Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 4/6.  (Read 3407 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is the 15th century of our lord, dark times are abound as our tale starts like all good tales in front of a warm fire with ale in hand...

Our noble adventuress are resting at the horn and axe a inn in the Free and Hanseatic City of Lübeck.
Intoxicated from a long night of drinking and fuelled with bold talk you both feel you can put the world to rights if only you do something now.

Rumours of people seeking freelancers have reached you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What do our hero do now in there quest for fame and fortune?

Our noble heroes
-----------------
Spoiler: Kelvin York (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvey (Patrick Hunt) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:12:48 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 2/6.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 12:55:45 pm »

Ask for further information on job 4.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:02:46 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 01:20:58 pm »

takes the job number 2
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 03:38:40 am »

(You all meet in a inn)

Kelvin look at his drinking buddy soon to be adventuring buddy "So Which do you think we should take? I'm interested in the third one myself."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 04:02:27 am »

I'm for 1-4, more interesting and better pay and prospects for me and my lazy friend who's getting a bucket of water tipped over him if he ain't up soon.

In fact.

Harvey looks around briefly before grabbing a passing servant and sending him up to Crowehearts room to throw a pale of water over him.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:46:07 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 12:09:36 pm »

"Out of those two, I would prefer the recruiting."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 01:02:31 pm »

" That suits me fine wars are good for getting rich. "
Caine's law.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 01:17:47 pm »

Overhead, there was the sound of the servants's footsteps. There was a mumour of voices before the shing of a sword, thudding into wood. Rapid foot steps of the servant running, babbling apologies, were followed by a slow, measured tread.

The bulky black-cloaked figure emerged from the stairwell and sat down heavily next to them. His clothes were dry.

"Have we decided on a task?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 01:28:25 pm »

Harvey snorted in amusement watching the servant run before pushing a bowl of porridge and a flagon of ale in front of Croweheart.

" You didn't need to terrify the pore man you could have just told him you were awake you know.

We decided on the crusade, good money, good prospects and plenty of chance to distinguish ourselves and make a few friends who know how to swing a sword, sound good?
"
Caine's law.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 03:05:54 pm »

"That sounds fine to me." With one hand, he pulled the mask away from his face at an angle, leaving it hidden while he spooned the porridge into his mouth. When he was done to released his grip and the mask slid back into place. He left the ale untouched on the table.
"Let us go, then."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 4/6.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 03:08:27 pm »

The four of you walk around town for a hour in and out of inn and ale houses until you find the Landsknechts.
The inside of the anvil and boar is filled with sleeping men, many of them wearing bold coloured and flamboyant outfits.

Kelvin quickly gets talking to a beard man in bright red jacket with green cloth puffing out of slashes.
"So you and your friends want to join us them? For a start i can offer you 4 Guilders a month (50$) and that is the basic rate.
Good steady men can rise quickly and where we going they will be a lot of chances to show the world just what you are made of."

You are taken aback by the offered sum, a conmen labour will make at most 2 Guilders a month.
"So will you come with me, following the banner of Matthias Corvinus to glory?"

Can any one think of a name for your group?
-----------------
Our noble heroes
-----------------
Spoiler: Kelvin York (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvey (Patrick Hunt) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:03:16 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 03:12:38 pm »

Standing nexto to Croweheart Harvey talks quietly.

" Think this idiot has any idea what the 2 of us are capable of? I'd wager on us ending up out ranking him by the end of the war if he lives long enough to kiss our boots at all with that attitude.

Should we accept now or see if we can push him to make a higher offer? Maybe explain who we are so he knows we're worth more then the idiots he's found thus far.
"

As he speaks Harvey looks a little strained and his hands twitch slightly towards the Glaives strapped to the small of his back.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:19:00 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 03:20:08 pm »

Kelvin remain silent, reading the others reactions

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »

Otto glares at the rest of the party. "I am a man of GOD. If we weren't fighting the heathen Muslims I wouldn't be here."

((Also, I forgot to buy a wooden cross for myself! Can you add that in for me, Funk?))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 03:57:26 pm »

" Be calm monk, the rest of us have other priorities the only question is how much we think is fair for the job. If you don't want your share we'll take it. "
Caine's law.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6