Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1129318 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6465 on: November 06, 2016, 03:23:39 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"So what is this thing?"

See if I can maybe take the sword by the hilt. Be ready to dodge!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: November 06, 2016, 03:35:46 pm »

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Aim for the mattress!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: November 06, 2016, 06:09:40 pm »

<I did not say that. Justice is getting all pent up about trying to make things fair. Reality is unfair, that's just the nature of it, and if it were fair it would be uninteresting. I do not care for justice. What I do care for is duty. I have a duty to those under my protection, to those whom I am responsible for. River's known actions have been outside my jurisdiction. They have no impact upon my duty, because I was not responsible for River, nor for those he has affected. River was in charge of our group, it's organizer and leader. I was ordered to come, and was under his command. A subordinate is not responsible for the actions of their leader. Right now though, what I do with River's soulsphere IS my responsibility, and any further actions he takes until he has recovered the ability to make decisions for himself DO fall under my jurisdiction. So although his past actions are not something I need to be concerned with, his actions in the near future are.>

<Who I am (partially) responsible for is Vind, who was guiding me through the town and trusted me to protect him. and I am greatly afraid that my actions got him killed. some of the responsibility for his fate is his own, he knew the risks and chose to come, but some of it is mine.>

<And who I am entirely responsible for are those who had no choice but to trust me, no way to affect their fate or outcome of what happened, and whom I failed. For their sake, I have to do everything I can to make things right. That is my duty.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: November 06, 2016, 06:13:13 pm »

((So, how lucky did I get with that roll?))

Saevus, After the End

To the North!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: November 06, 2016, 11:15:52 pm »

Eeeehhh sure, head down and make the lift.  If I get ambushed while doing it, just set them loose in berserk mode (or whatever closest I can do) and make off on my own.  I can make more disposable murderbots.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6470 on: November 07, 2016, 06:39:35 pm »

I'd like to make extra sure Harry and Lenglon have read Alan's turn. I should had probably mentioned that in their turns, but I was tired at the time.

<I did not say that. Justice is getting all pent up about trying to make things fair. Reality is unfair, that's just the nature of it, and if it were fair it would be uninteresting. I do not care for justice. What I do care for is duty. I have a duty to those under my protection, to those whom I am responsible for. River's known actions have been outside my jurisdiction. They have no impact upon my duty, because I was not responsible for River, nor for those he has affected. River was in charge of our group, it's organizer and leader. I was ordered to come, and was under his command. A subordinate is not responsible for the actions of their leader. Right now though, what I do with River's soulsphere IS my responsibility, and any further actions he takes until he has recovered the ability to make decisions for himself DO fall under my jurisdiction. So although his past actions are not something I need to be concerned with, his actions in the near future are.>

<Who I am (partially) responsible for is Vind, who was guiding me through the town and trusted me to protect him. and I am greatly afraid that my actions got him killed. some of the responsibility for his fate is his own, he knew the risks and chose to come, but some of it is mine.>

<And who I am entirely responsible for are those who had no choice but to trust me, no way to affect their fate or outcome of what happened, and whom I failed. For their sake, I have to do everything I can to make things right. That is my duty.>
<That is good. We understand.>
<However you also said that your greatest desire is to end the one who destroyed your world. Mighty fine vengeance.>
<If that is not a quest for justice, then what is it? Your duty?>
<How can it be your duty if you do not know who they are and how and why they did those awful deeds?>
<Explain this to us and we shall make our final judgment.>

<If you find this attack unjust than consider this: If one offers you an armour they claim to be of unparalleled strength, you would be a fool to take their word for it and not test it with all your strength. You have to burn away the decorations and expose it for what it truly is, to probe its weakpoints, to look for hidden strengths that may surprise you. Your character will be our and your final defense. We would be fools not to test it.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: November 07, 2016, 07:47:33 pm »

<Again, that's not what I said. I said my ultimate goal was to make things right. Yes, my greatest desire is to end the one who did it, but I don't let my desires control me, I control them. That desire helps give me the strength to keep moving, but if at the end of it all, after learning what caused them to do it, they deserve forgiveness, then they'll get it, much as I may hate to - EEEEP!>
I can't be a good god if I don't fulfill my duties. I can't be a good god if I haven't experienced mortality. I can't be a good person if I can't forgive. I can't be a good guardian if I let attacks go unpunished. I just want to be good, and be worthy of my power. It's simple as that. I want to have truly earned the right to be proud of who I am.
((No, I hadn't been reading other people's turns, I figured Irine would be focused on the sword and I had been relativly busy))
I curl up into a ball on the spot, my tails positioned to cushion against the unavoidable impact as best they can, and hope Alan doesn't kill me.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 05:56:47 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: November 07, 2016, 08:03:38 pm »

WMD, After the End

Try to find another exit gate.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: November 08, 2016, 11:54:57 am »

I'd like to make extra sure Harry and Lenglon have read Alan's turn. I should had probably mentioned that in their turns, but I was tired at the time.

((I don't really read other people's turns either. But I was ready to dodge, so dodge I will!))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: November 11, 2016, 01:03:13 pm »

"I'm San. San Fjurrsson."
"That's a beautiful name. And I appreciate your openness in talking to me, San. That's very nice of you."

Theri noticed the young man looking at several points behind her, until she realized he was looking at several parts that 'were not really human', and turned around on her bed to look at him back.

"If it doesn't bother you, you can touch my ears too if you'd like. I'm not very good with conversations but I'd like you to know that when I said you're safe here with me--I feel the same with you. It's nice to meet nice people. Please continue talking, it helps the mood for everyone."

Let's all keep healing here, with a positive mood!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: November 11, 2016, 05:58:55 pm »

((minor edit to include Irine's at-the-heart reasoning. she doesn't want to directly claim it because she feels she hasn't earned her old title, and it would be presumptive and arrogant (in her mind at least) to claim it until she earned it.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6476 on: November 12, 2016, 10:52:38 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"So what is this thing?"

See if I can maybe take the sword by the hilt. Be ready to dodge!
"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Aim for the mattress!
<Again, that's not what I said. I said my ultimate goal was to make things right. Yes, my greatest desire is to end the one who did it, but I don't let my desires control me, I control them. That desire helps give me the strength to keep moving, but if at the end of it all, after learning what caused them to do it, they deserve forgiveness, then they'll get it, much as I may hate to - EEEEP!>
I can't be a good god if I don't fulfill my duties. I can't be a good god if I haven't experienced mortality. I can't be a good person if I can't forgive. I can't be a good guardian if I let attacks go unpunished. I just want to be good, and be worthy of my power. It's simple as that. I want to have truly earned the right to be proud of who I am.
((No, I hadn't been reading other people's turns, I figured Irine would be focused on the sword and I had been relativly busy))
I curl up into a ball on the spot, my tails positioned to cushion against the unavoidable impact as best they can, and hope Alan doesn't kill me.
The mattress slams against the ground, bounces and then slams against it once more. Alan manages to land on it, bounce off and then fall on the floor. Which hurts and knocks the wind out of him, but it's not as bad as it could had been. A moment later the mattress catches fire, the fabric on its centre getting burnt, its springs melted. Ike and Irine emerge from the burnt hole as the material sags and vaporizes, protected by an almost invisible barrier made out of grey wireframe lines, as if an cartoonist was trying to depict something invisible. Ike has moments ago collided with said barrier while trying to escape with the Sword currently in his hands. Said Sword is now connected to Irine via small distortions in the air.

<We have debated the matter and while there were reservations, we have come to the decision to accompany you for as long as you wish to. We only ask that you return us to this place or another place of power when you no longer require us, so that the fated one may more easily locate us.>

((So, how lucky did I get with that roll?))

Saevus, After the End

To the North!
((A fair bit.))

You get out and make your way across the rest of the parking lot without any incident. Outside there's a bridge crossing a small chasm. You start making your way across it. The road continues beyond that, leading to some sort of highway. Part of it is damage. There's also a residential area full of rundown houses next to a giant wall that divides the cavern in half. There's a giant machine embedded in that wall and the facilities to maintain it. The machine is apparently supposed to help extend a metal barrier that seals off parts of the cavern, as the other side of the wall is blocked by a giant metal wall extending from it. This place must be start-shaped or similar and these machines are meant to cut off pieces of that star.

Anyway, if you were to keep going north, you'd have to go through the residential area.

Eeeehhh sure, head down and make the lift.  If I get ambushed while doing it, just set them loose in berserk mode (or whatever closest I can do) and make off on my own.  I can make more disposable murderbots.
You quickly summon a rickety old lift and go down to the underground section. You then start getting your bots down one by one. You get about half of them down there before the elevator jams. You're about to start repairing it when a car of armed men arrive. They start firing on the bots and you return fire. They make short work of the vehicle, popping the wheels and filling the driver with smoking holes. The pickup truck swerves and crashes, throwing the men riding on its back down on the street in the process.

The bots swarm them while they are dazed and manage to take out the rest of them. Overall, they performed quite well. You only lost one of them when a lucky shot went between the laser and the armour and hit its chemical laser's ammo, blowing it up in an explosion of pretty colors and dangerous-looking fumes. The rest have only minor damage on the armour.

You manage to repair the lift and get the rest of them down before any more gunmen arrive. You close the entrance to the underground behind you with a loud clang that echoes throughout the empty underground area.

WMD, After the End

Try to find another exit gate.
You head back outside to the larger cavern area and look around. You can't see too far in this darkness. In the parts of the outer wall that you can see there are no other gates, at least none that you can see. The closest you can get is some giant pipes disappearing into the walls.

"I'm San. San Fjurrsson."
"That's a beautiful name. And I appreciate your openness in talking to me, San. That's very nice of you."

Theri noticed the young man looking at several points behind her, until she realized he was looking at several parts that 'were not really human', and turned around on her bed to look at him back.

"If it doesn't bother you, you can touch my ears too if you'd like. I'm not very good with conversations but I'd like you to know that when I said you're safe here with me--I feel the same with you. It's nice to meet nice people. Please continue talking, it helps the mood for everyone."

Let's all keep healing here, with a positive mood!
He stays quiet for a while, looking at you without moving
"Why are you here? Are you a prisoner? ... Are they going to put me away?"
"I didn't want to do anything wrong, I swear."

((minor edit to include Irine's at-the-heart reasoning. she doesn't want to directly claim it because she feels she hasn't earned her old title, and it would be presumptive and arrogant (in her mind at least) to claim it until she earned it.))
I also liked the original, before any of the edits you made.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: November 12, 2016, 11:24:09 pm »

"Nicely done, troops.  Let's move out."

Move out, following the underground tunnel in the direction of the comm center.  Same formation as before.  If we can't go any more underground, go ahead and go back up (after zooming out to make sure it's clear.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: November 13, 2016, 12:13:14 am »

"I'm a guardian, like I said," Theri replied with some toned humor, "And I'm not from here--just like you. I was with a group of around four more others, much of them like you, with only one pretty much like me; we came here to help the local citizenry and find someone very important to us (I'd say 'me' but that would be impolite).

"And it's more you're here to heal. You didn't do anything wrong, just like me. I got into a battle lately alongside the people here, we won but I lost my friend. I'm unsure where she is now. Also don't worry there, I believe you."

Theri pursed her lips and wondered.

"Are you still afraid of me?"

Keep at it \o/

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: November 13, 2016, 12:51:55 am »

*gasp* *wheeze* *wheeeeeeeeeeeeze*

"Hey guys. Meet ... meet Bill And Ted!"

Alan holds the plant up for inspection, a grin on his face.

Introductions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 521