Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 49728 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #345 on: February 20, 2014, 03:09:23 pm »

I would like to join in as an overseer :D

also dwarf me as your best medical dwarf please!
Actually, your best medic is Arcvasti (great diagnost and master wound dresser). Second-skilled is Danmanthedog who is chief medic (adequate suturer and wound dresser, others are dabbling), and third one is you, legendary woodcrafter, with all medic skills at dabbling. You will learn on the work, don't worry. Also, you're creator of artifact wooden crown.

Speaking of wounds, I tried to lure those stuck goblin archers, who refused to move till they have bolts in the quivers. There were a few wounded dwarves and finally one ran out of bolts and went melee on some carpenter with a baby on her back. Now the baby is dead and goblin pursues thedwarf somewhere at the forest. Another goblin still stays there with almost full quiver. I'm digging a special device to pour some magma on him.

A brewer got fey mood and will make some wooden thing. Meanwhile, I'm digging a cemetery and making bags for sand, for glass pumps.

Oops, that raging goblin set off the minecart trap and got captured. Minecarts hit some civil dwarves, and not all survived. Actually, Solymr and a ranger died.

The another goblin goes on rampage, shit. Our defence sucks! Let me show what our gate looks like:

There are dead bodies, injured dwarves from the minecart trap set off (again!), miasma from random thief died on trap and cage traps that captured attackers. To the shaft! Let them fly!!!
And we have tantrums there. Loks like I fucked this place up. A miner went berserk, but was kicked in the head by some other dwarf.

A hammerer complains he can't find a hammer to beat somebody. Wow, we have a hammerer?!

This is the leather parchment with some images on it.
There's image of  berserking peasant in our bedroom that punches other dwarves in the head while they are sleeping. There're pictures of rotten corpses in the halls. There's picture of king Arcvasti unhappy and bedridden with broken arm. There's masons doing coffins non-stop.
There are runes that reads WE ARE SO FUCKED UP.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:15:55 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2014, 03:34:17 pm »

This is a bit worse off then I left it. Try using the crundles(Can they be war-trained)? as bait. Also, I'm a master wound dresser? At least this is more evetful then my month.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2014, 03:41:05 pm »

What. ><

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2014, 09:29:32 pm »

Hmm im the chief medical dwarf :D :D. The crundles cant be war trained but can be just trained, also i hate that area where the goblins are!!

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2014, 10:22:20 pm »

hmm legendary elf offender eh?

yes bring me wood so that i may piss off more elves >:D
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2014, 05:41:05 am »

This is a bit worse off then I left it. Try using the crundles(Can they be war-trained)? as bait. Also, I'm a master wound dresser? At least this is more evetful then my month.
Crundles aren't war-trainable. Set all dogs to war training, but there's not that many dogs.
First of all, you're a patient now, not a medic. You have to wait till our Very Skilled Medics fix you.
That is a wonder how much disaster a few minecarts can wreak! And I do like the design of that trap.

The measures that I have to take are a lot of weapon traps scattered all over the fortress, to get rid of berserkers (and unlucky dwarves that deside to take a nap on the trap)

I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2014, 06:39:02 am »

Looks like berserkers DO NOT set off the traps, and we don't have enough time to flood the fort with them.
Here's Plan B - war animals! Train evey dog for war, and pasture them into halls.

War dogs plan worked. Three berserkers are down, and the last one tries to kill some mason for over than month, but now just falls from over-exertion. The mason rests on the bed doing nothing.

Ooops. We have a Forgotten beast, a ahiry worm with wings and fire. It sneaked into our halls and fired some dwarves. We got to plumb the passage to the rest of the fort! And try to save those unlucky guys who are now locked in their rooms.

In a few words, there's a total disaster going on, and I don;t know how to cut it off.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2014, 06:53:29 am »

I knew this fort was boned since my dwarf died :P

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2014, 11:26:21 am »

God damm it went to hell fast!!  You could lock a few sane dwarfs in a room with food and try to survive till it blows over.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 22, 2014, 11:36:44 am »

This is my proposed plan of action: Since FBs can't be stopped by doors sealing them off is a lot harder. They can't destroy floor hatches from below though, so you might just be able to seal off the affected floor and all floors below it if you've got floor hatches on the main stairwells. If you don't, install some and seal the lower floors. If everything goes to hell, then just get some miners outside, have a suicide dwarf from the inside lock the bridges and have the miners dig a new fort. I've done the second a few times.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2014, 12:22:30 pm »

^Definitely something that can be done to get back from complete desaster, but that's hopefully still some way off.

Whoa, that's quite  lot of fun you're having there. I do hope the fort remains standing at the end of your turn; seeing as how neither the FB nor the tantrums have killed it off yet, i think you're actually doing remarkably well.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 23, 2014, 01:43:37 am »

Well, there's currently about 150 dwarves left. A lot of melancholics and strak raving mad ones, too many to count. Berserkers either locked or killed where they are - the best anti-berserkers technique is a giant +trained+ olm pastured at the dining hall, who already got a title - Strifebridges or something. Also tantruming dwarves don't run away in panic from them, but join the fight instead.

King Arcvacti turned berserk too. Maybe that's the lost of two wardogs (who protected him from rampage of berserking patient though!) thet drove him over the edge.

The beast is barricaded in the halls. Sane dwarves were evacuated from there, berserks and mayor were left, and got killed afterwards by giant cave spider who joined he Fun later. Beast is kicking down beds, doors and things.

Miners dig a brand new shelter where happy dwarves can live without tantrums and berserks bothering them... yes, there will be a special defence techology that allows any room to be flooded with magma. It is quite a mega-project!

And we have an engraver who's in the macabre mood now.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 24, 2014, 03:17:49 am »

There are chances that the fortress survives. There are a few happy, fine and content dwarves, number of tantrums has dropped to singles per week, and most of insane dwarves are dead or on their way to the death of dehydration. Everyone's making coffins and busy burying deads.

The engraver with macabre mood finally went berserk. That happened due to his broken leg and slowness, and also too long list of material he demanded, so he didn't collected everything in time. What a pity =(

Human merchants left because no one bothered to trade with them.

It's autumn here. Looks like my brilliant design of Magma Berserkers Control System will never be completed. Will left some notes to my successor, hopefull he will complete it.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:52 am »

Just for note-taking purposes: the crisis sparked from a couple of friendly-fire incidents in the defence system and spiralled to full tantrumation after a forgotten beast snuck inside?

Looks like the fort's pulling through for now, although an overseer change can be problematic - the fall of the thread's first fort was not so much due to the siege/intruders/sparking tantrums, but because it all happened during a poorly-prepared overseer swap.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 24, 2014, 10:10:03 am »

Just for note-taking purposes: the crisis sparked from a couple of friendly-fire incidents in the defence system and spiralled to full tantrumation after a forgotten beast snuck inside?

Looks like the fort's pulling through for now, although an overseer change can be problematic - the fall of the thread's first fort was not so much due to the siege/intruders/sparking tantrums, but because it all happened during a poorly-prepared overseer swap.
Oiii you beater not saying its my fault,  tried my hardest to keep those retard dwarfs alive.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40