Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29145 times)

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #285 on: November 22, 2013, 05:31:29 am »

And I'm sure it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with FTL.

it's funny how playing FTL makes everything else Slower Than Heck  :P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 22, 2013, 02:37:36 pm »

Right!  I absolutely didn't forget that I was going to do an update today, certainly not!  Anyways...

Here we see something very unusual...  Heroes actually doing something.  Darkening chaos is casting "leech life" on the inanimate stone walls of the dark castle, and somebody is apparently going through a rather difficult pubearty, as evidenced by the significant change in voice and hair growth, as well as wild berserk rage and a propensity for eating raw salmon.

Burnt, meanwhile, was busy planting poisonous mushrooms no one will ever use in a part of the forest where nothing is and nobody will go to.  Three cheers for Fervus!

With that tower down, the vampire raids should stop and there will only be one major spot left on the map for the final lair to be hiding in.  There are still a lot of very fast, very angry shadow beasts in the area though, so caution should be applied liberally.  And with force.

A common enough sight...  Also, yes, for some bizarre reason I wound up putting you in as a ranger.  I'm not sure if I was just tired and mistook "Rogue" for "That other R-word thing", or if it was just my subconscious peeking out and raging about those goddamn thieving liar traitor bastard rogues.  Regardless, there you are.

Have you ever been so crazy that you yelled "COME TO PAPA!" at an undead monstrosity and wavy blue lightning shot out of your butt?  Well, that's just another day in the life of a warrior of discord.

Zieg, meanwhile, had decided that he was going to run out and get the 800 gold reward for exploring the area where I'm pretty sure the last lair is.  On the way, a rather pale old man in a red robe asked Zieg for directions to the nearest trading post, and was promptly mistaken for a vampire and hacked to pieces.

The fangs did give that sort of impression, though.  As did the deadly life-draining combat magic.  It's the sort of mistake that could happen to anybody.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 22, 2013, 02:51:18 pm »

Krevsin, seeing an opportunity, went straight past the blitzing Zieg and started longstriding his rangery way over to the reward flag himself.

Ah, Krevsin...  You, who for some reason never quite got the hang of this whole "money" thing, and are therefore flat broke with terrible equipment and barely enough healing potions to soothe a bothersome cough.

Yeah, that didn't work out too well for you, did it?  In your defense, you were at least trying to get away.  It's not quite as directly your fault that there are so damned many shadowbeasts around that they've quite frankly penned you in and stopped you from moving.  Still, you could have refrained from venturing into that area entirely, especially coming in from a direction that placed you behind the horde, so that when you saw the first one and crapped your Merry ManTM leggings, your idea of "running away" meant charging straight into the thick of them and getting forcibly acquainted with the sharper bits of shadowbeast anatomy.  Again. 

But hey, hindsight is always 20/20, am I right? 

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 22, 2013, 03:08:26 pm »

Reives, being a sun-worshiper, recognized the innately divine essence of something round, yellow and shiny.  Especially if there were 800 of them ready of the taking, and they could buy you cool things.  She decided that she was also going to attempt the trek out into dangerous territory.

She, on the other hand, brought along competent fighting skills, heavy armor and some spells of fiery destruction.

Things were a bit more in her favor than certain other, unmentioned individuals (note: I got Hans out of that situation by casting a spell on him that catapulted him to the complete other side of the map.  He decided to take the opportunity to go for a leisurely stroll)

Farther up north, there is now a gigantic mass of gold-hungry heroes and an absolutely massive cluster of skeletons wandering about in search of that reward flag.  The discordians are out in force, with 2nd Fiddle dragging along his huge bone posse, with Gamerlord and Sonlirain dragging along their gigantic, massive, hideously overinflated coinpurses that could well have been put towards some healing potions, y'know...  Just saying.

Also, congratulations to Sonlirain for now having amassed so much pocket change that the number is too big for his currency field to contain, so it's just started writing itself off the edge of the field and onto other parts of the screen.  Of particular note is that you're still actively carrying all of this around with you, as not one single one of you deemed it necessary to go back home and put it in a box under the bed or something.  Maybe you're all afraid some huge spider is gonna take it or something, I don't know.  You're all damn crazy.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, our settlement is still trundling along just fine.  The latest tax collection bumped our coffers up from 1400 gold pieces to an amount somewhere over 50,000 crowns (our treasurers are having a difficult time putting an accurate number to things, as most of them have run out of fingers and toes by this point).  This is why we love caravans and trading posts.

Yes, indeed, everything is just hunky-dory and dull and uneventf-oh fuck.

Ratapults.  Because having a bunch of man-rats with filth-encrusted swords come jumping out of the manholes isn't bad enough, you just gotta have some massive siege weapons somehow squeeze their way out of the sewer networks and start hurling big spiked balls filled with evil explosive fart juices.  Someone should probably do something.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 22, 2013, 03:18:56 pm »

Ratapults are deadly only for buildings, because they have rather hard time hitting heroes v:

They do hurt if they hit, though... am I still around? :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2013, 03:24:16 pm »

The ratapults were quickly dealt with by Myroc the Magically Mighty and Also Mostly Mad, a berserking wizard who had for whatever confounded reason purchased a potion of giant's strength.  Dude.  Seriously.  You're not even multiclassed.

At roughly the same time, a heroic adventuring party had formed out of the deep and lasting bond that people form whenever there's a large quantity of loot and XP to be had.

Lessee...  4 strength-based melee characters.  Diversification much? 

Regardless, they did eventually find the reward flag...  Somehow managing to explore every piece of the map except the part that has the lair in it, as per usual.  However, one bumbling fool managed to waltz into yet another shadowbeast, and in his frenzied scamperings managed to uncover the damned thing.

Ahh, the final obstacle...  Once this dark and EEEEEEEeeevil keep has been razed to the ground, we can finally, finally claim ourselves the victors and sole rulers over this particular chunk of not-particularly-much.  However, the world does not spin itself, and a certain incentive must be applied in order for our heroic nature to take its course...  Hmm, how to go about this...

That should just about cover it, don't you think?  I'm sure there must be someone out there who'd want a piece of that.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 22, 2013, 03:25:11 pm »

They do hurt if they hit, though... am I still around? :v

You are indeed.  You are currently fleeing in terror.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 22, 2013, 04:02:20 pm »

The gibbering gang of gold-greedy peeps that brought down the final bastion of evil.  First ones to arrive were the warrior party picture earlier, with Zieg, Sir Isdar, Sonlirain and Gamerlord.  Zieg and Isdar decided that the windows of the place were entirely too creepy, and started running for their lives in an extremely slow fashion.  Sonlirain and Gamerlord, still possessing absolutely no concept of self-preservation, couldn't care less.

Delta (top left, just ever so slightly offscreen) was the first one to actually cause damage to the building, however, thanks to the great reach of his mighty longbow.  The great reach that, contrary to what he'd intended, in fact placed him so far away from the building that he wasn't included when the reward money was paid out.  About 80% of the people in this picture just showed up from absolutely nowhere, and got equal shares of the obscene gold amount.  I mean, it's only fitting.

And with that, Round 3 draws to a close.  The first actually successful round of this LP!  I'd like to mention that it was actually quite drawn out for me as well, and not just because of my posting habits.  Maps of this size really are quite disturbingly large, and they generally take a very long time to complete just because of how far away from everything the heroes have to go before something actually shows up.  As such, I don't think I'm going to be picking a huge map again...  In fact, it might just be time for a small one.  We'll see.  I've got some ideas for the next round, if people are still interested...  This time, there WILL BE WIZARDS.  GODDAMNIT.

Quite a long time since I've seen that screen, actually...  Heh.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 22, 2013, 04:12:57 pm »

Taking suggestions for the next round's rules? If so, I'd say tack on super lairs, and make them respawning. And play the sorcerer's legacy (Or somesuch. It's expert level though). And disable gnome hovels (So you can't get a horde of builders early) and most temples (At the very least, the Dauros and Fervus ones).

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2013, 04:20:02 pm »

Nooo, take Serpent Pits with extra Dragons C:!

Gorgons everywhere~
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2013, 04:21:26 pm »

Hey, I want to give him a challenge that would last longer than a single update :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 22, 2013, 04:25:08 pm »

The ratapults were quickly dealt with by Myroc the Magically Mighty and Also Mostly Mad, a berserking wizard who had for whatever confounded reason purchased a potion of giant's strength.  Dude.  Seriously.  You're not even multiclassed.
Nine fucking Hells this is hilarious. Who needs magic when you can PUNCH CATAPULTS.

Make me a wizard for the next round too, and make sure the magic bazaar thing that sells these things continue to be present. I shall become the mightiest wizard in the land! Literally!
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

sirboomalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 22, 2013, 04:49:27 pm »

Personally I think you should go with goblin stronghold, goblin war parties, the golbin attack! special event, and the super layers special event.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 22, 2013, 04:56:40 pm »

Personally I think you should go with goblin stronghold, goblin war parties, the golbin attack! special event, and the super layers special event.

Hordes of unending goblins appeal to me. I highly support this idea.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 22, 2013, 05:23:53 pm »

Hordes of unending goblins appeal to me. I highly support this idea.

Yes, do that Kagus!

But make sure that you start with some guilds already built - otherwise the first high-tier goblin wave that appears ~Day 2 will overwhelm you. Tried three times myself :P
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26