Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: HYPER MECHA ASSAULT BATTALION - MISSION THREAD  (Read 2484 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: HYPER MECHA ASSAULT BATTALION - MISSION THREAD
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 05:14:38 pm »

Ptw.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 09:11:16 pm »

Just waiting for IronyOwl.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 09:58:59 pm »

Move to 18,X.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 07:42:08 pm »

Spoiler: Pilots (click to show/hide)

Quickly, Salamander sprints to T11, dashing towards the enemy forces.

Janinator clunks ahead, aims at the distant tank, and fires.
RAILGUN: 1 - 10 = -9  v 3 Critical Failure
RPG POD: 13- 10= 3 v 4 Close miss
Grinning, the lost janitor pulls the trigger to fire his weapons. The missile sails off into the distance... the railgun silent. Confused, he pulls the trigger again. He hears a loud, electronic whine building up. He doesn't have time to swear before the entire gun rips itself - and the shoulder of the mecha - apart with turbulent magnetic forces. The railgun has been destroyed for 3 damage!
Muttering obscenities, he moves the mecha towards, the shattered metal on the shoulder squealing with every step.

Driller thuds forwards. Making calculated shot, her missile arcs away towards the city.
RPG POD: 15 v 3 Hit for 2 damage: In1 destroyed!
It ploughs into the buildings, high-yield explosives blasting apart high-rise buildings. The poor infantry hding in the urban jungle don't have time to react before it collapses in on them. Their cover became their tomb. The freudian mecha-pilot took a moment to pose and earn 2 style points

White Devil also decides to take a shot after lumbering forwards.
RAILGUN: 15 - 20 = -5 v 2 Complete miss
The rail slug disappears far into the distance, though with that sort of range, there's no suprise there. Better luck next time?

Wildly, Judgement charges forwards, though he's unable to reach the enemy. His electrostatic fists crackle in anticipation of the coming violence.

Without weapons to fire, Jackal scuttles forward. She plunges through a forest, the enemy on the visible over the tops of the swaying greenery.The animals startled by her fast passage hoot and gibber wildly among the branches.

ENEMY MOVEMENT

Frightened by the destruction of their fellows, and without the range to strike back, the second Infantry Squad cowers in place. They fortify their holding point, increasing their dodge by +2 on that square.

Seeing a chance, D1 march forwards. Despite thier target being out of optimal range, they take the risk and fire their antitank missiles et Jackal!
ANTITANK ROCKET: 10- 2= 8 v 9 - miss
The rocket hisses past, inches away from the mecha.

With a digital conversation consisting mainly of beeps and whirrs, D2 and D3 decide to dig in, increasing their dodge by +2 on that square.

Tutting at the failure of D1, the crew of Lt1 decide to take the fight to the enemy. They quickly drive up to S18. "Fire!" roars their commander. Their burst cannon thuds out a pair of slugs, the tank shuddering, before they back away from the ineviatble retaliation. The slugs scream towards Jackal...
BURST CANNON: 14 v 5 Hit for 4 damage
The slugs slam into Jackal's mecha, making it sway slightly. She's suddenly very glad of the armour plating.

The second Light tank also sees Salamander's approach. The turret moves with a mechanical whir as it tracks the mecha's movements.
BURST CANNON: 3 - 4 = -1 v 8 - miss
The two titanium rounds disappear harmlessly towards the horizon. Some distant farmer's about to get a very unpleasant surprise.

Unable to hit anything, the two artillery tanks leave their weapon tracking hot and wait for the mechs to approach.

---

Spoiler:  TAC-MAP KEY (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TAC-MAP (click to show/hide)

Three turns remain until enemy reinforcements arrive
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:57:34 pm by GiglameshDespair »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 07:47:54 pm »

PTW.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 07:55:46 pm »

"Aw, don't worry about that, Dave, it happens to all of us. Well, except for me of course."

Move to S8. Reload RPG pod ASAP!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 09:07:57 pm »

Dave continuing to curse, uses his fist to flip off whoever it was talking to him.
He reloads the missile and fires it again.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 09:15:06 pm »

"Can't touch this."

Charge towards T18, and unload a double barrel of justice into Drone squad one.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 09:24:43 pm »

Liz Shafter laughs. "Feeling a bit envious, huh?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 10:35:16 pm »

Jackal glowered and waited. Too many enemies in range, not enough ally targets.

Dig in (dodge bonus if possible, just skip turn if not).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 11:08:35 pm »

Jackal glowered and waited. Too many enemies in range, not enough ally targets.

Dig in (dodge bonus if possible, just skip turn if not).

((Only Squad size units can dig in.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2013, 01:28:31 am »

Continue my charge at lt2.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 04:27:28 am »

Move to v8
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 11:48:23 am »

Spoiler: Pilots (click to show/hide)

---

Driller thunders forward. Mechanisms within the RPG whir as they feed another rocket into the launch tube.

The highly impolite janinator reloads his remaining weapon, but the servos are too slow to let him fire again.

Salamander moves forward, towering over the tiny drone squad. They mechanically reach for rockets before she fires.
CONCUSSION RIFLE: 5 v 1 - Hit for 3 damage: D1 destroyed!
The shockwave tears metal limb from metal limb. Scrap metal rains down. Without the need to fire again, she reserves charge in her second Concussion Rifle. A single style point is earned.

Jackal takes the bold strategy of doing absolutely nothing. How dull.

Judgement continues his charge towards the light tank, a growing, shifting figure of steel in their sights.

The white Devil slows moves eastwards in the background, their guns silent.

ENEMY MOVEMENT

In2, deciding it's best to be a moving target, move back north, hopefully further away fro mthe mecha's superior weaponry.

D2 and D3 continue their winning streak by remaining dug in.

Light Tank 1 regards the approaching mecha cooly. The burst cannon swivels and shudders and chemical explosives launch two titanium rounds straight towards Judgement. The mecha attempts to duck as it charges...
BURST CANNON:11 v 8 - Hit for 5 damage!
The rounds slam into Judgement, interrupting it's charge and sending it crashing to the ground. But soon enough, it picks iotself up, cushed soil falling from the steel skin like water off a cliff. Inside the cockpit, Judgementspits blood where he'd bit his tongue and swears a messy death for that damn tank.

The second tank aims and fires at what it sees as the greater threat - the drone-slaying Salamander.
BURST CANNON: 18 v 5 - Hit for 3 damage!
The lighter metal panels on the mech-marine crack under the impacts. The mech reels, but stays upright.

La1 rolls closer, though it's unable to get in range. Next turn, it would rain hell on these invaders.

La2 moves closer. It's captain grins a wicked grin and orders the crew to fire.
THUDDER: Fire roll 7
SHELL ONE: 4, 1 Miss
SHELL TWO: 1, 4 9 v 6  - Hit for 2 damage!
SHELL THREE: 2, 3 2 v 3 - Miss!
The three shells scream down towards Salamander. One detonates harmlessly far off. One detonates nearby, but the folds of the land protect Salamander fro mthe blast. The third lands just to west. The mecha is battered by the blast, shrapnel pinging off the armout of the mech. Inside the cockpit, a warning light begins to flash.

---

Spoiler:  TAC-MAP KEY (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TAC-MAP (click to show/hide)

Two turns remain until enemy reinforcements arrive
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:21:49 pm by GiglameshDespair »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 11:53:38 am »

"Aw, why are you running away? I promise I'll be gentle."

Move to N8, fire RPG at M15.

EDIT: I have three style right now, right? 2 from the RPG kill and +1 from the black paint.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:03:44 pm by USEC_OFFICER »
Pages: 1 [2] 3