Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127338 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4995 on: September 08, 2015, 02:29:10 pm »

Try to hide behind closest teammate.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4996 on: September 09, 2015, 02:32:28 pm »

the A team
((I'm fine with combining groups, even if I'm not in one of the groups you would combine.))
Team A
"There's someone out there, afraid and sad. Could be the person that was taken."
Head in the direction of the sad person, watch out for traps.
You step through the threshold and into the deathly cold of the grove, feeling the covering of snow crunching beneath your feet. The mist and general uniformity of the place make it hard to keep your bearings. It would probably be easy to get lost in here if it wasn't for the trail of footprints and your ability providing you with a point of reference.

As you follow the trail and the psychic signals, you notice that the two trails of footprints diverge slightly but continue in the same general direction. You also notice something else: The psychic presence you noticed earlier, spread out everywhere around you, is somewhat denser here. And it becomes even more dense as you approach that person.

You hear the door slam shut behind you. You are about to consider what that means when you notice someone in front of you. Long dark hair, barely visible through the mist.
"Who are you?" comes a female voice
She slowly lifts her head to look at you, becoming a face visible through the mist, eyes red from tears framed by dark hair. You recognise her as the girl from the briefing. The one that was abducted. At least, she looks very much like her. It wasn't a very high quality picture.
"Y-you are one of them." she adds.
There is little emotion in her voice, but you can sense the anger in her, the same anger resonating with the psychic presence around her almost at the same time.

<Svajoklis, Team A>
Now that I have a light source that is unlikely to give out, search through the room for anything useful.
Our spooky friend dislikes light, likely because it makes it shootable. we should be safe for a while. The sad person seeem like bait to me. Cop we found earlyer was eaten. I doubt anyone kidnaped has enough mind or brain matter left intact to feel sad.

You step away from the door and start searching around in the furniture of the room with the light it provides. There's little of interest here. Empty candleholders, dyes, incense.

You're in the process of searching under the couch when the door slams shut behind you, accompanied by a gurgling sqwaking that cuts through the ensuing darkness.

And yet you are smiling with a doomguy smile. Because in the split second before that happened, you grabbed a thing that looks like a big ass torch made out of a spiky mace. And a box of matches. You don't know who put those there or why, but you feel the need to thank them.

((And here we see the luck mechanic and equipment generator in action.))

Team A

Still charging.
You wait.
Nothing happens.
You feel the need to tap your foot, but then you realise you don't have one.
About 35 seconds left.
Wonder if you could prank call your teammates.

Baold team
Shoulder ram one of them
You try to run towards one of the mannequins in the limited space you have. The thing tries to stab you but you weave out of the way, at the same time shoulder ramming it and throwing it over you and behind you, granting you some respite as the fallen body act as a barrier.

Try to hide behind closest teammate.
You manage to run away using the best predicted route and hide behind Fizz, just as he manages to get away from the cluster of mannequins surrounding him. Looks like both of you have some bad injuries on your back.
"Save me, save me! Hurt them, hurt them!"
"Yes, hurt you, hurt you, save them, save them, got it."

Resume lasering the mannequins harassing my teammates.
You draw your teammates' attempts to run away using stick figures on your notepad. You use such colourful onomatopoeia as "Fwing!", "Slich!", "Fwap!", "Bzzrrt!" and "Slam!".

The good news is that the things are not paying any attention to you,  so you're completely safe. The... sort-of-bad news is that your teammates are on the opposite side of the room, right between you and the things.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4997 on: September 09, 2015, 03:01:21 pm »

"Quick question... is Nick omniscient? Is he going to know exactly where we are, exactly what we're planning, and exactly when we're going to do things?"
"No, not really. But he might be able to use his skills to find your general location.
And he has seen you fight, so he knows what you can do and how you tend to fight. Except for the new guys and any new skills you might have received, that is. But even for those he might have a general idea. Some of us tend to gossip a bit."

He says that last bit while looking at Roger.

George lets out a disappointed sigh.  I guess I won't be receiving unlimited power after all.  What a shame.  Eh, maybe some day.  He raises his hand to ask a question.

"So basically, we have to fight a giant pigeon that spits lightning at us?  Oh yeah, that sure sounds easy.  Are we at least provided with any weapons or tools?  Seriously, all I can do is heal myself.  Well, I guess I can heal others too..."  George looks at the collection of bizarre looking people standing around him. "...but I'm not sure I feel comfortable making physical contact with some of these people.  No offense guys and, uh, giant walking suit of armor."

George glances at the images of the burnt landscape with some apprehension.
"Also, I don't like those fires I'm seeing at this place.  I'm kind of allergic to fire.  Will the arena be cleared of all fire before the match begins?"
"Pigeon?! PIGEON?!" the crow caws angrily.
"This bird nothing like those filthy stupid flying rats!"
"Protip: Don't offend the guy that will be trying to kill you in a few moments. Or the guys that will be fighting that guy with you." the man besides you whispers to you.

<You're a smart man. You'll figure it out.> she says with a mocking tone.
"To answer your question, the arena is what it is and the challenge is what it is. No extinguishing, no equipment, nothing more or less than what you see here. You're free to use the world, your bodies and each other however you wish, but we will provide no assistance to him or you. Unless commentary can be considered assistance."

"The point is to overcome the challenge, to win. No matter which way you choose to do so. So you must show us that you can find a way to win. Preferably a good one. And an entertaining one. Do you want to hide so that you can be the last to die and win that way? Or maybe even stab your teammates in the back? That's fine by me. There are no rules in the arena. Everything goes."

Adam nods, "Seems simple enough, is this Nick vulnerable to electricity? His own or from others."
"No thing is invulnerable. But he is less than vulnerable."

John grinned.  "Well, I don't intentionally start fires, but they just tend to happen.  I can summon anything mechanical, and as it turns out grenades and missiles aren't too hard to summon, and highly effective.  Watch!"

Summon a frag grenade for emphasis.
You summon a strange spherical device.
It falls on your hand and starts beeping.
From the looks of things, it uses what you assume to be a power source to heat something at its core and then release it with a small detonation.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: September 09, 2015, 03:20:58 pm »

John grinned.  "Anyone for a quick game of hot potato while we wait?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: September 09, 2015, 03:37:05 pm »

Saevus raises his blingcannon hand. The gold one.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: September 09, 2015, 03:57:32 pm »

"Whatever.... I guess I'll do it."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:59:24 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: September 09, 2015, 04:30:34 pm »

<Team A, Svajoklis>

Forgeting to hide something that could harm you? Heh, sir Fifty-five, those SCP guys who say you are not (in containment) might just be right.

Light a match. If I see our shadowy friend, mace him. If not, light the torch.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: September 09, 2015, 06:07:11 pm »

Team A

Still charging. Oooh, can I flood the team comms with banjo music? If so, do that. It's a great prank.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: September 09, 2015, 08:06:49 pm »

With a laugh, John activated the grenade and threw it at Roger.  "Think fast!"

Hot potato at Roger!

((EDIT:  Paris, congrats for making the RTD Hall of Fame!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: September 09, 2015, 08:37:47 pm »

If the grenade happens to go my way, blast it towards the new guy.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: September 09, 2015, 08:46:49 pm »

((Totally have to support this...and submit my added info for NAV  :-X Waaaay overdue for me there...And grats Paris for this achievement! Make a good summary for it. :P I ddn't check yet.))

Please keep auto'ing me, or at least place me near Irine/Ike since I guess they're the most-known to me out of everyone else (or River).

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: September 09, 2015, 11:23:17 pm »

team A
Keep my distance from the girl, keeping my hands raised where she can see them
"Easy there, not one of who? I'm not one of the people who took you. I'm with the police."
Be cautious, there have been odd forces at play and she might be possessed.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: September 10, 2015, 10:47:09 am »

((Aurora is cyan with a blue glow right?  Is this some other Entity?))
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: September 10, 2015, 02:14:01 pm »

Change into a cute seal. No one would throw a grenade at a cute seal, right? If some monster person throws it at me anyways, bounce it off my nose towards another person, preferably the new guy.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5009 on: September 10, 2015, 08:23:44 pm »

With a laugh, John activated the grenade and threw it at Roger.  "Think fast!"

Hot potato at Roger!

((Haha! Thanks guys! You made my day even better! I've been smiling like an idiot all day today.))
If the grenade happens to go my way, blast it towards the new guy.
((Aurora is cyan with a blue glow right?  Is this some other Entity?))
((All the entities are in the first post. That one is NAV's. I don't think she's talked much to many players besides him.))
Change into a cute seal. No one would throw a grenade at a cute seal, right? If some monster person throws it at me anyways, bounce it off my nose towards another person, preferably the new guy.

John tosses the beeping potato device at Roger, who comically fumbles, tossing the grenade from one hand to the other a couple of times as if it is hot, before "accidentally" tossing it towards Saevus. By the time Saevus has realised what's going on the grenade has bounced off his helmet and is once more flying through the air, where it receives an extra helping hand from Saevus' bling cannon, sending it even higher. The sphere bounces off a barely visible bird in the sky and then starts heading down again, where it bounces off Adam's head (who currently appears completely oblivious to what's going on around him) and goes straight towards Rune. Rune uses his seal form to bounce the ball with professional precision to George. And George instinctively catches it just as the beeping starts getting more frequent and higher pitched.

"Bravo, bellissima! You win!" Roger announces as he takes the device from his hands and eats it with one quick motion.
His body distorts slightly and his stomach glows brightly for a few seconds. So brightly in fact, that you can make out his bones and internal organs. And then he returns to normal.
He burps, releasing a bit of dangerous-looking glowing blue gas that slowly disperses and disappears into distortions in the air indicating heat.
"Mama mia! That's-a a spicy meatball-a!" he adds as he uses his index finger and thumb to make a "perfect" gesture while his other hand has its palm pointing towards the sky. An woodcock falls into it a few moments later.
"Oh, for me? You guys spoil me. I'm sort-of-full now, but I'll keep it for dinner!"

((I bet you can recognise where that line is from. Here's the original commercial: https://youtu.be/NQhwNtY3N2k))
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 521