Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125253 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4515 on: August 04, 2015, 10:34:04 am »

((super-tired right now. no new action to post. just trailing along behind Ike.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: August 04, 2015, 11:23:33 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Theri couldn't help but stifle a laugh with her hand as she observed River's expressions, until it hit her that he had a neural connection with the rest--it still looked a bit silly, though understandably silly now. She wondered about the camps she found earlier.

"I'd love to, but I'd love to do it with you. I've also been looking around the place and couldn't help but notice a few camps--two of them, by the roadside. There were brown-ish figures in one and the other was devoid of anything I could see from about a hundred meters."

She nonchalantly smoothed out the creases in her clothing.

"I think those aren't our people judging by the wording you just said. Can we check that place out?"

Query!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: August 04, 2015, 11:33:18 am »

((Wait, I don't have pain sensors. I'm a slime. Why was I gurgling in pain? Whatever.))

"Glub. Blub Glub Blub."

Spoiler: Gooey (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4518 on: August 04, 2015, 12:19:31 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

<Up until now I never appreciated how much hiking adventuring parties have to do.>

Keep on walking in the free world.
You keep walking, following River's scent trail. It's a bit strange, it disappears in places, then reappears further away. At one point it merges with a fresh scent trail of two humans before disappearing again.

You continue following it until you reach a door, outside what looks like an abandoned tavern of some sort. It's got a place for a sign to hang outside, but the sign itself is missing. This part of town has definitely seen better days. One could argue that the same could be said about the entire city, but this is different. This place looks like it had gone downhill way before the city blew up. Yet it appears that it has seen a resurgence of activity recently. There's more human smells here, less recent, new footprints as well as drag marks on the dirt.

So, what about the door? Shave and a haircut?

((super-tired right now. no new action to post. just trailing along behind Ike.))
((Sure thing. Hope you rest well.))

Theri couldn't help but stifle a laugh with her hand as she observed River's expressions, until it hit her that he had a neural connection with the rest--it still looked a bit silly, though understandably silly now. She wondered about the camps she found earlier.

"I'd love to, but I'd love to do it with you. I've also been looking around the place and couldn't help but notice a few camps--two of them, by the roadside. There were brown-ish figures in one and the other was devoid of anything I could see from about a hundred meters."

She nonchalantly smoothed out the creases in her clothing.

"I think those aren't our people judging by the wording you just said. Can we check that place out?"

Query!
"Yes." he says, pausing for a few seconds as he focuses on working on wearing his armour.
He chose not to wear the shirt underneath it, leaving the fur on large parts of his arms and torso exposed.
"If that is what you want. ... Although..."
He pauses his work and looks up at you.
"I think they are the ones that hurt Irine. It might be better if we talked to her first."
After a couple of seconds of looking at you, he gets back to focusing on the clothes, this time attempting to wear pants without causing pain to his leg.

((Wait, I don't have pain sensors. I'm a slime. Why was I gurgling in pain? Whatever.))
Anyway, got to go now, turn later.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:00:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: August 04, 2015, 02:26:08 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

To the party: <Wait, I smell people. Two of 'em, fresh trails. Keep an eye out, people.>

To River: <There's two people been around your hideout recently. You seen them? Also, I'm here, I think? Some kind of ex-tavern's where you're at, right? I thought about knocking, but hey, telepathy. I'll let myself in.>

Go inside if I can open the door. Seems like the right place to go.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: August 04, 2015, 02:59:33 pm »

Alan considers yodelling, but decides to be minutely more cautious than that and settles for dancing a minor jig while waiting for something to happen.

Just follow along with Ike for now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: August 04, 2015, 03:09:30 pm »

"Finally, a bar. I hope they still have drinks?"
Into the bar.

"Hey Nikolai have you ever tried using your power on drugs? Like what if you did your thing on a package of ... what's the green stuff called again? You smoke it. I'm thinking 'bucket'."
"Yeah, that's always fun."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:45:13 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: August 04, 2015, 04:52:10 pm »

((OOC, I want to science. IC...))

"RAAGHH!!!"

Punch through the barrier! Then do it again! Repeat until the barrier breaks! Then do it again!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: August 04, 2015, 04:55:59 pm »

(well, since I'm out, I'd like to get to know my voice in my head more. Forgot what they're called, but that would be interesting. Who's in the staging area right now, anyway?)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: August 04, 2015, 06:15:17 pm »

<Oh, that's interesting. Did you always have this fatalistic and defeatist attitude and tendency to complain to whoever you meet or is this a recent development? Most test subjects usually put up some sort of fight or try to bargain or even run away.>

George rolled his eyes, and continued speaking out loud to the air.
"Oh well, now that you mention it, Ms. alien therapist, I have been feeling stressed lately.  I think it started after an alien parasite squeezed itself into my skull.  Now, maybe most people can shrug off that kind of thing, but unfortunately I haven't been coping very well.  Knowing there's some kind of gooey creature wrapped around my brain, taking a nap, no less, has left me a wee bit frazzled."

"Seriously though, are we just gonna chit chat or is something supposed to happen?  Who are you, anyway? "
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: August 04, 2015, 09:34:23 pm »

same as before
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: August 05, 2015, 10:44:29 am »

Team A

<I think its coming down behind me, I'm going to try for the door.>
grab the ammo and what equipment I can manage from the man, head towards the exit. Again what's the void doing?
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: August 05, 2015, 03:31:37 pm »

Team B.
"You see? They are trying to make us think it's an ambush! Or... are they trying to make us think that they are trying to make us think it's an ambush? Insufficient information."
Take off one of my shoes and throw it at closest and garishest mannequin.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4528 on: August 05, 2015, 06:03:29 pm »

Campaign

Tiruin
River tries to put on pants for a few seconds before getting frustrated from the pain and just ripping the bottom half off, turning them into much easier to wear shorts. That done, he starts trying to wear the armour over it.
"They are outside. Could you open the door?" he says as he works.

((Gonna assume you comply to expedite things.))

Campaign, Ike!

To the party: <Wait, I smell people. Two of 'em, fresh trails. Keep an eye out, people.>

To River: <There's two people been around your hideout recently. You seen them? Also, I'm here, I think? Some kind of ex-tavern's where you're at, right? I thought about knocking, but hey, telepathy. I'll let myself in.>

Go inside if I can open the door. Seems like the right place to go.
<Do not worry about the humans. They will not be a problem.>
You push the door but it seems blocked from the inside.
<Wait. We will open it.>
Could probably force it open or climb in through the roof, but why risk it?

A few moments later, Theri opens the door, wearing the same clothing and armour the scouts were wearing. You can see River sitting on the floor behind her with his back resting on the bar. He's wearing the same clothes as Theri, but with the shirt and bottom part of the pants missing. He looks up at you and slowly wags his tail for a couple of seconds.
"You are here." he states before he returns to working on tightening the straps on his leg armour without hurting his leg.

Final Round

Saevus takes a quick look at his leg. "I have had worse."

Spoiler: Now get off. (click to show/hide)

"Glub. Blub Glub Blub."

Spoiler: Gooey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goo (click to show/hide)

Rune quickly moves upwards, trying to damage the rest of Saevus' torso. He succeeds, but Saevus quickly blasts him off and onto the pavement below him, rendering the damage of his attack insignificant. Still, the damage is starting to accumulate. He feels weaker and his leg sometimes refuses to move. Especially now that it's sporting a new dent.

Saevus proceeds with a counterattack, chopping off another piece from Rune with his giant cleaver. Rune barely manages to hold on and not give in to pain. At this rate, Rune won't last long.

OOC
I'll do a staging area turn tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:37:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: August 05, 2015, 06:08:56 pm »

Spoiler: Ruh roh. (click to show/hide)

((Since Saevus attacked me with the cleaver and cut off a portion of myself, presumably letting out a bunch of acid, shouldn't his cleaver be coated in acid and potentially rendered unusable?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 521