Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 49690 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2013, 10:10:38 am »

I think it was d->v as in Toggle Engraving.
Thanks

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2013, 12:07:27 pm »

Requesting dorfing
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2013, 08:23:51 pm »

Working on my turn more now.  For those that wanted to create logs:

Icefire you'll be our legendary stonecrafter. 

Exodius will be the mayor.  Check the personality list for him, thats going to be an unhappy mayor more than likely.  We have nothing he wants. 

Bsnott you are our legendary metalcrafter (Puutuulion still handles all the other blacksmithing chores).

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2013, 04:36:42 am »

I like my dwarf ^^. That she does what first comes to mind combined with her lazyness should result in some cool rp-opportunities. Really looking forward for my turn

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »

~~Journal of Dolwin, Chief of Staff, Charmcrafted Medical Squadron~~

Much has happened this spring.  Unfortunately, most of it has been rather mundane.  Working down my agenda, I designated a mausoleum to be dug.  I also added an area for Carpenter's Workshops seeing as we need quite a few wooden items made:  beds, buckets, crutches, etc.

Spoiler: Digs (click to show/hide)

The new hospital area has been designed, situated right underneath the old hospital cistern.  This caused Puutuulion to come complain to me every few feet he dug due to damp stone, but that is just a prelude to the drama to come.

Spoiler: Hospital (click to show/hide)

After just a week of my oversight, the dwarven ambassador finally confirmed our Baronetcy!  Puutuulion himself was elevated to Baron, which might not have been my first choice.  I have nothing against him personally, but the fact that he is our only miner and we have more pressing dig orders ahead of crafting rooms for him has ruined his mood rather substantially.  I let him continue digging the priority designations, which cause him to come dangerously close to tantruming.  When ordering his new chambers dug, I gave him a not-so-subtle reminder that he needs to stop being so angry.

Spoiler: Baron's quarters (click to show/hide)

Speaking of quarters, I've designated a personal room off of the back of my own room.  As far as everyone is concerned, this will be for my own office, and I'm content with them thinking so.  Exodius needs quarters of her own, but those will have to wait.  We have too many necessities for us to construct more bedrooms at this time.  Necessities like tables, chairs, and lots and lots of rock blocks.  Our legendary mason was released from his accidental caging, but required over two months to recuperate in the hospital from the broken leg, dehydration, and starvation trifecta.  Two more mason's workshops have been built by the overflow stockpile for temporary work orders.  All the workshops have been restricted to highly skilled masons, which enables the general populous to put up any walls and flooring that need to be established.

Spoiler: Danmanthedog (click to show/hide)

I'm usually far from the last one to criticize someone based on their personal lifestyle choices, but Danmanthedog managed to leave me speechless with her latest request.  Since she's such a good friend of mine, I bit my tongue and just nodded.  Whatever floats her boat I suppose.

Spoiler: My relationships (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My first god (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My other god (click to show/hide)

I've ordered a ton of cage traps constructed until we can get an automated defense system up and running.  We also have a few bars of soap made, along with many more queued up.  This has allowed a lot of the blood to be cleaned up, as well as lessening future infected wounds.  I have plans drawn up for a defense network, but a normally mundane issue has become critically important.  We have too many dwarves and not enough food.  I've expanded the farms, but we are still eating plants pretty much as soon as they are ripe.  We need to subsidize our stocks with meat soon or things will get out of hand.  The elven caravan has been waiting on Woobmonkey to come up and trade, but hes been rather busy lately with other fortress needs.  I've requested any idle dwarf to come up and trade in the meantime.  While gathering items to trade, it has come to my attention that we have no items to trade.  At all.  I hope they like some old clothes, because that's what they are getting.  I've made a note to request a handful of golden tradegoods to be made, but for now that will have to wait.  The first day of summer is upon us, and with it comes a goblin ambush.  I hope our defenses are good enough to hold, or else our fortress has fallen before truly getting started...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2013, 10:16:13 pm »

KILL THE ELVES WITH THE MINECARTS!!!!

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2013, 02:22:16 pm »

KILL THE ELVES WITH THE MINECARTS!!!!

My my, arent we bloodthirsty today.  Although I have to admit the combination of no food and no trade goods does make slaughter sound rather practical.  We shall see.

Sorry if my turn is taking a bit longer than the others.  I like to take my time when writing and playing to make sure I dont doom the fort for everyone and ruin the fun.  I should have the end of summer journal up tonight and the turn finished by Wednesday.  Unless you would prefer I not stick to the style I've been posting in and just blow and go instead.  Let me know if so.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2013, 02:28:25 pm »

As High Lobster of this thread, I say carry on!  Your detailed updates are well worth the wait, especially during this time of year when everyone is so busy.

As long as the primary rule of 'no weapons, no military' is followed, I certainly have no objection against you taking your time.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

puutuulion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2013, 02:31:53 pm »

Am I demanding slabs and amulets yet?

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2013, 12:16:47 am »

May I be dwarfed at the next possible opportunity? Thanks in advance. :D

Also, why not find a way to build and use a Minecart shotgun to take care of uninvited guests and other visitors. I'm sure flying boulders will take care of any problems that arise.

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2013, 10:55:55 am »

~~Journal of Dolwin, Chief of Staff, Charmcrafted Medical Squadron~~

Spoiler: First Ambush (click to show/hide)

A hunter and a cook were the two unlucky dwarves that spotted the goblin ambush.  The hunter died immediately, while the cook led two goblins on a merry chase throughout the mountains.  The cook's baby did not survive the encounter, but the cook managed to slip free, leaving the goblins to return to the main entryway and join their brethren in cages.

Spoiler: Trade Depot (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, I sent Woobmonkey to the trade depot to apologize to the elven traders.  They took our explanation that the depot was suffering from a power deficiency with a rather sporting attitude.  We removed the depot temporarily and promised that when they next came to trade that the problem would be corrected.

(I hate deconstructing depots like this, but the fact that we were out of food and they were going to be leaving soon was a big deal.  I checked the mechanism near the minecarts and it was unpowered.  The two levers were connected to the bridges in the pic, so nothing I could do would automatically launch the carts.)

The keas came back pretty much as soon as the elves left.  We finally have some rock blocks prepared, so I ordered the roof to be finalized to minimize thefts.

We have added two new artifacts since I have been overseeing the fortress:  a gold bracelet and a wooden crown. 

Spoiler: Braclet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crown (click to show/hide)

My instincts tell me that it was the bracelet that inspired the goblins to begin their ambushes.  It is superbly crafted and could fetch a king's ransom in trade.  The crown was more sad than anything.  The child that crafted it demanded I slaughter a puppy for bone stock and we have precious few animals as it is.

The rest of the season marched quickly onward.  Food and drink rebounded nicely with the bounty from the elves, so the pressure was minimized there.  We are still waiting on a bunch of masonry goods to be crafted to flesh out the fortress, so I'm still stuck on mundane overseeing for the near future. 

Spoiler: Visitors (click to show/hide)

The human caravan arrived right before Autumn, bringing two different goblin ambushes with it.  One group of lashers right by our caged entrance and an axeman squad right next to the human caravan.  The axe goblins took a few halfhearted swings at the caravan guards and then swiftly ran away.  The lashers were caught in the cage traps with no casualties on our side.  We still dont have our gold crafts ready since Bsnott has been busy hauling and smelting gold nuggets with the other forgers.  I've ordered him to focus on just crafting to get a few ready for the humans.  They have a good selection of beasts I'd like to purchase to supplement our livestock.

Autumn is here, and with it lies the feeling of hope.  Hope that artistry can begin to flow once more.  Puutuulion has finished all the requested mining thus far.  In his free time he has demanded that slabs cannot be sold, so clearly he is rather bored.  Maybe I can finally begin mapping out an automated defense to take care of the greenskins...

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2013, 12:20:45 pm »

Diggin' the updates, Dolwin!

I have to ask, though: what's with walling off the traps over the caldera?  The whole point of them was to have enemies dodge into magma, after all...
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2013, 12:36:36 pm »

I have to ask, though: what's with walling off the traps over the caldera?  The whole point of them was to have enemies dodge into magma, after all...

Magma crab deaths/injuries were mounting.  Including our only war animal, the giant jaguar :(

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2013, 06:24:46 pm »

Dolwin is right. Magma crabs were interfering with the minecart project and general goods collection from the depot.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2013, 07:27:20 pm »

Well, in that case, it makes nothing but good sense to have built up the walls. 
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40