Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341546 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Shadows in the Night
« Reply #855 on: January 06, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »

Symon grabs his flail and assumes a fighting stance, his back to the fire. "What's the plan? Charge them? Stand our ground until the sun dawns?"

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 06, 2014, 01:14:41 pm »

Let's set our horses and wagon on fire and ride out of here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 06, 2014, 01:19:35 pm »

Looks at Bouchart sideways

"Why whenever you speak do you suggest killing horses!"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 06, 2014, 02:24:12 pm »

Shout "Do not look directly where the fire was! Bright light incoming!" At the others

Use Light on where the fire used to be
Light shines behind you and the others. It goes bright for 2 squares and im for one after that.

Symon grabs his flail and assumes a fighting stance, his back to the fire. "What's the plan? Charge them? Stand our ground until the sun dawns?"
You grab your gear and prepare for battle.

Let's set our horses and wagon on fire and ride out of here.
You can't see the horses and cart. Its too dark past the creatures and your light.

Looks at Bouchart sideways

"Why whenever you speak do you suggest killing horses!"
As you say this, a scream is heard! Your light behind you dies down, as do the torches. All bright light has become low light and all low light ceases to be. Bouchart, Karl and Grot take (3) damage! B3 moves up.

B11 runs into the low light with his grotesque humanoid form and attacks Karl! He misses however. His grotesque body seems to have spines on his back.

B14 moves in and attacks Karl! He misses. You can't help but notice its large teeth you see with the torch.

B13 moves up and attacks Weston! He hits and deals (8) damage! You still fail to understand how these things came to be.

B5 moves in and attacks Nadarr with his razor sharp claws! He misses.

B9 moves up and attacks Weston! He hits and deals (8) damage! You are bloodied. The monster grins with your blood covering its teeth.

B8 moves up and attacks Symon! He hits and deals (5) damage! You notice this one looks like a human with a dragon's head.

B7 moves behind Bouchart who advanced into the darkness and is attacked! It misses. You feel as if you really shouldn't have done that...

B6 comes towards Bouchart and attacks! He also misses.

B1 comes at Bouchart's side and attacks! He hits and deals (8) damage!

Karl begins his turn, followed by Aurel.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now you know why you fear the night...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 06, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »

((Divine Challenge on B13, followed up by Holy Smite on the same target. Here's where I start to regret my lack of AoE damage...))

Karl shouts,"Stay close to the fire, they hate the light! And stick together, we can't afford to be separated! Grot, heal Weston, it sounds like he needs it!"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 06, 2014, 09:19:41 pm »

Minor Action: Beguiling Flash on B9

Move Action: To the right of Bouchart.

Standard Action: Vampire Slam on B7, Blood Drinker & Widow's Knife Effect

Aurel waves his torch at the ones in front of him and shouts.

"Grot and Weston switch places! Nadarr come over to where I was! Symon prepare to take care of the top ones and the right one! Bouchart, shift two to the right! We need a formation based on where they're coming if we want to survive! We must survive until dawn!"

((Well I'm out of possible ideas to maximize our survivability. If anybody has better ideas, I'm welcome to hearing them. Doesn't seem like my skills will do much to them and there really are a lot of them..))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 06, 2014, 09:29:19 pm »

((How are Grot and I supposed to change places? That'd take a couple of turns and there's not a whole lot of places to move to.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 06, 2014, 09:49:22 pm »

((How are Grot and I supposed to change places? That'd take a couple of turns and there's not a whole lot of places to move to.))

((Ehh, D&D is able to simulate a great deal of possibilities in real life. I thought it could simulate you two just switching places.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:32 pm »

((You can probably do a bull rush type action. I'd allow it.))
((Divine Challenge on B13, followed up by Holy Smite on the same target. Here's where I start to regret my lack of AoE damage...))

Karl shouts,"Stay close to the fire, they hate the light! And stick together, we can't afford to be separated! Grot, heal Weston, it sounds like he needs it!"
You challenge and attack B13! Your attack lands! It screams and small smoke patterns appear from his wound as you deal (10) damage. It drops dead and disappears! You then notice that its body disintegrates into small blotches of shadow returns to the darkness outside the ring of light. You see more enemies arrive! (B16 joins the battle!)

Minor Action: Beguiling Flash on B9

Move Action: To the right of Bouchart.

Standard Action: Vampire Slam on B7, Blood Drinker & Widow's Knife Effect

Aurel waves his torch at the ones in front of him and shouts.

"Grot and Weston switch places! Nadarr come over to where I was! Symon prepare to take care of the top ones and the right one! Bouchart, shift two to the right! We need a formation based on where they're coming if we want to survive! We must survive until dawn!"

((Well I'm out of possible ideas to maximize our survivability. If anybody has better ideas, I'm welcome to hearing them. Doesn't seem like my skills will do much to them and there really are a lot of them..))
You use beguiling flash to push away the enemy... But it screams as you do so and it starts to burn in the light! It slides away from Weston. You move to aid Bouchart and attack B7! You miss! You try to use the torch but you're out of actions!

B2 closes in and bites at Nadarr! It hits and deals (10) damage!

B10 moves up and flanks Bouchart! He latches onto Bouchart! You feel the shadows trying to take something from your body or soul. Whatever it is, its painful, and deals (2) damage!

Symon begins his turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kill Count:

((Enjoy as "infinate" enemy spawn until you manage to meet the criteria to fend them off. And yes, this IS winnable, but it requires tactics, knowledge and a little luck))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:05 pm »

So am I unable to move because it's holding me, or what?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 06, 2014, 10:30:34 pm »

((An infinite wave of enemies dealing 10 damage per hit strikes me as a bit much for a bunch of 1st levels to take on, personally :o ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 06, 2014, 10:34:46 pm »

((An infinite wave of enemies dealing 10 damage per hit strikes me as a bit much for a bunch of 1st levels to take on, personally :o ))

((Ahh, but think of all the XP we can get if we deal with this properly!))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:38:47 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 06, 2014, 11:05:35 pm »

((I'm guessing each individual monster is worth very little or no XP, and completing the encounter is where the real reward is. Besides, our healing surges won't last forever (I'll need two to recover from just the first round of attacks!) and neither will the AoE abilities that are essential against so many strong enemies. We need to figure this puzzle out quickish.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 06, 2014, 11:13:03 pm »

((Max damage. I already nerfed it, and I may have to fix it again. It was originally 2d6, but then i changed it to d10 +2, but THAT almost killed you. Its actually 2d4 right now, but that might change as well. They're easy to get rid of, once you know the secret...))

((I'm guessing each individual monster is worth very little or no XP, and completing the encounter is where the real reward is. Besides, our healing surges won't last forever (I'll need two to recover from just the first round of attacks!) and neither will the AoE abilities that are essential against so many strong enemies. We need to figure this puzzle out quickish.))
((It is per enemy, but there'll be a bonus since its odd numbers. Might even be some bonus xp if you guys do it without dropping :P ))

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 06, 2014, 11:37:45 pm »

Move one square southeast and then one square east.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 344