Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )  (Read 19631 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2013, 06:19:29 am »

I should totally start rolling fumbles for flask attacks.

"Ari: Alchemy away! Whoops!

!!Mathias is on fire!!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2013, 07:14:29 am »

It's something I would do so I'd probably deserve it...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2013, 12:31:47 pm »

I felt like some free writing, so I wrote the meeting of Tyrileaf and the Azure Swordswoman.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2013, 10:03:19 am »

OH SNAP!

Yeah, Gracewyn just kicked serious ass right there while suffering from yet another horribad fort save of all things. Wow.

Combined with me just graduating from uni today and finally getting my piece of paper, this puts me in a good mood. :D

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2013, 10:31:26 am »

I'm amazed when one of my games puts anyone in a good mood :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2013, 04:17:30 pm »

Yeah! Only 2638XP to go!

I was also quite happy at burning a kobold.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2013, 04:43:21 pm »

Oh, right, Weapon Finesse only affects attack rolls, and not damage rolls.  Oopsie. ^_^

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2013, 11:11:09 pm »

Yeah, that's why I was wondering how effective your character will be for awhile. Strength affects damage rolls and you have low strength, so I'm curious as to how you are going to bypass that...

And unless someone is going to take it, I'll have that breastplate. I could use the extra armour.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2013, 04:38:53 am »

Bother, forgot what else I meant to do. Oh well - let's advance over the extinguised flames behind the remaining 2 skeletons?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2013, 05:35:19 am »

Oh, right, Weapon Finesse only affects attack rolls, and not damage rolls.  Oopsie. ^_^

I can finagle that rule if you like-make finessable weapons take DEX for damage in preference to STR. Ari would probably like that rule as well.

I like all my characters being useful...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2013, 05:49:19 am »

If only you guys had brought baking soda!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:27 am »

I can finagle that rule if you like-make finessable weapons take DEX for damage in preference to STR. Ari would probably like that rule as well.

I like all my characters being useful...

Some variation on that theme would be nice although it's more of a problem for Culise than me. Isn't there a feat that does that? But then we'd have to wait 3 levels. I don't mind (wouldn't say no!) but it would be good for Eirlys.

edit: Oh yes, that's what I was going to do - take the beetle and its cage, if it is hand-transportable.

edit 2: Hum, I don't if a level 3 rogue is that good at sneaking (+8 to both) or should I take my invisibility potion? I have no more ranged attacks to get at that damaged caster.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:30:50 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2013, 09:24:21 am »

@Lawas: Well, assume you were sneaking against someone like Eli-a a Lv3 ranger with decent WIS and max ranks in spot/listen. He'd have about the same ranks in perception as you do in stealth. That's generally how skills are supposed to go against two equals-a 50% chance either way.

If you pop a invisibility pot, it's very unlikely you'll be discovered-and even if they get a general idea of your area, they won't really be able to catch you if you run. You might sneak first and use your invisibility to escape, if needed.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2013, 09:49:23 am »

Well, the invisible suggestion was to catch them unawares, but then they know we're coming. Hmm. I think I will probably follow that suggestion and use it to run away if needed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2013, 10:15:26 am »

Yeah, I suggest saving it until it's needed. You're doing fine with stealth so far anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16