Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity  (Read 20761 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2014, 05:41:10 am »

Hoof and Plague

The Father of Beasts appears before the plaguebringer, absentmindedly drawing lines across the Endless Ocean with a mighty hoof.

"What I am about to say brings me no great joy, as I find the joy you take in your work just a tad unnerving, but plague is a part of nature and I am a nature god. Feros is also a nature god, but he despises and wishes to fight with you, and a house divided against itself cannot stand. Either you or he must be eliminated, and as he is blind to any aspect of nature save its sacred beauty, and you have enough power stored up to help do the deed, I propose that we join forces to destroy and cannibalize Feros.

I wish to devote myself to improving nature. Together, we can create mutable, powerful, and unpredictable beasts to stand proudly against the oncoming oblivion and the industrialized children alike. We can turn the plaugesphere from an overpopulated prison for the sick into our most sacred and holy land. We can seal our alliance by creating together an ascended plaguebeast priest to serve both of us on the mortal realm."

Proposed Action: Spend 1 Act on Attacking, Killing, and Cannibalizing Feros if Namq'ua agrees to spend at least one act doing the same. Split all essence gained from the cannibalism equally.
((make it short.))

While Namq'ua isn't a big fan of beasts or civilizations, any pact with any entity that finally sees resistance as futile and opt for co-existence is welcomed.

Agreed.

Taken by surprise, Feros finds himself assaulted by both Teskort and Namq'ua.

Feros may expend acts to save himself. Other gods may intervene on either side.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2014, 08:06:02 am »

'You speak of me wishing to fight, and then attack me - when I have let the fight end, turning elsewhere? You speak of the plaguesphere as prison, when it now lies empty! This is not a motion for stability, but a grab for power. You claim to be of beasts, yet you act with a deceit only civilization could possess! So be it. I have no lost love for Nam'qa, but he has not yet matched this depth. I remind you of our shared son - Sol Raxxis - you claim to seek balance with one hand as you destroy it with the other. And it is against you I will focus my wrath!'

Spend all acts to defend self. If other acts are granted, launch a counter attack against Teskort.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2014, 11:42:51 am »

Psaras reeled in surprise as he watched a sudden assault upon Feros.
"What?! What is this?! What are you- No! Stop! Stop! STOP!

Are you so raving insane that you would try to actually kill a god and THREATEN THE STABILITY OF THE KALPA?! At a time when we have so much more to deal with, you pull something like this?

I cannot accept this, Teskort, and I will oppose you in this war shall you decide to cause it it. For though we are brothers, Teskort, I consider Feros my brother just the same. I won't let any of my brothers die. This- this is an unbelievably stupid decision, an incredible power grab- a- I- no! Fratricide is a crime worth exile from a family. Turn back, Teskort. ...and I don't know why you attack Feros, but am I next?

...And Nam'qua. I had truly never considered you a brother, but at least I had no longer thought you as a threat. I see that I am not correct in that matter. You are marked, Nam'qua.

Feros, I know we have had our disagreements, but never would I betray you. I pledge to defend you, though I shall not perpetuate this fighting any more than necessary. But I will not let you fall, Feros. For I do consider us brothers.
"

While Psaras talks his head off, he spends an act to defend Feros and heal his wounds, but NOT to support a counterattack.

Then, Psaras sends an urgent message to Neiden.
"I am busy, so I must be brief, but bad news: The gods have begun to fight. Nam'qua and Teskort have attacked Feros, and I am doing my best to defend Feros."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2014, 12:37:18 pm »

So, they've finally started throwing themselves at one another, like rabid dogs, bwahaha! BWAHAHAHA!

Illudius' laugh pierced the heavens as Trickster's voice reverberated throughout the universe.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2014, 01:33:32 pm »

"Feros never grew up, never changed. He is still the god of the wilderness, and light. Still the same Sunfather that entered the universe. He fights for what he believes in, no matter what the cost. No words can express how much I admire that."

The father of beasts snorts as he tries to get into a better position to strike. "I however have changed. We both knew the curtain was falling Feros, that the Kapla is unstable, and how did we respond? I moved to clean up my messes; I culled some of my more destructive creations to bring about peace in the long run. I then used the energy I got from that cleanup to create a new god from a follower. You, however, created the elementals to defend the wilderness and provoked a new round of conflict. You are truly the god that nature deserves, but you are a threat to stability right now. The battle is pointless, the ancient will win in the end, but I am compromised; No matter how hard I try to deny it, I want to fight and prolong this universe.

The wild moose has become a wise owl or a sly fox. Much to my own dismay, I am a schemer and a pragmatist now. And I have schemed and calculated that the short term damage caused to the Kapla by the death of a god is nothing compared to the turmoil you sow over the ages. I wish the others wouldn't intervene, and that I wasn't such a schemer that I had to go to Namq'ua of all beings for help in this, but I have picked my path. Either die here, and give validation to this new cowardly and compromised Teskort, or turn the tables and come at me. Force me to be the raging monster that I was made to be for at least one more battle. I think I could find satisfaction in any result short of a draw."

Teskort glances over his shoulder at Psaras. "I have not gone insane brother. I have merely come to the conclusion that this course of action will be better for the Kapla in the long run. Could I be wrong or misguided? Of course I could. But this universes' odds of survival are so small anyway, I feel that drastic risks are worth taking. It is your influence that lead me to this, brother. By all rights I should be serving in my role as a nature god; waging war against your industrialized people and not caring about the consequences to the Kapla. But nature needs to adapt and change with the times, and Feros fails to see that on so many levels. I don't expect you to approve of my actions, or even forgive them any time soon, but just know..."

A stray blow from the melee hits Teskort in the chin, cutting him off.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2014, 01:38:31 pm »

Neiden, hearing the words of Psaras, decides to send what may be his last prayer up to Feros.

"Feros... you are beset by your fellow gods now. Gods that attack you both because they think you are a threat and because they think you are weak. It is a fate cruelly reminiscent of the ideals you preached so ardently. Alas that is the true nature of the wilds. I know it may be hard to admit but what you are facing now is a personification of what you have advocated for all your existence. Feros... you may not survive this encounter, a mortal like myself certainly cannot say. If you do though, I want you to think about what I have said to you. I want you to realize, as I have, that the way of the wilds is a cruel way. One full of pain, death, disorder and fear. If you survive, Feros, I beseech you to forsake your role as a god of the wilds and to become a god of civilization.

If my words strike you strongly and you see some wisdom in them, I ask but one simple thing. Before you go into the fight against those who wish to end you, take the elementals you have created and put them under my control so that their majestic power and strength may be used to further the light of peace..... and so that even should you die, something you created will continue on under strong guidance and serve a great purpose in the fate of the Kalpa."
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2014, 01:40:22 pm »

Liram watches and waits. The only thing he can do.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:44:50 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2014, 04:15:41 pm »

Feros, I know we have had our disagreements, but never would I betray you. I pledge to defend you, though I shall not perpetuate this fighting any more than necessary. But I will not let you fall, Feros. For I do consider us brothers."[/color]"
'I appreciate your aid, and I will remember this. Know that I now fight my corner - I do not seek the death of those who would prey on me, only the ending of the threat they pose. If some means presents itself, other than war, I will take it. But if that is the only way, I will take it with just as little hesitation. I will only try to make it swift. I give you my word.... Brother.'

"Feros never grew up, never changed. He is still the god of the wilderness, and light. Still the same Sunfather that entered the universe. He fights for what he believes in, no matter what the cost. No words can express how much I admire that."

"I however have changed. We both knew the curtain was falling Feros, that the Kapla is unstable, and how did we respond? I moved to clean up my messes; I culled some of my more destructive creations to bring about peace in the long run. I then used the energy I got from that cleanup to create a new god from a follower. You, however, created the elementals to defend the wilderness and provoked a new round of conflict. You are truly the god that nature deserves, but you are a threat to stability right now. The battle is pointless, the ancient will win in the end, but I am compromised; No matter how hard I try to deny it, I want to fight and prolong this universe.

The wild moose has become a wise owl or a sly fox. Much to my own dismay, I am a schemer and a pragmatist now. And I have schemed and calculated that the short term damage caused to the Kapla by the death of a god is nothing compared to the turmoil you sow over the ages. I wish the others wouldn't intervene, and that I wasn't such a schemer that I had to go to Namq'ua of all beings for help in this, but I have picked my path. Either die here, and give validation to this new cowardly and compromised Teskort, or turn the tables and come at me. Force me to be the raging monster that I was made to be for at least one more battle. I think I could find satisfaction in any result short of a draw."

'I intend to. You have lost my love, Teskort, but your words have redeemed you somewhat, and you still have my respect. May the oceans run crimson, and may the loser's end be swift.

Neiden, hearing the words of Psaras, decides to send what may be his last prayer up to Feros.

"Feros... you are beset by your fellow gods now. Gods that attack you both because they think you are a threat and because they think you are weak. It is a fate cruelly reminiscent of the ideals you preached so ardently. Alas that is the true nature of the wilds. I know it may be hard to admit but what you are facing now is a personification of what you have advocated for all your existence. Feros... you may not survive this encounter, a mortal like myself certainly cannot say. If you do though, I want you to think about what I have said to you. I want you to realize, as I have, that the way of the wilds is a cruel way. One full of pain, death, disorder and fear. If you survive, Feros, I beseech you to forsake your role as a god of the wilds and to become a god of civilization.

If my words strike you strongly and you see some wisdom in them, I ask but one simple thing. Before you go into the fight against those who wish to end you, take the elementals you have created and put them under my control so that their majestic power and strength may be used to further the light of peace..... and so that even should you die, something you created will continue on under strong guidance and serve a great purpose in the fate of the Kalpa."

'Your words show both wisdom and folly in equal measure. The wilds are cruel, but they are free. They shall remain so. To say otherwise would be to betray all that I stand for. But your speech touches me. You are right, in some respects. We shall see what happens. And first - whose essence shall flow.'

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:37 pm »

Turn 8: Divine Blood

The Birth of a God, though a grand and rare event, is nearly always overshadowed by the Death of one.

Nature's Lament

The God Teskort was a being of immense power, having orchestrated the slaughter and sacrifice of many of its own creations for the sake of more essence. And yet, it wanted more; it would spill the blood of a god. Feros, a fellow god of Nature, would be defeated, killed and consumed. It justified its actions, saying it would for the greater good of Creation, not merely selfish hunger. In completing its task, it recruited the aid of the Pestilent Lord, a former enemy turned ally.

And so, the two came together and launched their savage attack, using Hoof and Plague together in slaying the Ape-Wolf Shadow. Feros, though godly, was no match for two beings of similar power. They cut and cleaved, opening wounds in the divine being's incorporeal being. Suffice to say, the God known as Feros would not have survived without the intervention of another. Noticing the evil that was occurring, Psaras Dorit launched himself at the cannibalistic pair, trying to force them off Feros' bleeding body. The Fisher thrashed and brawled, eventually casting the traitors away with divine waters.

Feros, being naturally angered by the attack, sought to avenge himself. He tried to invoke his divine essence and found nothing. Desperate, it called upon Urdu for aid, a being it had aided before. The Planet scoffed at him; he had given the being servants, yes, but he had not freed him from the Betrayer's Grasp. It instead offered a consolation: it would kill Teskort, yes, but on its own terms. With that, Urdu ceased communicating with the dying god, and began its own plans.

Though not dead, the God Feros was bleeding. The blood of the divine is worth the lives of many mortals and its flow into Creation would of course have severe repercussions.

Teskort

Though failing to consume Feros, Teskort continued with his plans. Recognising that the Plague Fish had lost out in the Beast War, he blessed the surviving Plague Nomads with greater power. He gave them awareness of the location of all remaining Plague Fish as well as the ability to absorb other organisms affected by the Plague, allowing for several Plague Beasts to reach truly staggering sizes. Renamed Plague Lords, these servants of Teskort set about eliminating the last vestiges of their enemy combatants as well as absorbing other Infected creatures on the Plaguesphere. With this ability, many Plague Lords resident to the Sphere were able to consume huge swathes of the mix-and-match ecosystems that lived on the Sphere. While this aided to reduce the overpopulation problem this also greatly empowered several individual Lords. These Lords, amassing incredible amounts of biomass, became hulking giants, several of whom possessed the ability to make use of essence, due to the consumption of several ambrophiles. The creation of these Plague Titans however also led to another problem: the Plaguesphere was quickly becoming barren. Filled with immense power, these Titans set about consuming whatever lifeform they found, as well as other Titans if they were able. Even Penguins, who had long been considered sacred by the Plague Nomads, were consumed, if the Titan thought themselves strong enough to match a god. In time, these Titans even considered themselves gods, demanding worship from fellow Plagued.

For their actions, the Judges convened. Seeing that the Titans were a threat to all life and a blasphemy to all gods, they sentenced each of them to life imprisonment.  Punishment and Retribution set about building a Prison to hold them, away from any source of life. At the very edge of Creation, they set about building a Belt of Rock and Stone, devoid of biomass to keep these criminals. As they built, the other Judges set about purging the Plaguesphere in holy flame; the Father's Gift. Titans were found and ambushed; chains of steel and arrows of light burned through the rotting flesh of the proud Titans. One by one, they fell, leaving what remained of the Plaguesphere covered in bodily wastes. All that remained of the Sphere's inhabitants were few but thankful for the Judges' actions.

And so, the Titans were imprisoned and the Judges thought their job complete.

Liram

While Teskort fought and blessed, Liram created. Pleased with his capture of the Grand Temple, he decided to create the Nrillix Crystals, minerals that grew only on worlds with high Kin activity. This crystal, when melted down, would absorb the miniscule amounts of essence in fire. In this form, it could produce a substance that rivaled steel in durability, but only after the addition of several other components. The exact ingredients took years for anyone amongst Creation to recognise, but eventually several Aztofi smiths, learned how. Though useful, its true potential was lost on the Aztofi due to their non reliance with conventional magic. Instead, the crystal was simply used as decoration or in the crafting of mundane commodities, replacing steel where iron was unavailable. Indeed, the Aztofi soon used Nrillix as a trade good amongst the worlds they visited, offering it in exchange for materials.

Once it entered the Elerian markets, the Magi soon found use in the crystal, finding that the material was a better conductor of essence than steel or bronze. This discovery was soon joined by the understanding that the personality of the item's user could also influence the effect of the enchantment, allowing for a near-limitless amount of combinations of personalities and enchantments. The same Magi also soon discovered that trace amounts of the essence within the items were lost overtime, going to an unknown source. Nrillix soon became highly in-demand for both research and craft. Its nature as an illegal substance, due to it only being found with Cultists however meant that it was rare to acquire; the Holy Enforcers confiscated and stored such things away from both the people and the Magi. In the end, Nrillix was a material only used by those beyond the Empire or by secret Cabals, away from the prying eyes of the authorities.

Neyravah

The Twin-Headed God, believing that Urdu did in-fact deserve to be free, released it from its' bonds and allowed the Planet to act of its own volition. This act done, Neyravah took all the essence it had gathered and created for Itself an Avatar to rule over the Celestial Drakes in corporeal form. With his physical presence, the Celestial Drakes came to accept Neyravah as not just a theoretical God who resided high above, but a living and breathing being that was obviously real. With this motivation, the Drakes soon set about constructing monuments to show their love of their God-King, constructing steles, statues, roosts and towns completely in his Name. In previous eras, the Drakes had been nomadic or only living sedentary lives for parts of their lives. Now, many resided within communities built of stone and wood each with a defining monument. In many, such monuments became ziggurats from which the faith of Neyravah was administered and where the high priests ruled their cities. In time, division grew between the Drakes, with these communities declaring themselves independent from each other rather than simply servants of Neyravah. While all still served the God, they also recognised the superiority of their city over any other and as such sought to prove this through war and worship. Such competition increased Neyravah's power.

As the Celestials formed states and territories, it finally saw visitors from beyond the Ocean. A Photosphere came and this time rather than only bringing with it light and nourishment, also brought with it the Wildlings. For eons, no Wildling had visited Urdu or the newly-made Paradise due to their relative isolation from the rest of Creation; they had always been under the command of the Exalted and had done only as he commanded. Now free, they were able to pursue their own goals. Instead of performing their duties of bringing light, they would pillage. They had found a Planet free of the Plague or the Fisher, free from aberration. Such a world was of course something of interest. Their discovery of the Celestial Drakes surprised them; they had never been documented or described by any person or writing. The Chaplain, leader of several Clans, deliberated on his course of action. He saw that the Drakes were becoming civilised, anathema to the Wildling Way. Bronze, poetry and walls disturbed the Chaplain and in the end, he consigned the beings to same category as the Children: deserving of death. And thus, the cities of the Celestials were raided. Though difficult for the Wildlings to traverse due to being designed for a species capable of flight, such cities were burned and destroyed regardless, though with losses. Soon, yet more Demons came, answering the Chaplain's call for a crusade against the heathens, burning and slaughtering the Drakes until they would repent and give up their ways.

Illudius

Among the Networlds, Illudius busied himself. Taking notice of the magocracies that populated Eleria, the Trickster saw a chance to practice his craft. Taking from himself, the deity crafted the Book of Seven Secrets, a tome of great power. Spells and Hexes beyond the comprehension or discovery of the Magi were written down, allowing for great acts of magic to be performed. Of course, such spells relied on the essence of the user and while ostensibly powering the spell, was also redirected to Illudius. The Book however also contained within it instructions, instructions that when followed, could create portals that could connect worlds. Of course, the Trickster also ensured that there was a chance of entering the Laughing Moon, regardless of destination, though its intended users need not know that.

The Book was left in a mundane place in a mundane magocracy on Eleria. While it evaded use for some time, eventually a Cabal discovered it and its secrets. For years, they had received reports of Cultists accessing other worlds, bringing with them vast treasures or interesting curiosities. Unaware of the Occult secrets, they were left with no access to the worlds. That is, until now. With the Tome, pathways to other worlds were soon opened. Aztof and Feimel, worlds which were found to be easily accessed, were discovered and from them this Cabal greatened their knowledge. The organic technology of Aztof was brought in in small amounts while Nrillix, a rare material, was soon easily available within the magocracy. While their trading with Aztof was amniable, their visits to Feimel were less so. They discovered a feudalistic society that enslaved Magi, evil incarnate to a society of mages. This said, they found the carefully crafted magi-tech of the locals interesting and useful. They decided that they would free Feimel and take the world as their own...in time. For now, the slaves would be preached to and revolt fomented.

The Cabal, with the power of the Book, became a powerful influence in the Magocracy of Avarro. Of course, influence was not enough for the rising ambitions of the Cabal. They used their power to launch a coup, taking control of Avarro, a task made relatively simple with their advantages in weaponry. With control of the nation achieved the Cabal was able to access the resources of the nation, forcing Magi to undertake the perilous trip across the worlds and avoiding further losses in the Cabal. The growing power of Avarro, which lied on the borders of the Empire, was soon able to match the Blessed One's forces both militarily and economically; something made easier by the Heretic migrants escaping from the Enforcers of the Blessed. While there was peace for now, the ambitions of Avarro would not allow that for long.

Vigil

The newly made god shouted its request, its desire to aid others in surviving the Kalpa in whatever way possible. It needed servants, Vigilites, to aid it in its duty. Outstandingly, many agreed. Perhaps it was the deity's presence or his charisma or even the fear of those who heard the message. Whatever it was, the Vigilites prospered. Dukes and kings throughout Feimel pledged their services to the Lord Protector, offering him their worldly goods and their retinues of Magi and Knights for whatever reason. Knightly Orders were established throughout the world, all pledged in service to the Lord Protector though armed and taught in the local culture. Despite their differences, all cooperated in this new quest for survival. Even the Magi, slaves for centuries, were given new purpose, some even escaping their thralldom by joining the Orders, although such individuals were not respected.

While the demand for servants was easily accepted, the demand for a Temple was not. It was only after it was explained that worship was required to allow the Protector to perform his abilities did the people of Feimel relent and build shrines to Vigil. Though little more than lip-service, the Vigilites understood that such sacrifices were necessary. For the most part, such shrines and temples were mostly filled with schools and barracks for use by the Vigilites in finding a way to either end the Kalpa or discover further secrets of the Ocean. Even with Vigilites however, Vigil was still unable to create a translation for the tome he had found so many years ago.

Neiden

The Blessed One had dealt with Liram, asking for the gifts of the Magi in return for the protection for Magi within the Empire. The god agreed. Though bereft of usable essence at this point, Liram attempted to give Neiden his blessing. Despite his attempts, he failed.

Regardless, Neiden continued with his plans. Mimicking the gods, he created from his own flesh a son named Ordin. He would be the One's greatest servant in all things, until he died of course. With this  done, he sent Ordin to be trained while he focused on other problems. The Enforcers had been too keen in their task and had basically purged large numbers of the Heretics from the Empire, weakening it as a whole. Lecturing the Grandamaster, he demanded that such persecution be ended on those Heretics which did not dabble in the Occult or performed other great sins. Peaceful Heretics would be allowed to live. As Neiden soon learned, the Order was staffed by fools.

While the higher-ups of the organisation listened to the demands of the One, those on the ground were less receptive or believed their new orders contradictory to their purpose. They thought such orders to be a test or miscommunication. They continued their actions against the Heretics, although focusing on the Cultists first before the less harmful ones.

While the persecution continued, the Enforcers were instructed to prepare the populace for a long and costly war with the world of Aztof. While they were instructed to be subtle and careful, most were not. They openly revealed the existence of Aztof and the presence of its cultists amongsts society. Though this resulted in a sense of bloodlust throughout the populace, this bloodlust was not kept in control. The populace as a whole joined in the pogroms against the Heretics, Cultist and Innocent alike. The ghettos of the Empire were lit on flame while the screams of the impaled rung throughout the cities. The Blessed One would be drinking heavily, it seemed.

Though the Enforcers had proven themselves to be incompetent, the One gave them yet another task. It was a simple one: establish public schools throughout the Empire. It seemed simple, very simple. Amazingly, the Enforcers were able to follow the One's directions, organising free schools available to all citizens...except Heretics, Primitives and Foreigners. While the schools taught numeracy and literacy, their sponsorship by the Enforcers of course resulted in an interesting curriculum. For the most part, it was filled propaganda. It demonised Heretics and instilled extreme nationalism into its classes, demanding that they give themselves completely to the Fisher and the Empire. Even Magi, who had been loyal for many years, were taught to be inherently untrustworthy. All this said, the schools did teach warfare as well as craft in preparation for the coming war.

Tiring of the Enforcers, the Blessed One decided to work with the Magi for a time. He asked for aid in a construction programme which would see the birth of a Grand Factory from which vast amounts of products would be made, and in its deep levels, laboratories for even greater discoveries. This Factory would be built under the Capitol and topped with Twelve Spires. The tallest one, the Spire of Creation, would be able to take essence from the Void and create matter. In effect, it would be a Children-made God. While most agreed that the Grand Factory was possible, the idea of taking essence from the Void to create was impossible or incredibly difficult. Magi were able to redirect essence and shape into certain forms. Doing this on a grand scale would involve many Magi and trying to substitute these individuals for a machine was unheard of. Years of research would have to be made for this Spire to be made. In the mean time, the Factory would be built. At the very least, such a construction would not backfire on the One.

And so, the Magi and the builders laboured on the One's vision. the land under the Capitol was dug up and cleansed. Supports were set up and Machinery brought in. Men laboured for years, simply preparing the artificial cavern for its task and ensuring the safety of the City above. In time, the caverns were ready and construction of the Grand Factory commenced. Gears, cogs, assembly lines, cranes and tunnels were implemented and powered. It would not be complete for a lifetime but for now, could achieve its task in partial capacity.

Zzdwi

Where other men would crave for gold or silver, those of the Grand Temple desired food most of all. Coming to understand this, Zzdwi fashioned vessels capable of travelling through the Endless Ocean. Barely sentient organisms, these Telemarines would transport crews to the myriad of worlds beyond the Temple's skies, in search of food.

The Templars would send out many ships to find new planets, ripe for agriculture or filled with people whom they could trade with. They knew not what these worlds would look like or what creatures lay there. Regardless, these worlds would be the lifeblood of the Temple and would ensure that their families would not starve.

It took weeks and months, but the Templars found providence. Tiny Isles amongst the Ocean were found and determined to be adequate for farming. Several such Isles even housed small populations of the Children or rarely, Penguins. Odd creatures, the Templars questioned them for their wisdom and soon found the locations of yet other worlds, worlds that were rich with food and flesh. One world in particular did the Penguins name: Eleria. They called it a 'Networld' under the protection of the Psaras Dorit, which the Templars remembered as an old pagan deity before the days of Liram. Soon enough, the first colonies were established on these Isles, often at the expense of the local populations. Trade with Eleria was however difficult: gargantuan arachnids guarded the world and prevented the Templars access. Regardless of this failure, the people of the Temple would soon never know the feeling of starvation ever again.

Grand Entry

The spilling of blood amongst mortals had brought instability and chaos to Creation. Wars, murder, conflict and the occult had brought it closer and closer to the End. Even so, such actions alone were not able to bring about the End of All. Only the blood of the divine, that which was Creation incarnate, could attract He would destroy. He did not do this out of malice or jealousy. He was not a vengeful figure or an entity locked away by treaty and spells. No, he was simply a mechanic.

He watched the Universe and its various processes, watching how individuals committed petty acts or great nations conduct war and massacres. He saw the conflict between those who thought themselves better and those who did not. He saw the creation of beasts or machines destined to serve and die. He saw brother turn against brother. He saw the blood spill. He knew it was time. The simulation had gone on long enough; it was time to break it down and repair what remained.

The Plaguesphere, a world recently witness to the deviant acts of would-be gods, glowed in arcane light. The numbers that had long ago dotted the skeletons of the dead now reanimated. Ones and zeros traversed the planet's circumference, speeding up as yet more numerals joined in the dance. The earth rumbled and the skies screamed. Every being on the planet, from the smallest microbe to the largest Lord, felt fear. Lightning struck and pieces of the Sphere moved independently of each other. Soon enough, giant lines became visible on the Sphere's surface, which soon lit blue. With this, the atmosphere of the whole Sphere disappeared. Every organism unprepared for the harshness of the Ocean drowned. And yet, the act was not yet complete. The Sphere then opened in a clam-like manner, revealing what lay within: a Rift. Huge and chaotic, a figure was slowly coming through. He had Come.

Ketarus, The Grinding Gears of Oblivion. Has Arrived

Teskort and Namq'ua fail to consume Feros.
Teskort transforms the Plague Bearers into the Plague Lords.
Several Plague Lords become Plague Titans; are imprisoned by the Judges.
Much of Plaguesphere rendered lifeless.
Nrillix crystals created. First utilised on Aztof.
Elerian Magi discover properties of Nrillix. Only utilised by secretive Cabals or non-Empire Magi.
Neyravah becomes Bound.
Celestial Drakes form city-states.
Chaplain declares crusade on Drakes.
Illudius crafts the Book of Seven Secrets
An Avarroese Cabal uses the Book to access other worlds. Takes control of Avarro. Grows to rival the Empire.
Holy Enforcers continue persecution of Heretics.
Holy Enforcers rile up the Empire's populace. Pogroms of Heretics are declared.
Holy Enforcers build schools throughout the Empire. Results in extremely nationalistic and close-minded graduates.
University of Arcane Arts begin construction of the Grand Factory. Semi-Operational.
Telemarines created.
Templars colonise several small Isles.
Templars learn of Eleria. Cannot access it.
Plague Fish Extinct.
Plague Sphere rendered near-lifeless.

Code: [Select]
Psaras Dorit: 1 Acts (+1)
Namq'ua:  3 Acts (+1)
Teskort: 1 Acts (+1)
Feros: 1 Acts (+1)
Liram: 1 Act (+1), 1 Bound Acts (+1)
Neyravah: 1 Act (+1).
Araxiel: 1 Act (+1)
Illudius: 1 Act (+1)
Vigil: 0 Acts
Zzdwi:  0.5 Minor Act (+.5)
Neiden: 0.5 Minor Act (+.5)
The Ancient: 2 Major Acts, 5 Acts (+1)
    Spoiler: Sources of Essence (click to show/hide)

((Neiden had really bad rolls.))[/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:02:25 pm by micelus »
    Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
    You win Nakeen
    Marduk is my waifu
    Inanna is my husbando

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #234 on: January 10, 2014, 10:55:03 pm »

Tsk tsk, the universe needs repairs again... good thing making things seems all that I can do.

And so Liram once again started creating, his forte. This time the abnormal god started working on a new spiritual creation, one for the continuation of this universe. Liram set work on a new creation or two.

And to start he needed batteries for the power required in this task. Luckily Liram finally can tap in the power to start doing thing helpful. These would be similar to Liram's sphere.
    So he set work on the Veilu, large reproducing maelstroms of animation and lack of it, resembling fire and ice battling around a sphere, but inside a small spiritual core that fed on this animation power, and would give it to the next creation, but this is only the secondary purpose. The Veilu other purpose would be inspiration, spread the arts in every way, this would be a lot more effective and would be the primary purpose if it can be done, The maelstrom must look inspirational to flesh mortals minds, it is a must. Second, it would fill their brains with new ideas, invention, and inspiration would be occasionally put in the heads of a nearby worlds people.
    Third, it would increase the culture of the flesh, and spirit alike. It would nudge minds to new traditions, and architecture, religious practices. Anything to spread peace and stop the damnable cracks.

Liram decided his servants would be in his likeness, stone and light, good materials for a body meant to last. His new creations were his new engineers and architect for repairs, sentient golems produced by the Veilu, using the essence from the Veilu to have exceedingly strong Magi ability's. These... Illarao would try to repair damages to the universe being only constructs with no souls they would not be harmed in any way by these cracks, that MUST be sealed.

ACT: Create the Illarao
    BOUND ACT: Create the Veilu
    ( Arts fartsy batterys :P)

Liram decides against this, he has better plans....
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:35:58 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
    Crack-a-lack-a

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
      • View Profile
    « Reply #235 on: January 10, 2014, 11:05:48 pm »

Neiden popped open a bottle of strong smelling brown liquor. He looked around for a glass but quickly gave that idea up and instead just took a huge swig.

Ughhhhh, why why why...

Hey Liram, so much for those magi powers!... You wanna give that a second shot... or something... Because apparently it didn't work.

A second swig and Neiden plopped the bottle down hard on his desk.

Great Fisher... this has been rough. Who would have thought things could get so messy.

Hey Psaras, I'm sorry. You know I really tried. It's just like... everyone who works for me has a brick for a head or something.

I was thinking of asking you to help me with my spire project but lately everything I've done has gone so wrong, I'm not even sure any more... I'm really sorry...
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:14:55 pm by gman8181 »
    Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
    Sure thing peanut man!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
    • Hello.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #236 on: January 10, 2014, 11:24:59 pm »

Vigil's eyes widened as the sudden shock in his mind coursed through his body. The Ocean was being drained. So much conflict. He let out a scream, echoing through Feimel and rupturing the ground around him. The Wild Gods have gone out of control. He could smell their blood run through the Ocean. And its smell brought out something worse.

He convened with the other Gods. "Fools! What have you done? You're petty rivalries have brought this universe closer to its end!"

He sighed. This won't get through their skulls. He shifts his focus to his Temple and his Vigilites.

"My Vigilites, I thank you. You have brought us a step closer to ending this," his voice booms through the town square. Then his eyes take a grave look. "Though I doubt we can rely on the most obvious solution right now. I have a plan, my friends."

Continue construction. Train everyone in basic self-defense and spread the news of the Temple. Ask anyone for help in construction, design, or staffing the Temple after construction. The payment will be protection, food, and paradise after they die.

Also: tell them to bring those in the brink of death to me, so I may inhale them and give them paradise forever. Bring the worst criminals and consume them and make them burn in my hell.
    I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
    Dying of laughter?
    Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #237 on: January 10, 2014, 11:53:48 pm »

Ancient damnit! Hmmmm, perhaps I need more power....

Action: Do the same as before except with a lot more Liram-kin.
    Crack-a-lack-a

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #238 on: January 11, 2014, 07:26:17 am »

Feros shuddered as ichor flowed from his wounds. The streams of red, invisible to the mortal eye, flowed away in the currents of the Endless Ocean. It was coming. He could feel it, the familiar horror. All would end, all would fall, and this time, he would not survive. The time of the wilds was over. The thought stung and whipped and burnt, but it remained.

'Teskort, you fool.'

Words have power.

'Was it worth it? DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?'

They can create - form. They can destroy - divide. They can change a heart. And Feros let out a cry, echoing between the worlds.

'I am sorry.'

The words of Neiden echoed in his head. The words of Teskort. The words of Psaras. But it was too late for prevention, now. Too late by far. And yet if they would not stand, who would? The pestilence? No. The Drake king or the sculptor? No. His first son? Perhaps. He might see what must be done. But Feros could not. He had been over zealous, single minded. the world no longer needed Feros. They needed the Sunfather.

The cry changed now, a command. Now was no time for subtlety. It rang out among the glades of the worlds, in their streams and mountains, even to the hearts of their cities, where parks and gardens resided. It rang out among the photospheres, free no longer. The cry preached not peace, not balance, but war. War against the end.

The cry reached the elementals, and they stopped, mid battle or mid labour, and turned. they began to build, growing trees of gigantic heights, caves of unending depths. And from these places, a single echo returned. Power.

The cry reached the Wildlings, and their bodies froze, unable to respond. through their minds flashed a series of images - the plaguesphere, rendered in two, a true evil drawing itself out; a temple, the first their kind would ever build, identical on every photosphere, with worship in sync. And a voice echoed between their ears.
    'The Sunfather calls you, children. i show you our prey, and i show you our weapon. Join me, in this final hunt.'

The cry reached the Children, and passed almost unheard. Alone in his chambers, Neiden sat, bottle in hand, and he heard the voice, soft yet immovable, and gone as soon as it came.
    'The Sunfather calls you Neiden. Let our conflict go, as I have done, and spread no more. Instead, build upwards. Temples, to all who would aid you. temples, to stop the end.'

The cry reached the Grand Temple, and the horrors held within. In its centre, among the branches of Zzdwi, it flinched, but spoke to the abomination regardless. Then it passed on, unheeding of any reply.
    'Your growth is threatened, strange one. Build no longer for yourself, but for all. temples, not to a god, but against the end. The Sunfather asks this, for all's sake.'

The cry reached the world of the Drakes, and the god-made-flesh. It sought him out, and spoke to him.
    'The world falls, Brother. You have been away from us for too long. Join our counsels, so that you may not face the end alone.'

And finally the cry reached Urdu, the living planet. It spread through the surface, down to the core.
    'The end is coming. i ask you now to forget the traitor, Teskort, and instead join the hunt of new prey - the Ancient is coming, and must be stopped.'

And then the cry was gone.

Act: change the primary purpose of the elementals, excluding those on Urdu, to worship of Feros. provide them with complete free will if this is necessary to achieve this.
    Non-act: Ask the Wildlings for worship, and to prepare for war.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #239 on: January 11, 2014, 07:51:53 am »

Ketarus was here.
    It surveyed the wars, the destruction, and found them wanting. The cogs of it's body sang as they ground eternally against each other, and the music of the gears was this:
    "This Kalpa has suffered the sin of imperfection. As in the previous seven hundred thousand nineteen thousand seven hundred ten Kalpas, I will purify the universe and prepare the seeds of the next. Do not have sorrow."
    With a eye of bronze it surveyed the scrabbling attempts of the Gods to stave off the end.
    "Gods. You have failed. Submit to oblivion. Embrace the purity of your destruction."
    You fool. Don't you understand?
    No one wishes to go on...
    Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17