Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127401 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #5010 on: September 10, 2015, 08:50:56 pm »

Seal-flop my way over to Saevus, the big armor guy, and try to endear him. See if he, as an animated suit of armor, can display any kind of emotions. That information would be.... useful c:
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: September 10, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »

"Ah, well done everyone.  That was a thing of beauty."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: September 10, 2015, 09:42:12 pm »

As George stands there, having just watched his allies play hot potato with an active grenade and the cartoony aftermath, he thinks back to what he heard moments ago.

<You're a smart man. You'll figure it out.> she says with a mocking tone.
He turns toward Roger.
"Hey buddy, is there a way for me to enable some kind of spam blocker for my brain?  There's another voice in my head.  She seems to enjoy taunting me, so I'm guessing she's buddies with Aurora."
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: September 11, 2015, 02:14:20 am »

Adam rubs the back of his head, seemingly returning to focus.
"Ah, goddammit, what was that? Is someone spitballing at me?"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: September 11, 2015, 06:36:52 am »

"Heh heh heh... Oh. Right, I should probably do something to help. Aheh..."
Get a better angle, then laser the mannequins in half.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5015 on: September 11, 2015, 09:17:09 pm »

"Hey Nikolai, can you make my noise makerer bigger and louderer like you do? Pleeeease? Pls do it pls. Oh, and this funnel."
Beg like an infant.
You beg like a pampered whiny child asking for a new pony.
Untsar the shackle before I lose my hand. Gotta remember to loosen it it before tsaring it again.

"Hey Nikolai, can you make my noise makerer bigger and louderer like you do? Pleeeease? Pls do it pls. Oh, and this funnel."

Beg like an infant.
"Let me get this straight. You have loud speaker that is already hurting everyone's ears. And you want it much much bigger and louder. With nothing but that tiny cone to redirect the sound."...

"Great idea! Summon a better cone and we have a deal my friend! We can use it to defeat those guys." Nikolai points to the soldiers marching towards us.

((By the way yes a cone is much better than a tube for directing and amplifying sound.))
You untsar it and wiggle your hand a bit to help circulation continue. Let's hope that the bruises won't last for long.
Campaign, Ike!

"How about we start moving, and you do all that on the way? Preferably away from those incoming assholes?"

Get this party bouncing away from the incoming people.
"Hnnnnnnnnng"

Wagon ho! Pls wagon nonlethal pls

In non-moonspeak: summon a wagon to carry all the random shit I keep pulling into existence.

Again?!
Thankfully you just get a two and nothing happens.
"Okay."
I start moving to leave and continue our journey to find the Severer.

((EDIT:  Paris, congrats for making the RTD Hall of Fame!))
((Totally have to support this...and submit my added info for NAV  :-X Waaaay overdue for me there...And grats Paris for this achievement! Make a good summary for it. :P I ddn't check yet.))

Please keep auto'ing me, or at least place me near Irine/Ike since I guess they're the most-known to me out of everyone else (or River).
Okay. And thank you.

Red Sky

Your group starts moving away, towards the east. The group of soldiers don't seem very keen on catching up with you but you're not exactly running either. Alan is not the most athletic type, Nikolai seems a bit tired, Irine seems distracted and River is hanging back a small distance behind the group, moving at an even slower pace. The soldiers manage to get closer, but they give up their chase after several minutes and start going back. Whether because night is falling, because you got too far from the city and their camp or for some other reason, you cannot tell.

You enter the eastern road and continue following it (at a slower pace now, to conserve your strength) until the sun disappears behind the approaching clouds of dirt, before going further, behind the distant mountains. More time passes, the sky becoming a mix of red, dark bluegreen, dark blue and then just dark. You keep moving, using the twilight to navigate, until that too disappears. Temperature that until now could had been described as 'pleasant' compared to the heat of the last couple of days has now started changing to 'chilly' and quickly moving towards 'cold'.

The road remains eerily empty, devoid of signs of life. You come upon no travellers, no animals, nothing. Those of you with enhanced hearing or smell can make out small creatures moving in the dirt and the dry bushes (rodents or bugs probably) and all of you hear it when some distant thing somewhere north of you emits a low pitched and long warbling call that ends with a high pitched whistle, barely audible in the wind. But none of you see any of them. Yet Ike saw the soldiers come from here, so there must be something at the end of this road... unless they were returning from some crazy expedition to nowhere.

You can tell that you're much further from the city now. The glowing fires on the volcano have become an orangered blob on the horizon, the river of fire a glowing layer of haze above the ground, barely visible, like the lights of a distant highway. The sky is clearer here, further away from whatever the volcano is spitting into the air, allowing you to get a better view of the contents of this alien firmament. It still looks somehow... empty. Not many stars are visible and those that are are gathered in small clusters. Maybe there is still something obscuring the other stars. Dust in the air combined with the light of the moon. A moon that looks crater-less, almost pristine, a curly line of light in the sky.

Irine would had probably noticed something inside her changing as she got further away from the city, whatever influence the magic of that place had on her receding, if her attention was not focused on her new link. Said link feels stronger now, more free, more... right, its nature clearer. There is more activity there, whatever barriers were there now gone. It responds to her touch more easily, but it chooses to remain asleep and inactive for now, besides some groggy words and a general feeling of affection and happiness, the pain and discomfort almost gone.

You can also tell that the sandstorm is much closer. The wind has gotten even stronger, making it harder to walk and sending dirt into your eyes and clothes and shoes, clinging to the most annoying places it can find. There is the sound of sand and dirt falling on more sand and dirt. You can see part of the sky has been obscured by the approaching wall of dust, the stars that were there disappearing. You can even make out the vague form of the wall itself with the small amount of light the moon and stars provide, enough for a colourless detail-lacking night-vision. So wide and tall, imposing and alien in a way. Human minds are not good with handling such scales. They keep telling you that a construct of such scale should not exist, is not normal, that it is scary. And yet it is something completely mundane. Just particles riding on a wave of wind. A wave that you will enter in earnest in less than half an hour.

Most of you have been up for most of the day and this part of the night, even though part of it was not spent engaging in any strenuous activities. You're not yet close to complete exhaustion and the cold is helping you conserve water by making you not sweat as much (although it does make breathing more uncomfortable). But you've started getting thirsty, tired and hungry, your legs starting to ache from the constant walking. Well, with the appropriate variations. Alan probably wanted to stop walking and rest since before you even started walking and Nikolai was already a bit tired when you started, while Ike could (with some luck) keep going all night and then some. You're not that sure about how River rates in that scale. He must still be hanging back, keeping a relatively small and constant distance between you and him. Not close enough to be seen or heard, but close enough to be occasionally detected by those of you with better-than-human sight or hearing (though not smell).

Anything you want to ask or change? Keep following the road? Or is there anything else you want to do?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:44:23 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: September 11, 2015, 10:40:19 pm »

"Anyone else getting tired and hungry?"

Share whatever food and water I have left with everyone. And just one shot of the booze for warmth.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: September 12, 2015, 01:26:15 am »

"Not liking that storm wall. Better try to find shelter for now and get ourselves rested."

Let's find some shelter and, with the help of Alan if necessary, have some dinner.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: September 12, 2015, 02:32:24 am »

Saevus notices Rune flopping his way to him and realizes that he has never seen such a being before.

"What is this vile creature?"

Prepare for combat! Summon the largest club I can wield and be ready for anything. This thing is obviously dangerous!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: September 12, 2015, 09:03:28 am »

"Yeah, I agree with getting shelter. Sandstorms aren't to be taken lightly."

to Food/Water/Shelter!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: September 12, 2015, 09:58:40 am »

to Food/Water/Shelter!
Take a proactive role in doing scouting! Hopefully I'll be useful with my physical aptitude here!
Also Auto me a bit more! Apologies! {Exam week! Search my posts for the cause (Happy Thread Post)--Can't seem to link it for some reason at the moment :-X }

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: September 12, 2015, 10:15:19 am »

Yes, search for shelter! Maybe I can create some shelter by tsaring that tattered curtain I'm carrying as a tent?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:18:00 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: September 12, 2015, 01:48:22 pm »

Provide food if needed (for me the answer is yes).
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5023 on: September 14, 2015, 09:18:57 pm »

Staging Area

"So, are you guys ready to rumble?"
"I am certainly ready!"

Seal-flop my way over to Saevus, the big armor guy, and try to endear him. See if he, as an animated suit of armor, can display any kind of emotions. That information would be.... useful c:
That depends. If you're looking for facial expressions that might convey a certain emotion or some sort of unconscious micro-expression that might convey a certain subconscious thought, then no, you're not likely to find something like that, since he has no head. On the other hand, all other ways of expressing emotion should work. His body language is a bit harder to interpret than most humans (not very easy to say how tense or relaxed he is) but you can see the way he moves his hands and head and he can always speak and state his emotions that way. Or raise a giant club and prepare to dodge and/or hit you with it. That seems like a very clear way to communicate his current emotions and intentions.

Saevus notices Rune flopping his way to him and realizes that he has never seen such a being before.

"What is this vile creature?"

Prepare for combat! Summon the largest club I can wield and be ready for anything. This thing is obviously dangerous!
"Vile beast! Returnesth to thy wastes from whence thy came!" you say as you brandish a large spiked club and get ready to strike or retreat.
"Don't let WWF see you with that thing." Roger comments.
"Why? Afraid they'll sue me?"
"Maybe they'll boycott you."
"Yeah, right. They could hurt my sales."
You're not sure what they're talking about, but from their tone, you'd guess they are not completely serious.

As George stands there, having just watched his allies play hot potato with an active grenade and the cartoony aftermath, he thinks back to what he heard moments ago.

<You're a smart man. You'll figure it out.> she says with a mocking tone.
He turns toward Roger.
"Hey buddy, is there a way for me to enable some kind of spam blocker for my brain?  There's another voice in my head.  She seems to enjoy taunting me, so I'm guessing she's buddies with Aurora."
"Scuzati mi amigo. No can do. But I understand why you'd want to spare yourself from comments less awesome than mine."
<Fuck you D..>
"Oooh, certainly. Sounds kinky. My section or yours?"
<Hehe. Ass.>
"Sure, ass is fine. You know I'm an open person."
"If you think you are being somehow hurt, then you can ask for protection. But otherwise, as long as you are not in your private area, then everyone can talk to you or otherwise interact with you to the extent permitted by the rules."

Adam rubs the back of his head, seemingly returning to focus.
"Ah, goddammit, what was that? Is someone spitballing at me?"
Everybody whistles while looking away. Even the suit of armour. You're not sure how that's possible.

"No, I'm certainly not distorting reality."

Campaign

"Anyone else getting tired and hungry?"

Share whatever food and water I have left with everyone. And just one shot of the booze for warmth.
You don't have much left beyond some condiments and a bit of water. And your booze, of course. River really went to town with them. You eat them anyway, bland as they may be, turning your back on the wind in hopes of keeping the sand out of your mouth. The booze helps purge the taste by setting your throat and stomach on fire (figuratively).

"Not liking that storm wall. Better try to find shelter for now and get ourselves rested."

Let's find some shelter and, with the help of Alan if necessary, have some dinner.
"Yeah, I agree with getting shelter. Sandstorms aren't to be taken lightly."

to Food/Water/Shelter!
Yes, search for shelter! Maybe I can create some shelter by tsaring that tattered curtain I'm carrying as a tent?
You'd need some kind of tent-pole for that. And the largest thing you got is your sword. And that's not long enough. Plus, that thing is a bit damaged. It probably wouldn't hold that well against the strong wind, even if you did find something to hold it down. Could maybe put them all together and then try tsaring them. Hope the effect will repair the damage and take care of the difference in proportion.
Provide food if needed (for me the answer is yes).
All you manage to do is summon a slice of bread. So all you manage to do is make a sandwich. With actual sand.
Mmmm... Sandy...
to Food/Water/Shelter!
Take a proactive role in doing scouting! Hopefully I'll be useful with my physical aptitude here!
Also Auto me a bit more! Apologies! {Exam week! Search my posts for the cause (Happy Thread Post)--Can't seem to link it for some reason at the moment :-X }

You search around, doing your best to perceive your surroundings in these adverse and low-light conditions. There is little of interest in the area. It's mostly flat and barren. But with some walking around and careful searching, you manage to find something: a much smaller dirt path, branching off the main road. It's not made out of stones like the larger path. It is marked by the lack of plants and two lines in the dirt, furrowed by the wheels of vehicles and the occasional stone on the side of the road. It looks like it was half-obscured by dirt even before the sandstorm came.

It could lead to some sort of town or cave or other place that could act as a temporary shelter. If you're lucky, it would be quicker, easier and safer than digging or otherwise creating a shelter here.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:23:19 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: September 14, 2015, 09:25:58 pm »

Stab the sword into ground, drape and tie the tattered curtain over it, use some rocks to hold down the sides, then tsar and repair to make it an actually decent tent.
Unless we plan on following Theri's path instead.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:31:16 am by NAV »
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 521