Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342544 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1620 on: February 20, 2014, 09:32:54 pm »

"That would be my dagger, sir Cromwell. Sorry about the whole magic backlash thing."

Weston eyes the elf appreciatively, covering for it by (Bluff check) pretending to look around for more foes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 20, 2014, 09:55:04 pm »

"That would be my dagger, sir Cromwell. Sorry about the whole magic backlash thing."

Weston eyes the elf appreciatively, covering for it by (Bluff check) pretending to look around for more foes.
((Wouldn't it be a stealth check?))
(17+10)/(17+3) Either check, you succeeded in making it look like you're not looking at her. You are, however, unable to speak properly right now without jumbling up your words. And you are stunned for a few seconds (until Symon says something)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 20, 2014, 10:21:19 pm »

Symon and Cromwell take (3+1) damage!

Symon immediately drops down and pats at his robe to put the fires out. "What was that?"

Aurel and Symon regain their mounts!

Symon eyes his horse a bit suspiciously.

She looks at Symon.

"Would you kindly tell me what happened here?"

Symon blushes quite a lot, though it's probably not that noticeable underneath all the grime and dirt. He tries to shuffle behind someone else, and mumbles, "T-there was a f-f-f-f-f-battle against sh-shadow creatures. W-We won, b-but lost t-two of our c-c-c-companions." His jaw flaps a bit more after that, but no more words come out.

Out of Symon, Karl and Weston, Symon seems to be the only one not stunned by her beauty.

((Weird. You'd think that Symon would take a -10 to talking to beautiful women. :P

Also, if Symon was stunned by her beauty he'd probably unable to communicate in anything except grunts.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 20, 2014, 11:00:57 pm »

((What did you use to see who got stunned? Will checks?))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 20, 2014, 11:01:40 pm »

((If that was the case then no wonder Symon passed his. It's the one stat he has out of the wazzo.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: February 20, 2014, 11:07:17 pm »

((If that was the case then no wonder Symon passed his. It's the one stat he has out of the wazzo.))
((Weston has pretty good Will as well and failed, so that's why I'm curious.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 20, 2014, 11:09:41 pm »

Symon and Cromwell take (3+1) damage!

Symon immediately drops down and pats at his robe to put the fires out. "What was that?"

Aurel and Symon regain their mounts!

Symon eyes his horse a bit suspiciously.

She looks at Symon.

"Would you kindly tell me what happened here?"

Symon blushes quite a lot, though it's probably not that noticeable underneath all the grime and dirt. He tries to shuffle behind someone else, and mumbles, "T-there was a f-f-f-f-f-battle against sh-shadow creatures. W-We won, b-but lost t-two of our c-c-c-companions." His jaw flaps a bit more after that, but no more words come out.

Out of Symon, Karl and Weston, Symon seems to be the only one not stunned by her beauty.

((Weird. You'd think that Symon would take a -10 to talking to beautiful women. :P

Also, if Symon was stunned by her beauty he'd probably unable to communicate in anything except grunts.))
((I know, which is why I was laughing so hard because he would be like the others struggling with their words))

You hear Nadarr apologizing as weakly as you would sound. You're sure you must be dreaming after all the blood and chaos that happened today. She looks around and then closes her eyes. She speaks with a voice so soft and yet so strong, it is almost like singing.

"I believe massacre is a better way to explain what I see here. I wouldn't dare ask what befell of your companions; I hear stories, and even recited a few, about these creatures made of shadow that steal the dead."

She dismounts gracefully and quickly, and walks towards you, Weston and Karl. Each step is silent, quick and graceful, as if she was doing a dance. She appears like an angelic goddess amidst the blood and gore that surrounds the area. She then bows before you.

"I believe introductions are in order. I am Thyra, elvish skald; teller of tales and traveler of the world."

She goes to walk closer and then her face goes a little blank.

"Perhaps I should tell you and your companions that in the crossroads, the path to the far left coming from the other cave houses a spring after a minute or two of walking down it. And I believe your dragonborn friend over there might have had a bad dream, which may be the cause of your inferno."

The map glows and updates!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She goes to her mount and tethers it to a nearby rock.

"I'll show you the way, Sir...?"

((Percentile again, but I should've done will save. Would've been more accurate... But the funny thing is that SYMON got it, and he can't talk to ANYONE properly unless he's shouting to Bahamut))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 21, 2014, 02:11:10 am »

Karl curses quietly to himself as he beats out the flames that still lick from his cloak.

((I'm assuming the whole faceplate thing was happening in full view of everyone.))

He stands next to Aurel once the shock of the woman's lovely appearance wears off enough to think coherently. "I'm not sure if that was for scientific inquiry, but don't go murdering Nadarr's.... whatever that thing is again. Whatever happened to him when you killed that thing, it goes well beyond any form of teasing or good spirits."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: February 21, 2014, 08:53:22 am »

"I believe that was the Dragonborn's familiar, Karl, or something very similar to one. It would be much the same if you or someone else were to attack Nimue."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: February 21, 2014, 08:54:33 am »

"I believe that was the Dragonborn's familiar, Karl, or something very similar to one. It would be much the same if you or someone else were to attack Nimue."
((Which is why I'm really glad he missed you, cause then Id probably have to roll on Nimue))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: February 21, 2014, 08:59:38 am »

((Which is why I'm really glad he missed you, cause then Id probably have to roll on Nimue))
((I don't think Nimue is active at the moment due to the fighting. Speaking of which...))

Weston summoned Nimue from the amulet that was her inactive form. The arcane bird flew around the confines of the cave a bit before settling on the half-elf's staff.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: February 21, 2014, 09:31:29 am »

((I don't think Nimue is active at the moment due to the fighting. Speaking of which...))

Weston summoned Nimue from the amulet that was her inactive form. The arcane bird flew around the confines of the cave a bit before settling on the half-elf's staff.
((Good point... But if Nimue dropped, that wouldn't be a good thing at all and I'm sure you'd probably get as angry as Nadarr was. I know my character in my campaign (as a player) throws his familiar for the bonuses, but he hates it when it gets hurt (bound demon, aka my flesh cube, gives me temporary hit points when I damage an enemy next to it... And I'm not a melee fighter, so I throw him)))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: February 21, 2014, 10:33:12 am »

((I bet your demon just loves you. :P))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: February 21, 2014, 10:57:55 am »

-snip-

Symon nods and looks at Karl.

((Percentile again, but I should've done will save. Would've been more accurate... But the funny thing is that SYMON got it, and he can't talk to ANYONE properly unless he's shouting to Bahamut))

((Or shouting about justice or similar things along those lines.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: February 21, 2014, 11:37:23 am »

((I bet your demon just loves you. :P))
((Theres a reason why the familiar description says "It would prefer to be back in the abyss". Role playing wise, he's mostly there to ensure my service my character's diety, and he worships demons, so it works. Lets just say that flesh cube and the book imp the warlock has never get along... If I recall, he sent the imp as a messenger and the flesh cube started cussing it out in abyssal :P (note: devils (the book imp) and demons hate each other)

-snip-

Symon nods and looks at Karl.

((Or shouting about justice or similar things along those lines.))
I think I broke Symon... He won't even say his name :P))

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 344