Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342542 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1635 on: February 21, 2014, 11:39:20 am »

I think I broke Symon... He won't even say his name :P))

((Symon's a monk. Karl's the paladin here. So obviously she must be asking for Karl's name.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: February 21, 2014, 11:40:09 am »

((Symon's a monk. Karl's the paladin here. So obviously she must be asking for Karl's name.))
((Symon's the one who responded to her in the first place, so I assume she's asking for Symon's name.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: February 21, 2014, 11:47:32 am »

((Symon's the one who responded to her in the first place, so I assume she's asking for Symon's name.))
((I was implying that, and plus Karl didn't say anything, and neither did Weston. They can speak to her now, and I'm pretty sure Symon is probably red as a tomato now))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: February 21, 2014, 11:48:34 am »

((I was implying that, and plus Karl didn't say anything, and neither did Weston. They can speak to her now, and I'm pretty sure Symon is probably red as a tomato now))

((Exactly. The problem is that Symon doesn't assume that she's asking for his name. :P))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: February 21, 2014, 11:49:39 am »

((Exactly. The problem is that Symon doesn't assume that she's asking for his name. :P))
((... I see what you did there...))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: February 21, 2014, 11:54:57 am »

Weston walked over to Thyra.

"Well, since Symon here appears to be a bit tongue-tied, I guess I'll do the introductions. The Dragonborn is Nadarr, the pale fellow is Aurel, Karl's the one over there, and this new fellow with the pet reindeer is apparently Cromwell. We just met him recently. I'm Weston, by the way."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: February 21, 2014, 12:06:30 pm »

Weston walked over to Thyra.

"Well, since Symon here appears to be a bit tongue-tied, I guess I'll do the introductions. The Dragonborn is Nadarr, the pale fellow is Aurel, Karl's the one over there, and this new fellow with the pet reindeer is apparently Cromwell. We just met him recently. I'm Weston, by the way."
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Weston, and your companions. Now, how about I show you that spring so you can clean yourself of... Silvanus knows what... Here, I'll show you the way."

She uses her spear as a walking staff as she starts down the path, every step making a soft splattering noise with the blood and entrails under her feet. As she starts walking, she begins to sing about travelling. The sound of her voice seems to being everyone's spirits up after the bloodbath that happened here only minutes before.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: February 21, 2014, 12:09:47 pm »

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Weston, and your companions. Now, how about I show you that spring so you can clean yourself of... Silvanus knows what... Here, I'll show you the way."

She uses her spear as a walking staff as she starts down the path, every step making a soft splattering noise with the blood and entrails under her feet. As she starts walking, she begins to sing about travelling. The sound of her voice seems to being everyone's spirits up after the bloodbath that happened here only minutes before.

Symon follows behind her to the spring, his eyes half-closed.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: February 21, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »

Nadarr also follows, though he remembers the handy spell he was going to use after he had slept.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: February 21, 2014, 02:34:27 pm »

Weston follows along, of course.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: February 21, 2014, 05:06:20 pm »

Karl looks bemused as most of his companions trot after the stranger. With a shrug, he gathers up anything they had brought that was still lying around and slings it on the wagon, gets the wagon horse back in harness and leads the horse and wagon after the others.

"I will appreciate being clean. I just hope this spring is pure, and not befouled by whatever deviltry we have been contending with."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: February 21, 2014, 08:38:59 pm »

Karl looks bemused as most of his companions trot after the stranger. With a shrug, he gathers up anything they had brought that was still lying around and slings it on the wagon, gets the wagon horse back in harness and leads the horse and wagon after the others.

"I will appreciate being clean. I just hope this spring is pure, and not befouled by whatever deviltry we have been contending with."
Everyone but Cromwell and Aurel follow the elvish woman. She sings and you all feel your wounds slowly fading away with every note. She leads you down the path she spoke of and brings you to the spring. It is clear, bright water and you can feel the heat of it from about a foot or two away. You all notice the path still continues a bit as it slopes steep up after a hard right. Thyra turns to the party members as her song ends.

"Here we are. I will let you all clean yourselves off. I will go follow where this leads. I heard sounds of fighting after I came here, so I came where you were as fast as I could. I noticed, however, the sound got very faint as I walked back. I will come back in half an hour or if I find a dead end before that. I assume that yo gentlemen are like me; lost in these gods forsaken mountains."

She walks up the turn and the party is left alone with the spring.

Aurel/Cromwell (20 minutes pass after Thyra leaves the first group, 35 minutes from leaving the cave):
After staying behind, you all hear something off in the distance again. That awful screeching noise and the screams. (Aurel) Its hard to pinpoint exactly which direction it is, but you're certain it will leave you be; it is much too far and there are many paths from what you recall. (Cromwell) You wish whatever it was would stop making that racket so you can get some goddamn shut eye soon. You then hear singing, and then exit the cave, only to find Thyra on top of the cave where Cromwell entered!

"Well... This certainly is a surprise. The spring path continues up here, and then still goes off. I'm going to head back and tell your companions about this."

Those at the spring have actions, and those still at the cave do as well (if they want to do anything)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: February 21, 2014, 08:41:50 pm »

Since Weston wasn't particularly dirty, he simply enjoyed the chance for a hot bath and got refreshed to continue the journey ((no actions)).

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: February 21, 2014, 08:52:52 pm »

Symon washes his face and hands, and tries to take a drink from the spring.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: February 21, 2014, 09:20:54 pm »

Symon washes his face and hands, and tries to take a drink from the spring.
You clean your hands and face of the blood, gore and vomit. The water is nice and warm, and feel good on your skin after a long time out in the wild, away from the monastery. (78%) You splash water on your face as you wash it and water runs down your clothes! You're wet now, but at least all that blood and gore stains are now coming out. You also smell of spring water instead of a morgue now. You take a drink of water. (12%) The water is cooler now and tastes a little different then the well water you're used to.

Since Weston wasn't particularly dirty, he simply enjoyed the chance for a hot bath and got refreshed to continue the journey ((no actions)).
You clean off the chunks of bear still clinging to your clothes and then sit idly, waiting for the elvish maiden to return.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 344