Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1129249 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6510 on: November 17, 2016, 06:35:11 pm »

Time for Phase 2 of Plan Timeplants! Harvest as many seeds or flowers or whatever Bill And Ted is producing, and plant them in pots of their own!
The thing hasn yet to produce any flowers. You're not even sure if it produces flowers. Maybe it's just an alien carrot or potato. Its leaves do look kinda tasty though. You bet they'd be sweet. They certainly smell sweet.

((@abandonment issues - How has Irine acted regarding abandoning people? Or when she thought Stellar was abandoning her?))

I'll assume Ike also got me clothes, unless my old ones somehow survived all this or I got replacements in the firesword chamber somehow.
I need to check up on Theri as well, and to talk to her in private.
((Yeah, I've noticed. She also appears to feel pretty bad for abandoning her power and by proxy her creations.))

You could had taken clothes from that storage room Ike found. Let's say you did that.

Well, there's only that kid in her room. You could go in and talk to her. Or take her somewhere else if you feel this location isn't safe, she can walk if she moves slowly. I don't know what you'd prefer though. All rooms here are occupied so unless you try to empty one of them I don't know what you'd want to use. A closet? An alley? Start searching for a shed or similar? Start trying nearby buildings until you find one that's empty or has an empty room?

Anyway, assume you can get some privacy. How you do it is up to you.

"Right, now to commence matters of fashion!"

Put on the battle armor! See how it looks. Does it even fit?
Well, it was probably made for someone a bit more muscular and slightly shorter than you, but it's a pretty good fit nonetheless. You could wear it comfortably in battle, you could even wear it when not in battle assuming it doesn't get too hot when you're out walking long distances in the sun. It doesn't feel very restrictive and it's very light, so you can move with it almost as fast as you can move without it and it won't tire you too much.

There are pieces of it that sound hollow, especially close to the hands, but from what you can t tell that doesn't appear to impact its durability.

Overall it looks good. Makes you look very regal and cool, like someone you don't want to mess with. But maybe it's a bit too serious. Is serious your style? Maybe it would look better if you made it more lively? Painted it a nice pink?

"You could come with us when my companions arrive--I'll take care of you if you want. We can find out your questions along the way, too. I'm very forgetful with names however; can you tell me what you like doing?"

Chat \o/
"You would take me with you? I... I'm not sure. Maybe I should stay here and wait for my dad. I think... He might come back, right? He wouldn't just leave me. I should stay where he can find me. Except... Where are you going?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: November 17, 2016, 06:40:27 pm »

Then feed him love and other plant-essential things in non-lethal amounts! Bug various townspeople (if we got out of the well, I'm slightly unsure about that) until they point me to a gardener to pester for advice.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: November 17, 2016, 06:43:10 pm »

Looking super important is part of the job as a serious adventurer! Break the armor in a little. See if I can get some assistance in fitting it and such. Practice my moves with my sword in the armor until the rest of these fools are ready to roll!

EDIT: Though also, if possible, listen in on my surroundings as I do so. Anything ominous now that we're in a slightly less disorganized shape?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:20:56 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: November 17, 2016, 06:43:43 pm »

"I won't take you if you don't want to--but put in mind that your family such as your dad will always be looking for you. I could also tell my companions about your concern and we can head out to find them; did either of you talk on where to meet or what plans you have in mind if you were both separated? Any landmarks or otherwise? I forgot where we were going (I'll ask them later when they come back)--but we plan to leave this area if everything is alright in the coming week.

"Is there anything else worrying you or anything you might need?"

Attempt to conduct PFA! Also continue chatting.
in which psychological first aid is a thing. Haa!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: November 17, 2016, 06:46:29 pm »

WMD, After the End

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: November 18, 2016, 07:26:42 am »

I enter the infirmary, looking for Theri. Upon finding her, I briefly glance at the boy sharing the room with her, but turn my attention back to her almost instantly.
"Hey Theri. You feeling up for going for a walk? I need to talk to you privately about something."
If she agrees to it, then we'll just go to a large open area near the infirmary, where we could see someone coming and our words won't carry. No need to actually hide or whatever.

assuming she agreed, then once we got some space and I was fairly sure we wouldn't be overheard so long as we didn't yell-
"Theri, I found out something important about that darkness we were fighting in the village. You remember that creature that was the source of it all? The big one that tried to devour both of us? That was River. I think his magic was twisted by this place somehow, slowly turning him into a void-creature. Remember how paranoid he was back at the mage's tower? It seemed like his paranoia slowly spiraled out of control, feeding his voidmagic and his voidmagic corrupting his mind making him more paranoid and distrusting. and after he ran off at the mage's tower, I'd guess things didn't get any better."

"But, Theri? I'm sure it was him. After the beast died, it left behind River's soulsphere. It's... in a pretty bad way."
I show her River's soulsphere in its current corrupted state.
"We have a choice to make Theri, and though the choice was presented to me, in reality, the one who has the most right to make it is you. There is a failsafe for this mission. If River dies, and his soulsphere is destroyed, then we will be automatically sent back. The situation here has gotten completely out of hand, and the entities will understand why we had to return, though it will still count as a failed mission. You know how I look kinda different right now? All shiny and blonde and stuff? That's a side-effect of how River was stopped. It took a one-shot trick I can never do again, one with a very high cost. My flame abilities are weaker now than they used to be, by a lot. If River gets revived, and remember he is able to do that on his own, and he goes rampaging like this again. I don't think I can stop him."
"I did find some kind of artifact weapon in the aftermath, a flame sword with all kinds of abilities, that might be strong enough to let us finish the mission without River and without my flames. So it's not hopeless. And that weapon should also be able to revive our dead too, if we give it time to work, and preferably also provide a good environment for it and some power sources to draw on. But Theri? It can't clense the voidstuff from River. If we want to save him, we need to get him back to the Entities, and we need to do it before he revives, or he might kill us all. so we're on a time limit now. I'd guess something like two or three weeks? It probably depends a lot on where we go. Reviving people involves finding magic they match with, and River matches with Void magic, so places with void magic will probably both revive him faster and corrupt him even more."
"Theri, River is your Entity and companion, not mine. The choice to either kill him and go home, or to press on, isn't mine, though the choice was presented to me. The one of us with the most right to decide is you."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: November 18, 2016, 08:31:20 am »

I enter the infirmary, looking for Theri. Upon finding her, I briefly glance at the boy sharing the room with her, but turn my attention back to her almost instantly.
"Hey Theri. You feeling up for going for a walk? I need to talk to you privately about something."
If she agrees to it, then we'll just go to a large open area near the infirmary, where we could see someone coming and our words won't carry. No need to actually hide or whatever.
Theri looked at Irine for quite a moment, before turning abruptly to San and happily waved at her buddybuddy.
"Irine!
"San, this is my friend who I was talking about!"
she said very quickly, already subtly covering San's fear of monsters in the mention given Irine's very casual nature. She toned down her voice as she remembered there were a lot more patients in the other rooms.

"And sure, I'm feeling up for anything with you--I can't actually walk yet though. You look very well! Come sit down with us--the boy is named San, and he's pretty much like us; he's not from here and we've got to know each other just an hour or so back. You mind if it's something you can talk over in the company of us two? At this volume of voice, nobody else can hear us in the other rooms. Also sorry for the shouting but I just-...they said they couldn't find you when they checked the local church?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: November 18, 2016, 10:12:28 am »

"Ehhhhh, it really does need to be private. I have some bad news about River. He died, I got his soulsphere, but its damaged and the details are important and what I need to keep private. Anyway, um, yeah, I'm not surprised people couldn't find me, I ended up in a hidden complex underneath where the church used to be."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: November 18, 2016, 06:31:11 pm »

"...Well, that is very private then. Could you pull me up and-...tell me how that happened? Sorry there San, this really looks private," Theri said, trying to keep a straight face from wondering and jumping over all the details.

When they are in a pretty private place (like, a nearby grassy hill or something), after listening Irine's more-full explanation, Theri was happy she had the ground to slump on.

"Is...this the objective we've (pretty much far back) been chasing after then? River got to it first and...things happened? Can we delay the timer? I'll decide that we push the limit as far as reason permits and finish the mission as best as able before bre-before going after the safety mechanism and returning back."

Theri couldn't bring herself to say 'break', but her minds was onto consequences. "What are the drawbacks to if we broke it now? We return--it's marked as failed, and then what? The opposite is worrying about the revival and all, but I can see reasoning there. "River" didn't move to kill me when I got attacked, and I'm doubtful that souls can innately be corrupted (rather, their output or whatever is like the layer to the tangible world). So...is there anything else you'd like to mention because thank you for all that.

"...How did you end up under the church again? That's a pristine idea about the villagers here as an aside."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: November 18, 2016, 07:36:09 pm »

"I don't think it was the Target, but I can't be sure. I don't know what did cause it after all. My best guess is that he did this to himself by accident. The 'timer' can probably be delayed, yes, but the 'timer' is simply how long it takes River to revive himself. And I'm not saying his soul was corrupted exactly, but the soulspheres store so much more than just our souls themselves. I'm pretty sure the corruption is still in him, and will be when he comes back. especially if it is simply caused by the ambient nature of the magic of this world, and how it reacts to him. The drawback to breaking it now? Mission Failed, River Dead. That's it, it's that simple. But Theri, River DID move to kill you. The last hit he landed on you sent you flying out of the combat area, and he was preoccupied with me, so he didn't chase after you. But don't you remember him turning on you? River tried to kill you Theri. and he DID kill so many villagers. and he nearly killed me. When he comes back, don't expect it to really be him. Not unless we can get him back to the Staging Area, and even then I can make no promises for what the Entities can do for him."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: November 18, 2016, 07:44:54 pm »

"While 'he' did all that, there's a very obvious point that tells me that it's rather "him + whatever made it like that" rather than his intent and will alone. But yeah I got that point. We however don't know what happened with him but...I still do think we can do something about all this. So we'll push this as far as we can in the meantime.

"Also add in the note that there's someone who seems to have been affected by strange monsters in turn--that kid I met before that you saw? I think he's important in all this too."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: November 18, 2016, 07:45:52 pm »

"Hunuh? How?"

talking to the sword here, which I assume I'm keeping with me everywhere I go.
<Are you able to tell the difference between me and the remnant of D speaking through me?>

((note: in case it wasn't clear, although D was welcome, D's remanant is not. It is taking control and isn't really him, isn't really a person like D was, and as such cannot be trusted. D earned Irine's trust, D's remnant has only expressed itself by taking control of bits of her speech, making her say things she wouldn't. To her that is a VERY hostile act. She considers it an enemy until proven otherwise.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:23:54 pm by Lenglon »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: November 18, 2016, 08:53:34 pm »

"I think I'm being more forgetful than usual but that's me healing--but the kid..."San" is his name, he's been found nearby and what seems to be a victim of a monster-attack. He's separated from his dad, who comes off as the protective and stalwart type, and wishes to go look for him. He's got somewhat of a fear with us-" Theri touched her tail and pointed at where Irine's was, given her more acute ability to hide such things, "but he's ok with me after a few introductions. You mind if we bring him along if he wants? I'm thinking it is important because that can be our next lead to the Target...if we haven't found anything here. What happened to you anyway? How did you survive? You look pretty nice, all said."

Theri was just now noticing the changes Irine mentioned about her physical appearance, despite hearing that several minutes ago and seeing her in broad daylight.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: November 18, 2016, 09:47:03 pm »

((Irine is in Hybrid form, not human. all three of her tails are blatently showing.))
"I don't think we should bring a kid with us. imagine if he's been with us when River attacked. Could you have protected him? I know I couldn't. I couldn't even protect Vind, an able-bodied adult with some skill at fighting. We can't realistically keep the kid safe Theri. It'd be irresponsible to bring him along."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: November 18, 2016, 09:51:03 pm »

((Irine is in Hybrid form, not human. all three of her tails are blatently showing.))
((Got that note, but I wrote it that way because Theri knows that bit of Irine's :P))

"Where is Vind anyway? Or anyone else we met along the way? I only talked to Ike and it was nice to see that he's his usual self. Also...that's a good point. What shall I say to San, though? I doubt we'll be anymore useful IF something akin to River-back-there was something we'd face. We can handle anything lesser however."
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 521