Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online: Removing Subscription Requirements  (Read 60030 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
The Elder Scrolls Online: Removing Subscription Requirements
« on: November 19, 2013, 10:12:01 pm »

So, I just got a beta key for The Elder Scrolls Online. Despite there being speculation abound regarding whether or not it will suck, I'm extremely excited to try it out. I'm downloading the 20GB game this very moment, and the beta officially starts at 6 PM Friday, Eastern time (GMT-5:00).

Are you in the beta? Maybe we should decide on one faction (of the three) to play, and a server. Whether or not you're in the beta, you can discuss and speculate on exciting topics such as "How does this advance the story of the Elder Scrolls franchise?" or "Will be suck ass?"

I might also make this a proper OP with links and stuff. If I feel like it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:12:44 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in the beta as well, though I'm not sure how much I'll be able to play.  College eats up all my time (especially robotics!).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Eagerly awaiting the Putnamrage.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

It's my primary source of education on TES lore!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The best way to understand TES lore is that... things happen except when they don't but they can always happen differently... and that these are not mutually exclusive.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

The best way to understand TES lore is that... things happen except when they don't but they can always happen differently... and that these are not mutually exclusive.
TES Lore in a nutshell:
potato
except not
because more potato
except not
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a beta key. I don't know if it will work without my email account, but I am willing to pass it on to the first person that wants it.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TES Lore in a nutshell:
potato
except not
because more potato
except not

I thought it was cheese :P

And I got in too and I'm kind of on the fence.  As a fan of TES since Daggerfall, the lorebreaking I've already read up on and know really mutes my interest, but as a fan of gaming and MMOs/MUDs the mechanics seem like they could be promising.  Probably going to be playing an Orc, though that just further makes me lore-cringe because during this time period Orcs weren't really considered "people".

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I believe this will be horrid, not because of its lore breaking, but because MMO gameplay goes so far against Elder Scrolls gameplay that I really can't imagine it doing anything else but failing in every possible way. (Except financially, because MMOs are apparently better revenue sources then a monopoly on crack in Detroit.)

But yeah, I vote this will just be another generic MMO click-on-things-and-pay-money-to-not-suck-at-clicking-on-things fest.

At least it will get some money into Bethesda pockets though, so that's a plus. Those guys deserve it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a beta key. I don't know if it will work without my email account, but I am willing to pass it on to the first person that wants it.

oooh i want it so bad! please tell me i can have it!

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, SharpKris. Someone PMed me earlier.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe this will be horrid, not because of its lore breaking, but because MMO gameplay goes so far against Elder Scrolls gameplay that I really can't imagine it doing anything else but failing in every possible way. (Except financially, because MMOs are apparently better revenue sources then a monopoly on crack in Detroit.)

But yeah, I vote this will just be another generic MMO click-on-things-and-pay-money-to-not-suck-at-clicking-on-things fest.

At least it will get some money into Bethesda pockets though, so that's a plus. Those guys deserve it.

Now, now maybe it'll be an MMO where you click-on-things-and-pay-money-to-get-stuff-faster-or-easier. Also-pretty-costumes!
Then again, I seem to recall TESO having a bigger PvP aspect to it, so it might turn into Pay 2 Win...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

There is no TESO. There is no TESO. There is no TESO.
Love, scriver~

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

I just know I won't be able to afford it at this time. Box price 60$ (45$ if you count the free month) , subscription 15$ a month and a cash shop?

I'm still not convinced they'll be able put out 4 Skyrims' worth of (quality) content per year.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Eagerly waiting see whether this train is going off the rails or not.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31