I'd say we could bury Bouchart, but I can't really pick him out from what's left of the bear, courtesy of Cromwell there." Karl says while cleaning his gear off as well as possible. He deftly catches the tossed sunrod with a nod.

"Thanks, these are a lot easier to light then a torch or lantern in the heat of battle."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 20, 2014, 05:43:09 pm »

Play around with it some more and try to tie a cloth on it's eyes (if it has eyes).

((What's my HP btw?))
(12-1) You try and grab the face plate and tie your headband around its eyes. You grab it, but it breaks your grip immediatly and rams even harder right into your face, knocking you over. You take (1) damage. The more you try and grab it, the more it rams into you, so you stop.

The torch ((because I forgot about this)) stick into the ground quite difficultly, but after a few tries, you manage to place a shoddy grave marker for Grot. (5+4) you fail to make a flute for Grot, but you think it looks good enough for him. You place the shoddy looking rod that looks like a horribly made flute with the torch. Before the pants burglar gets whacked by your face plate.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 20, 2014, 05:49:07 pm »

Attack the Faceplate with my Ghost Widow's Knife. (Not a Vampire Slam, just a normal attack with the bonus that comes along with the weapon)
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 20, 2014, 05:50:30 pm »

Attack the Faceplate with my Ghost Widow's Knife. (Not a Vampire Slam, just a normal attack with the bonus that comes along with the weapon)
You do so. (Crit) The face plate splits open, and disappears. Nadarr wakes up and screams in pain! Nadarr looses a healing surge!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 20, 2014, 05:52:51 pm »

You do so. (Crit) The face plate splits open, and disappears. Nadarr wakes up and screams in pain! Nadarr looses a healing surge!

"Rise and shine, Nadarr. Time to move."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 20, 2014, 06:10:34 pm »

Nadarr wakes with a mighty roar, akin to that made by Dragons. Fury in his eyes and pure murder on his thoughts, he leaps up ((He's an angry Dragonborn, whadda ya expect? You killed my familiar.))Uses Dragon Breath, then almost simultaneously shoots flame ((Erupting Flare)) at Aurel.

The red light of Dragon-Flame bathes the room and flickers in Nadarr's eyes.

Nadarr gibbers in a violent, red clouded rage. The occasional word comes through, such as
Monster.....Dare you...I'll....You.... He is shouting quite loudly.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:13:05 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 20, 2014, 06:27:10 pm »

Nadarr wakes with a mighty roar, akin to that made by Dragons. Fury in his eyes and pure murder on his thoughts, he leaps up ((He's an angry Dragonborn, whadda ya expect? You killed my familiar.))Uses Dragon Breath, then almost simultaneously shoots flame ((Erupting Flare)) at Aurel.

The red light of Dragon-Flame bathes the room and flickers in Nadarr's eyes.

Nadarr gibbers in a violent, red clouded rage. The occasional word comes through, such as Monster.....Dare you...I'll....You.... He is shouting quite loudly.
You breathe fire! (crit) (11+5) (9+5) (crit) (4+5). Aurel and Karl take (6+1) damage! Symon and Cromwell take (3+1) damage! Weston barely dodges the flames! You fire an erupting flare before you! (16+5) You miss the attack because you cannot see the attacker before you! ((Aurel is LUCKY he gets a -10 to all attacks on him while he's in full concealment))

You all hear a horse whinnying down the path. Those closest to the cave's mouth see an Elvish maiden riding on a white horse carrying a longspear in one hand and a rope tethering the horses left behind. The elf ((*rolls*)) is beautiful in everyone's eyes with a fair complexion. Her face shows kindness but her eyes tell a thousand tales of hardships. ((*rolls*)) (?) (?) (?) Out of Symon, Karl and Weston, Symon seems to be the only one not stunned by her beauty.

Her face shows a little bit of shock and perhaps a little fear.

"Did I come at a bad time?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 20, 2014, 06:46:57 pm »

Nadarr sits down, unable to see his attacker ((I assume?)) and tries to calm his trembling hands, with little success. However, the flame has receded from his eyes and he looks spent, hurt and forlorn. Even the new voice barely penetrates his stupor. He has taken the attack in the night hard, especially the pain from losing his Familiar.

He looks about the charred room and his hurt companions, and pain flits across his face as well as shock. He hadn't meant to do much damage, but he seems not to have known his own strength.

Through the fog of his mind he remembers to call upon his familiar, and does so. He feels better, and speaks. He sounds like Symon, though he wouldn't admit to it.

S..S..sorry.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 20, 2014, 06:58:02 pm »

Nadarr sits down, unable to see his attacker ((I assume?)) and tries to calm his trembling hands, with little success. However, the flame has receded from his eyes and he looks spent, hurt and forlorn. Even the new voice barely penetrates his stupor. He has taken the attack in the night hard, especially the pain from losing his Familiar.

He looks about the charred room and his hurt companions, and pain flits across his face as well as shock. He hadn't meant to do much damage, but he seems not to have known his own strength.

Through the fog of his mind he remembers to call upon his familiar, and does so. He feels better, and speaks. He sounds like Symon, though he wouldn't admit to it.

S..S..sorry.
You resummon your familiar and feel bad about yourself. (13+8) Your words are sincere, and everyone sees you didn't mean to hurt them. Even the Elf hears your voice a little bit and she dismounts.

"I don't mean to intrude, but I beleive these are your horses?"

Aurel and Symon regain their mounts! The horse with the cart walks out a little and looks as if she is looking for something. She lets out a sad whinny when she fails to find what she is looking for. The elf looks puzzled.

"It appears her rider is gone."

She looks at Symon.

"Would you kindly tell me what happened here?"

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 344