Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1129319 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6480 on: November 13, 2016, 01:54:41 am »

<I believe I can do that, and will if I'm able. So... mind telling me who you are? I mean, I asked you before and you just bragged, but you didn't really tell me anything. like your name. and what you can do. and stuff.>

"Welp, that happened. Alan, please try not to fall on us like that, any of us could have been hurt. So Ike, what happened while I was out? How long was I out of it? several hours?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: November 13, 2016, 02:02:21 am »

"Well yeah but I didn't."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: November 13, 2016, 03:14:27 am »

"Several days at least. How long have you been down in this hole?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6483 on: November 13, 2016, 11:06:51 am »

"Nicely done, troops.  Let's move out."

Move out, following the underground tunnel in the direction of the comm center.  Same formation as before.  If we can't go any more underground, go ahead and go back up (after zooming out to make sure it's clear.)
You keep moving in the direction of the comm centre. You don't find anything obstructing your progress.

There are places where the ceiling has cracked and collapsed, where the buildings above have fallen through the ground and into this underground section. There are occasional signs of habitation around those holes, the odd tent or sleeping bag, but you do not actually see anyone down here. There's only your metal footsteps echoing in this giant underground space.

You occasionally zoom out to track your progress. As you reach the end of the residential area, the underground area comes to an abrupt stop. There are large holes in the floor close to the wall, enormous concrete slides leading deeper underground. You follow some of them down with your sight. They each appear to be leading to different levels and different directions, although some of them are interconnected. It's as if someone dug the tunnels for some sort of railway or metro system but never installed the rails, the carts and the stations.

You think you've identified a tunnel that leads to where you want to go. You could try to follow it there. Or you could make your way back up and make your way there through the surface.

"I'm a guardian, like I said," Theri replied with some toned humor, "And I'm not from here--just like you. I was with a group of around four more others, much of them like you, with only one pretty much like me; we came here to help the local citizenry and find someone very important to us (I'd say 'me' but that would be impolite).

"And it's more you're here to heal. You didn't do anything wrong, just like me. I got into a battle lately alongside the people here, we won but I lost my friend. I'm unsure where she is now. Also don't worry there, I believe you."

Your words have some effect on him. You can see him focusing on you, moving as if something happened and he wants to react but doesn't know how.

Theri pursed her lips and wondered.

"Are you still afraid of me?"

Keep at it \o/
"A little. My dad always said I should be careful of you. That if the monsters ever come I should run or hide and not look back."
"But you are nice to me. So maybe you are not a monster."

*gasp* *wheeze* *wheeeeeeeeeeeeze*

"Hey guys. Meet ... meet Bill And Ted!"

Alan holds the plant up for inspection, a grin on his face.

Introductions.
I imagine the standard trope of "Hey, Alan, are you allright?" *shaky thumbs up slowly rises from the floor in response before collapsing with a pained grunt*

<I believe I can do that, and will if I'm able. So... mind telling me who you are? I mean, I asked you before and you just bragged, but you didn't really tell me anything. like your name. and what you can do. and stuff.>
<We are Inira Milu Nimu-Kor, the Sword of Kings and Forger of Kingdoms, Aquiya Tin, the Moonblade, protector of the innocent, slayer of armies, bane of Stodir. We have the power of might, of right and of light. And as long as we are connected and you are with us, you can tap into that power. There is little that is beyond that power, though we are neither omniscient nor omnipotent and in the end the amount of power we can use depends on the power of our wielder. Simply ask of us what you wish and we shall grant it to you.>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: November 13, 2016, 11:27:01 am »

Keep going underground.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: November 13, 2016, 02:22:38 pm »

"I don't really know. I only woke up a short while ago, and I feel pretty terrible. Is the village okay? Did Vind make it out?"

<We have with us the soulspheres of two of our group, in theory we can use those to revive the two we lost. doing so would require not just power but also great skill at using it, to avoid causing them harm. are you able to do that?>
ask
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:18:39 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: November 13, 2016, 02:51:01 pm »

"I don't really know. I only woke up a short while ago, and I feel pretty terrible. Is the village okay? Did Vind make it out?"

"Kind of, it's chugging along at its own pace," Ike shrugs. "Luckily for those mooks, things have remained pretty damn boring. As for Vind, I have no idea who that is. So I'd say about 50/50 on him having been horribly killed."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: November 13, 2016, 04:06:56 pm »

I glance at Alan and then lean close to Ike and ask him too quietly for Alan to hear.
"Do you have any food or water? I'm really hungry."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: November 13, 2016, 04:11:04 pm »

"There's probably some we could find for you topside," Ike says before pointing deeper in excitedly. "But first, there's a room full of fire and heat and things to steal, so can you help me disable the fire trap so we can steal some of the riches held within?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: November 13, 2016, 04:18:25 pm »

"Um, let me ask the sword first. I don't think just stealing their stuff is a good idea unless they're okay with it."
GM see this.
<Do you know anything about what Ike's talking about? I'm guessing that stuff is probably yours if anyone's. what is it and may we take it with us?>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: November 13, 2016, 04:28:56 pm »

"Oh, the sword talks? Is it like a Hitchhiker's Guide?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: November 13, 2016, 04:29:37 pm »

"Um, what?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: November 13, 2016, 04:39:47 pm »

"You know, simultaneously cheap and informative yet apocryphal or at least wildly inaccurate. The perfect low-cost solution to being a stranger in a strange land."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: November 13, 2016, 05:14:22 pm »

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: November 13, 2016, 05:16:43 pm »

"Does it tell you how things work and what you're supposed to do and what is or isn't safe to eat in the environment?" Ike taps the sword with a finger. "Or is it more just a dubiously useful voice that talks shit nobody really cares about?"
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 521