Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Let's Play MAJESTY!  (Read 29144 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MAJESTY!
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2013, 05:24:53 pm »

Alright, that means we have 4 wizard requests.  That's a full guild.  Wizard towers are one of the more expensive guilds to make more of, so I'd like to ask that further requests for this round are made for other character types.  If you really want a wizard though, it is within the boundaries of reason to create another guild, they're not that bad, but it's still more of a cost than I'd like to consider affording right now...  Especially since I can't even currently afford to build a new marketplace, haha.

I'm done playing for the night, more updates tomorrow.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2013, 05:47:43 pm »

Supposedly there are actually several more levels of armor and weapons, all the way up to tier 7 (never seen it myself though).  Also, while they normally only show up from robbing or destroying lairs (and quite rarely at that), you'll find that the ones who actually wind up with the advanced tiers are the rangers, because their travels abroad can also result in them picking up advanced equipment.

And yeah, you've kitted out with a few things.  Last I checked you had tier 1 armor and a tier 2 sword, but that was quite some time ago.  I think you've got at least tier 2 on both now, since you've been hauling in some decent cash.  The main issue is just getting a spare moment to spend the stuff without having another goblin horde spatter out of the woodwork.

If memory serves, there's four tiers of armor and weapons and the last tier can only be looted or stolen from lairs.  Also, there are four tiers of enchantment and the last tier can only be looted or stolen from lairs.  And a weapon can be poisoned on top of that.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2013, 06:06:08 pm »

Looking at this page, you can see references to multiple tiers above the max offered by blacksmiths.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2013, 06:28:37 pm »

Can i have a rogue hero?
Their OCD looting of everything is often amusing.
Name him... Sonlirain (i don't have a head for names).
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2013, 06:59:07 pm »

Dorf me up: Delta the Ranger.

I've heard of this game before but never tried it. You've made a mighty fine sales pitch thus far, I might have to try and get into this before new year.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2013, 07:26:24 pm »

Alright, that means we have 4 wizard requests.  That's a full guild.  Wizard towers are one of the more expensive guilds to make more of, so I'd like to ask that further requests for this round are made for other character types.  If you really want a wizard though, it is within the boundaries of reason to create another guild, they're not that bad, but it's still more of a cost than I'd like to consider affording right now...  Especially since I can't even currently afford to build a new marketplace, haha.

I'm done playing for the night, more updates tomorrow.

The best place to put a Wizard Guild IMO is next to a sewer entrance but close to a tower.

Wizards are VERY worth it as they are outright the most powerful class in the game and are capable of just handing the butts to several of the game's bosses if they get to a high enough level.

The downside is that they are made of tinfoil and broken dreams and thus they are extremely death prone.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2013, 07:30:03 pm »

Dorf me up: Delta the Ranger.

I've heard of this game before but never tried it. You've made a mighty fine sales pitch thus far, I might have to try and get into this before new year.

Be warned the game difficulty level is... somewhat curvy.

In vanilla i blitzed through all the missions only to get stuck on the last one.
The missions form the expansion pack pretty much took my arse roasted it and handed it over to me half eaten... and i'm talking about the fist missions.
Majesty 2 has a nasty difficulty spike once you have to slay a dragon (even with guides and tips i found on the net i can't do it and it gets worse from that point on).

So yeah have !FUN!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:31:34 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2013, 08:20:15 pm »

Reading this LP certainly gave that impression. It has been quite a comical read thus far with the goblin raiders and whatnot.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:01 pm »

Sign me up as Irony the gnome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2013, 10:31:26 pm »

Sounds fun. Burnt the Gnome wishes to sign up!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2013, 10:41:46 pm »

... can I call dibs on gnomish hovel? Call it "Fine Carpets" and... if it's viable/okay, adjust any gnomes that come from it to a fabric themed name.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2013, 07:31:48 am »

... can I call dibs on gnomish hovel? Call it "Fine Carpets" and... if it's viable/okay, adjust any gnomes that come from it to a fabric themed name.

I'm afraid I won't be changing the names of any claimed gnomes unless the people behind them specifically say it's okay, but I'll be sure to set up the Fine Carpets emporium (emporignome?).

The best place to put a Wizard Guild IMO is next to a sewer entrance but close to a tower.

Honestly don't think I'd thought about putting them next to an entrance before...  I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I get to that point.  We certainly have plenty of sewer entrances...

That's one of the things that can quickly become a bit irritating/disruptive in Majesty...  There are specific conditions in place, where for every so many buildings you construct, an indestructible building called a "sewer entrance" will spawn somewhere inside your settlement.  Not only does this prevent anything else from being built there, it will also periodically spawn rat-type enemies, most notably the ratmen who can and will act just like your own rogues and steal all the tax revenue from nearby economic buildings.  This can be anything from a minor annoyance to financially crippling.

You can't get rid of sewer entrances, and there's one nasty little caveat that makes them even more terrible...  Entrances are created for every so many buildings built, not every so many buildings owned.  This means that if one building keeps getting leveled and rebuilt, you will keep spawning new immovable, indestructible monster generators near your settlement.  There's also a similar building, a graveyard, that spawns when a certain number of heroes die under your command.  These spawn undead rather than rats, and because the undead can't steal they're actually far less threatening overall.

Anyways, onwards to more glory!

Ahh, a new day for us to take on the foul, smelly, unwashed hordes (no offense to our steadily growing gnomish population, of course)!  New opportunities, new conquests, new-

...ah.  I'd forgotten where I was for a moment.

Yes, that's EuchreJack's newest grave marker, right next to Robin Hood's.  They will be deeply missed until I manage to gather the funds necessary to re-reanimate the deadnamic duo.

...or not.  That's our mausoleum, ransacked by a couple ratmen who'd spawned from the many, many sewer entrances we have and completely ignored our brave, valiant heroes in order to go for a target that had no gold and no real reason for the ratmen to destroy it other than to screw with us.  I'm fairly certain this means that Robin Hood, MonkeyHead and EuchreJack are now gone.

And we'll most likely soon be following suit, as a zombie horde headed by a vampire (the fellow in the dashing red robe up top) is not exactly what would serve us best in this situation, what with the broken sewer main and goblin invasion.  Plus even more of the ratmen.

Um...  Yeah.  This isn't looking too good.

In fact, we already would have lost were it not for Burnt, who has been repairing the palace from the other side faster than the attacking army can damage it.

(Not pictured: the zombie that has been wandering back and forth indecisively, trying to decide whether or not it wants to eat Burnt's brains)

Irony attempted a similar strategy to maintain Kovak's Metal Trinkets, but was summarily eviscerated by a Rodent of Unusual Size as he attempted his repairs from the same side as those attacking.

Japa the Third, Sir Haspen Ironclad and Deathsword have all been tapping into their primal rage and are berserking at every possible chance they get, and they're doing a good job, too...  Not good enough, but a good job nonetheless.  Japa's actually managed to kill a beast or two, I think.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2013, 07:53:15 am »

Sir Haspen and Deathsword manage to hack the vampire to bits (miraculously... Vampires are pretty tough opponents), and there is much rejoicing!

So much rejoicing, that Deathsword feels a grand surge of energy!   More alive than ever, he valiantly-

Died: Deathsword (warrior)
NAAAAAAAY!

Well, phoo.  And there goes Delta, barely managed to stick his head out the tent flap before having it lopped off by...  Something.  Not sure what.  Probably one of the bajillion ratmen we have wandering around.

Luckily, Burnt is doing a truly astonishing job of completely avoiding the attention of our occupying forces, and has been zipping back and forth repairing the blacksmith's and the palace and keeping them both from being turned to rubble.  If this keeps up, we may just be able to keep them distracted long enough for Sir Haspen and Japa to mop up the rest of the invaders...

But no, of course that wouldn't happen.  Instead we get goblins.

And then a meteor storm.  Because why not?

Finally, Burnt's valiant and untiring efforts are turned away as he gets focused down by a rat and a skeleton...  To his credit, he was one level away from becoming a champion like Japa, and still managed to live despite having been hit a couple times.  He is forced to retreat, and as Sir Haspen Ironclad pummels away at a zombie, the rest of the horde descends upon the palace and turns it to rubble.

"The day is lost, your majesty...  But there's always tomorrow!"

And those are the stats for the first round.  Next round will be coming up later on.  I'm not entirely sure whether or not I should carry over characters/character requests between rounds, so I think I'll leave that up to popular consensus.  Would you prefer a fresh start with new names/hero types, or would you rather have the same as before?  Levels and equipment and such will of course not be transferrable, but I can still give you the same names for the same types of champion.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2013, 07:58:23 am »

I vote new types.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2013, 08:12:55 am »

I would like to stay as a warrior still.

What caused my death? The zombies?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26