Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125473 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4545 on: August 06, 2015, 09:26:45 pm »

"River, Theri, it's good to see you!"

Nikolai searches every inch of the bar, but doesn't find anything.
"Damn, everything's looted already. Let's get moving."

"Those poor refugees have had enough, let's not visiting and risk killing more of them. South sounds nice, we should go south."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: August 06, 2015, 09:54:22 pm »

"I... Yes please."
I accept the offered shirt and see how it fits on me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: August 06, 2015, 10:03:17 pm »

Campaign

"Hmph. Humans." he comments with a hint of anger as he finishes working on his armour.

Zechariah's mind drifts off to the Second World - the place where the main issue that spawned the Shadows there was the conflict between different peoples and species. Humans versus angels, angels versus mermen, and so on. Driven by hate and fear, anxious of what would happen to them. Thankfully, that was the one single world that they managed to completely save.
The other worlds - well, they had their own fates.

"They're afraid. They let that - the fear - drive their actions. Don't blame them all." He looks at one of his hands and says somberly, "The hate both sides create feeds the Shadows. I don't want that to happen. We should try to avoid further conflict where possible, at least until we get our strength back."

He turns to Nikolai.
"If Ike is right, the canyon seems like a good choice for now. We can set up camp and rest. The human settlements concern me, but hopefully that won't be too much of a problem. The canyon gives me some opportunities to conceal us if we find a good sheltered position.
After, River can tell us what he knows about the region, and we move from there."

Zechariah looks back at his hands. "If possible, I'll also need to find some sort of long branch or something that I can imbue with my energy to make a temporary staff. That explosion leaves little chance for me to find Joma, at least not for a very long while - maybe even until we get back to the Staging Area. It will have to do, for now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: August 07, 2015, 04:36:02 am »

Campaign, Ike!

((Well, Ike was reciting all that from memory, by which I mean I skimmed the post with the map. Some errors are bound to occur.))

"You have any idea what we'd be looking for? A size, a shape, an overall timeframe in tens, hundreds, thousands of years, maybe a habit or two? As it is, your intuition's the best clue we have, unsubstantiated as it is, but I'd like a bit more on top, you know?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4549 on: August 07, 2015, 05:18:36 am »

Team B: H4zardZ1, Wolfkit, Illgeo
Team B.
"You see? They are trying to make us think it's an ambush! Or... are they trying to make us think that they are trying to make us think it's an ambush? Insufficient information."
Take off one of my shoes and throw it at closest and garishest mannequin.
You start untying your shoe, but then your teammate just runs into the room, making the test a bit unnecessary.

((Fizz's attacks are mostly shoulder rams. It's going to be. :P))
"Whatever. I'll break this door."
Another shoulder ram to the door.
You run straight into the room, heading for one of the other two doors.

The mannequins immediately move to block your path, raising their hands and their white bone (or maybe ceramic) knives.
Glancing behind you, you notice another group of 16 mannequins, similar to the first, except for the fact that they have a black colour scheme and are wearing suits. They move to cut you off from your teammates, half of them facing you, the other half facing them.

"Who else saw that coming a mile away?" Welroki says, raising his hand.

Team C: akkudakku, FallacyOfUrist, mydjet
((OOC, I want to science. IC...))

"RAAGHH!!!"

Punch through the barrier! Then do it again! Repeat until the barrier breaks! Then do it again!
Repeat until the barrier breaks! Then do it again!
((I'm going to destroy you! And then destroy you again!))

You scream as you launch multiple rapid devastating strikes on the barrier, each strike releasing a rain of sparks, but in the end all this results into is you panting with nothing to show for it but the burnt flesh on your hands. Every time the barrier bent or distorted, it was immediately replenished. Looks like whatever is powering this can output power much quicker than you can.

Team A: DreamerGhost, Beirus, Alarith
Team A

If I feel threatened or a suitable target presents itself (like that bird thing), do the thing I do and shoot the threat with the anchors, aiming to pierce it with one and constrict it with any others.
The rest of the team runs away. A couple of seconds later, your flash-lights go out again. You cannot see anything.
You know there's something dangerous there. Even if you didn't knew that, you could feel it. The darkness is thick with danger, a feeling of impending doom, amplified by the fact that you are alone. Alone in the dark. And you cannot tell where it is.

Let's hope your intuition is good?

Team A

<I think its coming down behind me, I'm going to try for the door.>
grab the ammo and what equipment I can manage from the man, head towards the exit. Again what's the void doing?
You grab the man's pistol and start running towards the exit. The lights go out a few seconds later, making navigating through the mess of furniture and other crap stored down here a lot harder. You try to follow Svajoklis' mental signal, but it is still difficult when you can see nothing. You bump into something and are forced to stop to avoid falling.

You can feel the void condensing behind you, a dark cloud lunging towards you.

<Svajoklis, Team A>

The things here seem to have quite an appetite. I say we move out and find something to start a fire with. Fuck this dark.

Grab ammo from corpse. Move towards the exit. In case something unrecognisable/eldrich apears/makes a sound/etc. shoot it.

You grab the man's belt (which includes most of his equipment) and start running towards the exit. The lights go out a few seconds later, but your memory and ability to understand where you are allows you to navigate in the darkness with ease.

OOC
Zechariah's mind drifts off to the Second World - the place where the main issue that spawned the Shadows there was the conflict between different peoples and species.
So... one could say the problem was the... Second World War?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4550 on: August 07, 2015, 06:08:42 am »

"Rover, you're not you when you're hungry. I don't have a Snickers, but I have this!"

Heave food sack at River.
River almost tears the sack open in his rush to get in its contents, before diving his head inside it and starting to chomp. He grunts something that could had been a 'thank you' in between bites as he hastily consumes anything he can find in there. Looks like he's got quite the appetite. At this rate he could eat everything.

You could even say he's Hungry like the Wolf.

"River, Theri, it's good to see you!"

Nikolai searches every inch of the bar, but doesn't find anything.
"Damn, everything's looted already. Let's get moving."

"Those poor refugees have had enough, let's not visiting and risk killing more of them. South sounds nice, we should go south."

Well, there's some cooking implements here, some wood, a couple of boxes, a bit of broken glass. You could take a spoon, Tsar it, hit someone in the face and say "See you ladle!"

"I... Yes please."
I accept the offered shirt and see how it fits on me.
You accept the offered shirt and attempt to wear it. Takes some effort, but you finally manage to get your hands through the sleeves.

Your character has the appearance of a young human female, so statistics would say that it would be a bit too large for her, maybe even going as far as a bit above her knees. Enough to shield her from that light breeze that has picked up recently and protect her modesty, I would assume, but not very comfortable, sleeves too long, a bit baggy. Unless she is about as tall as a tall human male.

Hey, maybe there's a part of her anatomy that is large enough to fill the shirt and cause it to rise, if you know what I mean.
Why are you looking at me like that? I was talking about her tails. She could hide them there. What did you think I meant?

Campaign

"Hmph. Humans." he comments with a hint of anger as he finishes working on his armour.

Zechariah's mind drifts off to the Second World - the place where the main issue that spawned the Shadows there was the conflict between different peoples and species. Humans versus angels, angels versus mermen, and so on. Driven by hate and fear, anxious of what would happen to them. Thankfully, that was the one single world that they managed to completely save.
The other worlds - well, they had their own fates.

"They're afraid. They let that - the fear - drive their actions. Don't blame them all." He looks at one of his hands and says somberly, "The hate both sides create feeds the Shadows. I don't want that to happen. We should try to avoid further conflict where possible, at least until we get our strength back."

He turns to Nikolai.
"If Ike is right, the canyon seems like a good choice for now. We can set up camp and rest. The human settlements concern me, but hopefully that won't be too much of a problem. The canyon gives me some opportunities to conceal us if we find a good sheltered position.
After, River can tell us what he knows about the region, and we move from there."

Zechariah looks back at his hands. "If possible, I'll also need to find some sort of long branch or something that I can imbue with my energy to make a temporary staff. That explosion leaves little chance for me to find Joma, at least not for a very long while - maybe even until we get back to the Staging Area. It will have to do, for now.
River snorts as you speak about not to blame them, clearly not agreeing very much, but saying nothing.

"Do not worry. I will help with your staff."

Campaign, Ike!

((Well, Ike was reciting all that from memory, by which I mean I skimmed the post with the map. Some errors are bound to occur.))

"You have any idea what we'd be looking for? A size, a shape, an overall timeframe in tens, hundreds, thousands of years, maybe a habit or two? As it is, your intuition's the best clue we have, unsubstantiated as it is, but I'd like a bit more on top, you know?"
"What do you mean timeframe?"

OOC
Hey, I'm in the mood for stupid jokes today.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: August 07, 2015, 06:25:16 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I mean, what are we looking for? I don't know much about these entity life cycles. Is the thing we're looking for a nameless horror from the beginning of time or somebody who dropped in? Has it lived here for ten years, a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand? It changes the nature of the clues we are looking for."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: August 07, 2015, 10:27:29 am »

Team A

Shoot once at the thing behind me, and follow up with a telekinetic push, if there is a chance I can hit a friend just use telekinesis on it.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: August 07, 2015, 01:22:42 pm »

Campaign: Nikolai

If there's any cooking tools that would make a better weapon than my glass shard take them. And don't suppse I can fashion a shield from the wood?

"Nailboard wasn't good enough for you, Zech?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: August 07, 2015, 02:21:54 pm »

RAAGH. If I can't punch through the barrier, I'll just have to punch through the wall next to it!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: August 07, 2015, 03:15:55 pm »

Team A

"I'd recommend y'all get as far from this room as possible."

Do the thing. Do the thing now. Start charging. If a viable enemy target presents itself, shoot it with my anchors to impale it with one and wrap it with the others to hold it there.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:44:05 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: August 07, 2015, 03:24:05 pm »

Idly summon some sunglasses.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: August 08, 2015, 02:47:42 am »

((Much stuffs happened since last post; sorry can't get any more tonight--REAL TIRED X_X Still haven't finished replying to all my PMs too!))

Last Note for Theri...

((I like how Ike didn't detect my scene and instead only River's when he tracked the tavern. XD))

Theri gave Irine a hug before she could say anything. She would've done so with the rest, but the conversations popping up told her that she just came in at a time where much was in play.

"Theri, are you okay? River seemed worried he'd have trouble healing you."
"I'm alright, but completely disoriented--I didn't know these clothes belonged to anyone's scouts. I was just brought here by River after he found me. I have no idea or recollection about this whole place at all. And it is nice to see you all back and well!"

She looks at Ike, deciding how best to keep herself abreast with the goings-on recently by asking general questions.

"So what happened since we...um, last met? Where are we? Staging Area or somewhere near it? Or in a whole place altogether? What's the plan?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: August 08, 2015, 03:02:43 am »

She looks at Ike, deciding how best to keep herself abreast with the goings-on recently by asking general questions.

"So what happened since we...um, last met? Where are we? Staging Area or somewhere near it? Or in a whole place altogether? What's the plan?"

Ike, assuming the question is directed at him, answers readily.

"As you may recall, our last meeting came to an end when you, me and as far as I can tell anyone else in our jolly group were atomized by a massive explosion of our own making that essentially nuked this fine city. We were then resurrected one by one from our handy-dandy resurrection spheres - me first, then Irine, then the others in some order or another, and finally you."

"You are now within the ruins, which are full of monsters, refugees and probably other things as well. The plan is that we find the entity that River doesn't like and help him kill it dead. The particulars, as you in all likelihood can tell, still need to be worked out."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: August 08, 2015, 04:19:41 am »

"Thanks Ike. So how do we find this entity? Any tracks or trails?"

The enormity of the world nudged Theri's thoughts. Connecting the idea of the Staging Grounds and River's make (along with the other entities with him) to the creation or...entry of this world: she wondered how deep the tapestry of reality was woven.

"And...um, can we fight it physically? Since, well, I'm not capable of most powers the rest of you have."

She raised her eyebrows at Irine. Theri had always wanted to try that kind of prowess.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 521