Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Obsessions - Irons St Theatre  (Read 6433 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Obsessions - Irons St Theatre
« on: November 12, 2013, 08:41:10 pm »

You see them more and more these days, people who have latched onto something as if it’s the only thing keeping them alive. Calling them ‘obsessive’ seems like an understatement. Just today I was on the subway and I spotted this guy who was just sitting there staring at his lighter. This guy just had soot all over his hands and I think he’d singed his eyebrows off too. He probably burnt a building down for giggles. I just don’t understand how someone can become that engrossed in something that it just defines them. They chase it no matter what effect it has on the rest of their life whether it’s booze or drugs or, um, fire I guess. Why- no, quiet. My show is on.

Something has happened to the fabric of reality. Something that has created a new kind of person who has slowly but surely detached themselves from reality and in doing so they have unwittingly gained supernatural powers. These are not well-balanced people. These people are Obsessives.

However, this weakening of reality has allowed other things to manifest, or perhaps they crossed over from elsewhere. Regardless, they may pose a serious threat, not only to mankind but to everything we accept as real.

Obsessions is the story of a group of Obsessives, brought together to fight these incursions and, if possible, stop them forever.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magick (click to show/hide)

Players
nightcrafter27 - Jeremiah Matoli - Playing Cards
DarkArtemisFowl - Nathan Haextov - Blood
flabort - Roger MacCurren - Parkour
Ozarck - Oz Arcanus - Drawing

Waitlist
USEC_OFFICER
Execute/Dumbo.exe - Axle Johnson - Blades
GreatWyrmGold - Faith Riley - Fairies
kisame12794 - Morul Migrurkeshin - Rocks
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:29:31 pm by NobodyPro »

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
Re: Obsessions - 4 players needed
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:50:55 pm »

Name: Jeremiah Matoli
Obsession: Playing Cards
Inventory: Deck of regular playing cards
Notes: Average height, slightly stocky build, clean shaven. He seems to always wear a black button down shirt, yet he's the kind of person that could easily be dressed in full magician grab: tophat, suit, etc. Jeremiah scowls when going about daily business, but he is overcome with joy whenever he is performing with his beloved cards.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 08:51:18 pm »

Spoiler: Zechariah Dimikaelo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:07:33 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 08:57:07 pm »

Name: Roger MacCurren
Obsession: Parkour
Inventory: Lightweight sweat pants, muscle shirt, white ankle socks, a hybrid runner/loafer/cleat, with high traction, a lack of laces, and intense pushing power, red sunglasses, ski mask (In pants pocket), leather gloves with the fingers cut to half length, switch comb, switch knife.
Notes: Unruly dark hair, flexible toned muscles as if he was a body builder, but with less bulk. Pointed chin with unruly dark sideburns, small blunt nose, and deep set dark eyes. Breaths very heavy, all or most of the time; not panting or wheezing, but the measured breathing of someone with very large lungs who does lots of running.
Mostly silent, letting actions speak for themselves, but with strong opinions (the ones not consumed by his obsession). Doesn't take offense easily, laid back, has fun in almost any situation. Inclined to grumbling but not whining.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:36:22 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »

Reserving a spot. Time to get my nerd on.

EDIT: Bugger. Guess I'm on the waitlist then.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:00:22 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 08:59:54 pm »

Name: Oz Arcanus
Obsession: Drawing
Inventory: Clothing. 5 boxes of 20 pens, 5 boxes of 30 pencils, six spiral bound notebooks, four paintbrushes, one canister of chacoal. one case of watercolor Four tubes of glitter paint. A stuffed tiger named Bickerton. Most is kept in a backpack, but some is in cargo pants and zippered jacket (pens, pencils, some loose paper, three erasers, the charcoal.)
Notes: Oz speaks softly, and is covered in ink. He has no tattoos, (far as anyone knows) but uses his body and his clothing as canvas as much as anything else. He occasionally talks to Bickerton, but not as though it were a real tiger - like one talks to a toy. Bickerton is the one item he owns that is not marked upon. Oz is probably drawing on you right now.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 09:00:54 pm »

(Ill give this a shot.)
Name: Axle Johnson
Obsession:blade obsessive
Inventory: 2 katanas, basic black hoodie and pants with sneakers and black gloves, 200 dollars on hand, a piece of cloth with a bottle of rust removing agent and a whetstone (that's what they are called, right?).
Notes: tall and lanky, has a unnerving stare and smile while fighting, giggles and mumbles in normal conditions, albino with blue irises and slightly yellowed teeth, as such, he doesn't normally open his mouth that much, his hands are covered in cuts and scratches as what he calls 'testing' the sharpness of any blade or sword he has, loves to 'talk' to his swords as well, while he himself without any swords isn't dangrous, if a bit mechanoly, if he starts talking to a sword, it's been known for him to make odd comments, certain ones include "don't worry darling, blood will be your love" and "oh please, you need to be sharp, my dear!"
Edit: damn, started writing when nobody had posted, oh well.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:31:01 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »

Gotta be fast!  :P
The Cyan Menace

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 09:02:44 pm »

Gotta be fast!  :P
*shrug*

It's okay. My first idea was shot down after reading the mechanics more closely.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 09:30:59 pm »

Spoiler: Faith Riley (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 10:22:26 pm »

Count me waitlistered.

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 10:28:18 pm »

(PTW. I'm going to watch this game and replace every use of 'Obsession' with 'Fetish', since the context will probably work just as well.)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 10:29:45 pm »

((......oh. Please, not another May. Pleaaaaaaaseeeee.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 10:35:21 pm »

((......oh. Please, not another May. Pleaaaaaaaseeeee.))
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 10:39:05 pm »

???
"May"?
As in the month, or a name, or a player? Or some event that's being referenced to?
The Cyan Menace

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6