Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1129278 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6495 on: November 13, 2016, 05:21:07 pm »

<We have with us the soulspheres of two of our group, in theory we can use those to revive the two we lost. doing so would require not just power but also great skill at using it, to avoid causing them harm. are you able to do that?>
ask
To save time, the sword would ask to examine them. After examining them, it would say that it could easily reassemble the soul of the master of space, after commenting about its rarity.

However the dark one would not be so easy, both because his element makes finer manipulations harder and because his soul is pretty badly damaged. The first isn't such a big problem, they would just have to spend more energy on it, meaning it would take more time for the sword to recover to its full strength. Reviving people isn't cheap.

The second is a much greater problem because much like you, his mind and body depend very much on his soul and directly manipulating souls is one of the few things they cannot do. That kind of damage would have to heal naturally. There are big chunks of him missing and they will remain missing for quite some time after he is revived.

The best they can do about that is feed him more power, which could help with the healing process. Although they would express their displeasure with reviving and healing the dark one, they would not oppose you should you ask them to do it.

Other than that, all they need is some time and a place in which to work without dangers and distractions and they can get the soulspheres back on the world of the living.

GM see this.
<Do you know anything about what Ike's talking about? I'm guessing that stuff is probably yours if anyone's. what is it and may we take it with us?>
((The GM knows all and sees all. The GM is your friend and protector. Don't let traitors tell you otherwise. Trust the GM. Report all traitorous activities to the GM.))

<He is probably referring to the Armoury. The Battle-Armour of the First King and the Throne-Armour of the First King are enshrined inside. There were also some artifacts in the same chamber, but they were destroyed during the time of Sauthjor the Red, a previous wielder, when he died before he could return them here. If you believe this 'Ike' is worthy of it, then we shall help you retrieve the Battle-Armour. We doubt he can be as worthy of it as the beloved First King, but we hope that he shall treat that artifact with all the respect it deserves. We also doubt he has the mental fortitude necessary to wear and control the mighty Throne-Armour, so we suggest he does not attempt to take that, for it will surely result in his death.>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: November 13, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »

"Hey guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys.

Check out Bill And Ted."

I fell down the well for this plant, you're gonna look at him!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: November 13, 2016, 08:05:22 pm »

Admire plant.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: November 13, 2016, 08:22:26 pm »

"Ike, I only just met the sword, I don't know. Anyway, apparently there are two sets of armor in there, the nicer one requires a very strong will to use and will probably kill you if you mess with it. The sword is willing to help disable the traps in there for you if you promise to treat the 'Battle-Armour of the First King' with respect. I figure it's battle-armor, it's intended to be used, not put in a shrine somewhere and abandoned forever, similar to the sword, so it should be fine."
Ignore plant.
"However, I'd wait to try to mess with it until we have a way to get it out of here with the thing, climbing a rope in armor won't be easy, and I'm not feeling well. Could we please just leave, give me a chance to get some food in me, and then come back?"

<Um, how can I carry you out of here? I don't think I'm strong enough to climb a rope with you.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: November 13, 2016, 08:27:12 pm »

WMD, After the End

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: November 13, 2016, 11:50:34 pm »

"Hah, yeah...monster. There're people like you who just look different--it's how they act that's what I think your dad meant. Guess he meant the monsters that hurt you, hum? Don't worry about me--and my buddy, she's brown in fur and has more tails than me--we're pretty much like the people you talked to earlier. On your side.

"So, San. Any plans on your mind after you heal? You look better off than me; got anyone to talk to about any concern in mind?"

Keep San company!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: November 14, 2016, 05:01:13 am »

"Ike, I only just met the sword, I don't know. Anyway, apparently there are two sets of armor in there, the nicer one requires a very strong will to use and will probably kill you if you mess with it. The sword is willing to help disable the traps in there for you if you promise to treat the 'Battle-Armour of the First King' with respect. I figure it's battle-armor, it's intended to be used, not put in a shrine somewhere and abandoned forever, similar to the sword, so it should be fine."
Ignore plant.
"However, I'd wait to try to mess with it until we have a way to get it out of here with the thing, climbing a rope in armor won't be easy, and I'm not feeling well. Could we please just leave, give me a chance to get some food in me, and then come back?"

"Climbing a rope in armor shouldn't be that hard unless it's really shitty armor. It's not supposed to encumber you! But fine. Let's see if we can get some fine kwizine for you to enjoy."

After admiring the plant, take Irine on a food run of the town.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: November 14, 2016, 09:10:52 am »

"Hey. Guess why I named it Bill And Ted."

Attempt to make them guess on a trivial matter that I'm going to tell them anyway. Reply 'no you have to guess' like a degenerate pile of filth if they say 'why'.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6503 on: November 16, 2016, 03:38:17 pm »

Keep going underground.
You slide down the concrete slide with your robotank minions following you.

Most of the tunnel is covered in black graffiti, all variations of a single sentence: "YOU ARE STILL ALIVE". Even in places where moisture and mould have eaten through the concrete the graffiti, showing that whoever is doing this must have been doing it for quite some time. As you approach your destination you discover holes on the ground, black root-like structures boring through the concrete and reaching upwards. They are swaying slightly. You send one of your tanks towards them and they don't do anything, so you decide to keep going.

There is a giant root going through the concrete where a ladder used to be. This should lead up, close to your destination. The root has withered, leaving a gap around it you could climb through, but it would be tough. It would also be quite hard to bring your minions with you unless you enlarge the hole and build some sort of elevator again. Or maybe give them jetpacks. Or you could just keep going, search for another exit.

WMD, After the End

"Hey guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys.

Check out Bill And Ted."

I fell down the well for this plant, you're gonna look at him!
Look at my plant! My plant is amazing! Give it a whiff!
Admire plant.
It smells a bit strange. It reminds you of a human scent, but not quite.
Other than that, it looks quite nice. The leaves are thin and look kinda cracked. Their centre has started changing from green into a light violet.

Ignore plant.

<Um, how can I carry you out of here? I don't think I'm strong enough to climb a rope with you.>
You treat Alan like the father he never visited. Kinda like your father, now that I think about it. Since, you know, your creator god left, never bothered to check in, see how you're doing, if you needed any help. Wonder if gods get abandonment issues.

Anyway, I'll assume Ike gives you the sword. I'll also assume you take the sword to the armour room and Ike takes the armour after the sword disables the traps to save some time. It's quite light, as if it's made out of thin aluminum, so it's relatively easy to carry. He can put it on and try it out whenever he wants.

<We shall provide you with the means to escape.>
The sword points itself up and fires a beam of fire in while moving in a circle, making the walls of the hole above you straight and symmetrical.
It then stabs into the air around you several times, stabbing into space and weaving thing grey lines into it. The threads keep extending on their own, wrapping themselves around the rope.
It feels like the sword is telling your body what it's going to do, making it feel less disorienting as it acts on its own.
The sword's blade shortens, becoming more like a knife with a large hilt. You feel the urge to shout something about electrified felines.
After a few minutes the threads have extended all the way to the top. A ring of rocks from the top of well cracks and falls, pulling the threads through invisible puleys, pulling you and the others up. The makeshift elevator pulls you with just enough strength to get you out of the well and deposit you outside. The sword stabs itself to the ground as you land to help you stay on your feet.
<We would have flown you away, but you did not strike as as one who likes unnecessary displays of power. Besides, you intend to use us for a hard task and you are quite weak at this moment. 'tis best that we reserve our strength.>

Ignore plant.

"Climbing a rope in armor shouldn't be that hard unless it's really shitty armor. It's not supposed to encumber you! But fine. Let's see if we can get some fine kwizine for you to enjoy."

After admiring the plant, take Irine on a food run of the town.
"Hey. Guess why I named it Bill And Ted."

Attempt to make them guess on a trivial matter that I'm going to tell them anyway. Reply 'no you have to guess' like a degenerate pile of filth if they say 'why'.
"What just- Who are- What is- What?"
"Don't ask questions soldier. Just keep guarding my dungeon and don't let anyone in."
"Your dungeon?"
"Called dibs. Now its loot is mine. That's how dibs work."
The man doesn't know what to say.
"Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to show my pal here around town and take her to grab a bite."

Ike grabs Irine arm in arm and starts pointing at things while walking her forward.
"Now, this here is the great ravine of WhereTheTempleUsedToBe that was created during the events of the great black zombie infestation of severalDaysAgo. You see, during that battle..."

"...but they moved it here so now they have a short of storage area for all their immediate needs. It's sort of necessary with that many people gathered around here. And anyway, that there, that's the hospital slash HQ around here. It's also where most of the group are staying. Now come on, let's go in and grab a bite. The food is great. You see, the cook makes our group meals out of the stuff Alan summons, gives us the special treatment. And he spices things up with some sort of local herb that tastes just..."

Much chomping and talking ensues at the hospital. People are also curious about what is going on and where was Irine all that time, but they respect Ike enough to give them some privacy. They also probably don't want to get close to Alan, who somehow manages to be annoying even while eating. People always avoid the couples with the noisy kids at restaurants.

"Hah, yeah...monster. There're people like you who just look different--it's how they act that's what I think your dad meant. Guess he meant the monsters that hurt you, hum? Don't worry about me--and my buddy, she's brown in fur and has more tails than me--we're pretty much like the people you talked to earlier. On your side.

"So, San. Any plans on your mind after you heal? You look better off than me; got anyone to talk to about any concern in mind?"

Keep San company!
"I don't know. I was supposed to find my uncle in Giant's Wall but... I don't know how I can get there on my own. I don't know what I'll do here. I just woke up and nobody is telling me anything."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: November 16, 2016, 04:07:25 pm »

Time for Phase 2 of Plan Timeplants! Harvest as many seeds or flowers or whatever Bill And Ted is producing, and plant them in pots of their own!
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: November 16, 2016, 05:54:31 pm »

Grapples!  Give them all grapples so they can pull each other up (and maybe the first couple cling on to me.  And ideally incorporate them into close range combat routines.

If the hole needs to be bigger, manually control one of the robots to use its laser to widen the hole.  Should be able to technosense control it and borrow some sensors, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: November 16, 2016, 05:55:10 pm »

Saevus, After the End

No reason not to continue. Onwards!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: November 16, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »

((@abandonment issues - How has Irine acted regarding abandoning people? Or when she thought Stellar was abandoning her?))

I'll assume Ike also got me clothes, unless my old ones somehow survived all this or I got replacements in the firesword chamber somehow.
I need to check up on Theri as well, and to talk to her in private.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:22:49 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: November 16, 2016, 10:16:24 pm »

"You could come with us when my companions arrive--I'll take care of you if you want. We can find out your questions along the way, too. I'm very forgetful with names however; can you tell me what you like doing?"

Chat \o/

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: November 16, 2016, 11:55:57 pm »

"Right, now to commence matters of fashion!"

Put on the battle armor! See how it looks. Does it even fit?
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 521