Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126501 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Cobblestone Path Fighter
« Reply #4095 on: June 18, 2015, 10:22:40 pm »

I meant the head of your flail.  Comes standard as a blade, but have the ability to change it to a grapple, a point, a cat-o-nine tails, a chainsaw, a nuke...
I grapple with the chain(or rope) used for keeping a distance.
If i can get an additional skill WITH one malus,  I will take Magnetize. With chains steel ropes, what could go wrong?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: June 19, 2015, 12:10:08 am »

I meant the head of your flail.  Comes standard as a blade, but have the ability to change it to a grapple, a point, a cat-o-nine tails, a chainsaw, a nuke...
I grapple with the chain(or rope) used for keeping a distance.
If i can get an additional skill WITH one malus,  I will take Magnetize. With chains steel ropes, what could go wrong?
EPIC FLAIL! Just hope you dodge good, 'cuz I doubt you could take many hits, being an average Joe otherwise.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: June 19, 2015, 12:57:42 am »

The head of the flail can be used to attract (metal) bullets to the flail (also sometimes back to the shooter). Also it can pull people's weapon and send metal shards flying to the flail.
Main reason choosing Magnetism as secondary skill: Buckyballs(magnet balls, not Buckminsterfullerene).
Quote from:  Gizmodo(edited)
The attraction between the neodymium balls was so strong that they can tear holes in internal organs while pulling towards each other.
That being said, magnets can kill from inside your body.
EDIT: forgot to reply this
I tie them with the rope from the flail, not the head of the flail. As cat-o-nine-tails, i prefer use it as permanent, not mutation...
also sig'd
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:29:27 am by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: June 19, 2015, 07:48:28 am »

I'm serious as a fart attack.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: June 19, 2015, 10:41:19 am »

I'm serious as a fart attack.
I don't understand.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: June 19, 2015, 10:55:44 am »

It's a play on "serious as a heart attack" which is quite serious.  A guy rolling on the floor spasmodically farting would be fairly not-serious in its reactions from viewers.  So, in response to your sig, not serious at all.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4101 on: June 19, 2015, 07:52:20 pm »

Staging Area

"You dare!?!"

Spoiler: Fiery Fist o Pain: (click to show/hide)
You're a bit too far away and too small to reach him from the ground, without standing up, when you've been pushed back. I guess I'll just have to do some interpretive dance action reading...
Spoiler: It's clobbering time (click to show/hide)
Bryan moves faster yet again, continuing to pummel his opponent with relatively weak strikes. Kosak is able to roll with the hits and avoid taking damage, yet he is pushed back even further. When Bryan misses a strike, he is finally able to roll into a crouch and then stand up, displaying remarkable flexibility.

Bryan stops his strikes, closes his eyes and pulls his hands behind his torso, closing them into fists as his entire body tenses.
Just as he pushes his fists forward, punching the air and unleashing a powerful telekinetic wave, Kosak's blue bar takes a massive dip and his eyes begin glow green.

The shockwave races towards Kosak, tearing pieces of stone out of the ground and taking them with it, but he stands his ground. When the shockwave hits him, he digs his heels in and does everything he can to remain standing. The ground under his feet gives way under the pressure, pushing the stones that make it up away and forming tiny craters, but he himself does not buckle. When the hail of stones following the shockwave hits, he is able to block most of them, mitigating much of the damage.
Quote from: Bryan
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Quote from: Kosak
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

"What a twist! What a defence! It looks like both fighters are holding nothing back! And yet they are back on almost equal ground! But what could this mysterious new ability mean? Will it be worth the expense? And will it be enough to turn the tide of the battle yet again?"

See if I can predict next movement of the fighting duo based on their previous actions.
Well, Bryan seems to be spamming telekinetic attacks, so there's high chances he'll continue to do so and generally try to be defensive and attack from a distance. Kosak will probably try to charge at the other one. Other than that, you're can't really tell. You don't know enough about them yet.

Name: "Fizz" Fizzo Muzzier
Birthplace: Skylandia City
Appearance: Brown eye, Tan skin, Black short hair, average height. Wearing t-shirt and jeans.
Power:Increased Flail Control. He is equipped with his iron saw flail (a saw attached to a chain, like normal flails are).
That's all you want friend? Because as others have pointed out, you can ask for more, as long as you are willing to accept the chance of some penalties (or give yourself some penalties) you can ask for more power.

Right now, the way the character generation system works, a guy with +2 STR (which is enough strength to lift a car) has a good chance of receiving no penalties and even receiving some bonuses if he rolls really well.
The more powerful, far reaching and versatile an ability is, the more it ups the chances that it will require a penalty.
On the other hand, the more time it takes to use an ability, the more focused an ability is and the more things and conditions it requires to function, the more it lessens the chances that it will require a penalty.

Of course, don't let that deter you. Power gain is (by design) relatively quick in this game, as you can probably see by our current championship finalists. So as long as you manage to do well (or at least not do bad) in a few missions, you should gain power fairly quickly.

For example, if you look at the current fight, we have a level 1 guy that's really good in combat but not much else (little versatility) and a very versatile character that due to his high level and smart choices, both in the way he fights and in the way he uses the versatility his powers afford him (and luck, you always gotta have some luck), is managing to hold his own in the fight.

If what you want is the same after this little explanation, then tell me and I'll go ahead and process your character.

Irrelevant: Are those two colours your speech colour? Asking because I keep all speech colours in my notes so that I can find them easily.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: June 19, 2015, 09:30:45 pm »

I do love me some versatility; that said, that stun bomb move is going in the front of the playbook.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: June 19, 2015, 09:41:53 pm »

((I wonder what you'd consider Alan's playstyle (what little I have) as, Paris. I think he's somewhat of a Magikarp, but that just might be a personality thing.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: June 19, 2015, 10:03:20 pm »

((Sorry for taking so long to reply DAF. I was busy.))
Walk over to Nikolai and help him watch for guard as best as I can. Try to make myself feel better by talking.

"Hey, Nikolai," Zechariah says as he walks slowly over to where Nikolai is. "Do you... do you know what happened? I was.. kinda knocked out."
Nik turns to Zech.
"Oh hey Zech. How are you?"

Then he turns back to watching the distance.
So this house just magically appeared around us, then *Smash* a huge truck crashed right through the wall! Crazy, huh? I dragged River by the tail and took cover behind a table, but it hit Alan and knocked him out cold. Then it all disappeared as fast as it appeared, which is unfortunate because I wanted to wrangle and drive that truck. I really have no idea how you slept through all that.

Oh, then we found and ate an entire feast, and then River performed a song and dance routine, and there was some magic glowy crystal thing and it revealed all our destinies. You really slept through a lot. Hahaha not really I was joking, but the first thing about the truck was all true."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:06:47 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4105 on: June 19, 2015, 10:38:33 pm »

((I wonder what you'd consider Alan's playstyle (what little I have) as, Paris. I think he's somewhat of a Magikarp, but that just might be a personality thing.))
((Are you asking me to tell you my thoughts on the way you play your character and how Alan acts OR do you want me to talk about how your character can be played and how I'd describe him if he was a class I could chose in some game? Because those are not always the same.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: June 19, 2015, 10:42:33 pm »

((...yes.
To be more specific, both if that's alright. Just curious since I'd never really thought about the actual builds and stuff.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: June 19, 2015, 11:19:55 pm »

-snip-

Name: "Fizz" Fizzo Muzzier
Birthplace: Skylandia City
Appearance: Brown eye, Tan skin, Black short hair, average height. Wearing t-shirt and jeans.
Power:Increased Flail Control. He is equipped with his iron saw flail (a saw attached to a chain, like normal flails are).
That's all you want friend? Because as others have pointed out, you can ask for more, as long as you are willing to accept the chance of some penalties (or give yourself some penalties) you can ask for more power.

Right now, the way the character generation system works, a guy with +2 STR (which is enough strength to lift a car) has a good chance of receiving no penalties and even receiving some bonuses if he rolls really well.
The more powerful, far reaching and versatile an ability is, the more it ups the chances that it will require a penalty.
On the other hand, the more time it takes to use an ability, the more focused an ability is and the more things and conditions it requires to function, the more it lessens the chances that it will require a penalty.

Of course, don't let that deter you. Power gain is (by design) relatively quick in this game, as you can probably see by our current championship finalists. So as long as you manage to do well (or at least not do bad) in a few missions, you should gain power fairly quickly.

For example, if you look at the current fight, we have a level 1 guy that's really good in combat but not much else (little versatility) and a very versatile character that due to his high level and smart choices, both in the way he fights and in the way he uses the versatility his powers afford him (and luck, you always gotta have some luck), is managing to hold his own in the fight.

Irrelevant: Are those two colours your speech colour? Asking because I keep all speech colours in my notes so that I can find them easily.
I'm asking for Magnet. It can pull things with shenanigans (for example, stabbing someone(or self) with magnet-pulled sword, being shot by magnet-pulled bullets and magnet-balls tearing inside a body), disrupt someone's bioelectric(but not human memory)functions in the body and if strong enough, can kill indirectly from orbital orientation.
i'm ready from some penalties.
Yes, it is my speech colo(u)r. It is cyan with black glow.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: June 20, 2015, 05:14:21 pm »

Use my leverage, let him have new pain.

(3DS).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: June 22, 2015, 10:48:34 am »

That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 521