Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 4/6.  (Read 3415 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 4/6.
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 06:06:15 pm »

Croweheart spoke quietly back to Harvey, his voice muffled by the mask.
"While they may look flamboyant, they have a certain amount of wealth. That would suggest either skill or a noble-born leader. Hold your tongue for now."
He spoke louder to the mercenary.
"Where has your band fought before? Any major battles?"

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 06:11:40 pm »

If you insist.

Harvey takes a deep breath and lets his hands rest at sides.

How many others are in the band besides us? What will our role be in your company and that of the company as a whole, what kind of company is this?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 02:09:55 pm »

He smiles at Croweheart and starts to smile as he boasts vaguey about battles against Ottomans, Turks, and the Italian city-states.

Harvey breaths deep and questions the Landsknecht,
"How many others are in the band besides us? What will our role be in your company and that of the company as a whole, what kind of company is this?"

"The commander aims to raise 50 men or more to bring the Fähnlein to a strength of 500, you will be basic pikemen unless you prove to have the skills to sign on as a Doppelsöldner."

Sign up? if you want to be a Doppelsöldner (Double-paid mercenary) you have to pass harder tests.

Can any one think of a name for your group?
-----------------
Our noble heroes
-----------------
Spoiler: Kelvin York (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvey (Patrick Hunt) (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 02:27:18 pm »

Harvey pulls his Faeblades over his shoulders and snorts motioning towards Croweheart with his thumb.

We're no pike men, fighting in close ranks is not our style. Give us a few good men and room to work our way and we'll stack bodies so high a horse couldn't jump it.

Join as a doppel.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:51:07 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 04:36:53 pm »

"As my over-eager companion has stated, becoming pikemen would waste our skills. We are swordsmen. We would serve better a doppelsolder, rather than men-of-the-line."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:38 pm »

Harvey easily pass's the tests, lifting even the largest and heaviest weights, and putting on a good show in the foot race.
"I guess i can put you down as an Sword and Buckler Man, on Double pay." he wrights your name in the muster book and pass you the first payment.

Watching as Croweheart makes short work of there tests, the company commander a tall well built man named Karl Ludwig smiles and insistences that Croweheart proves his skill.

A landsknecht wearing a pair of blue and yellow chequered hose steps forwards holding a pair of wasters(wooden training sword).
"Ok lets see just how good you are then." he announces passing a waster to Croweheart.

Croweheart starts the duel with a skill full trust which his opponent side steps and takeing advantage of Croweheart's momently lack of balance counters with a powerfull diagonal strike.

Croweheart's sword shoot up and forwards, smashing the attack aside before quickly stepping back and lowering the sword tip to the ground.

He seems content to doge and wave around the landsknecht jabs and stabs, waiting for a moment when with lighting like speed he slaps a thrust aside stepping forwards as he twists the landsknecht's blade down as his own rises to the now unguarded neck of the landsknecht.

"I think that demonstrates my skill with the blade,don't you?" Croweheart boasts as he passes the waster back to the landsknecht.
His name is list down with double pay beside it as well.

Otto and Kelvin have a much easier time it seems that anyone that can hold a pike is welcome to join.
Still Harvey and Croweheart get a laugh out of them when there first wage suffers a deduction to pay for there pikes.

As you march east you focus on:
A) pillaging from peasants
B) leaning a new skill or improving an old one
C) making friends
===================
Im counting pikes as spears, as there useless in a one on one fight(the best tactic is to drop it on there head then)

Can any one think of a name for your group?
-----------------
Our noble heroes
-----------------
Spoiler: Kelvin York (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvey (Patrick Hunt) (click to show/hide)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 10:36:49 pm »

I focus on improving my exotic skill and put myself through intense physical training whenever possible to improve my strength, dexterity and toughness.

Ask the leader who's squad me and Crowe will be in and who's in charge.

Caine's law.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:47 am »

Otto focuses on making friends. And my making friends I mean converts for the One True Faith.

Also, Otto's a priest. He's not going to be fighting in the pike line, he's going to be beside it blessing everyone and encouraging them to fight harder.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 08:17:23 am »

(( Better tell the boss that. He might not share your beliefs or agree to you not fighting. Better to find out now then at your execution. ))
Caine's law.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 08:19:31 am »

The greatsword is a huge and heavy weapon. While lesser, smaller blades will scrape against armour and skitter away, the greatsword can smash throuh with sheer mass. The edge doesn't require razor sharpness - it crushes more than cuts it's way through those it hits. The weapon is not for those who prefer finesse - the only way to master the greatsword is sheer repetition until the muscles know the actions.

Every morning, Croweheart stood alone. A thousand overhead swings, the blade hissing through the air each time. A thousand thrusts, each capable of punching through plate. A thousand sideways slashes, dragging the heavy iron through the morning fog.

Train two-handed skill, strength, toughness.

See if I can buy plate gauntlets (hands) and boots (feet) for a total cost of 55$.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 08:30:07 am »

(( Better tell the boss that. He might not share your beliefs or agree to you not fighting. Better to find out now then at your execution. ))

((Sadly that's not how a fire-and-brimstone protestant preacher works))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 08:52:22 am »

(( Hah well your paying for a spear you won't use. ))
Caine's law.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 09:00:27 am »

((*shrug* I'm probably just going to hand the money out as alms anyways.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 09:36:00 am »

(( If you live that long, non combat priest on the front lines in a holy war. Your head will be a priority target. Thankfully you won't be near me so works out in my favor. ))
Caine's law.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 09:37:32 am »

(( If you live that long, non combat priest on the front lines in a holy war. Your head will be a priority target. Thankfully you won't be near me so works out in my favor. ))

((Who said anything about not fighting? I'm just not going to be in the pikeline, that's all.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6