Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126269 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Cobblestone Path Fighter
« Reply #4110 on: June 24, 2015, 09:56:18 pm »

Final Round

"Consider yourself fingerbanged!!... ewww..."
Act like I have a grenade, pull the pin, and throw. While this distracts him, throw miscellaneous items of my clothing at him, then rapidly morph into something akin to a velociraptor, high speed and sharp claws but light and unadorned. Continue moving back.
You attempt to remove your pants. While running backwards. This has the quite predictable result of you tripping and falling on your back.

Untangling the mess of cloth at your feet and standing up would probably take some time, so you choose to simply make the best of this delay and use it to transform. You focus on transforming on a velociraptor, but as you do so, you get distracted thinking about how they are sometimes compared to chicken.

In the end, you end up transforming into some sort of terror bird. You're a relatively short and fat giant bird, but at least you've got somewhat sharp claws, fast legs and a fearsome beak.

"Thy sorcery is useless!"

Discard the axe and summon a crossbow. Shoot Rune repeatedly while advancing.
Your opponent appears to be pretending to be throwing balls at you. Does he think you're a silly dog that's going to follow a ball that was not thrown?

Your aim is good, but unfortunately you lack the power or efficiency to sustain your arrows long enough for them to make it there.

You at least manage to get pretty close when Rune trips while trying to remove his pants for some reason.

And then he transforms into a giant chicken.

"That was shockingly effective."

Spoiler: John Action (click to show/hide)

EDIT:  Slight change.
"Fri'zzz'i fragart tagget!"
Spoiler: Ron Shocked Angry (click to show/hide)
Ron starts pushing himself up. The hulking man walks towards John slowly and menacingly, as if shocking him only made him angrier. John is unimpressed by his opponents endurance and cockiness. He'll just have to use something bigger.

He waves his hands around and a giant tube starts assembling in front of him, being filled with all sorts of nasty things. Burning things, maiming things, exploding things... Within seconds, the assembly is completed with the addition of a nozzle in the back and a cone with a smiley face painted on it in the front.

There is a spark followed by a burst of exhaust before the giant projectile disappears down the hallway towards its target, the exhaust being pushed through the nozzle emitting a sound much like a whistle.

Spoiler: John (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)

OOC
The living suit of armour is chasing a giant chicken through the city.
That's a sentence I never imagined myself saying.
I imagine the Benny Hill theme playing.

Sorry for the delays so far. Things should be better for the next couple of months, unless I find another figurative wall to bang my head on.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: June 25, 2015, 04:53:05 am »

Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: June 25, 2015, 06:11:42 am »

Should've upgraded my range. Throw the crossbow away. Summon axe. Become Chicken Chaser. Become chicken disemboweler. Pull him to me if needed.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: June 25, 2015, 06:34:00 am »

"BAWK?!?!"

It'll do.

Quickly evolve that special body part I selected, the poisony-gas one. At the same time, turn around, start clucking like a maniac, and run the opposite way.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4114 on: June 25, 2015, 07:05:07 am »

Campaign

"I'll take first watch. Everyone else get some sleep. You heard River, we leave tomorrow and wait for no one."

Replace my nailboard with one of Ike's swords.
Get some better slinging rocks. You mentioned the ground being covered in them.

Stay awake and guard the group. Someone has to, unless we want to get our throats slit in the night.

You head outside where you get a short sword and some rocks. Yay, rocks!
((Oh jeez. I'm back.))

Campaign

Zechariah didn't really understand what went down. He had been so tired from transferring so much energy to help River that he pretty much knocked himself out until now. Now, River is chastising them for what they did.

He wanted to say something. He really did. At the end of River's speech, he opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it. Now was not the time to argue, especially since Zechariah hadn't had such a good track record himself. This only put more weight on his shoulders.

But he didn't want to prove River right, either.

Walk over to Nikolai and help him watch for guard as best as I can. Try to make myself feel better by talking.

"Hey, Nikolai," Zechariah says as he walks slowly over to where Nikolai is. "Do you... do you know what happened? I was.. kinda knocked out."
You join Nikolai in guard duty, trying to stay awake by the good old technique of talking.
You can't see much in these conditions, but maybe you'll be able to hear anyone coming. Or simply have them bump into you.

The snoring coming from your small shelter stops about a minute later.
Campaign, Ike!

"Roger, roger!" says Ike with a slightly forced grin, then walks off to find a place to sleep. He's now seemingly feeling a bit better.

Go find a place to sleep. Hand over one of my remaining swords (one already went to Nikolai) to... I dunno, Theri if she's around, Alan if she's not. Leave it as a present next to him in the latter event.
You leave a sword next to Alan and head outside.

The sky looks even darker than before. The moon has probably set. The sun will probably start rising in a couple of hours.

You semi-blindly grope around until you find a nice hole to sleep in.

You lie down and close your eyes. Lying down and relaxing your muscles after all the effort you've expended produces an incredible amount of euphoria. This is probably going to be a very deep and pleasant sleep, despite the hardness of your "bed". You try not to think about the soreness, tiredness and hunger tomorrow will bring. For now, you sleep.

As you lie there, drifting to sleep, you catch a scent. You've smelled it a few times before in the city, mostly around here, near the cracks. But you've never connected the smell with whatever left it.

It disappears a few seconds later. Maybe just something in the wind.

Thdogg sucsh ashh witttth tttthinkhing

Sleepily insult River for no discernible reason. Then slip into a coma-like state to recover my strength, complete with thunderous snoring.
((I almost did not understand what you were saying. Which I guess is good role playing on your part.))
I quietly cry into River.
<I'm Sorry...>
<Your apology is worthless.>
<Sleep. You need to hide.>

Cold and darkness surrounds you, sapping you of your strength. You are forced to unconsciousness.

Everyone
((Fast forwarding time until the sun is up. Any actions you wanna do in the meantime or if you want to stop time earlier or if you're not ready to fast forward yet, post to indicate your intentions now.))

OOC
((...yes.
To be more specific, both if that's alright. Just curious since I'd never really thought about the actual builds and stuff.))
Well, what your character is is a glass cannon with some utility. Very powerful, somewhat versatile and not very good at surviving.

How you play your character... Ever seen Dumbass from the CS animations by flashdeck? That's what your character reminds me of.

A reckless man that tries to help and have fun in his own particular way, made useful (and dangerous) by the power he wields. He sometimes helps (sometimes in very surprising ways), he sometimes... doesn't help (sometimes at the same time as he is helping), he is sometimes lucky enough to survive things he shouldn't had possibly been able to survive while other times it seems like the whole world is conspiring to make him the punchlines to its jokes, he is sometimes stubborn and focuses on things he really shouldn't be focusing on... But in the end, whatever happens, it doesn't matter very much, for he doesn't care very much about the particulars. As long as he's having fun, everything is fine. On the morality scale, I'd say Chaotic Neutral (or Chaotic Fun (as opposed to Lawful Serious, which is Saevus), if I get to make up alignments).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: June 25, 2015, 07:24:00 am »

Am unconscious
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: June 25, 2015, 07:28:06 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Prolly going to get eaten now... too tired to care..."

SLEEP

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: June 25, 2015, 08:13:11 am »

((Where is my character?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: June 25, 2015, 08:33:01 am »

Spoiler: I like explosions (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: June 25, 2015, 02:30:14 pm »

Guard watchfully.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: June 26, 2015, 01:01:12 am »

Alan sleep
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4121 on: June 26, 2015, 08:17:11 am »

Hey there! How many of you are ready for a new mission? Can I get a roll call here?
Took some time to finish designing it now that I have a bit more free time. We can start now. Just need to know who's in.

Staging Area

Use my leverage, let him have new pain.

(3DS).
I... think you want to attack?
I'll just have you attack.
Kosak charges Bryan, but is a bit confused when the stone beneath his feet turns into a sludge-like thing and he starts sinking.
He quickly regains his composure and continues forward, managing to get out of the patch with a bit of effort and continue his charge.

Bryan launches another powerful wide area strike towards his enemy, but he moves with incredible speed, trying to get out of the way. Despite his speed, he still has a hard time avoiding the massive blast. He is not hurt but he is put off balance by the strike.

Quote from: Bryan
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Quote from: Kosak
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

A low blow by Bryan, but it looks like Kosak managed to do well despite it. Kosak is almost back in melee range but dodging Bryan's strike has put him off balance.

Final Round

Spoiler: I like explosions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"BAWK?!?!"

It'll do.

Quickly evolve that special body part I selected, the poisony-gas one. At the same time, turn around, start clucking like a maniac, and run the opposite way.
You were facing Saevus... so you want to turn around, that means face away from Saevus... and then run backwards towards him? No birds can't run backwards. You want to run away from him? I'm going to assume that's what you want.

And you get that modification that lets you give others chicken pox poison gas.
Should've upgraded my range. Throw the crossbow away. Summon axe. Become Chicken Chaser. Become chicken disemboweler. Pull him to me if needed.
Your opponent starts clucking in a panicked manner and running away, his wings raising small clouds of dust as he flaps them to gain more speed. As he does so, some of his feathers fall off, strange holes kept closed by sphincters appearing in their place.

You try to pull him towards you, but you miss, pulling a nearby car instead.
The car goes through the railing and falls off the bridge, going for a swim in the sea below.

Meanwhile, your opponent manages to run almost all the way to the other side of the bridge.
Huh. Look at him go. You finally understand where that expression humans keep using comes from.

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"Prolly going to get eaten now... too tired to care..."

SLEEP
You wake up.

Looks like it's early in the morning. You can't see the sun from your hole, but you'd guess it's just risen or close to rising. No direct sunlight anywhere around you except the very tip of the volcano.

And you're not dead. Or at least you don't feel dead. One can never know when magic's involved.

Then again, if you were dead, you probably wouldn't feel so damn hungry and thirsty, you wouldn't feel that strange weakness and subtle ache that comes from overexertion, you wouldn't feel the bruises in your face from where you were struck repeatedly, you wouldn't feel the places where rocks pushed against your bones while you slept.

That pain means you are probably alive and your body is screaming at you to take better care of it. If it doesn't then this is probably not going to be a very pleasant afterlife.

Guard watchfully.
You wake up.

Damn it, you fell asleep while standing guard, didn't you?

Well, at least your throat was not slit, so that's something. And you do feel a bit refreshed from sleeping. You didn't sleep as much as you needed, but little is better than nothing.

Your stomach is still complaining though, making weird growling noises to declare its hunger. Probably why you woke up.

You try to speak to wake up Zechariah but your voice comes out hoarse. Your throat is parched. Need water.

You raise your scarf, cough a bit, lower it and try speaking again.
Hm, yes better, you can speak normally now. Should still find some water though.

Alan sleep
I imagine "Alan sleep" involves some sort of bizarre ritual that makes it different from normal sleep.
You wake up with a fixed leg. You're still somewhat dizzy, but it should hopefully pass. And you're also hungry and thirsty.
See below for more.
Am unconscious
You wake up.

The first thing you notice is that you are hungry and thirsty. But most of all you are tired. Feels like all your muscles are aching and even your mind feels a bit slow to wake up. You could really use some more sleep.

The second thing you notice is that you have your front legs. However, when you try to move them, you notice a problem. Its a feeling like tiredness, but multiplied hundredfold. Even moving them a little bit requires immense effort on your part. You doubt they'll be able to support your weight, let alone let you walk.

It is somewhat dark, lit by what little light the morning sky is emitting, but not so dark that you can't see easily. River is standing in front of the entrance, casting his shadow across the small room the formed by collapsed tunnel you are in. He is leaning against Alan's crutch to support his broken leg. One of his improvised bags hangs from his shoulder and one of those wires is around his neck.

Alan is besides you, also awake from the looks of it.
There's a few more of those wires on the floor near you, probably enough for anyone not wearing one.

River addresses the two of you.
<When the night comes, I am leaving this city. If you are strong enough, then you will meet me outside the wall when it is time.>
He looks at Irine before he continues.
<If you are not, then she is better off without you.>
With that, he turns around and starts walking away.

OOC
-snip-

Name: "Fizz" Fizzo Muzzier
Birthplace: Skylandia City
Appearance: Brown eye, Tan skin, Black short hair, average height. Wearing t-shirt and jeans.
Power:Increased Flail Control. He is equipped with his iron saw flail (a saw attached to a chain, like normal flails are).
That's all you want friend? Because as others have pointed out, you can ask for more, as long as you are willing to accept the chance of some penalties (or give yourself some penalties) you can ask for more power.

Right now, the way the character generation system works, a guy with +2 STR (which is enough strength to lift a car) has a good chance of receiving no penalties and even receiving some bonuses if he rolls really well.
The more powerful, far reaching and versatile an ability is, the more it ups the chances that it will require a penalty.
On the other hand, the more time it takes to use an ability, the more focused an ability is and the more things and conditions it requires to function, the more it lessens the chances that it will require a penalty.

Of course, don't let that deter you. Power gain is (by design) relatively quick in this game, as you can probably see by our current championship finalists. So as long as you manage to do well (or at least not do bad) in a few missions, you should gain power fairly quickly.

For example, if you look at the current fight, we have a level 1 guy that's really good in combat but not much else (little versatility) and a very versatile character that due to his high level and smart choices, both in the way he fights and in the way he uses the versatility his powers afford him (and luck, you always gotta have some luck), is managing to hold his own in the fight.

Irrelevant: Are those two colours your speech colour? Asking because I keep all speech colours in my notes so that I can find them easily.
I'm asking for Magnet. It can pull things with shenanigans (for example, stabbing someone(or self) with magnet-pulled sword, being shot by magnet-pulled bullets and magnet-balls tearing inside a body), disrupt someone's bioelectric(but not human memory)functions in the body and if strong enough, can kill indirectly from orbital orientation.
i'm ready from some penalties.
Yes, it is my speech colo(u)r. It is cyan with black glow.
So, kinda like Magneto but a bit more realistic?
If all you want is the ability to generate and manipulate powerful magnetic fields, we can do that. Just got to remember to keep you away from floppy disks.
And I'm assuming that orbital bit means that you'll be able to do that if you level up and get something like the "Power VI" upgrade.

Just two questions:
1) Do you have a preference between wide AoE, precision or something in between? Or should I choose whatever I think is best?
2) Do you want in on the next mission?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:40:36 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: June 26, 2015, 08:26:15 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Pain. The best alarm clock a man can ask for. It is a brand new day, and already it's had a grand start.

"Alan!" is his first word upon rising from his half-dead state. "Need some hamburgers and lemonade, stat!"

Should Alan not hear this, Ike does his best ambulance siren impression and looks around for his favorite man in the whole wide world, then repeats his request upon locating him. And probably offers him a sword for his trouble (leaving Nikolai, Ike and Alan with one each if I didn't miscount).

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: June 26, 2015, 08:31:58 am »

((Oh, you make me laugh. And yes, you interpreted my action correctly.))

Make my beak as lethal as possible. These wings are useless to me, absorb them into myself and use the biomass to make my legs more efficient at running. If he comes anywhere near me, begin spurting out huge amounts of poison.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: June 26, 2015, 08:32:21 am »

<I... WILL... redeem... me. I will... I will... I WILL...>
I generate flame directly above me, and use it to shift into hybrid form, then stumble forward to follow River, my arms hanging limply by my sides.
"I will..."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 521