Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 49735 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2014, 03:10:22 pm »

We should dig a luxury suite for those crundles. I mean, they look pretty awesome *and* they brought some food with them. #TeamCrundlelightdinner

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2014, 03:36:49 pm »

O.k., i took a quick look through the save and everything seems in reasonable order. Didn't check notes or anything, just a cursory scan. It's not my turn anyway :P

First of all, we'll need to finish the luxury suite for our dress-up puppet glorious monarch. Dwarven King needs good rooms, badly! He's already unhappy and will not hold out much longer, i fear. He has an adequate office and an almost-sufficient dining room, but no bedroom, no tomb and none of the required pieces of furniture. He's put in a fair bit of work stitching a wounded child back together, so i'm very much in favour of keeping him happy and sane.

Concerning that child - yeah, we managed to get this far without building a single traction bench and the child has a complicated fracture that needs traction.

And _someone_ opened another hole into the caverns, judging by the sudden long list of "you've struck <irrelevant garbage mineral>!" i've seen a few minutes into my short look around the fort. Saegge's dwarf still reports that there are crundles disturbing the mechanics' jobs, while my dwarf has gone back to making rock furniture. Her pet cavy is still alive, hooray!

My aging desktop can squeeze 34 FPS out of the save, so we should be getting along for a while yet.

Good luck to Peregarrett!

EDIT(s) - the easiest quick fix to improve monarchs' moods that i know is to give them fancy furniture and ample free time to admire it. Just in case the current overseer is interested in keeping the king on board ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:48:33 pm by Larix »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 16, 2014, 03:40:12 pm »

He has a royal throne room, but he definitely needs his other rooms quick. I think that the you've discovered matirial things were from your dorf running around being chased by crundles and exploring that way. Hopefully if he makes a mandate and we fulfil it or if he eats in his hopefully by then royal dining room, it'll boost him back up to fine.
Spooky Signature

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 16, 2014, 04:08:10 pm »

So is everything going in a crundly way of dwarfism? Well, nice to hear. Hope we can evolve on that state. Like, a 'Thriller' tribute show or something. I'm curious how this will look like, when my next turn comes around.

How long is our turnlist now, though?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 16, 2014, 10:11:38 pm »

Wooot lets go crundles! Hmm can crundles breed but if you can try to get the wild cave beast that feeds on the tower caps or druinians both are good pets.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:57 am »

Got it, will start tonight. Or tomorrow... Soon!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2014, 03:42:09 pm »

So. Arcvasti have got his bedroom and dining room set and furnitured. And our miners have finally built his tomb - a crypt set in the middle of magma pool, with walls engraved and such. Yes, that's the message.

Goblins were thrown into shaft, crippled by the fall and burned by our pet forgotten beast.

I found wonderful minecart-crusher defence mechanism, and a strange hall with oval hole in the middle. Is it a swimming pool or arena, or something? Don't know.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2014, 07:13:16 pm »

So. Arcvasti have got his bedroom and dining room set and furnitured. And our miners have finally built his tomb - a crypt set in the middle of magma pool, with walls engraved and such. Yes, that's the message.

Goblins were thrown into shaft, crippled by the fall and burned by our pet forgotten beast.

I found wonderful minecart-crusher defence mechanism, and a strange hall with oval hole in the middle. Is it a swimming pool or arena, or something? Don't know.

Wait, I get a magma tomb? That is awesome. And there is a FB at the bottom of that pit? No idea what the oval hole hall thing is. I'd guess that its an arena, personaly. Magma hot tub is cool too though.
Spooky Signature

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2014, 01:45:09 pm »

It's spring time. We got ambushed by goblins, and one of peasants was shot down. Minecarts and cages worked fine, but there's one problem - a group of goblins remains there where their leader was captured. I have to think how to drive them away or capture or get rid of them in any other way. Quite a challenging task!

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2014, 11:50:33 pm »

I would like to join in as an overseer :D

also dwarf me as your best medical dwarf please!
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 19, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »

I would like to join in as an overseer :D

also dwarf me as your best medical dwarf please!

i request that uber is put on turn before mine... any objections?
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2014, 06:17:18 pm »

As I don't know which order actually follows, I'm absolutely fine with it

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2014, 06:54:37 pm »

Administrative post is here. Unfortunately, i have no post on the first page, which would make this easier.

Gotta update for our new overseership recruit. The turn order is as it currently stands, but as usual, it's very negotiable. Since the last two turns ended up rather short as far as in-fort time was concerned, i'd go along with letting uber pye take next turn, if desired. I tend towards getting second turns going after that, though (_totally unrelated with myself being pretty high up on the list, of course_ ;) ).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:14:00 pm by Larix »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2014, 04:28:58 am »

Administrative post is here. Unfortunately, i have no post on the first page, which would make this easier.

Gotta update for our new overseership recruit. The turn order is as it currently stands, but as usual, it's very negotiable. Since the last two turns ended up rather short as far as in-fort time was concerned, i'd go along with letting uber pye take next turn, if desired. I tend towards getting second turns going after that, though (_totally unrelated with myself being pretty high up on the list, of course_ ;) ).

I may sound a bit... too progressive but we always could abandon WoobMonkey, as it seems he already abandoned us, and start a new thread wiht the same save, asking admins to block this one.... NO WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME!? I WAS JUST JOKING!
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40