Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 49688 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2013, 07:52:00 am »

After reading through Nisk Akath and Towersoared twice I want to be part of a community game and I liked the premise of this one. Since I suck at playing DF in an interesting way, can I get a dorf?

Named Solymr, a glassmaker who likes to make glass serrated.discs. With a sharp edge and 3 attacks a piece, a full trap will dismantle any uninvited guest into a number of easily portable pieces.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2013, 09:57:25 am »

Someone asked for a serrated Disk Jockey? Here you go:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll try to get some progress done today as christmas arrives much faster as I've expected and I won't have time afterwards. I try my best to complete the year with some decent journal. Stay tuned.

Edit: Funfact: There are just about 100 absolutely useless dwarfs like babies and children and stuff. Also fun just got royal - puutuulion digging rooms like a legend.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:18:37 pm by Saegge »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2013, 12:44:51 pm »

Funfact: There are just about 100 absolutely useless dwarfs like babies and children and stuff. Also fun just got royal - puutuulion digging rooms like a legend.

!00 children and you are digging additional rooms? I guess it has nothing to do withDwarven Child Care Center?? :P
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2013, 12:58:23 pm »

As that friendly dude I harshly distaste violence. Think of those poor puppies wounding each other out of despair. Wounding cute puppies is just wrong. The pure thought makes me sad  :(

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2013, 03:14:47 pm »

Dear Diarya
Today, Dolwin asked me for some favor. I didn't mind, so he explained I should handle the business over the next year. As I'm always ready to do some favor, even more if they sound fun, I accepted. It won't be that hard. ... I think...

Well... ... I thought ...
First day and everything went miserable. There was this loud smashing noise from above. It was hearable at least down to the caverns. Hope we didn't disturb some ritual or something of these neat animal guys down there.

When I checked the situation, I found that this irritating platform above the depot just disappeared. Nontheless, I noticed, someone had the idea of constructing a sauna for visiting merchants.

I liked the idea but when I realised that the guy, who started this, just had disappeared I ordered a new floor and ceiling so noone would stumble over this mess. Also, two kids are missing. Guess the guy took them for some walk around the hills. They're probably back soonish.
When I returned to my room, I saw that my favorite goose died of age. Today is a sad day.

One Night had passed, when puutuulion rushed into my room. "I heard you're in charge now, Saegge? Listen, I'm planning on my next big tour but I need some costume for my stage show. Would you mind to get some amulets for me? Oh, and it also be nice if you'd stop exporting that stuff, as I could need more..."
I tryed to ask if he also needs some additional necks for his plans, but he ran off immideatly, leaving me with some new task.

Right as I opened the door to announce my commands, puutuulion and some other guy showed up again. Both demanding better living space. I understood puutuulion for being a rockstar and stuff, you know? But the other one seemed quite unfamous as he started dabbling. I think he wanted me to know, that he is some kind of Major. When I realised, that he did not even have a room, I agreed and designed a new flat to be dug out.

Jeeez. I just finished to get my orders out. This job is exhausting. I appointed a new squad. They now work day and night to cut on our walls and make this a better place. I love beautiful images along these halls. Hope the next days will be smoother than this beginning...

one month has pathed. I'm slowly getting my hang on this. I don't get why everyone is complaining but nobody is working, all the time but maybe I missed some sort of holiday, dunno. Today when I walked along the workshops I saw some dwarf standing there at the glass furnace mumbling about color and shiny stuff. I appreciated, that he clearly enjoys his life.

One week passed but that guy didn't move an inch. I listened some of his repetitive stuttering. Maybe I could help him in some way. But I don't know how... Maybe he needs more working space. I'll have him a second glass furnace.

time passed by. Just a few moments ago, this one guy showed up in front of my door. He had a huge crate behind him and smiled all around his face. I starred a little confused, but then he said in a selfconscious voice: "Hello Saegge. My name is Solymr the serrated Disk Jockey. I've something to show you!" He got to the crate and with a quick move, opened it. The sites just fell to the ground revealing an other box with a strange color. One moment later I realized what he wanted to show me

Oh boy, this dwarf was one weird excentric...

Today I woke up to twittering birds. Which was strange cause we are dwarfs. We live inside mountains, right? Birds live *outside* mountains... I asked some random dwarfs what this had to mean. They told me there'd be something at the depot. In deed, they did their way into our depot somehow, cheaping their ballads

I love to get visitors, so the keas sweatened my day. But the real deal happened at the end of spring. We got some neat surprise party. First, the elves showed up. It is always fun meeting them, but it was not *that* great. Like, they always come around this time. If you're living at this fortress for some years, Pointy-Ear Joe is like some old acquaintance who seems to be there all around the year. Or is it just me?
Back to topic. Next were these funny gnomes with their green make-up. They really tried to surprise us, sneaking through the corridors. But they tried to hard. They were seen quickly and instead of having a great time with us nontheless they just ran for their lives. Some dudes really are strange. You never know how they possibly react.
If you'd thought this was awesome, hold your breath. The day after I literrally escalated. You won't guess who joined us the other day.
And this is how spring was survived.

Bye Diarya - hope you enjoyed my new experiences as much as I did. Til the next time.

your lovely Saegge

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2013, 03:56:53 pm »

Nice post Saegge :)

Oh, and for those worried about the king:

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2013, 04:48:21 pm »

All this in one season, and my dwarf makes an artifact? Nice.
Time to start
What year is it I'm too lazy to look it or calculate it.
I think I got it right.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:05:09 pm by Solymr »

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »

in fact he just got possesed right after naming him. It was this strange kind of coincidence when you just have to blink a few times and then progress as normal. Also 63 is correct

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2013, 04:57:06 pm »

Aw that's too bad, he's not legendary then?
Summer update when?

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2013, 12:21:28 pm »

whoa progress is kinda slow. Nontheless: here you go

Dear Diarya

It's the warmeth season o'year now. It feels like the mountain had a warm hearty consisting of ~maagmaa~. Well, I guess it actually has a heart of magma.
Whatsoever. Stuff happened

I ended my last report of all those need visits we got. What shall I say? Summer proceeded in the same way. First this cure wren showed up at our wells. Is there anything more lovely as some bird taking a bath? I guess not. He introduced himself as 'Sethal Coastseals the Hateful Nightmares' and asked if we had some spare living space to offer. As we discussed I noticed, that his right true ribs were missing. So I took him to the hospital. He is quite large so I think it's the better call to get a new dwarven hospital going. In Addition he is very noisy while he baths so I ordered some kind of noise control wall. On my way upstairs I noticed that the design squad does a good work. They painted the lower floors in a neat red. I appreciate!

Just few days had passed when another guest showed up:
Hatey called his brother, I guess. So family Sethal just joyned Saegge's Charming Charmcrafted Ressort. This feels so good. Rejoyning old aquaintances is much fun every time. The sad part is, there is actually no way he could get inside the old hospital, if I recall correctly. I have to handle this later.

All these great experiences were interrupted the other day. Icefire went mad and offended everyone who walked by. He cried something about our new guest and this beautiful red design at the wells. Also he said, he would want to see his kid - in a strangely rough manner. I didn't understand exactly what his Problem was but it seemed like some good drinks cured his troubles.

The next month was quite boring. The squad completed a huge part of their orders, but puutuulion still needs to dig another room for the king. I hope to complete his majesty's rooms this year, but it depends on to many factors, I learned. However our Backstage looks great and it's worthy for our all around Rockstar, who demands even more amulets. Maybe I should tell him, that this doesn't sound very healthy and that he could see our doctor for free, as we never invented economy... Naah, he'll know, what he is doing.

Then it became mid-Galena and things got exciting one more time. There were this huge furry guys over at the depot and everyone was talking about them. What they had to offer, if they sold their fur or teeth for our industries...

And then there were these strange fisher and siege guys ...

Well, I think you can tell, what happened afterwards

I got word, that Mr Duck was joined buy his spouse today. Makes me sad. They were such a perfect couple.
However. The summer passed, there are some trolls dancing on our roof and the king needs 7 more chests for the amulets puutuulion gifts him.

See ya later, Dialater!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2013, 12:55:36 pm »

Wait, I'm confused, did any dwarf die?
Nice update btw, two forgotten beasts in one season means you're close to have FUN.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2013, 01:08:19 pm »

in summer about 10 Dwarfs died but noone really important, as far as I noticed. Hatey messed around at the hospital. Took some time to evac and secure the area.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2013, 07:42:32 am »

I'm sorry guys, but I didn't manage to play the last days and I go on vacation tomorrow. I can try to get some more in-game days over but I won't be able to end the year, I think. I'll upload the save later today.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2013, 10:29:12 am »

Okey so should i pick up where he was last at??

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2013, 05:41:35 pm »

after getting some weird errors on various sites, I hope this link actually works (at least it does for me): http://puu.sh/60DwY.7z

Was fun to play and I hope I did my part so some other can have FUN. Note: You don't want to just unpause but look through the fortress. Especially around the depot, the entrance und the most left wing of the main floor. Also, The undug space at puutuulion's smiling room was dedicated to the king but not finished.

Hope you'll enjoy
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40