Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29143 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #270 on: November 17, 2013, 08:38:12 pm »

Also minus Lunord and Helia.  There aren't any starts that combine non-human races though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2013, 12:15:24 am »

Nice though the united faiths start is, near as I can tell it has the unfortunate side effect of making it so you can't build any more temples of the types you start with. I'd... personally, I'd probably rather have an extra two or three krypta/fervus temples for massive chaff spam (because watching that three headed bugger get tromped almost entirely by skellie spam is kinda' glorious >_>) than being locked into that starting four and no more of their kind.

Definitely makes the early game a lot easier, though, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 18, 2013, 02:03:53 am »

I did a start with the United Faith, after a while, the pristesses where charming the vampires, and the cultists were charming Wendigo.  But, man, did they fill up the settlement with a ton of creatures.
    Is there a limit to the number of entities you can have in your kingdom?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 18, 2013, 02:53:35 am »

I think no. You can fill the entire map with temples and recruit dozens of heroes if you want to.
._.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 18, 2013, 03:35:08 am »

I did a start with the United Faith, after a while, the pristesses where charming the vampires, and the cultists were charming Wendigo.  But, man, did they fill up the settlement with a ton of creatures.

The best part is when your cultists and priestesses start dying.

Ohhh, fun ensues.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 19, 2013, 05:21:21 am »

The best part is when your cultists and priestesses start dying.

Ohhh, fun ensues.

To be fair, isn't hero's dying ALWAYS the best part  ;D

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 19, 2013, 01:47:29 pm »

Alright, sorry to keep this waiting...  I had the misfortune of installing FTL for the first time a couple days ago, so, ah...  Well, you know.

Some maps/general pictures of stuff would be pretty cool too. Just to see where everything is how things are hanging.

A zoomed out map of our kingdom would be nice.  Am I still alive?

Yes, EuchreJane is still very much alive, having only died...  However many times she died.  I dunno, man.  Point is, she's still walking around now and zapping rats.

As for maps...

Here we have the eastern part of our kingdom:

Here we see the outpost-keep itself, along with the Unmatched Carpets emporium on the edge of town, Karkov's Metal Trinkets, and the high temple to Fervus (with a notable lack of bears, most of the beasties are currently up north, wandering around along with the cultists).

Western part:

On this side we have the embassy, magic bazaar, secondary Fervus temple and our two warrior guilds.  We also see that Hans was willing to die if it meant he'd be famous, as he got snuffed just in time for the snapping of this shot.  You can make out the announcement in the lower left.

Full (mini-)map:

Points of interest:
1. Our glorious kingdom.  Sewers galore!
2. Trade outpost, includes an inn, guardhouse and trading post worth a lot of cash.
3. An alive (for once) Simmura, a dead Hans, and a buttload of shadowbeasts.

NOTE:  Some stuff was lost because of the crash.  I may or may not have exacerbated this by stupidly loading up one of my own saves instead of the autosave, causing the previous autosave to get overwritten.  It's impossible to prove either way, and is just one of life's many little mysteries that we have to be content with never knowing the answer to.

Now, please look over there while I merely pretend to re-hero whoever got lost in the mists of time and get things back to their previous state (I do enjoy playing these little pretend-games with myself for my own personal enjoyment).

EDIT:  We have a wizard!  First of the LP!  And we can't build a library, so he won't be able to reach his full potential!  Yaay!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 19, 2013, 02:12:43 pm »

The trading post is undergoing some ever-so-slight renovations, after some ever-so-slight cataclysmic damages were applied to it, courtesy of these white boyz in da hoodz:

That there is a big ol' can of whupass that's past the expiration date.

Sir Haspen has been valiantly dying again and again to these creatures, apparently thinking that if they drain him enough times the vampires will become obese and will perish from the health complications (such as being unable to fit inside their coffins when dawn breaks).

Unfortunately for him, that plan is completely asparagus and the vampires are having the time of their unlives just gobbling up everyone in their path.  Krevsin, showing a momentary glimpse of reason, decides that it's best to just not piss them off.  He goes off to play with his friends, the shadowbeasts, instead.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2013, 03:53:57 pm »

Sir Haspen and good knight Zieg managed to fend off the vampiric throng eventually, although this process was helped along by a passing Gamerlord, who appears to be completely oblivious to the fact that he walked past a couple of the fiends and that they're now tailing after him.

(There's also a friendly skeleton who is trying to smack the vampires, so we've got a crazy/dead/dead/dead conga line running across the map)

After uncounted resurrections, healings, change-of-hearts, withers, reward flags and other such nonsense in order to keep the now suicide-obsessed heroes from acting out their desires at the bloodied hands of the vampiric lords, I've managed to successfully bring our treasury from the entirely too imposing and bloated 50,000 crowns it was at, down to a far more reasonable 1600.

I also gave 2nd Fiddle a skeletal posse to follow him around, for no easily discernible reason.

They seem quite happy with their lot and easily entertained by Fiddle's comedic attempts.  But then again, they are dead, and aren't really capable of feeling or thinking much.  We suspect the reports of their jubilant contentment are, in fact, merely hallucinations spawned from Fiddle's attempts to poison his weapon by eating whatever the hell those cultists are planting.

sum1won the barbarian surprised us all by entering into a fight with actual healing potions in his inventory!  And he even used them at opportune times, and tried to disengage when at low health!  I feel proud to have such a high-functioning uncivilized brute on our team, providing a stark contrast to the at times unrefined behavior of the discordian slayers.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 19, 2013, 06:07:19 pm »

Som1won sounds like an ideal citizen and deserves a hearty booze break.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

sirboomalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 21, 2013, 01:08:11 am »

If this is still going, I'd like to be dorf'd as just about anything. Bonus points if that anything happens to frequently claim to be melting.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 21, 2013, 11:48:23 am »

If this is still going, I'd like to be dorf'd as just about anything. Bonus points if that anything happens to frequently claim to be melting.

Calling it now: A peasant.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 21, 2013, 12:08:20 pm »

No, that's wizards :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2013, 08:30:26 pm »

Depends on your definition of the term, really...   I'll see if our embassy manages to spit out another wizard.

Also, today was my lil' cousin's birthday, so I have an actually legitimate reason as to why I was too preoccupied to spew out an update tonight.  I'll wrangle one out on the morrow.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 22, 2013, 01:22:15 am »

And I'm sure it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with FTL.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26